Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:27:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is taxation theft?  (Read 75915 times)
0Pirats0

Activity: 106
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:14:18 AM

If the tax is not being used to improve a certain country, then it is somehow a theft.

Of course in most cases, it turns out only theft, because for all the money that was paid in taxes it would be possible for many countries to make successful and prosperous. And for this money they only create a war and destroy the state even more.
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:23:00 PM

If the tax is not being used to improve a certain country, then it is somehow a theft.

If a thief steals your wallet then gives the money to his sick mother...is it still theft?

If a thief steals your wallet then uses the money to buy guns to kill people are you party to murder because you allowed the theft?

It is still theft.

And yes, you are also somewhat responsible if you know that he will use the money to kill and yet you still allow him to have your money.

That is why I left the US. The first tax day that came along where I paid no income taxes I felt relieved that none of my money went to fund ISIS. And by not holding dollars I was not contributing to the monetary system that allows them to print their war money. It is a very satisfying feeling.
You can't feel free from the financing of wars. Even if you don't pay tax on your income, you may still acquire food and other goods with which the seller has to pay tax. The money you give him in person. The government will always find a way to get into your pocket.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 12:49:42 PM

It is still theft.

And yes, you are also somewhat responsible if you know that he will use the money to kill and yet you still allow him to have your money.

That is why I left the US. The first tax day that came along where I paid no income taxes I felt relieved that none of my money went to fund ISIS. And by not holding dollars I was not contributing to the monetary system that allows them to print their war money. It is a very satisfying feeling.
You can't feel free from the financing of wars. Even if you don't pay tax on your income, you may still acquire food and other goods with which the seller has to pay tax. The money you give him in person. The government will always find a way to get into your pocket.
[/quote]

Yep. But if more people stop paying taxes and using the USD it will eventually shut down the machine.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
lilit

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:05:58 AM

Let many people say that now the life time of people rises a little and the poor becomes less, But I want to say that the presence of such huge taxes simply do not allow a person to live, and practical to survive. My country already has such ugly taxes that I do not even understand how easy it will not be to raise children and build their own house.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 06:10:08 AM

Let many people say that now the life time of people rises a little and the poor becomes less, But I want to say that the presence of such huge taxes simply do not allow a person to live, and practical to survive. My country already has such ugly taxes that I do not even understand how easy it will not be to raise children and build their own house.

Simple. You live in a house owned by the bank and you pay them an insane amount of interest.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 12:56:14 PM

Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMQZEIXBMs

A long time ago there use to be a country that liked freedom and no one could tax them against their will. And one day some freedom hater came along and asked let me just tax the 1% rich people and give it to the poor. Well the wise judge of this land said no, the power to tax is the power to destroy. If we ever allow taxation of our free people, they will no longer be free and so this land didn't alow any taxation!

How did it survive and function. If function through ad valorem tax and it was one of the strongest countries.

Of course there is no such country this is ajust a fairy tale. We all know no one like freedom and all love high taxes. Long live taxes and may they be at least 75% they are good for our leaders!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:20:19 PM

If the government has actual intentions of helping the country then taxes are a vital part of the income and can contribute to many public works along with building and personnel maintenance. The key word here is IF.

Yes it is if.  And that if was used by modern/rich countries like Jaoan, Canada, Qatar, and Denmark.  Tax was there even before Jesus was born.  They uses it to build the cities and other monuments.  Some of them belongs to the ancient wonders of the world.  If taxes would be eliminated, I do not think that our government could do its functions.  Tax is vital thing.  And whether we like it or not, even if we see or did not see the effect of it, it somehow still helps us.
hovrah

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:39:06 PM

If the government has actual intentions of helping the country then taxes are a vital part of the income and can contribute to many public works along with building and personnel maintenance. The key word here is IF.

Yes it is if.  And that if was used by modern/rich countries like Jaoan, Canada, Qatar, and Denmark.  Tax was there even before Jesus was born.  They uses it to build the cities and other monuments.  Some of them belongs to the ancient wonders of the world.  If taxes would be eliminated, I do not think that our government could do its functions.  Tax is vital thing.  And whether we like it or not, even if we see or did not see the effect of it, it somehow still helps us.
I think that no one is ready to part with their money and therefore, No one wants to pay taxes. The fact is that taxes are a state policy and from it you can not escape anywhere. Therefore, there is only one way out for Bitcoin users, and it's in the shadows, without legalizing crypto currency.
malata

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:41:04 PM

Not paying anything towards the society/country you live in would be theft, taxation is a basic requirement for society to function.

Misusing taxes on the other hand is definitely theft.
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:44:42 AM

Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMQZEIXBMs

Tax is good,The Governments use taxation to encourage or discourage certain economic issues and decision. The more people pay taxes the results are greater construction activities of infrastructure such as schools, roads, hospitals and other public facilities and also generates more jobs.
tikboyhere

Activity: 108
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:56:41 AM

Tax is not bad. We need to pay tax because it needs for our country to survive. However its application is the one that make it hard to understans because as person and individual citizen we are already paying our taxes plus the item that we purchased has tax as well. And that makes me feel that this is too much and looks like a theft already. If someone can stand and do something about this. Because its very hard to live by always paying taxes its like we are only workig for the sake of the government which they dont care about us.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 02:07:02 AM

Tax is not bad. We need to pay tax because it needs for our country to survive. However its application is the one that make it hard to understans because as person and individual citizen we are already paying our taxes plus the item that we purchased has tax as well. And that makes me feel that this is too much and looks like a theft already. If someone can stand and do something about this. Because its very hard to live by always paying taxes its like we are only workig for the sake of the government which they dont care about us.
That's true, it's the governments' payroll that we're paying for (if you are paying taxes). The people in the government are the ones to be blamed or can be investigated when they have an unaccountable wealth. If they can't explain their wealth, then probably they got it illegally or something like that. That's the real theft in my opinion.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 04:19:38 AM

Tax is good,The Governments use taxation to encourage or discourage certain economic issues and decision. The more people pay taxes the results are greater construction activities of infrastructure such as schools, roads, hospitals and other public facilities and also generates more jobs.

A charity uses their money to do good things. Governments sometimes use their money to do good things.

The question is not about what is done with the money but how it is obtained.

The question posed is not "can money be used in a useful way?". Start another thread if that is what you want to discuss.

PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:46:01 AM

... Governments use taxation to encourage or discourage certain economic issues and decision...

That's not really accurate. It is a person or small group that hijacks that authority to push an agenda with tax money.

Everybody has some idea of what might be a good thing to do with a trillion dollars.

If your thing is helping impoverished people, you might start an ngo and get donations.

If your thing is science, you might try to get funding for a lab.

If your thing is some weird political notion requiring lots of noisy armaments and things that explode, or if you are trying to compensate for too many beatings from your dad, you join the government and try to enforce your opinion by forcing similar people to join your battle.
IGNation

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

★Adconity.com★

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:18:54 AM

Don't blame taxation, taxation was formed for a good purpose it is just being abused by the officials it is fine to pay taxes, we are also responsible for taking care of our own country we should do our responsibility as part of this community i think some of the official is a thief they use taxation for their own good so taxation is not a theft it's our responsibility.

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Don't blame taxation, taxation was formed for a good purpose it is just being abused by the officials it is fine to pay taxes, we are also responsible for taking care of our own country we should do our responsibility as part of this community i think some of the official is a thief they use taxation for their own good so taxation is not a theft it's our responsibility.

I'n my country 90% of the tax doesn't go to community so that is BS. War, medical mafia, farma mafia all other loby insiders that is where that tax goes. A tiny bit on roads, schools etc... We are better off paying for roads and schools on local level then get "raped" by the federal mafia then get 10% back. So keep you BS statements to your self it's not true. The power to tax is the power to destroy me freedom at least in my country.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:28:49 AM

You should put in some research, sir.

Taxation was - independently around the world in various cultures set up for raising of armies. That doesnt make it inherently bad or good, it is tool. Public education has exact same origins - more literate population - more taxes - larger and more efficient military.

Misuse of taxes then makes perfect sense, since why you should share a tool, that gives you advantage over the others? Thats why big states with high taxations present a problem. Eventually they all end up as feudals, "farming" their own population. As we could see in Soviet Union or present day Scandinavia.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 12:43:37 PM

Don't blame theft. Theft was started for a good purpose. It is just being abused.

PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:15:43 PM

Don't blame theft. Theft was started for a good purpose. It is just being abused.

That's a good point.

The original motive of "theft" is getting food, and that motive is more basic than the convoluted motives of acquiring excess consumer goods.

When you see a dog steal it is usually for food, or to harmlessly play.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:20:42 PM

That's a good point.

The original motive of "theft" is getting food, and that motive is more basic than the convoluted motives of acquiring excess consumer goods.

When you see a dog steal it is usually for food, or to harmlessly play.

No. Dogs do not steal, because dogs do not have concept of either morality or private property. Human beings are not dogs. And neither is state.

Elwar, gave you this example precisely because he thought, that you will be capable of understanding, that you cannot justify bad acts by noble means.

Moral relativism is road back to cave where we came from.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: