Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:06:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is taxation theft?  (Read 75911 times)
syntaxerror797

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:47:23 AM

Tax a charge usually of money imposed by authority on persons or property for public purposes.
Taxation can be theft depending upon the goverment handling it. If a government, uses tax for their own pleasures then it can defined as theft. If government officials corrupts the fund and put it in their pocket instead, then it's considered theft. But the not all government are like that, some really uses tax for the improvement of their municipality. For restorations of buildings, for scholarships and etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 06:18:28 AM

Tax a charge usually of money imposed by authority on persons or property for public purposes.
Taxation can be theft depending upon the goverment handling it. If a government, uses tax for their own pleasures then it can defined as theft. If government officials corrupts the fund and put it in their pocket instead, then it's considered theft. But the not all government are like that, some really uses tax for the improvement of their municipality. For restorations of buildings, for scholarships and etc.

Classic.

The outcome determines the morality of the act.

Have sex with a woman without her consent. She ends up pregnant and the baby grows up to cure cancer.

Was the sex rape?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
doni95

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:23:14 AM

Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMQZEIXBMs

As a citizen of our country, taxation or paying taxes is our contribution for the development and improvement of our country.  The taxes that we're paying carries out many functions.  From pavement of roads, building bridges, public transportation, building hospitals, building of public schools and improvement of educational system,  electricity, water, waste management system, public utilities, infrastructures, jobs, improving of financial and economic status, and etc.  

The disappointing part is when corrupt government officials pockets or steals money from its citizens.
psionin

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:06:37 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 03:05:19 PM by psionin

The people arguing for (involuntary) taxation or claiming it's not theft must benefit from the redistribution in some way...

Building roads is not an excuse, you can have a yearly driver's license fee to pay for that.

Education and medicine are services that people consume, much like they consume food. You want to have a service that someone else has to go to work for and create? Pay for it out of pocket on the spot, just like at the supermarket, and that's it. Every single tax related to that is just a way for some people to get benefits that others produce. If you can't handle paying for your 8 kids, then don't breed, please.

Using the threat of force to take money that I spend my own time and effort making in order to pay for someone else's family expenses is absolutely 100% THEFT.

The root of good in society is the voluntary exchange of value for value. The root of evil is the pursuit of involuntary exchange of force for value.
summit26

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:20:36 PM

For me, taxation is not considered theft, theft means it was stole from you without any consent. Taxation is deduction from your salary with a consent because it was your obligation to pay to the government.

• ✦ ALPHATECA ✦ •alphateca.com
ICO ► 07/01 - 08/01 ► ico.alphateca.com
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 02:26:19 PM

For me, taxation is not considered theft, theft means it was stole from you without any consent. Taxation is deduction from your salary with a consent because it was your obligation to pay to the government.

I do not consent.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
anazinovjeva

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:13:42 PM

I don't consider taxation a theft if the money go where they are supposed to go like pensions and stuff. Sadly a lot of money stay in the hands of corrupted officials.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 08:59:34 PM

I walked up to some guy with a gun last night, pushed him to the ground and took his wallet out of his pocket. Took half of his money and threw the rest in his face.

Then I went and used half of that money to pay for some kid to take some online courses in basket weaving. The rest of it I blew on hookers.

Was it theft or a tax when I took that guy's money?

Goethe

Activity: 99
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:12:44 PM

Taxation is theft is a popular slogan among libertarians.It captures the sentiment that we should hold the state to the same moral standards as non-state actors.
little tornado

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:00:23 AM

Of course not. Taxes are used by the government to make progress in a country- making roads, paying government employees, feeding poor people, implementing helpful programs and such. The problem is just that, after effects of taxes are not often felt making the taxpayer utter "Were our taxpaying  really worth it?".
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:29:23 AM

Of course not. Taxes are used by the government to make progress in a country- making roads, paying government employees, feeding poor people, implementing helpful programs and such. The problem is just that, after effects of taxes are not often felt making the taxpayer utter "Were our taxpaying  really worth it?".

You could buy everything cheaper than being taxed for it.

"But I couldn't afford the section of street out front of my house!"

Government can't afford it either. They borrow from the Federal Reserve Bank. What they borrow turns into the national debt, a Ponzi scheme that is going to crash the whole country when the fiat bubbles collapse.

Taxation only draws the Ponzi out longer, which will only make the crash worse. The great depression was like a picnic on the beach compared to what we're going to see in this Ponzi crash.

And it's all because of taxation, which is the measure of how much money Government can borrow from the FED. If there weren't any taxes, Gov couldn't borrow from the FED. The Ponzi would have crashed decades ago, and we would be back on the Treasury Note system rather than the Federal Reserve Note Ponzi system.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:17:58 AM

It depends on how much you are taxed and the services they use this money for.

If it's 30% ,it's okay, more is thievery

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:45:37 AM

It depends on how much you are taxed and the services they use this money for.

If it's 30% ,it's okay, more is thievery

If any of your tax money goes for something that you don't know about,
or if it goes for something you don't want,
or if you are forced,
it's stealing.

If you agree with taxation, you are not being taxed. It is simply a blind donation, since you don't really know what it is being used for.

But, if you agree with taxation, you agree that people who don't agree with taxation, should have their money stolen from them. You are part of the robbery group.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Daniel_Hernandez

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:04:18 PM

i understand that there has to be some taxes to pay for things like roads etc.... but the reason i believe taxing is theft is because i have no say about what that money goes toward. it is taken and handed out in ways i don't agree with.
for example i don't agree with money being taken out of my paycheck and handed to some lazy woman that decided to have 5 kids she cant afford to care for. that's not my fault, i don't want my tax dollars paying for that. the fact is, i pay out a lot of taxes, but definitely get much much less in return.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 08:20:34 PM

No. Taxes are most definitely not theft. What about the roads?! lol!

On a completely unrelated note I received this e-mail yesterday:

"I know who you are, I know where you live. If you do not send 2 bitcoins to this address within a week I will send a team to your house and you will never again see the light of day.
<BTC address hidden for protection of the extorsionist>"

To which I replied:
"Wait a minute...what do you plan on doing with those 2 bitcoin?"

The extortionist replied to my e-mail:
"Well, we will use a lot of it for ourselves, we will up our game with better teams of kidnappers, upgrade our operation while leveraging the operation to take out loans to buy some guns and fight our competitors. Also, we will be donating a very small portion to helping the homeless and educating children."

That was good enough for me. I sent the 2 bitcoins. Definitely not theft if some of the money is going to help the children.

ericaltm

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:16:06 PM

Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMQZEIXBMs

Let me put things into a simple POV: Do you enjoy driving on the road? If you are in America you are likely to say no because the roads are quite bad, but if you are European you wouldn't be negative about the roads. (this is at least in most instances)

If it wasn't because of Tax, you would enjoy driving much much MUCH less, because you would be driving in the middle of nowhere, on a dirt road. Don't forget the government pays for the infrastructure that we all use every day. Now... Do we pay more than needed? That is a whole complete other question. But to answer your question, I think it is not theft.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 06:13:49 PM

Let me put things into a simple POV: Do you enjoy driving on the road? If you are in America you are likely to say no because the roads are quite bad, but if you are European you wouldn't be negative about the roads. (this is at least in most instances)

If it wasn't because of Tax, you would enjoy driving much much MUCH less, because you would be driving in the middle of nowhere, on a dirt road. Don't forget the government pays for the infrastructure that we all use every day. Now... Do we pay more than needed? That is a whole complete other question. But to answer your question, I think it is not theft.

If the government did not have a monopoly on the roads...just imagine how much better they would be today.

There was a government monopoly on telephones for 50 years from 1934 to 1984. Think of the advances in telephones during that time, and think of the advances after.

We should be driving on smart roads right now. Or not on roads. Government fucked up roads.

milkiWay45

Activity: 54
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:29:22 PM

If the government did not have a monopoly on the roads...just imagine how much better they would be today.

There was a government monopoly on telephones for 50 years from 1934 to 1984. Think of the advances in telephones during that time, and think of the advances after.

We should be driving on smart roads right now. Or not on roads. Government fucked up roads.

Same thing with railways. Most of railroads in the US we private which let the industry and infrastructure grow with amazing speed. The natural monopolies don't really exist.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:17:03 PM

Taxation is simply can not be directly related to theft. We cannot absolutely say that taxation is theft nor theft is taxation. The nature of taxation in the first place is to utilize and ditribute the money within the society fairly and just. It aims for the common good and tge development of the community as a whole. Without this, a cohesive advancement will not be achieved. Thus, fragmented progress will prevail. And it is not good within the country. However, despite of the taxation's beneficial intention, it also open the doors for the thieves to steal. It makes anyone who are facilitating the funds vulnerable of commiting a theft. But at the end of the day, though taxatiin may be a platform for theft, still, the good decision to make is our choice.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 06:08:24 PM

Taxation is simply can not be directly related to theft. We cannot absolutely say that taxation is theft nor theft is taxation. The nature of taxation in the first place is to utilize and ditribute the money within the society fairly and just. It aims for the common good and tge development of the community as a whole. Without this, a cohesive advancement will not be achieved. Thus, fragmented progress will prevail. And it is not good within the country. However, despite of the taxation's beneficial intention, it also open the doors for the thieves to steal. It makes anyone who are facilitating the funds vulnerable of commiting a theft. But at the end of the day, though taxatiin may be a platform for theft, still, the good decision to make is our choice.

That's some commie bullshit right there.

Your money is your money. Not something to be distributed "within the society fairly and just".

If you don't own your own body or the product of your labor, then you are accepting that the government owns you.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: