Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:12:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is taxation theft?  (Read 75911 times)
flametoken
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 11:06:58 AM

Anyone that uses the phrase "taxation is theft" also wants to privatize all of the things that are currently being paid for with taxes. This hypothetical person of yours arguing to abolish taxes without also abolishing public services does not actually exist

Indeed. All this "public services" that the government forcibly imposes on the people could be provided cheaper and most probably better by free enterprise. If it's something that people want and they are willing to pay for, then other people will provide that good/service. If the people are not willing to pay for something, then it means the government shouldn't provide it either, because people do not want it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:16:28 PM

The interesting thing about the United States society, The Constitution and Amendments 1, 4, 5, 9, and 14 (and possibly others), show that you don't have to be a member of the United States society to live on land that is normally considered part of the United States. The Constitution and the listed Amendments, along with the courts, btw, have shown that if you stand as a [wo]man, it's up to you which society you belong to.

Because we have been so grossly mis-educated, we barely realize what is going on. Basically, if you are attacked by government (or anybody), or if you want to attack government or anybody, you can take it to Federal District Court and have the judge or jury decide. If you don't select the judge (called magistrate) it defaults to the jury.

The jury has the right through jury nullification to judge both the facts and the law. And there is almost no limit to the way they can judge. They can even rule a U.S. law of no effect in your case. But you need to make a good case, because they are 12 of your country people. And sometimes they don't think like you do.

Youtube search on "Karl Lentz" and "private membership association." Then study like there is no tomorrow... if you are serious.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 05:57:33 PM

It's not theft if that money collected is reinvested to benefit the people of a nation. It is though, if there is corruption and those funds don't go where they have to go.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
daniel08

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:19:40 AM

In my own opinion yes , taxation is theft because the government collecting money in their people and suddenly the money of the people that they paying in taxes goes to pocket of government officials. Here in our country the tax of the people are going in the pockets of politicians , and other government agencies. There promises to do to the country are not been issued because the tax of the people are in their own pockets.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 03:13:47 AM

I think that taxes are used for other purposes. Instead of improving the situation this money is used for the entertainment of rulers and for war. I believe that taxes do not need to be paid and then it will be better.

Anyone who paid US taxes or used Federal Reserve Notes are complicit in the white phosphorus attacks on innocent women and children.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 12:20:17 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2018, 01:57:46 PM by Elwar

Imagine that there is a small island with many people just living their lives, they have no taxes but they have a wealthy patron that pays for their government. Roads, hospitals, police, etc.

His only condition is that he has to have anal sex with everyone on the island at least once a year.

This goes on for years, young people are born and when they turn 18 they do their civic duty and provide the guy with their anus for the sex contribution. The guy passes down the tradition to his male children and this goes on for generations.

Then the rumblings begin of certain people saying "yearly anal contributions are anal rape!". People justify the anal rape as something that's always been done. "If you don't like it you can just leave", "it's the price we pay for a civilized society!", "what about the roads!?!", "it's only anal rape if the government doesn't spend the money right", "it's not rape because it's legal", "it's not rape if they're gentle", "on my island he takes me to dinner before I am forced to have sex with him so it's not really rape". Everyone justifies anal rape as normal because they don't know any other way of getting government services so they just accept it as normal.

People getting anally raped is a normal thing. Because government services.

Someone may step forward and say "why don't we just only pay for the services we use? then we could stop being anally raped every year.". After all of the justifications for being raped anally people in the end don't like what the guy is saying mainly because it's easier for them to get anally raped than to pay for things they want. Some even enjoy it so to them it's not rape. Some just can't conceive of how such a system would work so they'd rather just keep getting their ass torn up because it's just how things work. They see him as a threat to their normal way of life and attack him in the hopes that he'll just shut up already.

Or worse, some people are exempt and tell the people getting raped that it's their duty ("think of it like paying rent"...even though you're paying my rent too). They even like the system because the people they don't like tend to get raped harder.

Then some people may finally say...we'll just create a floating island where we don't have to get anally raped and move there.

Instead of people saying "well that's your decision, good luck with that" they are openly hostile to such an idea. "I hope your island sinks!", "you'll end up getting raped by someone even if it's not called rape", "a society without anal rape just can't work", "what about the waves!?!", "Pirates!".

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:34:08 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2018, 01:52:44 PM by cryptohunter

Imagine that there is a small island with many people just living their lives, they have no taxes but they have a wealthy patron that pays for their government. Roads, hospitals, police, etc.

His only condition is that he has to have anal sex with everyone on the island at least once a year.

This goes on for years, young people are born and when they turn 18 they do their civic duty and provide the guy with their anus for the sex contribution. The guy passes down the tradition to his male children and this goes on for generations.

Then the rumblings begin of certain people saying "yearly anal contributions are anal rape!". People justify the anal rape as something that's always been done. "If you don't like it you can just leave", "it's the price we pay for a civilized society!", "what about the roads!?!", "it's only anal rape if the government doesn't spend the money right", "it's not rape because it's legal", "it's not rape if they're gentle", "on my island he takes me to dinner before I am forced to have sex with him so it's not really rape". Everyone justifies anal rape as normal because they don't know any other way of getting government services so they just accept it as normal.

People getting anally raped is a normal thing. Because government services.

Someone may step forward and say "why don't we just only pay for the services we use? then we could stop being anally raped every year.". After all of the justifications for being raped anally people in the end don't like what the guy is saying mainly because it's easier for them to get anally raped than to pay for things they want. Some even enjoy it so to them it's not rape. Some just can't conceive of how such a system would work so they'd rather just keep getting their ass torn up because it's just how things work. They see him as a threat to their normal way of life and attack him in the hopes that he'll just shut up already.

Or worse, some people are exempt and tell the people getting raped that it's their duty ("think of it like paying rent"...even though you're paying my rent too). They even like the system because the people they don't like tend to get raped harder.

Then some people may finally say...we'll just create a floating island where we don't have to get anally raped and move there.

Instead of people saying "well that's your decision, good luck with that" they are openly hostile to such an idea. "I hope your island sinks!", "you'll end up getting raped by someone even if it's not called rape", "a society without anal rape just can't work", "what about the waves!?!", "Pirates!".

Your analogy is 100% correct. I actually thought it was very comprehensive and covered much

However, I was simply saying if I left and said no more of my sexy ass for the ruling class anymore. So long ass raper and those that want to continue bending over or see no other choice. I am leaving to my new island with others who don't wish to be ass raped any longer.

I would not expect to come back to ass rape island and get the same services (excluding ass rape) as those paying with their ass pipes. Not because essentially I would rationalise that I would be doing anything wrong, I mean why do we have to be ass raped, why can there not be another way. Mostly because you know that the others paying for everything with their ass are 100% going to take the view you are getting out of what they are being forced to experience. Are they to blame more than the ass raper? I guess if he is a patron is donating money/services in return for their ass ...then those receiving anal poundings are to blame more than he for the situation. However if he is enforcing anal rape and giving the services as compensation that is different.

It's quite tough to actually apportion blame really because if they want to get assfucked more than to find alternative ways to exist then perhaps there is no blame. Merely people that do want to be assfucked and some that do not. The minority should either take a part of anal island and start their own thing or leave for the new island. That's if the minority did not want to get ass raped. If they were the majority then the ass raping fans should go and set up else where.

I am opting out of ass rape island (not that I should have to but really but because all the people with loose assholes have now have decided through lack of any other action to keep the status quo there).

I would not expect in anyway to return to the ass rape island to use their services or anything that is funded by the community getting assraped. They will rightly or wrongly assume you are using services their asses are financing and view you as taking the piss.

If for example the community thought it was fair you could return  and for a fee use services then I expect that would be okay.

You have to remember you need a critical mass of people to be able to really start their own island successfully and not many are willing to be the guinea pigs for this.

The only problem with your analogy I guess is there is no other island to go to where you can establish something under your own laws entirely. Well not that I am aware off. You would need to obtain majority or parity and just divide the current island up if the ass raper and his meat will not agree to you having a section of the current island.

I agree compulsory taxation is theft until you decide to willingly become part of it. Then it is just a system you are part of.

I guess people can exist outside of this to a large extent but then their lives will be very different (perhaps much better) but not everyone can go off grid or find their piece of their island and start their own community.

The people I dislike the most in your analogy are not the ass rapists actually. I dislike the nay sayers and those that are getting ass raped and hate it but want to make sure you get ass raped too (preferably harder than they are so they can feel better) instead of trying your own path because they are too weak to try it even though they want to.

You have to be careful when upsetting the apple cart though because you don't want to introduce a system where you end up getting assfucked 1x a month for the same living standard (not accounting for more regular sex).

It is a very complex juggling act. I think the reason it still happens is because to organise and create a system outside of it is much harder than you would imagine especially as the land is already all all snapped up. Even if you found your own land/island and created a good thing it could be hard to protect it from other people who want to take your things and ass rape constantly for a long time.

To me tax could work well but it needs to be a very efficient system. Perhaps each country should set up a small section for people that want to opt out of the current tax system.  I'm not sure what it would be like to live there though.... ha i'm turning into the people i dislike the most.... lol actually no because i would certainly encourage others to leave and try the new place.

No doubt though compulsory tax without opting in is theft but I can not honestly say I could design a better system myself other than to streamline the shit out of the current system.

I think blockchain and smart contracts could actually be the start of something that could present a better system. We will wait and see.

I was excited to hear of the prospect of crypto island ( a while back). Perhaps if all current islands are claimed then when btc hits 1M some btc whales can construct some islands somewhere and the experiment can start. With enough money it may be possible to buy an island that is a claimed already but stake your own sovereignty on it after. Not sure if that is even possible.

I suspect they will just move to monaco or something where the ass rape is reduced to an ass spanking with a feather duster once every 5 years.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 05:45:35 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2018, 06:31:18 AM by Elwar

All good points.

Though those born into the system don't really have a choice.

It's quite tough to actually apportion blame really because if they want to get assfucked more than to find alternative ways to exist then perhaps there is no blame. Merely people that do want to be assfucked and some that do not. The minority should either take a part of anal island and start their own thing or leave for the new island. That's if the minority did not want to get ass raped. If they were the majority then the ass raping fans should go and set up else where.

I believe the #taxationistheft folks wish that this would become the majority view and the theft fans should be the ones to go and set up elsewhere.

I agree, every piece of land is taken by the ass rapists so there is no "if you don't like it just leave".

I think blockchain and smart contracts could actually be the start of something that could present a better system. We will wait and see.

I agree. In time this should provide many of the solutions.

I also see seasteading as the solution for those that want to "leave the island". This also we will wait and see.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:10:28 PM

I also see seasteading as the solution for those that want to "leave the island". This also we will wait and see.

I agree with all of this entirely.

I wonder if finding large areas of land under very shallow water is the next big thing. So long as it is at least 12miles from land I think that you can develop it. I guess though you would need to have a considerable army or deterrent if you did start to construct something of real value. I wonder what it would take to be a recognised sovereign state.

I don't think as yet there is enough motivation for this to take off in a huge way.

I wonder what about just a GIANT ship. I know where the boat is constructed or registered when built is then where the boat is tied to and laws from that country then apply. However one possibility would perhaps be to build just one man made island and construct boats from there. I guess I only mention giant boats as an alternative over man made islands since I would expect they could cost less, you could make as many as required. Also with these man made islands that i have seen so far (not that many) they do look rather flat and vulnerable to big storms?  With advanced weather prediction I guess it could be possible to move your giant ship out of the way. The entire thing would need to be as solar powered as possible for sure. So I am not even sure for such a huge vessel you could capture/store anywhere near enough solar power to propel the ship and supply the population with the energy they need. I mean it could be possible.

If you could build a sea island though that could be a sovereign state that is recognised it would be very interesting. I mean by default I would have thought if it were more than 12 miles from any coast it would automatically be self governing. I am surprised some billionaires have not tried this already. To construct your very own country that has it's own sovereignty you would imagine would be very tempting.

Ha sorry I am going off topic. Interesting topic for sure though.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 08:41:24 PM

I wonder if finding large areas of land under very shallow water is the next big thing. So long as it is at least 12miles from land I think that you can develop it. I guess though you would need to have a considerable army or deterrent if you did start to construct something of real value. I wonder what it would take to be a recognised sovereign state.

I don't think as yet there is enough motivation for this to take off in a huge way.

I wonder what about just a GIANT ship. I know where the boat is constructed or registered when built is then where the boat is tied to and laws from that country then apply. However one possibility would perhaps be to build just one man made island and construct boats from there. I guess I only mention giant boats as an alternative over man made islands since I would expect they could cost less, you could make as many as required. Also with these man made islands that i have seen so far (not that many) they do look rather flat and vulnerable to big storms?  With advanced weather prediction I guess it could be possible to move your giant ship out of the way. The entire thing would need to be as solar powered as possible for sure. So I am not even sure for such a huge vessel you could capture/store anywhere near enough solar power to propel the ship and supply the population with the energy they need. I mean it could be possible.

If you could build a sea island though that could be a sovereign state that is recognised it would be very interesting. I mean by default I would have thought if it were more than 12 miles from any coast it would automatically be self governing. I am surprised some billionaires have not tried this already. To construct your very own country that has it's own sovereignty you would imagine would be very tempting.

This form of taxation isn't theft. What taxation am I talking about? It won't be easy developing seasteading, underwater based islands, and other forms of freedom in the oceans. In fact, you will be taxed to the limits of your strength trying to develop these things.

Just ask Joe Quirk at Seasteading.org.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 11:55:17 AM

This form of taxation isn't theft. What taxation am I talking about? It won't be easy developing seasteading, underwater based islands, and other forms of freedom in the oceans. In fact, you will be taxed to the limits of your strength trying to develop these things.

Cool

I know Joe. It is true that you will pay more than you pay on land just as you do with a boat. But you are likely going to pay less than ocean front property on land and less than a boat.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:06:59 PM

Cool

I know Joe. It is true that you will pay more than you pay on land just as you do with a boat. But you are likely going to pay less than ocean front property on land and less than a boat.

I don't disagree at all. There are advantages and disadvantages to paying formal taxes any way you go about it.

In the USA, if you want to pay less formal tax, you have to go under the table. There are costs for doing it this way... costs that are essentially taxes.

OR, you have to take some IRS agents to court the right way. There is expense to finding out what the right way is, and to manipulating some judges into a corner where they won't be unjust. And if you lose, the tax is even higher... although it isn't called a tax.

Seasteading is a fun choice to make. It involves being taxed in the work you have to do to make it happen. But it is a freedom-gaining taxation. And for your kids and grandkids, it just might be a much more meaningful freedom... if you do it the right way, so that the seasteading community doesn't get taken over by a bunch of criminals who manipulate their way into the seasteading government, just to tax seasteading people more.

Cool

EDIT: Does seasteading have torpedo protection?

Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:41:47 PM

Taxation is not theft. Taxation is the dues for semi-mandatory membership to an enormous resource cooperative. How quickly anarcho-anythingists forget the simple joy of having flush toilets. Now, what happens to those dues AFTER collection – that's theft. And who's doing the thieving?
.. Anarcho-capitalists. Yeah, good luck with all that "liberty" when there's no authority to stop them from enslaving you completely.

they seem to think that private companies would be better as if they wouldn't do something similar or worse like pay to just use the bathroom in the first place then make you pay to flush it

But you would at least have a choice in what you're paying for.

I do not see much value in my contributions toward phosphorous bombing women and children in some far off place.
Sad but its becoming true this day, tax was not properly used by the government. It goes to their pockets and for the people and the society. Low quality of production by them and they only give low fund for one project. Thats why many tax payer become mad because their money goes to nonsense things.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 04:20:46 AM

Cool

I don't disagree at all. There are advantages and disadvantages to paying formal taxes any way you go about it.

In the USA, if you want to pay less formal tax, you have to go under the table. There are costs for doing it this way... costs that are essentially taxes.

OR, you have to take some IRS agents to court the right way. There is expense to finding out what the right way is, and to manipulating some judges into a corner where they won't be unjust. And if you lose, the tax is even higher... although it isn't called a tax.

Seasteading is a fun choice to make. It involves being taxed in the work you have to do to make it happen. But it is a freedom-gaining taxation. And for your kids and grandkids, it just might be a much more meaningful freedom... if you do it the right way, so that the seasteading community doesn't get taken over by a bunch of criminals who manipulate their way into the seasteading government, just to tax seasteading people more.

Cool

EDIT: Does seasteading have torpedo protection?

I think the poor assumption of seasteading is seeing it as a single entity as opposed to a grouping of individuals. Individuals that can move their homes if they don't like their neighbors. Being taken over would be as easy as scooping up oil floating on water with your hand.

You should not ask if the seasteaders are protected against torpedos...more importantly would be are those that would torpedo a seastead protected from hundreds of underwater drones equipped with their own torpedos.

Tope559

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:17:52 PM

I think a country where the tax is use to develop and provide social amenities such as water, good road and health for the people taxation is not their. But a country where corruption dwell the taxation is their because the government will collect it and there are nothing to show for it.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 12:52:43 PM

Do you want to beat the US and State courts regarding many laws, including income taxes? Here's how.

1. Tell your governmental accuser that you believe that you haven't broken any law (when they accuse you).

2. If they maintain an arrest warrant or certain other paperwork against you, rather than cancelling their "stuff" they are doing against you, they are kidnapping you, or attempted kidnap.

3. Under "Section 241," kidnapping is criminal intent on the part of the government people. Criminal intent in this way is something that has no statute of limitations.

4. File a complaint/claim against them, requesting the death penalty for the government agent/official. Take your time, because you have the documentation proving the things that they did or attempted to do to you... and there is no statute of limitations.

There is simple law to back this all up. It's something that is newly put together, even though the parts have been there for many years... as far back as the mid 1800s. Listen to https://www.talkshoe.com/episode/6074645.

Cool

saffira

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:54:28 PM

Tax is our obligation in our government. But, for me it depends on how they use it. It just happen to be a theft when corruption happens. If collecting tax has a good purpose concerning the needs of the society, then there is no problem. I still believe that it is a must.
bitmedia

Activity: 291

BitMedia.IO

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 01:52:32 PM

No - if they solve social problems.
Yes - if they solve anything...

BitMedia IO - Serving Bitcoin Ads of the highest quality to more than 1500 advertisers!
Pay with BTC, ETH or USD, choose the most sensitive targeting settings and increase your ROI!
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 06:04:14 PM

Very few governments have taxed on everything in a precise manner with a clear vision of helping the country's citizen with the earning got through taxes. When governments doesn't tax in the right way it truly affect the common people and the citizens themselves intend to get out of taxation.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 09:03:35 PM

As long as there's income tax I'm going to keep saying that it's theft. Income tax is incredibly unjust and should be abolished. VAT is probably the most just out of the taxes that you can pay (if you can call a tax just at all) because it takes advantage of the economy and incentivises it to grow. The more people earn the more they spend every day and the more money ends up back in the governments pocket. If the government provides aid to businesses and makes sure it's easy for people to make money under its wing, they will reward it.
As for spending, this should be localized as much as possible so that your taxes are spend directly on the things around you. This makes people see and feel the positive effects of taxation. If taxes are being pocketed by fat pigs in the capital it's all for nothing.
In short, taxation should be minimal and just. Politicians should get minimum wages. Being a civil servant is a privilege, not an entitlement.   

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: