Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:20:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 228 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NemosMiner] multi algo profit switching NVIDIA/CPU miner  (Read 289388 times)
Fromage

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 07:36:35 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 08:17:58 AM by Fromage

Well, disabling Alexis didn't solve it for me. Rig crashed half a dozen times last night. The switching definitely does something my rig doesn't like... Sad

I've got 4Gigs of ram (do I need more?), set page file to 32 min - 64 max, gpus at 85% tdp, core offset +100... I'm out of ideas!

8g ram min for 5 card machine

also increase mem

http://1stminingrig.com/best-windows-setup-configuration-tweaks-for-mining/

That's all i did and my rig is missmatched.

Make sure control panel... you are set to performance and also in windows set to performance

Zpool,Multipoolhub,Hashrefinery, ahashpool, and zergpool... SniffDog will sniff you out profits! https://github.com/Sniffdog/Sniffdogminer/releases..... Hashsynminer (multi address (upto 8 different addresses)...multi mining rig splitter(upto 8 cards)).. https://github.com/Sniffdog/Hashsynminer/releases
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:55:21 AM

Setting the interval to 3000 today.
kopija

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:07:45 AM

The "-interval" question is a tricky one.
It depends on your hashrate AND the current coin prices.
If you are doing switching on a single GPU, then there is a definitive answer, you need to increase the interval to at least 300.
The market fluctuations are the tricky part. When the coin prices are stable, the higher interval may be beneficial since you will be switching less and hashing more.
Currently there is much volatility in coin prices, so lower interval may be more beneficial, as it will "catch" sudden spikes in coins but at a price of lower hash due to more switches.
See here for the latest findings by Storx
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg20294631#msg20294631

So, no definitive answer regarding intervals, since the volatility is the name of the game, IMHO.

Regarding the post above claiming that 8GB of RAM is needed for 5+ rigs.
I have three such rigs all running without problems with 4GB.

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
RDMPlaysGames

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:57:12 AM

I don't think it's power related... I've got mobo and 2 cards on a 750W Gold and the other 3 on a 1000W Gold. I've looked at the logs, Alexis is the miner that crashes in 90% of cases. Tribus crashed twice too. Disabling them altogether and testing now again for 24 hours.

On a sidenote, the Spmod miner uses powershell... But that closes straight away for some reason and doesn't work at all. Very weird.

I choose 4 algos

skein
neoscrypt
nist5
lyra2RE2

Then I took nemominer .... and made it so it mines at hashrefinery and at zpool.

https://mega.nz/#F!RPxCFBhB!ihNABH6KCFtebjOgdX1p3g if yah wanna try it out. Just change the btc address.

don't forget to mention you also need to change the name in start.bat from "NemosMiner-v2.0.6.ps1" to Ultimate_final.ps1

edit: also testing this now seeing how well it runs
Let me know how that works out for you!

It has access to only a few coins from what I can see...so it kind of defeats the point of a heavy multi algo miner. If it had more algo's id be all over it though.

I just dont have the knowledge in how to integrate 2.0.7 into it(since it seems to be running 2.0.6) or how to put all the miners 2.0.7 has into it, so I am going to give it a pass, although its a good base for someone who knows more than I do to fix.
Fromage

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 09:02:10 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 09:14:35 AM by Fromage

I don't think it's power related... I've got mobo and 2 cards on a 750W Gold and the other 3 on a 1000W Gold. I've looked at the logs, Alexis is the miner that crashes in 90% of cases. Tribus crashed twice too. Disabling them altogether and testing now again for 24 hours.

On a sidenote, the Spmod miner uses powershell... But that closes straight away for some reason and doesn't work at all. Very weird.

I choose 4 algos

skein
neoscrypt
nist5
lyra2RE2

Then I took nemominer .... and made it so it mines at hashrefinery and at zpool.

https://mega.nz/#F!RPxCFBhB!ihNABH6KCFtebjOgdX1p3g if yah wanna try it out. Just change the btc address.

don't forget to mention you also need to change the name in start.bat from "NemosMiner-v2.0.6.ps1" to Ultimate_final.ps1

It has access to only a few coins from what I can see...so it kind of defeats the point of a heavy multi algo miner. If it had more algo's id be all over it though.

I just dont have the knowledge in how to integrate 2.0.7 into it(since it seems to be running 2.0.6) or how to put all the miners 2.0.7 has into it, so I am going to give it a pass, although its a good base for someone who knows more than I do to fix.

oh... I didnt try it with more algos in the bat files... Your more than welcome to try it  Smiley

you just put this file in the Pools folder of 2.0.7

https://mega.nz/#!kbJ1iA6R!jp6L4cRELM1hW35uD2Q9SewMAIjiZSTI_zdBDi9Rrpw

tired and heading to bed....make sure you add to bat file beside -Poolname zpool,hash

Zpool,Multipoolhub,Hashrefinery, ahashpool, and zergpool... SniffDog will sniff you out profits! https://github.com/Sniffdog/Sniffdogminer/releases..... Hashsynminer (multi address (upto 8 different addresses)...multi mining rig splitter(upto 8 cards)).. https://github.com/Sniffdog/Hashsynminer/releases
RDMPlaysGames

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:48:18 PM

I choose 4 algos

skein
neoscrypt
nist5
lyra2RE2

oh... I didnt try it with more algos in the bat files... Your more than welcome to try it  Smiley

you just put this file in the Pools folder of 2.0.7

https://mega.nz/#!kbJ1iA6R!jp6L4cRELM1hW35uD2Q9SewMAIjiZSTI_zdBDi9Rrpw

tired and heading to bed....make sure you add to bat file beside -Poolname zpool,hash

I will definitely do that, thanks!
jmayniac

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:09:05 PM

This is a comparison between Nicehash and this Nemosminer/Zpool.

I've been following this thread for a while now and finally decided to try out this miner script.  I currently use Nicehash and have seen profits dip, like everyone else, so I decided to try out some alternate scripts.

I ran Nicehash on a single 1060 6GB for 12 hours, then alternated to Nemosminer for another 12 hours.  This would run Nicehash for 12 hours, then Nemosminer for 12, Nicehash for 12 hours and then Nemosminer again for 12.

Setup:
Nicehash 1.8.0.1 - All algorithms enabled, but Nicehash always chose to mine using Claymore's dual-miner
Nemosminer 2.0.7 - All algorithms enabled, interval set to 3000

What I saw was that Nicehash would give me $0.10 or 0.0363 mBTC an hour consistently.  Nemosminer/Zpool would give me $0.05 or 0.0161 mBTC an hour.

So, it would seem that Nicehash, even though it has a higher fee and the Claymore dev fee, I still make almost double with this one 1060 card.

NOTE: I did try other intervals for Nemosminer, such as 300, 600, 900 and 6000, but they all gave the same mBTC rate, no change.

NOTE2: The mBTC rate prediction that Nicehash displays turned out to be pretty close, but Nemosminer shows double what I actually made.  I wouldn't trust that.

NOTE3: For Nemosminer/Zpool, I used the total unpaid balance, including inmature funds that I hadn't received yet, so I didn't calculate just on what had cleared.  If I calculated on just cleared and mature funds, then the outcome would have been much lower for Nemosminer/Zpool.
Fromage

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 03:18:36 PM

Tried other algos in with hash/zpool nemo multi miner and it all works fine.

If the algo is on zpool and not hashrefinery.... it just mines at zpool.

Such an awesome program! Easy to configure now.

FYI: Just because hashrefinery has not much hash..... your share percentages is a lot higher PLUS you can catch the spikes there too!  Cool

Caught 4 hours of sleep but was important to see my results and program is running stable

Note: I had an issue with ccminersp opening up so what I did was edit ccminersp in miners folder and placed Ccminer in where Wrapper was... then benchmarked it. The screen popped out and started working. I placed Wrapper back into the file and now all works awesome!

BitBustah

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:14:51 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 06:34:44 PM by BitBustah

I've been following this thread for a while now and finally decided to try out this miner script.  I currently use Nicehash and have seen profits dip, like everyone else, so I decided to try out some alternate scripts.

I ran Nicehash on a single 1060 6GB for 12 hours, then alternated to Nemosminer for another 12 hours.  This would run Nicehash for 12 hours, then Nemosminer for 12, Nicehash for 12 hours and then Nemosminer again for 12.

Setup:
Nicehash 1.8.0.1 - All algorithms enabled, but Nicehash always chose to mine using Claymore's dual-miner

What I saw was that Nicehash would give me $0.10 or 0.0363 mBTC an hour consistently.  Nemosminer/Zpool would give me $0.05 or 0.0161 mBTC an hour.

So, it would seem that Nicehash, even though it has a higher fee and the Claymore dev fee, I still make almost double with this one 1060 card.

NOTE: I did try other intervals for Nemosminer, such as 300, 600, 900 and 6000, but they all gave the same mBTC rate, no change.

NOTE2: The mBTC rate prediction that Nicehash displays turned out to be pretty close, but Nemosminer shows double what I actually made.  I wouldn't trust that.

NOTE3: For Nemosminer/Zpool, I used the total unpaid balance, including inmature funds that I hadn't received yet, so I didn't calculate just on what had cleared.  If I calculated on just cleared and mature funds, then the outcome would have been much lower for Nemosminer/Zpool.

I am really happy that you posted this post since I was going to post thesame thing. The last 4 days I earned an average of 2,4 eur/day with Nemo/zpool. I too have tried different intervals. Nothing seems to work.

With NiceHash I was making at least 3 eur/day.
BitBustah

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:34:20 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 07:01:44 PM by BitBustah

I choose 4 algos

skein
neoscrypt
nist5
lyra2RE2

Merci for sharing Fromage. Going to give this a try.
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:04:09 PM

Setup:

You cannot compare the results on the same rig at different time periods. You need to test this at the same time on different rigs. I have personally tested running Nicehash and Zpool on Completely different rigs with same brand and type of cards, both had 4 x gigabyte 1080ti's running same settings. after running this for nearly a week my zpool rig averaged about 10% more in daily earnings on MOST days... some days it was very close.. but on MOST days it made more. The reason you see consistent profits on nicehash vs zpool with nemo is because nicehash you are providing hashing power to them for a specific algo when needed, the mined coins are not pending transfers on an exchange every so many minutes like they do on zpool, nicehash is RESELLING your mined coins to someone who buys hashing power from them to try and make some coin off the rental game... so literally all nicehash does is transfers the coins you just mined into someone elses alt coin wallet, then you get payed in return in BTC which the renter paid to rent your hashpower, there is no delays like zpool has with the exchanging of coins. The reason nicehash has higher pool fees compared to others, is because they keep a buffer in alt coins in their account, so the transfer of coins is instantly to clients, but throughout the day this causes slight losses and gains in coins they have to maintain in their buffer stash, so they charge higher pool fees to maintain this buffer, from my understanding is zpool sells off all mined coins everytime an exchange process occurs on his servers, so he has no buffer to maintain, so there is a delay in payouts as his exchange server processes the alt coin transactions. If he was to maintain a buffer, his fees would go up to the rate of nicehash and you would then have consistant earnings...

The benefit of zpool is he is CONSTANTLY adding new coins and algo's, nicehash only adds when their is enough demand from renters to rent your hashing power... so when a new coin comes on zpool the profits can be nearly 2x of nicehash for a short period tell that coins prices stabilizes...

Nicehash is probably best to mine when the market is slow, but zpool is better when there is a lot of volatility in coins

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
BitBustah

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:16:00 PM

I understand what you are saying and I assume that you are right.

That still doesn't change the fact that I earned 1,8 euros less in 3 days. If everything would stay thesame, that would be 18 euros in 30 days.

So when should we use zpool (with Nemos or not) over NiceHash? Only when new coins are added?

Fromage

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 07:20:46 PM

I choose 4 algos

skein
neoscrypt
nist5
lyra2RE2

Merci for sharing Fromage. Going to give this a try.

Hopefully work for yah I'm running 3 1080ti,1 1080, and 1 1070 in one rig without a hiccup

Note: I didn't update to ccminer 2.1 but if you are running the lastest nemominer.... just take the powershell file from pools called hash.ps1 and place it into latest miner then add to this part of your start.bat file  -Poolname zpool,hash

Maybe Nemo can add this on his next update?

universalresonance

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:22:37 PM

Can someone please explain how to fix the ccminer issue?

I'm using windows 10 and 1 gpu 1080ti

I get an error in the side bar (multiple errors) "an application was blocked from accessing gpu ccminer.exe"

I think the error overloads the computer one way or other and it reboots. I don't see it until next morning when I wake up.

I'd appreciate if someone could help.

TIA
jmayniac

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:31:22 PM

You cannot compare the results on the same rig at different time periods. You need to test this at the same time on different rigs. I have personally tested running Nicehash and Zpool on Completely different rigs with same brand and type of cards, both had 4 x gigabyte 1080ti's running same settings. after running this for nearly a week my zpool rig averaged about 10% more in daily earnings on MOST days... some days it was very close.. but on MOST days it made more. The reason you see consistent profits on nicehash vs zpool with nemo is because nicehash you are providing hashing power to them for a specific algo when needed, the mined coins are not pending transfers on an exchange every so many minutes like they do on zpool, nicehash is RESELLING your mined coins to someone who buys hashing power from them to try and make some coin off the rental game... so literally all nicehash does is transfers the coins you just mined into someone elses alt coin wallet, then you get payed in return in BTC which the renter paid to rent your hashpower, there is no delays like zpool has with the exchanging of coins. The reason nicehash has higher pool fees compared to others, is because they keep a buffer in alt coins in their account, so the transfer of coins is instantly to clients, but throughout the day this causes slight losses and gains in coins they have to maintain in their buffer stash, so they charge higher pool fees to maintain this buffer, from my understanding is zpool sells off all mined coins everytime an exchange process occurs on his servers, so he has no buffer to maintain, so there is a delay in payouts as his exchange server processes the alt coin transactions. If he was to maintain a buffer, his fees would go up to the rate of nicehash and you would then have consistant earnings...

The benefit of zpool is he is CONSTANTLY adding new coins and algo's, nicehash only adds when their is enough demand from renters to rent your hashing power... so when a new coin comes on zpool the profits can be nearly 2x of nicehash for a short period tell that coins prices stabilizes...

Nicehash is probably best to mine when the market is slow, but zpool is better when there is a lot of volatility in coins

Yes, you are correct in that there would be *some* discrepancy in the mBTC gained based on time/days/weeks/months.  This is part of the reason I was alternating between Nicehash and Nemosminer.  I've done short alternating tests and longer ones with similar results.  I've done straight tests and that is where I see greater variability based on how the market is that day.  I don't have identical rigs and am pretty small time, but Nicehash seems to work best for me with an average of 25% greater profits.
Fromage

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 07:58:13 PM

I get an error in the side bar (multiple errors) "an application was blocked from accessing gpu ccminer.exe"

I think the error overloads the computer one way or other and it reboots. I don't see it until next morning when I wake up.

TIA

allow access to file with firewall and anti/malaware might fix up what is blocking it

BitBustah

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:59:05 PM

TIA

allow access to file with firewall and anti/malaware might fix up what is blocking it

Fromage, I'm trying to use Nemos with HashRefinery but the ccminer seems to be hanging (nist5 and skein). Any idea what's wrong? Thanks!
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:05:54 PM

nicehash is RESELLING your mined coins to someone who buys hashing power from them to try and make some coin off the rental game

so literally all nicehash does is transfers the coins you just mined into someone elses alt coin wallet, then you get payed in return in BTC which the renter paid to rent your hashpower, there is no delays like zpool has with the exchanging of coins. The reason nicehash has higher pool fees compared to others, is because they keep a buffer in alt coins in their account

You don't mine any specific coin when you sell your hash to nicehash, nicehash only takes fees and forwards that hash to the highest bidder. Winning bidder decides where he/she wants to point that hash. That is the point when that sold hash starts actually mining something.

So seller only sells, nicehash forwards and buyer mines. Now when you count 1+1 you will understand why it is better to mine that coin yourself. Only in some special cases buyers pay more than "market price", they are not that stupid any more.

Fromage

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 08:07:10 PM

TIA

Fromage, I'm trying to use Nemos with HashRefinery but the ccminer seems to be hanging (nist5 and skein). Any idea what's wrong? Thanks!

Did you open up mem?

skein is memory intense

were you running nemo before? New one?

BitBustah

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:13:48 PM

TIA

Did you open up mem?

skein is memory intense

were you running nemo before? New one?

Yes mem is ok, and yes I ran Nemo before. Without probs.

Edited to add: Benchmarking works perfectly. Seems like it just stopped working.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 228 »
  Print  

Jump to: