May 11, 2024, 02:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 [8076] 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 8095 8096 8097 8098 8099 8100 8101 8102 8103 8104 8105 8106 8107 8108 8109 8110 8111 8112 8113 8114 8115 8116 8117 8118 8119 8120 8121 8122 8123 8124 8125 8126 ... 33341 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381776 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Sandia

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:00:46 PM

I don't know anyone who owns a single satoshi anymore.  All 5 of my friends have sold and won't be back when they saw they were down $60-120/coin, somewhere around $50k in investors.  The 2 guys who used to talk to me about btc think I am trying to scam them.  My neighbor used btc to get a discount on a new laptop; he bought them literally at the last possible second so that they price would not drop during the time that they were in his address.

There are 3 main classes of btc owners, IMO:
- the majority with less than 5 coins
- the middle with 5-300 coins
- the bigger guys

These drops are not about btc value.  They are not about price discovery.  It has nothing to do with TA.  It is just the big guys taking money from the smaller guys.  I have spent 7 months staring at the charts and watching buy/sells scroll buy.  Every drop is started by 200, 250, 300, 350 coins market sells, followed by more large sells, then the rest with 1-10 coins trying frantically not to lose money (which of course the always do).  The big guys have their buy orders a few percent off the top, buy back in.  Rinse and repeat day after day, as the price drops day after day, so the big guys can make their easy profits.  And then defend the 7k dump on Bitfinex as natural market movement.  And defend the big dump on BTC-e a few days later as a natural market movement.  And complain that people refuse to buy the price up for your next dump.

We are not in a bear market.  We are in a market where the big guys make more money on dumps than price increases.  And dumps are SO much easier.

The smug big guys in this thread like to say we are in accumulation phase.  No, we aren't.  We are in the "take the newbies' money" stage.  They are also the guys who encourage trading, instead of holding.  See, they don't make money from you when you only hold your coins, they need you on an exchange.  Goldman, etc., are replaced by anyone who holds 1 or 2k coins and can initiate dumps or walls.

Some of the big guys here are talking about $300 coins.  Good luck with that, I hope you achieve it.  Everyone except you will have sold and left btc.  Everyone else will have lost half their money and left the technology for good.  You will likely get $50, $25, $10, $1 coins, too.  A Pyrrhic victory.

This short term thinking drives the price down, hinders new adoption, and drives out anyone who has adopted recently.  Remember that when you see the charts that say btc adoption has stagnated: why would the average person hold coins that have dropped over 20% in the last 2 months and 60% in 9 months, for exactly no reason?  Why would a newbie even CONSIDER buying btc when he is guaranteed to lose money?

I am thinking about dropping out of trading myself.  I will keep a percentage of my coins in a cold wallet, sell the rest.  This crap happening in the market is unbearable.  I would rather deal with wallet street than bitcoin markets.

And no, I haven't lost coins trading.  That is only because my trades rarely last over an hour.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:07:07 PM

I don't know anyone who owns a single satoshi anymore.  All 5 of my friends have sold and won't be back when they saw they were down $60-120/coin, somewhere around $50k in investors.  The 2 guys who used to talk to me about btc think I am trying to scam them.  My neighbor used btc to get a discount on a new laptop; he bought them literally at the last possible second so that they price would not drop during the time that they were in his address.

- the bigger guys

These drops are not about btc value.  They are not about price discovery.  It has nothing to do with TA.  It is just the big guys taking money from the smaller guys.  I have spent 7 months staring at the charts and watching buy/sells scroll buy.  Every drop is started by 200, 250, 300, 350 coins market sells, followed by more large sells, then the rest with 1-10 coins trying frantically not to lose money (which of course the always do).  The big guys have their buy orders a few percent off the top, buy back in.  Rinse and repeat day after day, as the price drops day after day, so the big guys can make their easy profits.  And then defend the 7k dump on Bitfinex as natural market movement.  And defend the big dump on BTC-e a few days later as a natural market movement.  And complain that people refuse to buy the price up for your next dump.

We are not in a bear market.  We are in a market where the big guys make more money on dumps than price increases.  And dumps are SO much easier.

The smug big guys in this thread like to say we are in accumulation phase.  No, we aren't.  We are in the "take the newbies' money" stage.  They are also the guys who encourage trading, instead of holding.  See, they don't make money from you when you only hold your coins, they need you on an exchange.  Goldman, etc., are replaced by anyone who holds 1 or 2k coins and can initiate dumps or walls.

Some of the big guys here are talking about $300 coins.  Good luck with that, I hope you achieve it.  Everyone except you will have sold and left btc.  Everyone else will have lost half their money and left the technology for good.  You will likely get $50, $25, $10, $1 coins, too.  A Pyrrhic victory.

This short term thinking drives the price down, hinders new adoption, and drives out anyone who has adopted recently.  Remember that when you see the charts that say btc adoption has stagnated: why would the average person hold coins that have dropped over 20% in the last 2 months and 60% in 9 months, for exactly no reason?  Why would a newbie even CONSIDER buying btc when he is guaranteed to lose money?

I am thinking about dropping out of trading myself.  I will keep a percentage of my coins in a cold wallet, sell the rest.  This crap happening in the market is unbearable.  I would rather deal with wallet street than bitcoin markets.

And no, I haven't lost coins trading.  That is only because my trades rarely last over an hour.

I feel your frustration, but the greed of a few people should not hinder what the potential of this technology has to offer us all in the long term.
It is very frustrating to see a handful of people continually shit on BTC for a fiat based profit only to re-buy their same coins at a cheaper price and enjoy the ride up. We understand they are looking to make money but pick your spot man, the continued abuse of this manipulation in the infancy stages of BTC will just slow everything down and give the very people we battle to over come time we really don't have to waste.

Sandia is not alone in her frustration.  Undecided
But I wont ever give up on a solution or keep trying
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:14:48 PM

Solar panels are devices with ROI - after a certain time you will have profit, though we are talking about years.

I suppose if you sell electricity at the couture prices to PETA/SCRYPT bagholders you would.  Otherwise, not so much.
That's why real power companies don't run solar cells unless they're subsidized Smiley

Yeah, but i was talking about private usage.
The free generating of electricity will save you money which you would have to pay for the same else.

Why energy companies dont use it is indeed like you say. Other forms of energy are just cheaper but are also extremly more harmful to the enviroment

Meh.  Manufacture of solar panels creates plenty of pollution (here's a start), panels have a limited lifespan, require upkeep/maintenance, and, while "going solar" requires piggybacking onto conventional commercial power grid (or polluting moar by having to buy huge banks of toxic batteries), conventional power grids can do just fine without solar.
Greenwashing is so early '00.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:16:48 PM

I don't know anyone who owns a single satoshi anymore.  All 5 of my friends have sold and won't be back when they saw they were down $60-120/coin, somewhere around $50k in
<snip>...

I see you actually talk a lot about "money".
I guess you are in bitcoin for the "money"
Can you describe money? What is your feeling about money? What does it represent?

I think a lot of people who are in bitcoin for the "money" are going to learn a very important lesson soon.
Bitcoin is not about "the" money, no bitcoin "is" money.

What are you going to do with all your fiat "money" once you sold all your bitcoin when they are worth thousands?

Sometimes I really feel like the world is up side down, guess it has something to do with freedom = slavery, war = peace, and so on.
esse83

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:17:03 PM

If this doesn't convince you, I really don't know what will...

You can't reduce the function and meaning to whatever is representing just that. Handshake is just two hands connecting in a certain way, but we add meaning to it do we not? What if I reduced that to nerves, muscles, fat, movement, etc and told you thats all there is to it! It's pointless! It carries no meaning at all. Let's take a statue, just a rock with a certain form, but still just rock! Meaningless!

Obviously you would disagree and explain to me that there is more to it than that! See your folly? Now stop with the nonsense.

Hell I could add bitcoin to that nonsense, meaningless ones and zeroes, its just electrons!

Social properties have an irreducible character.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:20:34 PM

- the bigger guys

Don't be stupid and just hold. This is a necessary test anyway as people who sell now would have lost the wealth at some point anyway. A fool and his money are soon parted Wink (Btw I don't trade. At all)
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:22:37 PM

You can't reduce the function and meaning to whatever is representing just that. Handshake is just two hands connecting in a certain way, but we add meaning to it do we not? What if I reduced that to nerves, muscles, fat, movement, etc and told you thats all there is to it! It's pointless! It carries no meaning at all. Let's take a statue, just a rock with a certain form, but still just rock! Meaningless!

Obviously you would disagree and explain to me that there is more to it than that! See your folly? Now stop with the nonsense.

Hell I could add bitcoin to that nonsense, its just ones and zeroes! Meaningless electrons!

That's the essence of human biodiversity. One can give whatever meaning he likes to a gesture and there's absolutely no problem what the other one thought what that gesture was. Same with signs, books, even money! It's all a matter of perspective. Keep your fiat. I'll stick with my BTCs. We'll meet at the end of the hall. I assure you we will leave with the same profit when the game ends. Smiley
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:24:04 PM

Of course it can be explained - I just posted a link on the previous page go look at The Hidden secrets of money and research it for yourself.. Do not let someone's zealous libertarian outlook on a frustrating problem bring a negative knee jerk reaction.

You will miss the point
esse83

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:28:53 PM

That's the essence of human biodiversity. One can give whatever meaning he likes to a gesture and there's absolutely no problem what the other one thought what that gesture was. Same with signs, books, even money! It's all a matter of perspective. Keep your fiat. I'll stick with my BTCs. We'll meet at the end of the hall. I assure you we will leave with the same profit when the game ends. Smiley

So you agree with me Smiley Ok, happy that you changed your mind. You can't reduce money to just paper (or whatever is representing it).
Schickeria

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:33:55 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 10:10:09 PM by Schickeria

Of course it is a bear market. If you are supposing that some wealthy entities are enforcing intentionally the bear market - yes, very likely. But they can only do this as the demand is not strong enough. One other wealthy entity saying "Okay, fine. This price is more then a fair value, I will buy all coins offered for this price" bear market is done instantly. Why it did not happen yet? Are all big players (early adopters, institutional buyers, hedge fonds, VCs etc.) are forming a conspiracy? All of them?

I would rather deal with wallet street than bitcoin markets.

Bitcoin is a hardcore market. Let the bear market, or in your term "manipulation market" do what it wants to do. You can sell, you can buy, you can hold, you can trade but one thing you better should prevent - to get effected by it.
macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:35:46 PM

So you agree with me Smiley Ok, happy that you changed your mind. You can't reduce money to just paper (or whatever is representing it).

But of course I agree with you. That's because you're smarter than most of us here and you're choosing fiat over BTCs. What else could I do?  Wink
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:38:01 PM

- the bigger guys

Um, no. If the big guys (aka whales) would sell a lot we would see much better BTC liquidity and much lower prices. Most whales can afford to wait for the second half of 2016, when they'll dump big.
esse83

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:39:17 PM

But of course I agree with you. That's because you're smarter than most of us here and you're choosing fiat over BTCs. What else could I do?  Wink

Nice sarcastic rebuttal about something completely different. Folly yet again. Stick to the topic young silly one.
fairlay

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 09:40:15 PM

actually the odds changed back to a "normal" level regarding $500 at Oct. 1st. 50/50 if above or below is pretty much what you would expect at the current price level.

https://www.fairlay.com/predict/registered/new/bitcoin-price-500-on-oct-1st/
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:41:10 PM

Of course it is a bear market. If you are supposing that some wealthy entities are enforcing intentionally the bear market. Yes, very likely. But they can only do this as the demand is not strong enough. One other wealthy entity saying "Okay, fine. This price is more then a fair value, I will buy all coins offered for this price" bear market is done instantly. Why it did not happen yet? Are all big players (early adopters, institutional buyers, hedge funds, VCs etc.) are forming a conspiracy? All of them?

I would rather deal with wallet street than bitcoin markets.

Bitcoin is a hardcore market. Let the bear market, or in your term "manipulation market" do what it wants to do. You can sell, you can buy, you can hold, but one thing you better should prevent - to get effected by it.

you are so right.
Many people here are invested into bitcoins and always try to find excuses and wild theories why the BTCUSD exchange rate should be higher.
Let's not forget that the only reason people trade is to make profit. And right now this is not on the LONG side. It's that simple.
At least the short and mid term trends are fully DOWN and it's a bear market until it breaks the resistances we monitor.
macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:42:25 PM

Nice sarcastic rebuttal about something completely different. Folly yet again. Stick to the topic young silly one.

The topic flipped from fiat to BTCs or vice versa to who's the smartest of us two. You won. Folly because I admitted my ignorance and bowed in front of your superior intelligence? Don't forget, you just typed it! I'm just a silly one (not so young though). Smiley
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:51:26 PM

Um, no. If the big guys (aka whales) would sell a lot we would see much better BTC liquidity and much lower prices. Most whales can afford to wait for the second half of 2016, when they'll dump big.

... yeah dump right before the next block halving ... sounds just like a nasty whale plan huh?

Not before, the next block halving is going to happen during the second half of 2016 and if the stage of the market at that time will be a slow bull market
(which is possible) it will only take another 2 - 3 months to reach mania stage, possibly up to 10k$, before the end of 2016.
But of course whales won't want suckers to believe that they'll be bagholders at 10k$, they'll want suckers to believe the price will soon reach 100k$.
esse83

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:52:36 PM

Many people here are invested into bitcoins and always try to find excuses and wild theories why the BTCUSD exchange rate should be higher.
Let's not forget that the only reason people trade is to make profit. And right now this is not on the LONG side. It's that simple.
At least the short and mid term trends are fully DOWN and it's a bear market until it breaks the resistances we monitor.
Thank god for a voice of reason in here. So rare. Always wondered why hodlers hang out in speculation.. makes no sense. What do they care, they will never participate in price discovery.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:59:18 PM

Explanation
CoinRocka

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:01:01 PM

... yeah dump right before the next block halving ... sounds just like a nasty whale plan huh?

Not before, the next block halving is going to happen during the second half of 2016 and if the stage of the market at that time will be a slow bull market
(which is possible) it will only take another 2 - 3 months to reach mania stage, possibly up to 10k$, before the end of 2016.
But of course whales won't want suckers to believe that they'll be bagholders at 10k$, they'll want suckers to believe the price will soon reach 100k$.

people registered in 2013 are just so dumb, RIPPLE IS THE FUTURE

Ripple is what is left in the toilet after the shit drops    Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 [8076] 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 8095 8096 8097 8098 8099 8100 8101 8102 8103 8104 8105 8106 8107 8108 8109 8110 8111 8112 8113 8114 8115 8116 8117 8118 8119 8120 8121 8122 8123 8124 8125 8126 ... 33341 »
  Print  

Jump to: