June 20, 2024, 10:34:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 [8080] 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 8095 8096 8097 8098 8099 8100 8101 8102 8103 8104 8105 8106 8107 8108 8109 8110 8111 8112 8113 8114 8115 8116 8117 8118 8119 8120 8121 8122 8123 8124 8125 8126 8127 8128 8129 8130 ... 33465 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403937 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:59:19 AM

Explanation
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:44:36 AM

Something to note, we just passed the halfway point between the previous block halving (210,000) and the upcoming one (block 420,000), that was at block 315,000 ...

... the psychology of the market is from now on we are closer to the point of 1800 btc/day than 7200 btc/day inflation rates. If the market is adept at smoothing those lumpy step changes in issuance by pricing in demand/supply imbalances over long periods ...
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:58:08 AM

Magic Beans for sale!!!!! $10,000 a pop!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:59:18 AM

Explanation
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:17:22 AM

I remain optimistic.
Newbie1022

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:28:40 AM

I think that the world is coming to an end and that this is going to test new lows. Resultantly, I know that the worst of it is over and it is now safe to buy. Whatever I think, do the opposite.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:34:26 AM

I want 420 and I'm going to keep on raging about it till we get there  
Either that or a new All time High of course.

Oh and got my newegg stuff want a promo at 1K a Coin  Grin
Le Happy Merchant

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:40:36 AM

You couldn't stop me from being hopeful. I volunteered to be the last moving object in the universe, and was accepted.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:59:18 AM

Explanation
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:07:36 AM

You couldn't stop me from being hopeful. I volunteered to be the last moving object in the universe, and was accepted.

that is possible when your atoms (or what is left of you in atoms) are about when the heat death of ther universe happens ..they may well
be the last to vibrate! (good to have goals)

Searing
Sandia

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:12:39 AM

This. If nothing else there is truly a problem for the brand when exchanges malfunction, when markets are manipulated by margin hunters, and when the price is more or less set by a Junta of pot heavy insiders. The new money is, almost by definition, not of the hodler/true believer mentality. They can be converted, but it takes a while... again, they are new. So, if they lose a bit here and there while learning that is great. If they get whipsawed to death by market activity that is unexplained by TA or news... you lose them. We are skirting near the territory where you are facing the potential of a long-term setback for adoption and support.

I think we are losing adoption NOW.  User numbers don't seem to be rising at all, and the main complaint is losing money on their investment.  I literally know no one else who owns coins anymore.  This manufactured drop from $600 is killing the tech. (Tes, exchange rates matter, trolls.)

Note that game theory says the price will trend to zero.  As long as there are hundreds of people with enough coins to play the dump game, one of them will continue doing it to make their extra 20 or 30 coins per day.  If you gave me 3k btc today, I could guarantee I would have 6k in 90 days.  The game is too easy.  

Those posters who say that the only people who care about the price (exchange rate) are get rich quick dreamers are deluded.  If I could buy a laptop with 2 bitcoins 3 months ago, but now need to use 3 btc, there is a serious problem.  And as long as 99.9% of goods require USD to purchase, the exchange rate is important.

I left out one point before: look at how much concentrated effort it took to break through support at 500.  Thousands and thousands and thousands of coins dumped to break support and make the dump game possible again.  How many of the big guys had to help to break through?  I sincerely thought it was impossible to reach 490...forgetting that there are single individuals with 50k coins who could wipe out the entire order book.

Now, explain to me how it is possible to have another bubble.  It will be a race to see who can dump fastest and hardest to make the biggest percentage gain on a thin order book.  IIRC, to cut the price 40% in November only took a 1k dump; stops triggered, margins called, panic selling, huge profit with no risk.  They won't be able to control themselves when the opportunity arises next time .

I will say this with all honesty: I no longer believe btc has any chance of being a serious currency due to its users.  I have always been a short term agnostic and long term bull.  I am full bear now.  I doubt that we will ever see 700 again, and 300's will be here soon.  The big guys are warning everyone everyday that they want lower prices.  Believe them.
Le Happy Merchant

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:13:03 AM

that is possible when your atoms (or what is left of you in atoms) are about when the heat death of ther universe happens ..they may well
be the last to vibrate! (good to have goals)

Searing

I was put in solitary confinement for insanity, and the voices I heard made me promise to be the last moving thing in the universe so that my death would mark the beginning of the fourth dimensional universe.

Nobody will be left out of heaven. I promise.
Newbie1022

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:17:33 AM

This. If nothing else there is truly a problem for the brand when exchanges malfunction, when markets are manipulated by margin hunters, and when the price is more or less set by a Junta of pot heavy insiders. The new money is, almost by definition, not of the hodler/true believer mentality. They can be converted, but it takes a while... again, they are new. So, if they lose a bit here and there while learning that is great. If they get whipsawed to death by market activity that is unexplained by TA or news... you lose them. We are skirting near the territory where you are facing the potential of a long-term setback for adoption and support.

I think we are losing adoption NOW.  User numbers don't seem to be rising at all, and the main complaint is losing money on their investment.  I literally know no one else who owns coins anymore.  This manufactured drop from $600 is killing the tech. (Tes, exchange rates matter, trolls.)

Note that game theory says the price will trend to zero.  As long as there are hundreds of people with enough coins to play the dump game, one of them will continue doing it to make their extra 20 or 30 coins per day.  If you gave me 3k btc today, I could guarantee I would have 6k in 90 days.  The game is too easy.  

Those posters who say that the only people who care about the price (exchange rate) are get rich quick dreamers are deluded.  If I could buy a laptop with 2 bitcoins 3 months ago, but now need to use 3 btc, there is a serious problem.  And as long as 99.9% of goods require USD to purchase, the exchange rate is important.

I left out one point before: look at how much concentrated effort it took to break through support at 500.  Thousands and thousands and thousands of coins dumped to break support and make the dump game possible again.  How many of the big guys had to help to break through?  I sincerely thought it was impossible to reach 490...forgetting that there are single individuals with 50k coins who could wipe out the entire order book.

Now, explain to me how it is possible to have another bubble.  It will be a race to see who can dump fastest and hardest to make the biggest percentage gain on a thin order book.  IIRC, to cut the price 40% in November only took a 1k dump; stops triggered, margins called, panic selling, huge profit with no risk.  They won't be able to control themselves when the opportunity arises next time .

I will say this with all honesty: I no longer believe btc has any chance of being a serious currency due to its users.  I have always been a short term agnostic and long term bull.  I am full bear now.  I doubt that we will ever see 700 again, and 300's will be here soon.  The big guys are warning everyone everyday that they want lower prices.  Believe them.

I think everybody is just counting on Wall Street attempting to pump this puppy one more time, which they have the power to do, so they really might convince people that for some reason this time is different... and then wham!!! They'll take everyone who is still left over's lunch money. The question is whether this is the last pop before the lunch money gets stolen, not whether lunch money will be stolen.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:32:43 AM

Congratulations on being the most recent in a long line of thousands who have predicted the end of bitcoin. There have been many before you and there will be many after you. Thanks for being a part of it all.

There will always be "end of worlders" and there will always be "end of bitcoiners."
razorramon

BILIBIT.IO -1st Decentralized Token in Philippines

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:36:20 AM

the same for me...it's hard to really get out with some hope left...but i think it's just stupid to compare drops from 2013 with 2014...there is much more money from much more people involved...nervous people who don't want to lose their money to the idea of bitcoin and are willing to get out if it doesn't look promising anymore...
i was talking to a lot of people about bitcoin in the last months...and most of them were interested even if i sounded a bit nuts with my ideas of a new step in the world, "bigger than the internet",...even if some of them are looking at the prices these days they just throw away the idea of investing...it doesn't make any sense for an outsider to buy in right now...all they see is a price decline and big drops
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:39:51 AM

It is debatable whether a rise/fall in the number of speculators indicates a rise/fall in the level of adoption.
mooncake

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:42:41 AM

One step nearer to getting out of bear market. If only there are more posts like this.
razorramon

BILIBIT.IO -1st Decentralized Token in Philippines

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:49:19 AM

It is debatable whether a rise/fall in the number of speculators indicates a rise/fall in the level of adoption.

they take bitcoin to sell them immediately...doesn't look like real adoption to me...it's also very easy to stop adopting bitcoin...and if no one is using it they will stop it...
just look at the decline in fiat numbers...there will be no newbies if it goes down for much longer...no one buys digital money if it seems to be worthless in a few months...
one of the biggest arguments for a rise in newbies always was that bitcoin is deflationary...but this doesn't look very deflationary to me..600$ from a couple of weeks are only 475$ now...
the same situation in real life should turn people to use bitcoin...right now it makes more sense to buy argentinian pesos
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:59:18 AM

Explanation
barbs

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:00:00 AM

Been trapped in my space suit for months now.. Where is moon?
Pages: « 1 ... 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 [8080] 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 8095 8096 8097 8098 8099 8100 8101 8102 8103 8104 8105 8106 8107 8108 8109 8110 8111 8112 8113 8114 8115 8116 8117 8118 8119 8120 8121 8122 8123 8124 8125 8126 8127 8128 8129 8130 ... 33465 »
  Print  

Jump to: