April 28, 2024, 09:42:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 13072 13073 13074 13075 13076 13077 13078 13079 13080 13081 13082 13083 13084 13085 13086 13087 13088 13089 13090 13091 13092 13093 13094 13095 13096 13097 13098 13099 13100 13101 13102 13103 13104 13105 13106 13107 13108 13109 13110 13111 13112 13113 13114 13115 13116 13117 13118 13119 13120 13121 [13122] 13123 13124 13125 13126 13127 13128 13129 13130 13131 13132 13133 13134 13135 13136 13137 13138 13139 13140 13141 13142 13143 13144 13145 13146 13147 13148 13149 13150 13151 13152 13153 13154 13155 13156 13157 13158 13159 13160 13161 13162 13163 13164 13165 13166 13167 13168 13169 13170 13171 13172 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368809 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:06:40 PM

What's up with these bs rally and fades right back down to the beginning of the rally point? Pretty annoying. Plus XT talk has killed this thread as well.

Bad times we are living in

Nope, this is WO-thread the way it's supposed to be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:07:54 PM

What's up with these bs rally and fades right back down to the beginning of the rally point? Pretty annoying. Plus XT talk has killed this thread as well.

If you are a trader you should be well advised to keep track of the XT issue.

Anyone and their mother could tell we were going to see a dump after the PR propaganda that begun on Monday.

There is no point trading this absolutely manipulated market at this point anyway.

I can keep track of XT elsewhere. Wall observer thread is not the right place.  

Everybody and my mother were surprised with the dump. XT could have easily been seen as the savior and price could have skyrocketed.

Manipulation, manipulation, manipulation...don't you guys ever get sick of crying manipulation? It's the way markets work, big money moves the markets.

Cheesy

Maybe you need to keep track better.

About markets: I absolutely agree but there is an important difference, in Bitcoin big money breaks the market. We are in an accumulation phase and so you never know when a whale might get hungrier for more cheap coins. When they do there is nothing your TA & wall watching do to help.
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:14:08 PM

indeed, if you don't trust Mike and Gavin's XT code, but (for some unfathomable reason) you do trust Adam and Greg's Core, and Wladimir, Jorge, Pieter, Matt, Todd, Mark and all the others

You pathetic pathological lying POS

Great linguistics. That's why you and your soul mates are down voted everywhere.
Those warriors are always followed by a minority of the communitiy.
Norway

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:15:56 PM

Bitcoin allready has a fee structure to deal with spam, and the wallets are implementing dynamic fees as we speak. A higher capacity system will be a lot more expensive to spam. If you think 7 tps is enough for the future of bitcoin, why don't you just say so?

An increase of TPS is already being discussed by core-devs, and they are trying to find the optimal way to implement it.

With a very large percentage of BTC txs being dust, they have plenty of time to figure it out.

What we don't have the luxury to do, is to start rogue forks that create friction in the dev community. But then again, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

As for spam, fees and block sizes: Altcoin Monero has a dynamic sized block. Let's say that, dynamically, the size can enlarge significantly. When it was spam-attacked last year (hint: the bloat created by anonymous coins is multiple size that of bitcoin), do you think people were like "oh, it's ok we have big blocks and we are ok"? No. They had to quickly implement high fees to stop the attack as it would bloat it to unusable levels. It was the fees that stopped the attack, not the self-adapting increasing blocksize.

LTC also used a patch, in the past, to prevent some spam techniques that were used against it. BTC might need to integrate it too.
The core devs have discussed this topic for years. Hopefully, XT will push them to action. If not, we will just opt them out.
A higher capacity system will be a lot more expensive to spam. I can't help you, if you don't understand this.

We ?

Who is we?

Cause the more I look the more I can't find any significant support for XT from anyone that actually matters in the ecosystem. Just a bunch of reddit trolls, forum posters and general foot soldiers of the "Free Shit Army"

If there is so little significant support for XT, what are you afraid of?  Wink
natewelt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:18:44 PM

Anyone and their mother could tell we were going to see a dump after the PR propaganda that begun on Monday.

There is no point trading this absolutely manipulated market at this point anyway.

Everybody and my mother were surprised with the dump. XT could have easily been seen as the savior and price could have skyrocketed.

Manipulation, manipulation, manipulation...don't you guys ever get sick of crying manipulation? It's the way markets work, big money moves the markets.

Cheesy

About markets: I absolutely agree but there is an important difference, in Bitcoin big money breaks the market. We are in an accumulation phase and so you never know when a whale might get hungrier for more cheap coins. When they do there is nothing your TA & wall watching do to help.

Stop acting like you knew XT would crash BTC. Seriously, some good pr before the proposed change could have convinced the masses it was positive. It still might be positive, although XT nodes sit at 13% now and acceptance has slowed so we may not even get to 25% let alone 75%.

You don't really know if we are in an accumulation phase or not. A whale could just be dumping to get out bc they see no future for BTC and not bc they are trying to get people to dump so they can buy more.

I want and believe BTC can succeed and own coins for the record, but just saying...

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:23:51 PM

Bitcoin allready has a fee structure to deal with spam, and the wallets are implementing dynamic fees as we speak. A higher capacity system will be a lot more expensive to spam. If you think 7 tps is enough for the future of bitcoin, why don't you just say so?

An increase of TPS is already being discussed by core-devs, and they are trying to find the optimal way to implement it.

With a very large percentage of BTC txs being dust, they have plenty of time to figure it out.

What we don't have the luxury to do, is to start rogue forks that create friction in the dev community. But then again, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

As for spam, fees and block sizes: Altcoin Monero has a dynamic sized block. Let's say that, dynamically, the size can enlarge significantly. When it was spam-attacked last year (hint: the bloat created by anonymous coins is multiple size that of bitcoin), do you think people were like "oh, it's ok we have big blocks and we are ok"? No. They had to quickly implement high fees to stop the attack as it would bloat it to unusable levels. It was the fees that stopped the attack, not the self-adapting increasing blocksize.

LTC also used a patch, in the past, to prevent some spam techniques that were used against it. BTC might need to integrate it too.
The core devs have discussed this topic for years. Hopefully, XT will push them to action. If not, we will just opt them out.
A higher capacity system will be a lot more expensive to spam. I can't help you, if you don't understand this.

We ?

Who is we?

Cause the more I look the more I can't find any significant support for XT from anyone that actually matters in the ecosystem. Just a bunch of reddit trolls, forum posters and general foot soldiers of the "Free Shit Army"

here a poll to find out which side has more supporters in the speculation subforum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1157838.0
barbs

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:24:57 PM

At least Mark Karpeles is under arrest for buying a 48,000$ bed

what an ass

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f4595a04-471b-11e5-af2f-4d6e0e5eda22.html?siteedition=uk#axzz3jHqWcDY1

Japanese police investigating the disappearance of nearly $500m of bitcoins are poised to rearrest the French founder of the Mt Gox virtual currency exchange amid questions about the purchase of a $48,000 four-poster bed.
Before the exchange collapsed in 2014, sending shockwaves through the global bitcoin community, Mt Gox was the largest such trading platform in the world.

Mark Karpelès, who was initially accused of manipulating the Mt Gox computer system and inflating the size of his own company account, has been in police detention in Tokyo without formal charges since the beginning of August.
People close to the matter said police on Friday will issue a fresh warrant for Mr Karpelès’s arrest on the different charge of embezzlement — a change that grants investigators a further three weeks to interrogate their suspect.
The rearrest will extend a process known informally to police and prosecutors as shomusen — the “war of attrition” waged by investigators seeking a confession from their detainee. A lawyer for Mr Karpelès said that his client denied the original charges and has made no confession under questioning.
But after three weeks of interrogation, said those close to the matter, police believe they have enough evidence to accuse Mr Karpelès of embezzlement, alleging he misappropriated $2.6m of deposits from the trading accounts of Mt Gox customers. A substantial portion of that money is thought to have been used to buy software rights on behalf of the company.
However, Y6m, according to police allegations, was diverted to the purchase of a bed. Police suspect the bed was intended for the personal use of Mr Karpelès.
But a lawyer for Mr Karpelès said the deposits were used for investments in new businesses while the bed was purchased as interior decoration for his guesthouse, both of which were meant as marketing tools to promote the use of bitcoins.
The Y6m bed appears to have been part of an effort by Mt Gox to impress potential clients and glamorise the trading of the virtual currency.
“It’s too much of a stretch to call this embezzlement,” said Mr Karpelès’s lawyer.
“Despite the long detention period, the fact that investigative authorities could only come up with these reasons to make their case for embezzlement is evidence that Mark was not involved for personal reasons in the disappearance of massive cash and bitcoins,” he added.

The Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department declined to comment.
Behind Mr Karpelès’s arrest is a mystery that continues to elude the Japanese authorities and a host of independent investigators.
The collapse in 2014 laid bare a company where, say independent investigators, a range of baffling activities had occurred.
Foremost was the absence from the Mt Gox accounts of what was thought at the time to be 850,000 bitcoins — a disappearance that could theoretically represent the single biggest cyber theft yet committed. Mr Karpelès has not been accused of bitcoin theft.
Legal sources said the police use of embezzlement charges to extend Mr Karpelès’s detention was a sign he had failed to provide any significant information on the missing bitcoins and that, after a year, that side of the investigation was still yielding few results.

At least that piece of shit is rotting in jail right now.  with my 6 BTC somewhere in his wallet.

ass.
brg444

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:26:11 PM

We ?

Who is we?

Afraid?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm just trying to show you the light  Wink
Norway

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:30:38 PM

We ?

Who is we?

Afraid?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm just trying to show you the light  Wink

The light is built into the system. If a group of developers fail to deliver, WE replace them Wink
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:31:27 PM

Cheesy

how long do you think before they get tired of waiting ?? ... lol.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:32:55 PM

I'm not personally afraid of XT altcoin. What I am afraid of is the level of coordination of current attack. XT crap is just a small portion of it.
brg444

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:36:46 PM

We ?

Who is we?

If there is so little significant support for XT, what are you afraid of?  Wink

Afraid?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm just trying to show you the light  Wink

The light is built into the system. If a group of developers fail to deliver, WE replace them Wink

The "we" you're referring to is the crowd. The "we" you represent doesn't have a say in this issue  Wink
Norway

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:44:02 PM

We ?

Who is we?

Afraid?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The "we" you're referring to is the crowd. The "we" you represent doesn't have a say in this issue  Wink

The chinese mining pools are not happy with status quo and push for 8 mb limit. Will be exiting to see what they choose in january. At that time, I guess Wladimir has been pushed to come up with a core solution. (No, not the "wait for lightning"-solution, he he).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:51:34 PM

Good morning gentlemen! I went to bed last night with the price crashing to 223. Glad to wake up & see that we didn't go any lower. I was worried I'd wake up to sub 200. I've lost confidence, I didn't even know what to expect. Anybody have an opinion on what's going to happen next? Serious responses only please.

My dream last night was that the BTC price was crashing up to around $3,000, and i kept trying to sell a few BTC at a time, as the price was continuing to crash up, in order to lock in profits and to buy again when the price came back down...

however, my sell transactions kept failing to go through.
brg444

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:53:40 PM

We ?

Who is we?

Afraid?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The chinese mining pools are not happy with status quo and push for 8 mb limit. Will be exiting to see what they choose in january. At that time, I guess Wladimir has been pushed to come up with a core solution. (No, not the "wait for lightning"-solution, he he).

Solution will come in due time. Unlike what Gavinco would like you to believe there is no rush.

If there is consensus right now amongst relevant actors, it's that XT is not that solution.

See you weren't so wrong. The proper "we" will take action and the ones left in the dust will be Mike & Gavin.
Norway

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:57:50 PM

We ?

Who is we?

Afraid?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Solution will come in due time. Unlike what Gavinco would like you to believe there is no rush.

If there is consensus right now amongst relevant actors, it's that XT is not that solution.

See you weren't so wrong. The proper "we" will take action and the ones left in the dust will be Mike & Gavin.
Advice: Just think of XT as a security valve. If the core deadlock continues, the miners will opt out Wink
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:02:29 PM

Coin
Explanation

brg444

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:04:27 PM

Advice: Just think of XT as a security valve. If the core deadlock continues, the miners will opt out Wink

And leave Bitcoin in the hands of "benevolent" dictator Mike Hearn and his blacklists? Sure...  Roll Eyes
Norway

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:07:03 PM

And leave Bitcoin in the hands of "benevolent" dictator Mike Hearn and his blacklists? Sure...  Roll Eyes
There is nothing you can do anyway. It's not in your hands. I hope you are not disappointed  Wink
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 04:19:05 PM

... there is no reason why the core devs can't update the fork when the dust settles.
Pages: « 1 ... 13072 13073 13074 13075 13076 13077 13078 13079 13080 13081 13082 13083 13084 13085 13086 13087 13088 13089 13090 13091 13092 13093 13094 13095 13096 13097 13098 13099 13100 13101 13102 13103 13104 13105 13106 13107 13108 13109 13110 13111 13112 13113 13114 13115 13116 13117 13118 13119 13120 13121 [13122] 13123 13124 13125 13126 13127 13128 13129 13130 13131 13132 13133 13134 13135 13136 13137 13138 13139 13140 13141 13142 13143 13144 13145 13146 13147 13148 13149 13150 13151 13152 13153 13154 13155 13156 13157 13158 13159 13160 13161 13162 13163 13164 13165 13166 13167 13168 13169 13170 13171 13172 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: