May 02, 2024, 04:55:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 13197 13198 13199 13200 13201 13202 13203 13204 13205 13206 13207 13208 13209 13210 13211 13212 13213 13214 13215 13216 13217 13218 13219 13220 13221 13222 13223 13224 13225 13226 13227 13228 13229 13230 13231 13232 13233 13234 13235 13236 13237 13238 13239 13240 13241 13242 13243 13244 13245 13246 [13247] 13248 13249 13250 13251 13252 13253 13254 13255 13256 13257 13258 13259 13260 13261 13262 13263 13264 13265 13266 13267 13268 13269 13270 13271 13272 13273 13274 13275 13276 13277 13278 13279 13280 13281 13282 13283 13284 13285 13286 13287 13288 13289 13290 13291 13292 13293 13294 13295 13296 13297 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370690 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:02:12 AM

Coin
Explanation
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lemmyK

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:12:00 AM

Bitcoin has dandruff. Maybe that's why the price is moving between $225-$300 for almost a year.
   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:35:56 AM

Today I discovered that I had been working with a misunderstanding of the “no fees” policy of Circle.

For some reason, I had thought that there was a buy sell spread; however, recently, I had been considered receiving regular approximately monthly payments in Bitcoin; however, I considered that the regular monthly receipt of Bitcoin was going to likely exceed my ability to spend those bitcoin during that month.  Accordingly, I realized that if I were to end up receiving the BTC on a regular monthly basis, then I was going to have to cash out btc into dollars on a regular monthly basis.

Therefore, I studied more closely into Circle’s sell rate, and I that point, I had an ah ha moment.  It appears that Circle is using the same rate to buy or to sell BTC.

Therefore, there is effectively NO fee on either end (even though their rate seems to be about consistently about 1% higher than the Stamp  trading rate).  Furthermore, it also appears that currently I have a $5,000 weekly sell limit on Circle, which is practically unlimited in terms of my anticipated quantity of need to cash out any BTC in the near future.   WOW!!!!!!

Accordingly, I have concluded that on my end, if i were to receive any regular monthly Bitcoin payment(s) then at the point of receipt of each payment, I would decide whether I wanted to cash out through Circle immediately into my bank account (all or part) or to hold those BTC until a later time. 

I'm glad that I was able to clarify this Circle fees matter (at least for my own understanding) because potentially working with BTC on a regular basis (up to $5,000 per week through Circle) appears to be much better than I had originally thought.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:02:16 AM

Coin
Explanation
natewelt

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:23:26 AM

Head and shoulders forming during today's session most easily seen on the 15 min on OKCoin

Higher if it gets above 1505 and lower and if goes below 1490 (neckline)

Like I said above 1505 we go higher. Now sitting at 1517.

Let's keep Bitstamp on watch now. If we see a 240 handle then the sky is clear all the way up to 250
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:28:08 AM

Today I discovered that I had been working with a misunderstanding of the “no fees” policy of Circle.

For some reason, I had thought that there was a buy sell spread; however, recently, I had been considered receiving regular approximately monthly payments in Bitcoin; however, I considered that the regular monthly receipt of Bitcoin was going to likely exceed my ability to spend those bitcoin during that month.  Accordingly, I realized that if I were to end up receiving the BTC on a regular monthly basis, then I was going to have to cash out btc into dollars on a regular monthly basis.

Therefore, I studied more closely into Circle’s sell rate, and I that point, I had an ah ha moment.  It appears that Circle is using the same rate to buy or to sell BTC.

Therefore, there is effectively NO fee on either end (even though their rate seems to be about consistently about 1% higher than the Stamp  trading rate).  Furthermore, it also appears that currently I have a $5,000 weekly sell limit on Circle, which is practically unlimited in terms of my anticipated quantity of need to cash out any BTC in the near future.   WOW!!!!!!

Accordingly, I have concluded that on my end, if i were to receive any regular monthly Bitcoin payment(s) then at the point of receipt of each payment, I would decide whether I wanted to cash out through Circle immediately into my bank account (all or part) or to hold those BTC until a later time. 

I'm glad that I was able to clarify this Circle fees matter (at least for my own understanding) because potentially working with BTC on a regular basis (up to $5,000 per week through Circle) appears to be much better than I had originally thought.

Why does everyone sound like a commercial this weekend? JJG this is NOT your usual style at all.
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:40:15 AM

$240 in 3... 2... 1...   Shocked

are we rich yet??

aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:57:15 AM

looks like some great trading.. wish i could been in on it.. i dont get in on the trading much cuz the the price and movement always goes against me.. if i buy it goes lower and if i sell it goes higher.. because of this i have started to grow some contempt for bitcoin. and this seems to be pumping on the marshal's auction announcement. the marshals need to make their money .

Fiat_Hodler

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:58:56 AM

122k coins traded on huobi with no price movement, biggest BS. Such fake trading platforms should be blacklisted and ignored.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:00:16 AM

Just made myself a nice little stake selling litecoin tonight tho I wonder if I pulled the trigger too soon. I guess a winner is a winner at this point.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:02:11 AM

Coin
Explanation
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:11:54 AM

We have ignition.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:12:52 AM

Bitcoin has dandruff. Maybe that's why the price is moving between $225-$300 for almost a year.

I knew it !!!

closer to 268 as the target now   Grin Grin Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:19:22 AM

We have ignition.

Are we really going to have a pump on a bank holiday weekend? 

I suppose that BTC markets do the opposite of what I would expect.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:45:49 AM

look at what i wrote up for a blog today:

BITCOIN PROBLEMS:

1. bitcoin has not been straightforward about the bitcoin cap of there only ever being 21 million bitcoins ever produced. bitcoin will eventually be forced to raise this cap beyond 21 million simply because people forget their encryption keys and therefore bitcoins are lost. maybe a person has a cold storage wallet full of bitcoins and he suddenly dies. those coins are gone forever.

2. security with bitcoin is gimped. many users lose their bitcoins thru theft hacks via malware on their pcs. this happens ALL THE TIME to mostly newbs who do not know how to properly secure their bitcoins via cold storage.  once the coins leave the users wallet via a malware hack the coins are simply gone. no one ever gets caught. the police are unable to do anything about it.

3. users bitcoins have been lost due to exchanges being hacked. it has happened multiple times and once again no one ever gets caught. what goes on is that when bitcoins are kept properly secure by the exchange then they cannot be hacked... or at least they are harder to be hacked.. either way exchanges have been hacked and when the bitcoins disappear they are simply gone. the users lose with no refund of any kind.

4. then there is the blockchain.. this thing is HUGE.. it can take anywhere from hours to download to days to download depending on how good of a pc a person has. if bitcoin becomes more mainstream users will require hard drive space to maintain this blockchain if they wish to keep their coins in their own wallets. of course if the hard drive fails or the user needs an OS reload or a new pc the blockchain must be re-downloaded.

5. some people believe that bitcoin is going to be a replacement reserve currency. imagine the entire economic foundation and infrastructure of a state vulnerable to power outages.. the power goes out and no one can buy anything period until power is restored. this is a huge weakness for bitcoin and is in my opinion a major reason why bitcoin will never be a replacement reserve currency for countries throughout the world.

6. what if a person doesnt have a pc or a cell phone?? they cannot buy anything.

7. bitcoin has NO PRIVACY... this makes it unconstitutional. EVERY transaction is recorded in the blockchain and can be traced. some of the more advanced bitcoin users watch stolen coins move from wallet to wallet all the time.. maybe watching for stolen coins moving is beneficial but clearly bitcoin is like an NSA spyware app.

8. and now more recently new problems have been emerging. "BLOCKCHAIN BLACKLISTS" are the table to be coded into bitcoin in the near future. really the code already exists in the form of what is called BitcoinXT.. the plan if users reach a consensus is that it will be implemented via a hard fork early next year. this blacklist will allow developers to ban any ip address. i believe this is only the beginning of this code once implemented. i believe they will eventually expand this code to act as a form of sanctions that can be used against any wallet address of people, companies, and even states. imagine how this technology would be used to intimidate people ?? the two developers who have written this code are believed to be connected with the CIA since one of them admitted on twitter that he had visited with the CIA.

9. the "BLOCKCHAIN BLACKLISTS" came about due to a scalability issue with bitcoin. if bitcoins bandwidth is not expanded past the 1mb block which allows only 7 transaction per second then bitcoin will become crippled sometime next year. the BitcoinXT developers are using this scalability issue to claim bitcoin needs the "BLOCKCHAIN BLACKLISTS" technology because currently a spammer hacker can completely flood the 1MB blocks thus making it harder for users to send bitcoins through the blockchain.

10. another set of developers came up with another solution to the scalability problem. they are planning to allow the miners to vote the size of the blocks for bitcoin. this means that the bigger miner companies will be able to "cripple" bitcoin in an effort to cause the fees to transmit bitcoins through the network to rise. these fees are paid to the miners for their work maintaining the blockchain. therefore we can see how the miners controlling the size of blocks being transmitted through the network will profit by crippling the bandwidth. of course that is a very bad idea and therefore what is the other choice ?? the other choice is "BLOCKCHAIN BLACKLISTS" ..

11. another problem is insider trading at exchanges.. there have been some really strange incidents happen at some of the leverage exchanges. there are rumors that owners of these exchanges trade against their users causing their margins to be called resulting in their own profits.. and then there are problems where exchanges claim they have technical problems. we have seen these technical problems happen and then suddenly the exchange needs to make adjustments to users balances. sometimes users are brought into negative by these glitches. and sometimes the glitches do not allow users to withdraw their money or bitcoins from the exchange. my opinion is that if an exchange does not have these technical problems then it will not have to stop trading, stop withdrawals, and make balance adjustments. these exchanges showing these kinds of problems are the leveraged trading exchanges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhCNbdIFT4
Fiat_Hodler

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:59:26 AM

someone had their shorts closed on bitfinex hence the price hitting $248.5 for a short period of time.

Who knows if someone at bitfinex is actively using insider info to manipulate peoples stops in order to make money off traders or if it just keeps happening so perfectly by chance....
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:02:12 AM

Coin
Explanation
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:16:05 AM

Maybe they do more selling volume than buying. So maintaining an above-market price would make them money (or help pay their expenses).
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:26:39 AM

look at what i wrote up for a blog today:

BITCOIN PROBLEMS:

1. bitcoin has not been straightforward about the bitcoin cap of there only ever being 21 million bitcoins ever produced. bitcoin will eventually be forced to raise this cap beyond 21 million simply because people forget their encryption keys and therefore bitcoins are lost. maybe a person has a cold storage wallet full of bitcoins and he suddenly dies. those coins are gone forever.

2. security with bitcoin is gimped. many users lose their bitcoins thru theft hacks via malware on their pcs. this happens ALL THE TIME to mostly newbs who do not know how to properly secure their bitcoins via cold storage.  once the coins leave the users wallet via a malware hack the coins are simply gone. no one ever gets caught. the police are unable to do anything about it.

3. users bitcoins have been lost due to exchanges being hacked. it has happened multiple times and once again no one ever gets caught. what goes on is that when bitcoins are kept properly secure by the exchange then they cannot be hacked... or at least they are harder to be hacked.. either way exchanges have been hacked and when the bitcoins disappear they are simply gone. the users lose with no refund of any kind.

4. then there is the blockchain.. this thing is HUGE.. it can take anywhere from hours to download to days to download depending on how good of a pc a person has. if bitcoin becomes more mainstream users will require hard drive space to maintain this blockchain if they wish to keep their coins in their own wallets. of course if the hard drive fails or the user needs an OS reload or a new pc the blockchain must be re-downloaded.

5. some people believe that bitcoin is going to be a replacement reserve currency. imagine the entire economic foundation and infrastructure of a state vulnerable to power outages.. the power goes out and no one can buy anything period until power is restored. this is a huge weakness for bitcoin and is in my opinion a major reason why bitcoin will never be a replacement reserve currency for countries throughout the world.

6. what if a person doesnt have a pc or a cell phone?? they cannot buy anything.

7. bitcoin has NO PRIVACY... this makes it unconstitutional. EVERY transaction is recorded in the blockchain and can be traced. some of the more advanced bitcoin users watch stolen coins move from wallet to wallet all the time.. maybe watching for stolen coins moving is beneficial but clearly bitcoin is like an NSA spyware app.

8. and now more recently new problems have been emerging. "BLOCKCHAIN BLACKLISTS" are the table to be coded into bitcoin in the near future. really the code already exists in the form of what is called BitcoinXT.. the plan if users reach a consensus is that it will be implemented via a hard fork early next year. this blacklist will allow developers to ban any ip address. i believe this is only the beginning of this code once implemented. i believe they will eventually expand this code to act as a form of sanctions that can be used against any wallet address of people, companies, and even states. imagine how this technology would be used to intimidate people ?? the two developers who have written this code are believed to be connected with the CIA since one of them admitted on twitter that he had visited with the CIA.

9. the "BLOCKCHAIN BLACKLISTS" came about due to a scalability issue with bitcoin. if bitcoins bandwidth is not expanded past the 1mb block which allows only 7 transaction per second then bitcoin will become crippled sometime next year. the BitcoinXT developers are using this scalability issue to claim bitcoin needs the "BLOCKCHAIN BLACKLISTS" technology because currently a spammer hacker can completely flood the 1MB blocks thus making it harder for users to send bitcoins through the blockchain.

10. another set of developers came up with another solution to the scalability problem. they are planning to allow the miners to vote the size of the blocks for bitcoin. this means that the bigger miner companies will be able to "cripple" bitcoin in an effort to cause the fees to transmit bitcoins through the network to rise. these fees are paid to the miners for their work maintaining the blockchain. therefore we can see how the miners controlling the size of blocks being transmitted through the network will profit by crippling the bandwidth. of course that is a very bad idea and therefore what is the other choice ?? the other choice is "BLOCKCHAIN BLACKLISTS" ..

11. another problem is insider trading at exchanges.. there have been some really strange incidents happen at some of the leverage exchanges. there are rumors that owners of these exchanges trade against their users causing their margins to be called resulting in their own profits.. and then there are problems where exchanges claim they have technical problems. we have seen these technical problems happen and then suddenly the exchange needs to make adjustments to users balances. sometimes users are brought into negative by these glitches. and sometimes the glitches do not allow users to withdraw their money or bitcoins from the exchange. my opinion is that if an exchange does not have these technical problems then it will not have to stop trading, stop withdrawals, and make balance adjustments. these exchanges showing these kinds of problems are the leveraged trading exchanges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhCNbdIFT4

1. i can imagine one ppl buy all the cheap bitcoin then suddenly died of heart attack due to falling price, and you want to make more bitcoin so miner can dump some more Huh whats wrong with u ?

2. bitcoin wallet in the future should be android device which cannot install anything on it and make it safer, btw this is IT security problem.

3. server being hacked all the time, CC id being stolen all the time.  btw there is decentralized exchange being developed atm.

4. use lite wallet, u dont need full wallet to use bitcoin. only miner need full wallet.

5. im more concerned with emp from dying sun, and nuclear armageddon...

6. i dont know man, i thought btc is internet maney. if they dont have pc or hp, they dont have internet too. isnt that a problem to internet adoption instead ?

7. this i agree

8. 9. XT is altcoin, not bitcoin

10. miner has put their money as they invest in mining gear. i dont think crippling their investment is a good bussiness plan.

11. lolwut ? ok... decentralized exchange might be the answer.
bad trader

Activity: 344

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:38:23 AM

Who knows if someone at bitfinex is actively using insider info to manipulate peoples stops in order to make money off traders or if it just keeps happening so perfectly by chance....
I don't know, but it's clear someone is controlling the market with large walls and pushing the price up and down for profit. They are probably extracting their profits in fiat, causing value to leave the system and pushing the price lower and lower over time.

To some extent it could be just the composite operator, but that does not explain the walls acting so deliberately to support the action.
Pages: « 1 ... 13197 13198 13199 13200 13201 13202 13203 13204 13205 13206 13207 13208 13209 13210 13211 13212 13213 13214 13215 13216 13217 13218 13219 13220 13221 13222 13223 13224 13225 13226 13227 13228 13229 13230 13231 13232 13233 13234 13235 13236 13237 13238 13239 13240 13241 13242 13243 13244 13245 13246 [13247] 13248 13249 13250 13251 13252 13253 13254 13255 13256 13257 13258 13259 13260 13261 13262 13263 13264 13265 13266 13267 13268 13269 13270 13271 13272 13273 13274 13275 13276 13277 13278 13279 13280 13281 13282 13283 13284 13285 13286 13287 13288 13289 13290 13291 13292 13293 13294 13295 13296 13297 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: