May 02, 2024, 05:36:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 13203 13204 13205 13206 13207 13208 13209 13210 13211 13212 13213 13214 13215 13216 13217 13218 13219 13220 13221 13222 13223 13224 13225 13226 13227 13228 13229 13230 13231 13232 13233 13234 13235 13236 13237 13238 13239 13240 13241 13242 13243 13244 13245 13246 13247 13248 13249 13250 13251 13252 [13253] 13254 13255 13256 13257 13258 13259 13260 13261 13262 13263 13264 13265 13266 13267 13268 13269 13270 13271 13272 13273 13274 13275 13276 13277 13278 13279 13280 13281 13282 13283 13284 13285 13286 13287 13288 13289 13290 13291 13292 13293 13294 13295 13296 13297 13298 13299 13300 13301 13302 13303 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370705 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Norway

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 11:16:50 PM

I have a story ......

After big crashing some whales fear of destroying of Btc ,,,,,,,,,, so they decided to push price up ...... this is temporary ... we will see price $180 very sooon

What "big crashing"?  Huh

EDIT: You mean dec 2013 - jan 2015?

he mean the last crash from nearly 300 to below 200.
It's been two of those since january this year. But that has been very dull, sidewayish and boring (bitcoinwise), lol!

This fireworks is explosive and unpredictable. It can go to zero or heaven, but not continue on this sideways way for much longer.

My biggest concern last year was the concentration of power in the hands of the core developers. And especially the man on top (Wladimir). But Gavin (previous core boss) showed me this year that forking removes this point of failiure. It makes me more confident in bitcoin's success. ┗(°0°)┛
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 11:20:07 PM

I have a story ......

After big crashing some whales fear of destroying of Btc ,,,,,,,,,, so they decided to push price up ...... this is temporary ... we will see price $180 very sooon

what if the chinese miner syndicate decided to push the price a bit up for selling there overpriced new miner generation to the stupid crowd?

The btc price of bitmain's S7 floats with the exchange rate, so... And no one else is selling their next gen hardware to the teeming unwashed masses.

trust me no one of the retail miners will buy a miner if the price is below 200 and the momentum tends to further short.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 11:26:33 PM

I have a story ......

what if the chinese miner syndicate decided to push the price a bit up for selling there overpriced new miner generation to the stupid crowd?

The btc price of bitmain's S7 floats with the exchange rate, so... And no one else is selling their next gen hardware to the teeming unwashed masses.

trust me no one of the retail miners will buy a miner if the price is below 200 and the momentum tends to further short.

Did you just argue against yourself? Lower prices, flat or lower difficulty, more coins for the big established players.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 11:31:34 PM

I have a story ......

Did you just argue against yourself? Lower prices, flat or lower difficulty, more coins for the big established players.

there was no flat or lower diff since some weeks. diff jumps to higher highs even with this strong hash rate.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 11:42:57 PM

there was no flat or lower diff since some weeks. diff jumps to higher highs even with this strong hash rate.

And it will continue higher, even with falling prices, as hardware that does 1TH for 250w or less is rolled out against 1TH 500w gear.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 11:52:56 PM

And it will continue higher, even with falling prices, as hardware that does 1TH for 250w or less is rolled out against 1TH 500w gear.

Only problem now is that it would take 250 million USD of machines to double the hashrate of the network. And at current prices that's 10 months of mining for the entire network. To ROI we're looking at years.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 11:55:02 PM

indeed but miner producers need retail miners money to develop the 1TH for 125w and with low prices it won't work anymore. that is what i trying to tell but anyway.
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 11:57:16 PM

Only problem now is that it would take 250 million USD of machines to double the hashrate of the network. And at current prices that's 10 months of mining for the entire network. To ROI we're looking at years.

Absolutely, which is why I measure my mining "profitability" against the cost of fossil fuel heat, and sell everything in the spring. At a hashrate that is a drop in the ocean.

indeed but miner producers need retail miners money to develop the 1TH for 175w and with low prices it won't work anymore. that is what i trying to tell but anyway.

They don't need retail miners, bitmain is the exception to the rest of OCDM (organization of chip designing miners).
kromtar

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

contracorriente

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:01:15 AM

Devalued metals and mechanization of production makes hardware cheaper to build.

If they make it much more energy efficient obviously diff will keep climbing a lot.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:02:09 AM

Coin
Explanation
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 12:02:19 AM

They don't need retail miners, bitmain is the exception to the rest of OCDM (organization of chip designing miners).

OCDM never heard of them.  Wink

are you the chairman?  Roll Eyes
Norway

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:03:45 AM

I have a story ......

Hey Gyrsur, just a friendly trading-tip here from an old nuke-physics guy:
- Don't get confused by different parameters describing trading history. All the data is old.
- Gamblers playing other peoples games, have no idea of future outcomes. Sometimes they are lucky, but usually they are beaten by the bank. The more you play against this bank, the more likely you are to lose.
- If you base your short term bets on your "feeling" of how the price graph is evolving, or other publicly available data, you are just gambling without any real info.
- It IS possible to gain without luck in a short term perspective. If you have inside information, are a manipulating whale or have discovered a (micro?) trade pattern that nobody else can see.
- If you don't have any of the 3 superskillz described above, your trading is random.

Leading to this conclusion:
If your long term bet is that bitcoin is going to succseed, just buy & hodl.
If you trade back and forth during the long term growth period of bitcoin, you will only catch 50% of the growth compared to just hodling.
(Assuming you hold fiat and bicoin 50% each during your daytrading.)

Just sayin...
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 12:09:37 AM

I have a story ......

- Don't get confused by different parameters describing trading history. All the data is old.
- Gamblers playing other peoples games, have no idea of future outcomes. Sometimes they are lucky, but usually they are beaten by the bank. The more you play against this bank, the more likely you are to lose.
- If you base your short term bets on your "feeling" of how the price graph is evolving, or other publicly available data, you are just gambling without any real info.
- It IS possible to gain without luck in a short term perspective. If you have inside information, are a manipulating whale or have discovered a (micro?) trade pattern that nobody else can see.
- If you don't have any of the 3 superskillz described above, your trading is random.

If you trade back and forth during the long term growth period of bitcoin, you will only catch 50% of the growth compared to just hodling.

Just sayin...

thank you! but i don't trade this heavy manipulated Bitcoin market anymore. i just buy and hold. TA is working sometimes between dumps and pumps but there exists better markets to trade with TA.
Norway

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:19:37 AM

I have a story ......

Just sayin...

thank you! but i don't trade this heavy manipulated Bitcoin market anymore. i just buy and hold. TA is working sometimes between dumps and pumps but there exists better markets to trade with TA.

The TA you know, does not work in any markets where professional traders are present.

Prove me wrong, by giving a short term forecast from any market in the world that I can check/confirm with my computer.

And yes, I can relate to statistical prediction models. I'll just have to do many samples (Approx 30) of your predictions. If you are right, we will both be rich! Yeah!!!!!
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:26:43 AM

Visual aids. Who knew Huh

Still seems odd to me.

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 12:27:48 AM

I have a story ......

Just sayin...

The TA you know, does not work in any markets where professional traders are present.

Prove me wrong, by giving a short term forecast from any market in the world that I can check/confirm with my computer.

And yes, I can relate to statistical prediction models. I'll just have to do many samples (Approx 30) of your predictions. If you are right, we will both be rich! Yeah!!!!!

don't destroy my illusions and my wet dreams to get rich quick anymore dude! i hate that. Grin
Norway

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:44:48 AM

I have a story ......

Just sayin...

don't destroy my illusions and my wet dreams to get rich quick anymore dude! i hate that. Grin

Ha ha, just trying to give advice to you (and many other people in this thread).
My point is simply that you should know what you don't know!

I believe that you will be a very priviledged person in the future. Just don't sell bitcoin! Buy & hodl! If you daytrade randomly, you will lose 50% of the growth!

I have done some math regarding the potential of bitcoin. (Yes, I had to convert +200 currencies VS USD and multiply whith the different countries money supply (M2) by hand.)

It's here:

Cconvert2G36

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:47:34 AM

And how does 2.7 tx per second factor in ^.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:55:10 AM

And how does 2.7 tx per second factor in ^.

But he did the maths! The Kool-aid graph...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:02:17 AM

Coin
Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 13203 13204 13205 13206 13207 13208 13209 13210 13211 13212 13213 13214 13215 13216 13217 13218 13219 13220 13221 13222 13223 13224 13225 13226 13227 13228 13229 13230 13231 13232 13233 13234 13235 13236 13237 13238 13239 13240 13241 13242 13243 13244 13245 13246 13247 13248 13249 13250 13251 13252 [13253] 13254 13255 13256 13257 13258 13259 13260 13261 13262 13263 13264 13265 13266 13267 13268 13269 13270 13271 13272 13273 13274 13275 13276 13277 13278 13279 13280 13281 13282 13283 13284 13285 13286 13287 13288 13289 13290 13291 13292 13293 13294 13295 13296 13297 13298 13299 13300 13301 13302 13303 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: