April 28, 2024, 02:53:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23104 23105 23106 23107 23108 23109 23110 23111 23112 23113 23114 23115 23116 23117 23118 23119 23120 23121 23122 23123 23124 23125 23126 23127 23128 23129 23130 23131 23132 23133 23134 23135 23136 23137 23138 23139 23140 23141 23142 23143 23144 23145 23146 23147 23148 23149 23150 23151 23152 23153 [23154] 23155 23156 23157 23158 23159 23160 23161 23162 23163 23164 23165 23166 23167 23168 23169 23170 23171 23172 23173 23174 23175 23176 23177 23178 23179 23180 23181 23182 23183 23184 23185 23186 23187 23188 23189 23190 23191 23192 23193 23194 23195 23196 23197 23198 23199 23200 23201 23202 23203 23204 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368884 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 03:49:01 PM

whoa

Am I bottoming for Bob there?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 03:51:15 PM

Serious @jbreher, I've never seen somebody be such a vicious asshole and so wrong at the same time. And that's saying a lot for this place.

His whole premise is nobody will use bitcoin because its too crowded. That's just plain fucking stupid.

No, my whole premise is that the number of people who will be able to use BTC is hard-capped by the block size. I've been absolutely clear about this for years now. And you're so blinded by dogma that you can't even read what I am actually typing.

The number of people who will be able to use BTC is hard-capped at a ludicrously low number. Those unable to get in will go elsewhere. If for no other reason, because they have no other choice.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 03:51:32 PM

Billionaire Brock Pierce takes out first-ever Bitcoin-backed mortgage to buy a $1.2m home in Amsterdam.

https://bitcoinist.com/billionaire-brock-pierce-takes-out-first-ever-bitcoin-backed-mortgage/

The guy's a billionaire and he's taking a mortgage?

Shhhh!  He's causing more fiat to be printed thereby increasing our Bitcoin value.  Don't tell him about the compound interest!

It is cheaper to take a mortage than paying the full price directly, even for a billionaire Undecided

Sure but Brock Pierce was going to give away a billion dollars last year.  What does he care about cheaper?
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 03:57:54 PM

Still unanswered: How LN is going to help when Layer 1 is already clogged to the point of uselessness.

We will cross that bridge when we get there.  

If this price pump continues, we could get there next week. Unfortunately, there is no solution on the horizon under discussion.

You are fucking ridiculous on this point, jbreher.  Dumbass BIG BLOCKERS have been acting chicken little on this topic since at least late 2015, and they have been wrong, wrong wrong.. except to the extent to which they have engaged in some spam attacks to attempt to make it look like their wrong chicken little speculations were coming true.

And, get the fuck out of here with your exaggeration that there is no plan in BTC.. because with segwit and other tweaks including lightning network, batching and some other technical mumbo jumbo stuff, BTC transactions are getting processed... and fees also will adjust to help to channel and incentivize transactions too...

so fuck off in your attempting to act like there is neither progress in bitcoin or that there is some kind of supposed emergency situation in bitcoin that justifies a block increase - which is still not necessary, even though you and your dumb BIG blocker buddies keep trying to present such nonsense solutions to increase the block size limits as if they were "obvious solutions," and they are not.. they are just stupid.. and counter to any necessary solution.. you want to break bitcoin like you and your buddies broke your impotent bcash(es) variants?

You claim to be a bitcoiner, but I have to question you with your stubborn continued persistence spouting out such repetitive nonsense that has been debunked over and over and over in the past 3.5 years.  There is no there there.. so focus your lil selfie.   Angry Angry Angry

Once the blocks are full, no additional people can open a LN channel. Nobody can close an LN channel. (Not without out-paying those txs already waiting to be built into a block).

you are speculating about something that has never happened.. Even in December 2017/January 2018 (when your bitmain buddies and Roger Ver had enough money to engage in their spam attack), transactions still went through, as long as higher fees were paid... so if the fees might go up during such clogging periods.   By the way, funny how bitmain is now broke.. ver might not be doing so well.. and maybe still hoping for calvin ayere to keep haning out with you other social pariahs.

Nobody can post evidence of stolen channel funds as a result of counterparty posting an earlier channel state. Nobody can get BTC into or out of exchanges. ...

Let's see how it plays out... sounds like you are making shit up, for the moment.. so let's see if it becomes a BIGGER issue that is does not get resolved... Lots of smart people working and submitting ideas in bitcoin core, so they are likely to continue figuring out a variety of things as they already have been with the passage of time.. And maybe you should be discussing these technical matters in another thread, anyhow?  you fuck with attempts at technical mumbo jumbo, here.

All y'all are hanging your hopes on a promise that has no chance to deliver its stated benefits.

You and your BIG BLOCKER nutjob buddies have already proven yourselves to be inclined towards exaggerations about supposed dire outcomes, and likely going to happen again... with exaggerated points like you are making here.

Sure, LN will have important use cases. But at the cost of crippling the base layer? Collective delusion.

Of course, LN will have important use cases.. at least you recognize that aspect.. and if you think that there some kind of crippling then get the fuck out of here.  Don't use lightning then nor build upon it, and go over to your shitcoin (I mean various bcashes) projects to whine about how horrible bitcoin is, while bitcoin is going to leave those bcashes crappies in the dust in terms of innovations, development, adoption and even ongoing price performance..

Jbreher should be joining his BCHABC - BTC-SV friends at r/btc. He can shit on Segwit/LN and Core dev. 24/7.

He will be loved over there  but here he's  just a moron.

And in charges Paashaas with yet another attack fully devoid of any substantive rebuttal to any points made.
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 03:59:47 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 12:54:47 PM by BitcoinGirl.Club

Billionaire Brock Pierce takes out first-ever Bitcoin-backed mortgage to buy a $1.2m home in Amsterdam.

https://bitcoinist.com/billionaire-brock-pierce-takes-out-first-ever-bitcoin-backed-mortgage/

Shhhh!  He's causing more fiat to be printed thereby increasing our Bitcoin value.  Don't tell him about the compound interest!

It is cheaper to take a mortage than paying the full price directly, even for a billionaire Undecided

Sure but Brock Pierce was going to give away a billion dollars last year.  What does he care about cheaper?

I think he simply doesn't want to sell his bitcoins.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:04:00 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (1)

don't put me on the lower ranges when their are prices on the PIC Roll Eyes

who is that second one on the low with no HAT?
and the BTCpenny HAT, good to see it here forgot to put it in my collection Smiley

You are the rock upon which we stand Goose. Leading fire teams from the trenches..a place of high honor...do not fret young sir. The image you are referring to is a top secret prototype demonstration model never before seen in actual combat. Testing is in progress...please stand by for a sitrep at the fob at the end of operations. Carry on.

xhomerx10 patent application  - international patent pending no. PCT5551212

Abstract

An eye enhancement device comprising a soft, flexible plastic envelope forming a goggle enclosure contoured to comfortably conform to the angular anterior cranial features of a particular mammalian, non-human animal, such as a cat.  For use with invisible laser cat exercise device per US patent no. 5443036.

nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7949

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 04:10:56 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Serious @jbreher, I've never seen somebody be such a vicious asshole and so wrong at the same time. And that's saying a lot for this place.

His whole premise is nobody will use bitcoin because its too crowded. That's just plain fucking stupid.

No, my whole premise is that the number of people who will be able to use BTC is hard-capped by the block size. I've been absolutely clear about this for years now. And you're so blinded by dogma that you can't even read what I am actually typing.

The number of people who will be able to use BTC is hard-capped at a ludicrously low number. Those unable to get in will go elsewhere. If for no other reason, because they have no other choice.

What's the hard cap number you had in mind? I bet you whatever it is, BTC surpasses it. Let's make a gentlemen's wager. What metric do you propose to measure "users"? Active addresses is pretty good. Right now there's approximately 684k active addresses. That number seems to have peaked around 1 million in Dec 2017, so do you agree that's a "cap"? (I wouldn't call it "ludicrously low" btw, but that's just me). I bet you this number surpasses 1 million - and stays there - before the year's end.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-activeaddresses.html

Feel free to offer your own metric. It's too hard to add Lightning Network activity with active addresses, even though its growing by leaps and bounds and is a viable solution to avoid your avidly described apocalypse that you perpetually insist is imminent.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:13:29 PM

Saving a couple of percent when you expect your liquid assets to skyrocket actually makes quite a bit of sense.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12015

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:20:51 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2019, 04:38:48 PM by micgoossens

I only see BoB pulling up JJG.....? To stay on board?

or is that just a strategical move ? Smiley
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:21:22 PM

Still unanswered: How LN is going to help when Layer 1 is already clogged to the point of uselessness.

We will cross that bridge when we get there.  

If this price pump continues, we could get there next week. Unfortunately, there is no solution on the horizon under discussion.

You are fucking ridiculous on this point, jbreher.  Dumbass BIG BLOCKERS have been acting chicken little on this topic since at least late 2015, and they have been wrong, wrong wrong.. except to the extent to which they have engaged in some spam attacks to attempt to make it look like their wrong chicken little speculations were coming true.

And, get the fuck out of here with your exaggeration that there is no plan in BTC.. because with segwit and other tweaks including lightning network, batching and some other technical mumbo jumbo stuff, BTC transactions are getting processed... and fees also will adjust to help to channel and incentivize transactions too...

so fuck off in your attempting to act like there is neither progress in bitcoin or that there is some kind of supposed emergency situation in bitcoin that justifies a block increase - which is still not necessary, even though you and your dumb BIG blocker buddies keep trying to present such nonsense solutions to increase the block size limits as if they were "obvious solutions," and they are not.. they are just stupid.. and counter to any necessary solution.. you want to break bitcoin like you and your buddies broke your impotent bcash(es) variants?

You claim to be a bitcoiner, but I have to question you with your stubborn continued persistence spouting out such repetitive nonsense that has been debunked over and over and over in the past 3.5 years.  There is no there there.. so focus your lil selfie.   Angry Angry Angry

Once the blocks are full, no additional people can open a LN channel. Nobody can close an LN channel. (Not without out-paying those txs already waiting to be built into a block).

you are speculating about something that has never happened.. Even in December 2017/January 2018 (when your bitmain buddies and Roger Ver had enough money to engage in their spam attack), transactions still went through, as long as higher fees were paid... so if the fees might go up during such clogging periods.   By the way, funny how bitmain is now broke.. ver might not be doing so well.. and maybe still hoping for calvin ayere to keep haning out with you other social pariahs.

Nobody can post evidence of stolen channel funds as a result of counterparty posting an earlier channel state. Nobody can get BTC into or out of exchanges. ...

Let's see how it plays out... sounds like you are making shit up, for the moment.. so let's see if it becomes a BIGGER issue that is does not get resolved... Lots of smart people working and submitting ideas in bitcoin core, so they are likely to continue figuring out a variety of things as they already have been with the passage of time.. And maybe you should be discussing these technical matters in another thread, anyhow?  you fuck with attempts at technical mumbo jumbo, here.

All y'all are hanging your hopes on a promise that has no chance to deliver its stated benefits.

You and your BIG BLOCKER nutjob buddies have already proven yourselves to be inclined towards exaggerations about supposed dire outcomes, and likely going to happen again... with exaggerated points like you are making here.

Sure, LN will have important use cases. But at the cost of crippling the base layer? Collective delusion.

Of course, LN will have important use cases.. at least you recognize that aspect.. and if you think that there some kind of crippling then get the fuck out of here.  Don't use lightning then nor build upon it, and go over to your shitcoin (I mean various bcashes) projects to whine about how horrible bitcoin is, while bitcoin is going to leave those bcashes crappies in the dust in terms of innovations, development, adoption and even ongoing price performance..

Jbreher should be joining his BCHABC - BTC-SV friends at r/btc. He can shit on Segwit/LN and Core dev. 24/7.

He will be loved over there  but here he's  just a moron.

Jbreher has many good qualities.  I might not agree with his opinion on the direction Bitcoin should or should not take but I still love him.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:23:34 PM

What's the hard cap number you had in mind?

It is all driven by the block size, and dependent upon how many txs per day the average user makes. Any way you slice it, on chain tx capacity is limited by the block size. And inability to transact on chain also breaks LN - no opens, closes, or repudiation of stale channel state driven theft.

Daily tx capacity is highly variable upon the nature of that's day's txs, but it is well south of a million. So there's your hard cap.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:24:58 PM

^See?  A very analytical mind.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:26:36 PM

^^^
I remember me being a bit rude towards him as well, and he always countered me very polite, I (already longer time) massively changed my behavior towards him cause as you say, on BTC everybody can have his own OPINION, I do hate Jbreher's thought but @the same time he does own BTC as well .... so can't be so bad, later on he will regret of not being completely in BTC alone...
But I do remember me acting wrong towards him, common Jbreher go FULL BTC  Cheesy  Cheesy
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:34:51 PM

You have earned the right to do as you please as you are a pillar of the community sir....however, you might want to check with Rick before any bottom maneuvers are attempted with Bob..just saying.   Kiss
nutildah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 04:36:46 PM
Merited by mindrust (2)

It is all driven by the block size, and dependent upon how many txs per day the average user makes. Any way you slice it, on chain tx capacity is limited by the block size. And inability to transact on chain also breaks LN - no opens, closes, or repudiation of stale channel state driven theft.

OK but that's never happened. Its always "what if" scenarios with you anti-bitcoiners.

Earlier you said "the number of people who will be able to use BTC is hard-capped at a ludicrously low number." This is false on all accounts. If you would have said "the number of transactions per day on chain is hard capped" then I would have been inclined to agree.

Daily tx capacity is highly variable upon the nature of that's day's txs, but it is well south of a million. So there's your hard cap.

I did the math and the tx per day is theoretically 604,800 at the very maximum. We're currently just shy of 400,000. Two key points you never address are:

1. Encouragement of Lightning adoption will help prevent bitcoin from coming close to this, and the technology continues to progress and improve with or without your permission.
2. The block size is limited for a specific reason: having a huge blockchain results in increasing centralization. How many people in this thread run their own node? One? Two? The blockchain is already too unwieldy for your average bitcoin enthusiast to run a full node. Making it even bigger will insure that an even smaller proportion of people will be able to run a node.

Of course BCH and SV don't have this problem, because their blocks remain tiny and unfilled. And that's because nobody uses them.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4138

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:39:16 PM
Merited by Globb0 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

No, jbreher, when this situation arises, and there is a real need for bigger blocks, Bitcoin will scale. But not earlier that that. And certainly not in a way similar to BCH/BSV and their lunatic supporters Wu, Ver and Wright... Roll Eyes
nutildah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 04:39:59 PM

^^^
I remember me being a bit rude towards him as well, and he always countered me very polite, I (already longer time) massively changed my behavior towards him cause as you say, on BTC everybody can have his own OPINION, I do hate Jbreher's thought but @the same time he does own BTC as well .... so can't be so bad, later on he will regret of not being completely in BTC alone...
But I do remember me acting wrong towards him, common Jbreher go FULL BTC  Cheesy  Cheesy

You know mic I tried being polite to him in turn but then sometimes he's just massively cockish for no good reason and my desire to be polite flies out the window.
StartupAnalyst

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

Crypto Casino & Sportsbook

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:43:41 PM

Bitcoin we love!

He did the right thing. It's very important to find the other half who understands you.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:48:17 PM

^^^

You know mic I tried being polite to him in turn but then sometimes he's just massively cockish for no good reason and my desire to be polite flies out the window.

Sometimes its just useless to try discuss BTC with him, I even don't follow it, but on other stuff not BTC-related then he can be right...
But still its the same with a NO-coiner or with an XRP-enthousiast as with a Bcash-fanatic and so on .... if the discussion is longer as one line of writing, then its to crazy to write a second line and to go on...  they just don't get tired of protecting there flawed projects/scammy coins and so on.
Like with r0ach exactly the same, but sometimes i just like to counter his crazy woman talks Cheesy
But jbreher is a hard-minded that just makes is own mind for himself, if that is what he wants, yeah then let him be the only WO-member to be fooled.

Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:58:14 PM

1h

D

#stronghands  #dyor  #btds

Pages: « 1 ... 23104 23105 23106 23107 23108 23109 23110 23111 23112 23113 23114 23115 23116 23117 23118 23119 23120 23121 23122 23123 23124 23125 23126 23127 23128 23129 23130 23131 23132 23133 23134 23135 23136 23137 23138 23139 23140 23141 23142 23143 23144 23145 23146 23147 23148 23149 23150 23151 23152 23153 [23154] 23155 23156 23157 23158 23159 23160 23161 23162 23163 23164 23165 23166 23167 23168 23169 23170 23171 23172 23173 23174 23175 23176 23177 23178 23179 23180 23181 23182 23183 23184 23185 23186 23187 23188 23189 23190 23191 23192 23193 23194 23195 23196 23197 23198 23199 23200 23201 23202 23203 23204 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: