April 30, 2024, 03:15:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 [30293] 30294 30295 30296 30297 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 30318 30319 30320 30321 30322 30323 30324 30325 30326 30327 30328 30329 30330 30331 30332 30333 30334 30335 30336 30337 30338 30339 30340 30341 30342 30343 ... 33307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26369700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 06:28:20 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2022, 06:39:25 AM by Copetech

Does anyone here have any experiance with E3 spark plugs on older vehicles, like 70, 80, 90s vehicles?

People with older cars seem to speak highly of them, whereas newer cars and turbo cars don't seem to get anything extra out of them.
They also seem to work very well on small engines, like lawn mowers. Thinking of ordering for my old Volvo, but wondering if anybody here have used them and can comment.

https://e3sparkplugs.com/

A test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcVF3xL_fzk&ab_channel=ProjectFarm

An elaborate gimmick. Some would even say snake oil.
The circuit from electrode to ground is still the same. The spark jumps to the arm to ignite the fuel.
People who sing their praises are actually changing their behavior while monitoring performance and it is actually the changed behavior that yields results rather than the plug itself. At best, they work the same as the original design, BUT notice you have 3 smaller more fragile arms. I have heard several reports of the smaller arms breaking off in the cylinder and falling into the piston damaging the rings. Just adds an extra point of failure.
If you want real notable improvements in reliability, performance, and longevity of older and small engines, focus on a reliable source of ethanol free fuels.

The arms falling of was apparently early made in china plugs from around 2011, haven't seen any reports after that.
What vehicle have you tried them in?

I haven't actually put them in any of my own cars, but helped a friend install a set in a 97 Geo Prizm (same as the Toyota Corolla, 1.8L Dual OverHead Cam 5-speed Manual transmission. (Great low maintenance beater setup, generally 32-36 mpg and avg lifespan of 300k miles).
So
They didn't seem to make him any smarter, and he said he didn't see any difference before he plowed into the rear end of a school bus at 8am in a school zone while intoxicated driving home from some chick's house whose name he can't remember... What can I say, he's a good friend. If I broke my arm he'd drive across town to wipe my ass. But not necessarily the best of people otherwise.

Anyway, just look at the design and what it's claiming to do, is you distributer going to send 3 sparks instead of 1 for every cycle?
No...
 Does the spark have better exposure to the chamber of oxygenated fuel with 3 arms around it?
No.
Are the arms thicker? Do they look like they'll last longer in the extremes of internal combustion?
No.
What are the OEM plugs? $2.50 each?
Your best bet for a Volvo is Bosch plugs (in Japanese engines you're better off with NGK or Denso) with the correct material & gap for your specific engine. For Toyota's the latest and greatest seems to be iridium, and they generally last about 100k miles, but I must apologize as I know nothing about German engines, but I'd assume they've gotten similar results.
I just don't trust gimmicks, especially when the physics don't make sense. The spark is going to take the path of least resistance regardless of how many options you give it. The more resilient that path is, the longer you're going to achieve optimal performance. It's not Rocket Surgery! 😜

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 07:01:20 AM

Explanation
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 07:27:38 AM

Does anyone here have any experiance with E3 spark plugs on older vehicles, like 70, 80, 90s vehicles?

People with older cars seem to speak highly of them, whereas newer cars and turbo cars don't seem to get anything extra out of them.
They also seem to work very well on small engines, like lawn mowers. Thinking of ordering for my old Volvo, but wondering if anybody here have used them and can comment.

The circuit from electrode to ground is still the same. The spark jumps to the arm to ignite the fuel.
People who sing their praises are actually changing their behavior while monitoring performance and it is actually the changed behavior that yields results rather than the plug itself. At best, they work the same as the original design, BUT notice you have 3 smaller more fragile arms. I have heard several reports of the smaller arms breaking off in the cylinder and falling into the piston damaging the rings. Just adds an extra point of failure.
If you want real notable improvements in reliability, performance, and longevity of older and small engines, focus on a reliable source of ethanol free fuels.

The arms falling of was apparently early made in china plugs from around 2011, haven't seen any reports after that.

I haven't actually put them in any of my own cars, but helped a friend install a set in a 97 Geo Prizm (same as the Toyota Corolla, 1.8L Dual OverHead Cam 5-speed Manual transmission. (Great low maintenance beater setup, generally 32-36 mpg and avg lifespan of 300k miles).
So
They didn't seem to make him any smarter, and he said he didn't see any difference before he plowed into the rear end of a school bus at 8am in a school zone while intoxicated driving home from some chick's house whose name he can't remember... What can I say, he's a good friend. If I broke my arm he'd drive across town to wipe my ass. But not necessarily the best of people otherwise.

Anyway, just look at the design and what it's claiming to do, is you distributer going to send 3 sparks instead of 1 for every cycle?
No...
 Does the spark have better exposure to the chamber of oxygenated fuel with 3 arms around it?
No.
Are the arms thicker? Do they look like they'll last longer in the extremes of internal combustion?
No.
Your best bet for a Volvo is Bosch plugs (in Japanese engines you're better off with NGK or Denso) with the correct material & gap for your specific engine. For Toyota's the latest and greatest seems to be iridium, and they generally last about 100k miles, but I must apologize as I know nothing about German engines, but I'd assume they've gotten similar results.
I just don't trust gimmicks, especially when the physics don't make sense. The spark is going to take the path of least resistance regardless of how many options you give it. The more resilient that path is, the longer you're going to achieve optimal performance. It's not Rocket Surgery! 😜

What you are saying is what I used to think, until I saw the video and read the comments, after that I got curios.
I have anyhow given in to my gadget desire and ordered them, together with a set of blue cables, because my car has a blue interior and I was thinking that my car might like the blue ones and run better.
They are also of better quality then my cheap Biltema ones that I use now, it's gonna be interesting to see if it runs better, and especially if it will idle smother.

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4145

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 07:28:29 AM

They have even misspelled the word ENGINE in the main image on their site (they've typed ENIGINE) and have not bothered to correct it... I spotted it virtually instantly on my first visit to their site.

Just a fancy-looking spark plug with probably no real benefit IMHO... I'd just buy a set of high quality Japanese NGK ones instead.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 07:35:27 AM

They have even misspelled the word ENGINE in the main image on their site (they've typed ENIGINE) and have not bothered to correct it... I spotted it virtually instantly on my first visit to their site.

Just a fancy-looking spark plug with probably no real benefit IMHO... I'd just buy a set of high quality Japanese NGK ones instead.

You're right, I didnt even see that.
Well I like to test things so we will see if it makes any difference, they cost just slightly more than Volvo original plugs, so no big difference anyway.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 08:01:22 AM

Explanation
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 08:06:59 AM

I wonder how close it came..this is how it could start I think ...thankfully cooler heads prevailed   ...these fucking nations states are all insane   Nobody cares about biolabs or nukes or war or fear mongering except these vested politicians and elites..why the fuck do they even exist? More importantly...can we as a species continue to exist with this constant threat hanging over our heads

On 9 March 2022, in the course of a routine maintenance, a technical malfunction led to the accidental firing of a missile,” the Indian ministry of defence said in a statement on Friday.

A Pakistan air force official said the object travelled at an altitude of 12,200 metres (40,000 feet), at Mach 3, and flew 124km (77 miles) in Pakistani airspace before crashing.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/11/india-says-it-accidentally-fired-missile-into-pakistan

smh

-----------

the late night wall report

and there is always the other way of seeing things as life does seem pretty subjective and highly dependent on narrative

perhaps the current crisis is resolved by Q2 and we can begin to see the beginnings of re-normalised relations with nation states, the re-opening of international trade and most importantly..walking back from the brink of WWIII

which leaves having to plan for the best and the worst at the same once and leaving anything but short time frame speculation more useless that usual           Shocked

dyor

little doji forming under thumb
4h

D

stronghands
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 08:26:13 AM

There’s a will, there’s a way

https://twitter.com/documentingbtc/status/1502398744037408781?s=21
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 09:01:25 AM

Explanation
Little590

Activity: 3
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 09:21:26 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), PrivacyG (2)

”BTC is a risk-on safehaven.

Gold is a risk-off safehaven.

Bitcoin as an untested theoretical safehaven, this year will be the first proper market test of it.

In a war time scenario, risk-off is the first market response, the second market response is towards safehavens.”

"Willy Woo"
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 10:01:20 AM

Explanation
bravoyo

Activity: 1
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 10:36:44 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I am coming to realization that money has no real value. It's pretty shocking, actually.
Whether this includes bitcoin, it is still an open question, but better than the rest, of course.
I can use money in my pocket right now of course, but what about a situation when some goods are absent as it started happening (mostly outside of US for now)?
I am also a bit shocked that bitcoin did not go up 50% recently, considering what happened with fiat. Flat city.

Does property have value? Maybe, unless you are not the 'right' person at the time. If you are not, people might not respect your property rights.
So, chalk off property as well. It has been a nice 77 years of stability in that respect, not anymore.

What is of value: imho, it is your geographical location, access to readily available resources (I am talking about food and water mostly), freedom of movement.
Bitcoin could play a role in the last two (or even all three) params.
If we consider the whole global situation and the stocks dumping, bitcoin is holding pretty well at this moment. The fiat currencies, most of them are trying to escape into the dolar first, so at the begining the dolar holds better at first, but if this thing continues, the world situation continues like that, its just a matter of time dolar goes south too.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1660

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2022, 10:40:54 AM

”BTC is a risk-on safehaven.

Gold is a risk-off safehaven.

Bitcoin as an untested theoretical safehaven, this year will be the first proper market test of it.

In a war time scenario, risk-off is the first market response, the second market response is towards safehavens.”

"Willy Woo"

In a post-nuclear world in which food has become a diminishing good due to the fact that nothing is growing anymore, your shiny metals and internet money won't be worth a slice of bread. Lets be clear about that. This isn't 1942 anymore.
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 10:55:37 AM

So

No...
No.
No.

What you are saying is what I used to think, until I saw the video and read the comments, after that I got curios.
I have anyhow given in to my gadget desire and ordered them, together with a set of blue cables, because my car has a blue interior and I was thinking that my car might like the blue ones and run better.
They are also of better quality then my cheap Biltema ones that I use now, it's gonna be interesting to see if it runs better, and especially if it will idle smother.

The Blue Plug wires will almost certainly help significantly! So in the spirit of evaluation, I would suggest changing those first and see how much difference it makes. Maybe even drive a few days before actually changing the plugs.

So What's going on anyway? Is it idling rough? Does it run better cold or does it smooth out after it warms up? Any misses or pings while accelerating?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 11:01:22 AM

Explanation
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 11:39:28 AM

The Blue Plug wires will almost certainly help significantly! So in the spirit of evaluation, I would suggest changing those first and see how much difference it makes. Maybe even drive a few days before actually changing the plugs.

So What's going on anyway? Is it idling rough? Does it run better cold or does it smooth out after it warms up? Any misses or pings while accelerating?

my before and after hole shot was how i decided how well any mods or tuning i did was.

the more rubber left = the real test (obviously). i mean what more do you need to gauge the success of a change in parts or tuning..
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 12:01:27 PM

Explanation
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 7721

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2022, 12:15:40 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), Phil_S (1)

moneystery

Activity: 672
Merit: 161

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2022, 12:20:19 PM

I am coming to realization that money has no real value. It's pretty shocking, actually.
Whether this includes bitcoin, it is still an open question, but better than the rest, of course.
I can use money in my pocket right now of course, but what about a situation when some goods are absent as it started happening (mostly outside of US for now)?
I am also a bit shocked that bitcoin did not go up 50% recently, considering what happened with fiat. Flat city.

Does property have value? Maybe, unless you are not the 'right' person at the time. If you are not, people might not respect your property rights.
So, chalk off property as well. It has been a nice 77 years of stability in that respect, not anymore.

What is of value: imho, it is your geographical location, access to readily available resources (I am talking about food and water mostly), freedom of movement.
Bitcoin could play a role in the last two (or even all three) params.
If we consider the whole global situation and the stocks dumping, bitcoin is holding pretty well at this moment. The fiat currencies, most of them are trying to escape into the dolar first, so at the begining the dolar holds better at first, but if this thing continues, the world situation continues like that, its just a matter of time dolar goes south too.
Bitcoin is the one that has the real value, the value of the dollar so far is just a manipulation that has been carried out for hundreds of years. the dollar will not last strong if the war continues but Bitcoin.. will always survive
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 12:38:41 PM

If this continues we might see global leaders of the bitcoin friendly nature and revolution phase second has already begun where countries are now adopting it.
Pages: « 1 ... 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 [30293] 30294 30295 30296 30297 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 30318 30319 30320 30321 30322 30323 30324 30325 30326 30327 30328 30329 30330 30331 30332 30333 30334 30335 30336 30337 30338 30339 30340 30341 30342 30343 ... 33307 »
  Print  

Jump to: