April 30, 2024, 03:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 30293 30294 30295 30296 [30297] 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 30318 30319 30320 30321 30322 30323 30324 30325 30326 30327 30328 30329 30330 30331 30332 30333 30334 30335 30336 30337 30338 30339 30340 30341 30342 30343 30344 30345 30346 30347 ... 33308 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26369708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 07:08:17 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The Only Non-Totalitarian Solution to Resource Scarcity: Decentralized Degrowth

The fantasy is that everything will soon be super-abundant and cheap again because creating money out of thin air creates demand out of thin air and supply will always magically appear if there is demand. The reality is super-abundant and cheap is gone for good. Demand doesn't create new supply by magic; if the supply is gone, then demand has no magical power to conjure supply out of thin air.

The other fantasy is that there will always be a cheap substitute for whatever's been depleted. If the oil is depleted in one place, there's still plenty to extract in Timbukthree. Or we'll replace oil with electricity generated by high-tech paint on our roofs, and we'll replace all those thousands of giant airliners using jet fuel with little, slow electric aircraft--nothing will change except we'll continue to have more of everything.

The reality is the current global economy is a Landfill Economy that glorifies waste as growth. The faster shoddy goods fail and are taken to the Landfill and replaced with a new one, the higher our "growth." The greater the waste, friction and fraud, the greater the "growth."

Sorry, but this guy knows nothing about economics.

Let me also point out that you can indeed have infinite growth on a finite planet. It sounds counter intuitive, but groth is just, at it's core, effectiveness, and we do constantly make things more effective, this  will not stop, hence growth will not stop, it might slow down at some point, but it will never stop (as long as we don't become significantly dumber as a species).
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Little590

Activity: 3
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 07:17:15 AM

”Bitcoin is the ultimate form of property rights, free speech and money. No constitution, government or banker could ever match the effectiveness that Bitcoin provides for the world. Nothing has ever come close and most likely never will in our lifetime.”
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 07:22:47 AM

Does anyone here have any experiance with E3 spark plugs on older vehicles, like 70, 80, 90s vehicles?

People with older cars seem to speak highly of them, whereas newer cars and turbo cars don't seem to get anything extra out of them.
They also seem to work very well on small engines, like lawn mowers. Thinking of ordering for my old Volvo, but wondering if anybody here have used them and can comment.

https://e3sparkplugs.com/

A test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcVF3xL_fzk&ab_channel=ProjectFarm

An elaborate gimmick. Some would even say snake oil.
The circuit from electrode to ground is still the same. The spark jumps to the arm to ignite the fuel.
People who sing their praises are actually changing their behavior while monitoring performance and it is actually the changed behavior that yields results rather than the plug itself. At best, they work the same as the original design, BUT notice you have 3 smaller more fragile arms. I have heard several reports of the smaller arms breaking off in the cylinder and falling into the piston damaging the rings. Just adds an extra point of failure.
If you want real notable improvements in reliability, performance, and longevity of older and small engines, focus on a reliable source of ethanol free fuels.

The arms falling of was apparently early made in china plugs from around 2011, haven't seen any reports after that.
What vehicle have you tried them in?

I haven't actually put them in any of my own cars, but helped a friend install a set in a 97 Geo Prizm (same as the Toyota Corolla, 1.8L Dual OverHead Cam 5-speed Manual transmission. (Great low maintenance beater setup, generally 32-36 mpg and avg lifespan of 300k miles).
So
They didn't seem to make him any smarter, and he said he didn't see any difference before he plowed into the rear end of a school bus at 8am in a school zone while intoxicated driving home from some chick's house whose name he can't remember... What can I say, he's a good friend. If I broke my arm he'd drive across town to wipe my ass. But not necessarily the best of people otherwise.

Anyway, just look at the design and what it's claiming to do, is you distributer going to send 3 sparks instead of 1 for every cycle?
No...
 Does the spark have better exposure to the chamber of oxygenated fuel with 3 arms around it?
No.
Are the arms thicker? Do they look like they'll last longer in the extremes of internal combustion?
No.
What are the OEM plugs? $2.50 each?
Your best bet for a Volvo is Bosch plugs (in Japanese engines you're better off with NGK or Denso) with the correct material & gap for your specific engine. For Toyota's the latest and greatest seems to be iridium, and they generally last about 100k miles, but I must apologize as I know nothing about German engines, but I'd assume they've gotten similar results.
I just don't trust gimmicks, especially when the physics don't make sense. The spark is going to take the path of least resistance regardless of how many options you give it. The more resilient that path is, the longer you're going to achieve optimal performance. It's not Rocket Surgery! 😜

What you are saying is what I used to think, until I saw the video and read the comments, after that I got curios.
I have anyhow given in to my gadget desire and ordered them, together with a set of blue cables, because my car has a blue interior and I was thinking that my car might like the blue ones and run better.
They are also of better quality then my cheap Biltema ones that I use now, it's gonna be interesting to see if it runs better, and especially if it will idle smother.

The Blue Plug wires will almost certainly help significantly! So in the spirit of evaluation, I would suggest changing those first and see how much difference it makes. Maybe even drive a few days before actually changing the plugs.

So What's going on anyway? Is it idling rough? Does it run better cold or does it smooth out after it warms up? Any misses or pings while accelerating?

It idles a little bit rough when it's cold, not much but enought to annoy me.
I'm also just curious to see if I can get better mileage.
I will change the plugs first and see if it makes any difference, I will drive at least to fill ups and see what mileage I get, and then I'll change the wires as well and do the same procedure.
The plugs should arrive at the end of the month, I might even make a video out of the changing.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10188

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 07:39:12 AM

This is something you JJG and obviously other guys  Grin, should watch, and for part of you wish: DIG DEEPER - do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsc-Vf3i_-o

nobody like go towards: Slow Suicide

I watched it.. about 13 minutes of experience/perspective of life in a bunker.

I am not quite sure why you are saying that guys like me (and I suppose other regular members in this thread) need to watch this video.  What is the point that you want us to get from this?  There are life and death issues that people have to deal with and we should take that into account?  I am not sure about the point.. Yes, he is saying that he does not want to be conquered and would rather die than be conquered by the Russians.  

Of course, if someone is in a warzone and they have bombs dropping around them, their priorities are going to change.  Of course, any of us could end up in that kind of situation in short notice, without realizing that such a situation is coming.  Again.. is there something specific that you are directing towards me and other guys here degxtra1?

Several rumors flying around...
There are people of different sentiments and information.
Check this out:

You understand that the fact that a lot of shorts are opening up does not necessarily mean that the BTC price is going down, right? even though you can see that people are betting BIG in that DOWNity direction, right?

”Bitcoin is the ultimate form of property rights, free speech and money. No constitution, government or banker could ever match the effectiveness that Bitcoin provides for the world. Nothing has ever come close and most likely never will in our lifetime.”

Usually if you quote someone, you need to say who it is.... even better if you provide a link (kind of like a bonus courtesy)   Otherwise readers are going to get confused, and you might get blamed for the lack of attribution.. including that you should know better than to fail/refuse to make such proper attributions.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 08:01:21 AM

Explanation
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 08:17:00 AM

An interesting question I've seen on twitter. I'm asking it here, for the crowd of pundits and observers and long time bitcoin followers.

Q: What is the shortest WMA that results in BTC never going down?

Seen here:
https://twitter.com/cryptoartists1/status/1501559160684662789

I experimented a little bit, and the answer is 169 weeks (3.25 years).

It's at $22780 right now, and rising about $30 a day.

I wonder from where you are getting your data Phil_S.... especially regarding the current 200-Week moving average.

This website shows the 200-week moving average at about $20,304.50 currently (and moving up about $10 per day), which is not inconsistent with bitcoin wisdom showing about the same.

In other words, why is your current 200-week moving average nearly $2,500 larger and purportedly moving up 3x per day higher than $10 per day, when you say it's moving up $30 per day?

[edited out]

Good work, Phil_S.

Pretty close to the 200-Week MA, which has always been monotonically increasing and is currently at $20,283.

Ok.. so it is ONLY me who does not know what Phil_S is referring to and how it differs from the 200-week moving average?

Read it a little slower J1G, maybe try sounding out the words one by one and particularly the numbers. You're skimming right past the point he's making and ASSuming U know what he's saying without stopping to read what he's saying.
Copetech

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 08:23:52 AM

Does anyone here have any experiance with E3 spark plugs on older vehicles, like 70, 80, 90s vehicles?

People with older cars seem to speak highly of them, whereas newer cars and turbo cars don't seem to get anything extra out of them.
They also seem to work very well on small engines, like lawn mowers. Thinking of ordering for my old Volvo, but wondering if anybody here have used them and can comment.

An elaborate gimmick. Some would even say snake oil.
The circuit from electrode to ground is still the same. The spark jumps to the arm to ignite the fuel.
People who sing their praises are actually changing their behavior while monitoring performance and it is actually the changed behavior that yields results rather than the plug itself. At best, they work the same as the original design, BUT notice you have 3 smaller more fragile arms. I have heard several reports of the smaller arms breaking off in the cylinder and falling into the piston damaging the rings. Just adds an extra point of failure.
If you want real notable improvements in reliability, performance, and longevity of older and small engines, focus on a reliable source of ethanol free fuels.

The arms falling of was apparently early made in china plugs from around 2011, haven't seen any reports after that.
What vehicle have you tried them in?

I haven't actually put them in any of my own cars, but helped a friend install a set in a 97 Geo Prizm (same as the Toyota Corolla, 1.8L Dual OverHead Cam 5-speed Manual transmission. (Great low maintenance beater setup, generally 32-36 mpg and avg lifespan of 300k miles).
So
They didn't seem to make him any smarter, and he said he didn't see any difference before he plowed into the rear end of a school bus at 8am in a school zone while intoxicated driving home from some chick's house whose name he can't remember... What can I say, he's a good friend. If I broke my arm he'd drive across town to wipe my ass. But not necessarily the best of people otherwise.

Anyway, just look at the design and what it's claiming to do, is you distributer going to send 3 sparks instead of 1 for every cycle?
No...
 Does the spark have better exposure to the chamber of oxygenated fuel with 3 arms around it?
No.
Are the arms thicker? Do they look like they'll last longer in the extremes of internal combustion?
No.
What are the OEM plugs? $2.50 each?
Your best bet for a Volvo is Bosch plugs (in Japanese engines you're better off with NGK or Denso) with the correct material & gap for your specific engine. For Toyota's the latest and greatest seems to be iridium, and they generally last about 100k miles, but I must apologize as I know nothing about German engines, but I'd assume they've gotten similar results.
I just don't trust gimmicks, especially when the physics don't make sense. The spark is going to take the path of least resistance regardless of how many options you give it. The more resilient that path is, the longer you're going to achieve optimal performance. It's not Rocket Surgery! 😜

What you are saying is what I used to think, until I saw the video and read the comments, after that I got curios.
I have anyhow given in to my gadget desire and ordered them, together with a set of blue cables, because my car has a blue interior and I was thinking that my car might like the blue ones and run better.
They are also of better quality then my cheap Biltema ones that I use now, it's gonna be interesting to see if it runs better, and especially if it will idle smother.

The Blue Plug wires will almost certainly help significantly! So in the spirit of evaluation, I would suggest changing those first and see how much difference it makes. Maybe even drive a few days before actually changing the plugs.

So What's going on anyway? Is it idling rough? Does it run better cold or does it smooth out after it warms up? Any misses or pings while accelerating?

It idles a little bit rough when it's cold, not much but enought to annoy me.
I'm also just curious to see if I can get better mileage.
I will change the plugs first and see if it makes any difference, I will drive at least to fill ups and see what mileage I get, and then I'll change the wires as well and do the same procedure.
The plugs should arrive at the end of the month, I might even make a video out of the changing.

Cold idle could very well be weak wires or worn plugs either one. Could also be restricted or leaky air intake/MAF sensor.

Careful in your experiment, as the reason I recommended changing the wires first is because I find that cheap or compromised wires tend to self destruct when you try to pull them loose from the plugs.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 08:25:30 AM

This is what artillery shelling at night is like.
City of Mykolajiv last night. https://twitter.com/i/status/1502648498155573255

It's probably rocketartillery BM-21 Grad
Copetech

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 08:39:44 AM

They have even misspelled the word ENGINE in the main image on their site (they've typed ENIGINE) and have not bothered to correct it... I spotted it virtually instantly on my first visit to their site.

Just a fancy-looking spark plug with probably no real benefit IMHO... I'd just buy a set of high quality Japanese NGK ones instead.

My understanding is that if you have a German/European car you should use Bosch plugs for best performance. If you have a Japanese car you should use NGK or Denso plugs. And if you have an American (Ford/Chevy/Dodge/GM) you should check the brand of plugs to determine what you should buy to replace the defective car. No sense paying good money for a BMW when you already have a perfectly good set of NGK plugs. 😜
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 08:57:19 AM

They have even misspelled the word ENGINE in the main image on their site (they've typed ENIGINE) and have not bothered to correct it... I spotted it virtually instantly on my first visit to their site.

Just a fancy-looking spark plug with probably no real benefit IMHO... I'd just buy a set of high quality Japanese NGK ones instead.

My understanding is that if you have a German/European car you should use Bosch plugs for best performance. If you have a Japanese car you should use NGK or Denso plugs. And if you have an American (Ford/Chevy/Dodge/GM) you should check the brand of plugs to determine what you should buy to replace the defective car. No sense paying good money for a BMW when you already have a perfectly good set of NGK plugs. 😜

If you have a newer car the recommendation is without a doubt to use whatever the manufacturer recommends.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 09:01:26 AM

Explanation
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 09:29:14 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (10)

Quoting for future Wall Observer historians:

1 unit of #dirtyfiat 💵 gets you this much #bitcoin:

🇺🇸 $1 USD = 2558 sat
🇪🇺 €1 EUR = 2792 sat
🇬🇧 £1 GBP = 3335 sat
🇨🇭 1 CHF = 2729 sat
🇸🇬 $1 SGD = 1899 sat
🇦🇺 $1 AUD = 1866 sat
🇨🇳 ¥1 CNY = 403 sat
🇭🇰 $1 HKD = 327 sat
🇷🇺 ₽1 RUB = 27 sat
🇯🇵 ¥1 JPY = 22 sat

https://twitter.com/FiatHealth/status/1502769042083528716
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 09:56:47 AM

Quoting for future Wall Observer historians:

1 unit of #dirtyfiat 💵 gets you this much #bitcoin:

🇺🇸 $1 USD = 2558 sat
🇪🇺 €1 EUR = 2792 sat
🇬🇧 £1 GBP = 3335 sat
🇨🇭 1 CHF = 2729 sat
🇸🇬 $1 SGD = 1899 sat
🇦🇺 $1 AUD = 1866 sat
🇨🇳 ¥1 CNY = 403 sat
🇭🇰 $1 HKD = 327 sat
🇷🇺 ₽1 RUB = 27 sat
🇯🇵 ¥1 JPY = 22 sat

https://twitter.com/FiatHealth/status/1502769042083528716

Any particular reason you are discriminating against SEK?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 10:01:21 AM

Explanation
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 10:01:56 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2022, 10:12:17 AM by Arriemoller

Remember Igor who found a Tor unit while taking a stroll in the woods.
Someone added him to the current operators of the system on wikipedia. "Igor from Ukraine 1 system". LOL.
https://twitter.com/nichtfex/status/1501973925537923073?s=21

Igor and his Tor.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 10:19:55 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Are we gonna break $69,420 USD/BTC, or nuke ourselves to death first?

Most of us won't get nuked to death but will rather die slowly after we run out of neighbors to eat, so at that point 1

hey i live near an air force base. nukes go flying i plan to sit out on the deck while burning down a fattie with pink floyd playing at max volume. cuz "surviving" nuclear war.. well its kinda a oxymoron..
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 11:01:22 AM

Explanation
Little590

Activity: 3
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 11:35:37 AM

This is something you JJG and obviously other guys  Grin, should watch, and for part of you wish: DIG DEEPER - do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsc-Vf3i_-o

nobody like go towards: Slow Suicide

I watched it.. about 13 minutes of experience/perspective of life in a bunker.

I am not quite sure why you are saying that guys like me (and I suppose other regular members in this thread) need to watch this video.  What is the point that you want us to get from this?  There are life and death issues that people have to deal with and we should take that into account?  I am not sure about the point.. Yes, he is saying that he does not want to be conquered and would rather die than be conquered by the Russians.  

Of course, if someone is in a warzone and they have bombs dropping around them, their priorities are going to change.  Of course, any of us could end up in that kind of situation in short notice, without realizing that such a situation is coming.  Again.. is there something specific that you are directing towards me and other guys here degxtra1?

You understand that the fact that a lot of shorts are opening up does not necessarily mean that the BTC price is going down, right? even though you can see that people are betting BIG in that DOWNity direction, right?

Usually if you quote someone, you need to say who it is.... even better if you provide a link (kind of like a bonus courtesy)   Otherwise readers are going to get confused, and you might get blamed for the lack of attribution.. including that you should know better than to fail/refuse to make such proper attributions.

Thanks. For proper advice
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 12:01:29 PM

Explanation
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
March 13, 2022, 12:06:13 PM

#Bitcoin v "Crypto"
2022 year to date:

https://twitter.com/btcschellingpt/status/1502816969149788161?s=21
Pages: « 1 ... 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 30293 30294 30295 30296 [30297] 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 30318 30319 30320 30321 30322 30323 30324 30325 30326 30327 30328 30329 30330 30331 30332 30333 30334 30335 30336 30337 30338 30339 30340 30341 30342 30343 30344 30345 30346 30347 ... 33308 »
  Print  

Jump to: