April 28, 2024, 04:27:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30749 30750 30751 30752 30753 30754 30755 30756 30757 30758 30759 30760 30761 30762 30763 30764 30765 30766 30767 30768 30769 30770 30771 30772 30773 30774 30775 30776 30777 30778 30779 30780 30781 30782 30783 30784 30785 30786 30787 30788 30789 30790 30791 30792 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 [30799] 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368755 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 11:04:54 PM

Explanation
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 11:16:50 PM
Merited by Dabs (1)

Just refreshed my neurons with my passphrase on my Trezor. Everything is as I left it, except for some dust amounts of BTC that some unknown entity has been regularly depositing to my wallet. I guess this is done to "mark" my wallet and track any future movement of my coins. Well, FUCK YOU, whoever you are, your dust will never be moved from there, so feel free to send more...
They could track your future movements without marking it? They just need to know your address or do you mean by combing the dust into change and finding out your other addresses you have in the same wallet?
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 11:23:54 PM
Merited by Dabs (1)

The Fed launching their own shitcoin soon. Another so-called conspiracy becoming reality.

What to do and what to invest in:
A digital currency with 10-20% inflation tied to ridiculous un-payable national debt or one without any of that crap.

Huh

Hope they call it Brrrrrrcoin  Cheesy
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 11:29:05 PM
Merited by Dabs (1)

Elon Musk's Networth:

2020 - $20 billion
2022 - $220 billion

Once his net worth will be below $100 billion, I might call that a bottom.
What do u say?  Roll Eyes

Did you see the Tesla price hikes?

Musk must be trying to get to a trillion.

Elon starts his company building really expensive EVs that no one can afford, then brags about building more affordable EVs, and now is heading back to building really expensive EVs that no one can afford.  Roll Eyes
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 11:37:09 PM

Literally no one:

Me: Jim Cramer is a total clown fraud

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 11:52:07 PM

i don't think comparison is valid from any angle at that time what was the volume I don't it will be even close to the 10% of today's. Today's market is mature by every mean so this is not valid at all.
That's what people told me when I posted 2018 vs 2022 BTC Chart and said we are in similar pattern.
And guess what? It got executed exactly that way.

Thread I am referring to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5397762.0

TOTAL Crypto Market Cap was at $740 billion in 2018 and $3 Trillion in 2022.
Wasn't it mature too? We are at $880 billion at the moment.

Anything can happen mate.

I just clicked on that other thread of yours.. and yes., that was about bitcoin.. so why are you bringing up total crypto in these here parts?  why should we give any shits about "total crypto"?

but then perhaps at some point, there might be situations in which there is a feeling of having too much BTC, too..

batslap.jpg

tf?

your latest firmware is an abjact failure, tell the devs to get it right with this latest seemingly alpha quality upgrade.

just sayin.. cuz we care about you. #nohomo

lookie, lookie, lookie @ uie poo-ie...

pickin on dee wee widdo nice & innocent boi..

Don't we all gets our lil selfies into some internal contradictions here and there and once in a short while?

#asking_4_a_fiend

It seems that the longer that any of us have been in BTC, then we figure out some systems that kind of work for us to attempt to be able to take advantage of the BIGGER BTC price swings...   buy more frequently or even more quantity when the BTC price is going down.. and don't buy as much when it is going up or maybe even selling some BTC when the price is going up.. but then perhaps at some point, there might be situations in which there is a feeling of having too much BTC, too.. if that is possible...?   perhaps?  perhaps? 

Maybe. But I'm nowhere near "too much" and I think I'm sufficiently non-aggressive at buying to ever get to "too-much"
(again, except for catastrophes). Everyone should do their own math and figure out the balance of comfort and excitement. I'm not trying to take advantage of some specific swing or trend. Questionable risk/reward aside, for me it's just too time-consuming and/or stressful to attempt that.

I have sold small-ish amounts three times in the last 2 years: at ~12, ~37, and ~51 (or 52 or whatever) so not particularly well "timed".  But thanks to the recent dippening, only one of those sales hasn't been bought back yet, and even if it dips below 12 I still won't have "too much" but I will have a lot more BTC than I started with, so my stress-free low-maintenance get-rich-or-bankrupt-slowly "strategy" seems to be working fine.

Incidentally, I had noticed some of you historical posts that have a tendency to have a tone that happens to be a wee bit less excited about our lil precious than what I feel about myself - in my own self-assessment.

But, sure of course it would not be easy to judge your seemingly less enthusiasm about dee cornz without knowing more of your various personal financial and psychological circumstances - and not even that I would want to necessarily know intricate details unless maybe we happen to be in a bar shooting the shit.. and then we might get into those kinds of discussions.. you never know?

By the way, it seems to me that I only name-call my fellow forum members as being too whimpy when they provide me with some level of detail in which I can hook onto it.. hahahaha looking at you Biodom.. (I cannot help myself sometimes)

You, me and Biodom have a similar forum age, so in that regard, sometimes there are some abilities to frame these kinds of whimpy or not matters in terms of something like a quasi-middle of the road $50 per week DCA strategy, which should have gotten such person somewhere in the ballpark of 22.6 BTC, but surely we all make mistakes.. and sometimes we end up having to start over.. like my own ability to ONLY get above 0.63 BTC.. but still I am not talking about me.. Instead, I have been attempting to talk about ways to attempt to measure whether even some relatively modest BTC accumulation strategies may well have ended up bringing some comfortable results.. even when mistakes happen to have been made along the way..

Historically, it was pretty damned common for me to suggest that guys and gal just get started with DCA investing into BTC with $10 per week, and since March 2020, I have been more inclined to suggest $100 per week.. even though I understand that some folks are in economies in which they are really struggling even to come up with $10 per week extra cashflow... but we try to do what we can, and generally speaking quite a few normies with cashflow in western societies should be able to reasonably come up with $100 per week or more to invest into bitcoin.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4874

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 11:52:23 PM

Classic, long overdue, Micheal Saylor hopium:

Emily Chang is hot.

I like this guy more and more as time goes on.
Gachapin

Activity: 896
Merit: 1840

bitcoin retard

View Profile
June 17, 2022, 11:53:22 PM

Adam Back still sees 100k possible by eoy
https://twitter.com/adam3us/status/1537532815478243329?t=U4wAtpfr4aRfvBXZxu0NJg&s=19

5x not impossible in half a year, but sounds quite extreme... however we all know, this is Bitcoin and extreme it is...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 12:01:25 AM

Explanation
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 12:05:19 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Post archived in multiple places (archive.ph, Wayback), because it is drastically changed from the original (LoyceV, backup, more backup):

Just refreshed my neurons with my passphrase on my Trezor. Everything is as I left it, except for some dust amounts of BTC that some unknown entity has been regularly depositing to my wallet. I guess this is done to "mark" my wallet and track any future movement of my coins. Well, FUCK YOU, whoever you are, your dust will never be moved from there, so feel free to send more...

My advice to cold storage HoDLers: refresh your neurons with your passphrase/PIN/whatever you use to protect your wallet, by viewing your cold storage balance every 6 months or so. You never know when your memory may fail and you end up not being able to remember the key(s) to your precious coins.

Everything's in order, waiting for the dip to end, and for a slow, organic, healthy UPpity movement to commence.

GTCTTWW.
This is fine.
HoDL.

You could donate it to Dabs if you don't want it. As he told me, he is in an uncomfortable financial situation and could use any and all help. Maybe WO should help him out?

Is this now acceptable behaviour?  Asking “because reasons” I have been evasively not replying to Jay’s advice that I should DCA $10/week.  Same reasons I had earlier flipped out when bitebits told me to use my fiat to save my BTC (sorry, bitebits... you didn’t know me).  “Uncomfortable financial situation” does not even begin to describe it.  I lack food security going forward.  It is not the first time for me.  I rebuilt my life from scratch around assets that are now gone, when I am in poor health with other difficult circumstances that are nobody’s business but my own.  It was a hell of a struggle.  And the decisive (un)reason why I started getting stupid a few months ago was time pressure.  It was not greediness:  It was neediness.  Young, spry folks can afford to have patience.  I cannot afford to scrimp, save, and build up assets for another five years to be “set for life”—I do not have it in me!  I ran out of time long ago.  I am supposed to be bloody retired, with zero pressure... write code when I can, or read some books... otherwise, just rest.  I need it right now—right now.

Dabs has PM-begged in the past.  He has history about that, so this is not even a one-off problem caused by the market crash which affects us all.  It is habitual for him.  I am concerned if he is asking around for money now—while showering merit blindly (including on a merit-abusing bounty spammer account!).

If taking up personal donations for “uncomfortable financial situations” is now acceptable behaviour in WO (or anywhere on this forum!), then this is another example of me getting burned for being too principled.  I would have real money now, if not for principles.  It is not only my saying that; I have sometimes had friends yell at me for it.  Now, hey, I am a privacy expert.  I have no qualms about coins from any source—I don’t care if a coin comes straight from the CEO of Chainalysis—no one would ever find where the money goes, LOL.  Oh, no...  I say to burn the precious money in OP_RETURN, or donate it to miners just to get rid of it.  Then, I get to watch someone incite someone else to pass the hat around WO, due to whatever sob story of needy needy needs.

Fuck me, I’m stupid.  I like to eat, too.

I must emphasize that I have been at pains to avoid any implication whatsoever of seeking money from people when I am clearly in financial desperation.  I am not here for that!  When I made Jr. rank and set a signature, I did not even put in a tip address—as you have in your otherwise unpaid signature, Jay, and as you are entitled to.  I am likewise so entitled; I often spend an absurd amount of time and effort writing posts that people value, on topics unrelated to the state of my personal finances.  I may put up a tip address sometime, but I am especially reluctant to because of my current financial situation.  I do not want for anyone to get the wrong idea about me.  I mercilessly report beggars for violation of forum rules.

I am 0% jealous of people who did it right, who now have cash on the orderbooks as their wallets swell with cheap bitcoins.  Congratulations.  But if anyone starts getting free money thrown at him because please sir I have needs, I will be... understandably not amused.  Just to see that is a slap in the face to me.

For the record, I am not asking for money.  I will proudly take my reputation to my grave.  I think my point is clear.
PokestarFan

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 12:17:51 AM

My advice to cold storage HoDLers: refresh your neurons with your passphrase/PIN/whatever you use to protect your wallet, by viewing your cold storage balance every 6 months or so. You never know when your memory may fail and you end up not being able to remember the key(s) to your precious coins.

Everything's in order, waiting for the dip to end, and for a slow, organic, healthy UPpity movement to commence.

GTCTTWW.
This is fine.
HoDL.

You could donate it to Dabs if you don't want it. As he told me, he is in an uncomfortable financial situation and could use any and all help. Maybe WO should help him out?
If he really was in such a situation that he basically would be bankrupt without bitcoin, he should have pulled at least enough out that there was a crutch for when the price inevitably goes down. It's not like a sharp drop in price wasn't inevitable.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1656

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2022, 12:23:08 AM

Dabs has PM-begged in the past.  

Can you show us the proof for this? You obviously have proof for your claims? I have never been asked by him for anything up until now. The story he gave me was very realistic and I can empathize with his situation. You are making him seem like some sort of scammer when his reputation seems to be squeaky clean?
PokestarFan

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 12:25:11 AM

https://twitter.com/adam3us/status/1537532815478243329?t=U4wAtpfr4aRfvBXZxu0NJg&s=19

5x not impossible in half a year, but sounds quite extreme... however we all know, this is Bitcoin and extreme it is...

I hate to break it to him but bitcoin only went up as high as it did due to record-low interest rates and a fuck ton of pandemic money hitting investors. It's delusional expecting this to happen with a looming recession and some nasty inflation in a lot of countries.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2049
Merit: 1184

Never selling

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 12:37:07 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

I hate to break it to him but bitcoin only went up as high as it did due to record-low interest rates and a fuck ton of pandemic money hitting investors. It's delusional expecting this to happen with a looming recession and some nasty inflation in a lot of countries.

Record low interest rates and a fuck ton of money is exactly what is coming down the line if the Fed overdoes things and causes Japan, EU to burn. What do you think the chances are that the Fed overdoes things? And even if they do manage a soft landing, they will still need to ease as their is still too much debt in the system to have a sustaiable recovery without easing. One way or another BTC is going to 100k. If the Fed fucks this up it could easily be the end of this year. If they are a bit more delicate, 100k is delayed for a few years, either way it is happening.

Also, take note of their CBDC talk. It has fuck all to do with competing with BTC or shitcoins, and everything to do with allowing the Fed to do very controlled fiscal stimulus. At the moment the Fed can only do monetary. The difference is massive.
Heater

Activity: 403
Merit: 360

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 12:37:41 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

They could track your future movements without marking it? They just need to know your address or do you mean by combing the dust into change and finding out your other addresses you have in the same wallet?
I never understood the reasoning behind these dust transactions.

As an example, the amount of dust sent out from this address over the years is crazy:

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1FFirnLctcZxVx5otnLNZ4dDGUkMBM4vNr

Many of the recipients have spent the coins.
death_wish

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 12:39:27 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Can you show us the proof for this? You obviously have proof for your claims? I have never been asked by him for anything up until now. The story he gave me was very realistic and I can empathize with his situation. You are making him seem like some sort of scammer when his reputation seems to be squeaky clean?

If I am for whatever reason aware of something that transpired once upon a time in PMs somewhere, it is obviously not something for which I can toss you a link.

It would go easier for Dabs here, if he were to be a gentleman and step in here to admit that he has randomly PMed out of the blue asking for money before.  Dabs?  I have no grudge against Dabs, though I will if he doesn’t man up here instead of hiding behind you, goldkingcoiner.

As for you, goldkingcoiner, I wonder:  Are you willing to bet with me on whether proof will turn up?  On what odds?  You seem so sure.  I won’t take charity, but I will happily take money from winning a wager; and you are so caring about needy situations, you are shamelessly ignore forum rules in a roundabout way.  (They are “unofficial rules” for this reason:  They are flexible, “spirit of the rules” types of rules.)

Your post #60384355 has been duly reported to the moderators.

7. No begging. [5]
I mercilessly report beggars for violation of forum rules.

Edited to add:  goldkingcoiner, “making him seem like some sort of scammer” is your interpretation.  I do not hereby reach commenting on that interpretation either way.

I stated a fact:  Dabs has PM-begged for money in the past.  Now, you indicate that he is asking around for money behind the scenes; and you are publicly begging for money on his behalf.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1656

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2022, 12:43:56 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2022, 12:54:35 AM by goldkingcoiner

If I am for whatever reason aware of something that transpired once upon a time in PMs somewhere, it is obviously not something for which I can toss you a link.

It would go easier for Dabs here, if he were to be a gentleman and step in here to admit that he has randomly PMed out of the blue asking for money before.  Dabs?  I have no grudge against Dabs, though I will if he doesn’t man up here instead of hiding behind you, goldkingcoiner.

As for you, goldkingcoiner, I wonder:  Are you willing to bet with me on whether proof will turn up?  On what odds?  You seem so sure.  I won’t take charity, but I will happily take money from winning a wager; and you are so caring about needy situations, you are shamelessly ignore forum rules in a roundabout way.  (They are “unofficial rules” for this reason:  They are flexible, “spirit of the rules” types of rules.)

Your post #60384355 has been duly reported to the moderators.

7. No begging. [5]
I mercilessly report beggars for violation of forum rules.

I was not begging for him, I was asking WO if we could help him out and suggesting any unwanted accumulation of dusted BTC can go towards that goal. Neither am I sure whether or not he is sincere. But I asked him if he was looking for a job and he gladly accepted my offer to ask some people I know whether they need a community manager or something. That does not sound like begging to me, it sounds like taking any opportunity to earn his own money.

And why would an old member with so much trust, merit and history on his profile on Bitcointalk be lying about a despicable situation that he is trying to get out of? And all that for a few peanuts? That does not make sense to me. Report me if you want, you're still a jackass in my book either way. Enjoy my shitlist.
death_wish

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 12:54:10 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2022, 01:04:27 AM by death_wish

I was not begging for him, I was asking WO if we could help him out and suggesting any unwanted BTC can go towards that goal. Neither am I sure whether or not he is sincere. But why would an old member with so much trust, merit and history on his profile on Bitcointalk be lying about a despicable situation that he is trying to get out of? And all that for a few peanuts? That does not make sense to me. Report me if you want, you're still a jackass in my book either way.

Consistently with the note that I appended at the end of my prior post before I saw your reply:

I am not accusing Dabs of lying about whatever situation he claims to be in.  You are inserting that here as your strawman, goldkingcoiner.

Some people repeatedly get themselves into desperate situations.  (I know this, all too personally.)  Maybe he was telling the truth before—maybe not.  Maybe he is telling the truth now—maybe not.  It is irrelevant to anything that I said.

I said that Dabs has PM-begged before—and now, you are publicly begging on his behalf.  Right in front of someone who is clearly at least as desperate as Dabs, but who is taking the high road.  You’re the jackass.  Don’t you care about my desperate situation?

Incidentally, this is why begging is against forum rules.  Lots of people are genuinely in need.

So, are you a betting man, goldkingcoiner?

Edited to add, for the record:  goldkingcoiner is also lying about his own post when put it in terms of “any unwanted BTC”.  His post started with that, then segued immediately into a general beg.  (Not that asking for “any unwanted BTC” would be ok, but that’s not even what this was.)

Post archived in multiple places (archive.ph, Wayback), because it is drastically changed from the original (LoyceV, backup, more backup):

[...]

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 01:01:19 AM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4874

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 01:10:12 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), HI-TEC99 (1), DireWolfM14 (1)

Pages: « 1 ... 30749 30750 30751 30752 30753 30754 30755 30756 30757 30758 30759 30760 30761 30762 30763 30764 30765 30766 30767 30768 30769 30770 30771 30772 30773 30774 30775 30776 30777 30778 30779 30780 30781 30782 30783 30784 30785 30786 30787 30788 30789 30790 30791 30792 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 [30799] 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: