May 02, 2024, 06:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4496 4497 4498 4499 4500 4501 4502 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 [4546] 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:30:58 PM

even now in this time of FUD the market is flooding with new users...

Where do you see that the market is flooding with new users?
What I see is that there is only volume after during and after another drop in price. After that there will be a slow downwards slope with decreasing volume, until another drop. And that is the slow downward trend that Bitcoin has been in the past 2 months.
Some people are saying that NOW is the time when the downwards trend switched upwards, but based on what?! Based on "I have a feeling that it is going upwards"? There hasn't been a single development that would make bitcoin more attractive to speculators. If you want to invest in a shoe store company, then you want to see it open more stores and sell more shoes. With bitcoin, the market system is actually breaking apart more then growing. Growing of the market system is the real thing that will great speculative demand and that is the real thing that sets the price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:38:51 PM

I had an epiphany at lunch. Gox will succeed in spite of all the crap they are pulling.  Why do I think this?  Because in a very weird way Gox has created the perfect gambling web site.  People see the undervalued or overvalued price and with the same rush of adrenalin they get as a "fun" trip to Vegas, they throw their money in with hopes to take advantage of the "game" even if they may very well lose everything.  
I thought about having an epiphany at lunchtime too, but local deli was out of them.

Sorry for the incorrect grammar.

C'mon.  Give a girl a break.  I am from California.  You guys are lucky I am not saying things like "I was totally stoked that during lunch I had this crazy like epiphany dude!"

I am doing my best here. Wink

Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see the error in "I had an epiphany at lunch." It's a bit of a stretch, since epiphany implies that something mundane led you to your flash of enlightenment (think: Dr. House), but as far as I know it is not out-and-out incorrect.

I suppose the correct sentence should have been "I had an epiphany during lunch."  I will try not to have any more of these because it has caused much debate over grammar, which brings back bad flashbacks of high-school English class. Wink
delphic

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:39:48 PM

I had an epiphany at lunch. Gox will succeed in spite of all the crap they are pulling.  Why do I think this?  Because in a very weird way Gox has created the perfect gambling web site.  People see the undervalued or overvalued price and with the same rush of adrenalin they get as a "fun" trip to Vegas, they throw their money in with hopes to take advantage of the "game" even if they may very well lose everything.  
I thought about having an epiphany at lunchtime too, but local deli was out of them.

C'mon.  Give a girl a break.  I am from California.  You guys are lucky I am not saying things like "I was totally stoked that during lunch I had this crazy like epiphany dude!"

Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see the error in "I had an epiphany at lunch." It's a bit of a stretch, since epiphany implies that something mundane led you to your flash of enlightenment (think: Dr. House), but as far as I know it is not out-and-out incorrect.
I don't fault Bitchicks grammar, I was just feigning ignorance and imagining that an epiphany was edible.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:46:41 PM

I don't fault Bitchicks grammar, I was just feigning ignorance and imagining that an epiphany was edible.

Delphic, your impressive poetry yesterday has shown a light on my inferior writing abilities.  I say that with utmost sincerity, BTW.

Here is a recap for those that missed it:
Quote from: delphic on February 16, 2014, 02:32:05 PM
Quote from: JorgeStolfi on February 16, 2014, 01:10:33 PM
Startled at the stillness broken, by a crash so rudely woken,
"Doubtless", said I, "news should matter of the overstock and stores;
call upon a Wall Street master, stop the unmerciful disaster,
it's falling fast and falling faster..." till the charts one burden bore,
"Monday morrow he will fail us... as he has failed us before."
And withdrawals? "Nevermore."

And the Karpeles, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the blue ball of plastic just above the wooden floor;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his bitcoins on the floor;
And my coins from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted--nevermore!

CryptStorm

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:46:59 PM

I had an epiphany at lunch. Gox will succeed in spite of all the crap they are pulling.  Why do I think this?  Because in a very weird way Gox has created the perfect gambling web site.  People see the undervalued or overvalued price and with the same rush of adrenalin they get as a "fun" trip to Vegas, they throw their money in with hopes to take advantage of the "game" even if they may very well lose everything. 

C'mon.  Give a girl a break.  I am from California.  You guys are lucky I am not saying things like "I was totally stoked that during lunch I had this crazy like epiphany dude!"

Delphic, don't worry, I got your joke-- it was all lulz IMO too. Smiley

As for usage of stoked, yes an engine can be stoked, as can a flame, and in a similar vein, so too can be a human, as in:
"Brah, stoked, double over head."
"Yeah, it's killer out there".
"Dude."
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:53:03 PM

I had an epiphany at lunch.

What is wrong with having an epiphany at lunch, grammatically or philosophically?  I had quite a few myself.

On the other hand, I think that having an epiphany for lunch would be unwise, nutritionally.  One would feel very hungry by 3pm.  Smiley
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:54:17 PM

I´ve done some more analysis and we can clearly see the blood puking vultures formation right now. Again, it doesn´t look very good for Bitcoins future  Undecided

traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:55:38 PM

I´ve done some more analysis and we can clearly see the puking vultures formation right now. Again, it doesn´t look very good for Bitcoins future  Undecided

SEEMS LEGIT
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:58:01 PM

What is wrong with having an epiphany at lunch, grammatically or philosophically?  I had quite a few myself.

On the other hand, I think that having an epiphany for lunch would be unwise, nutritionally.  One would feel very hungry by 3pm.  Smiley

Yes! The epiphany diet!  Forget Bitcoin!!  I have a new way to make millions. Wink
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:59:59 PM

Yes! The epiphany diet!  Forget Bitcoin!!  I have a new way to make millions. Wink

I'd estimate that this diet is probably healthier than at least half of the other fad diets out there.
tonyq
Legendary

Activity: 879

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:01:40 AM

I'd estimate that this diet is probably healthier than at least half of the other fad diets out there.
Did you mean fud diets?
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:02:15 AM

I love the things that end up being discussed to help pass the time during these uncertain times. However let them eat epiphany!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:02:54 AM

Explanation
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:04:40 AM

People are always talking about trolls and how they are doing it on purpose. But what you define as a troll is simply a person with a view against the majority (not always) which automatically puts him in the troll category. Isn't this another form of dictatorship where anyone with an opinion against the majority, no matter how wrong, right or emotionally driven his opinion is, gets completely dismissed without any logical arguments against his claims but just simply labled a troll like an automatic knee jerk reaction.  
octaft

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:04:48 AM

Did you mean fud diets?

No. That would be a diet of ingesting too many fonzie posts. Wink
kkaspar

Activity: 140

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:06:50 AM

Well we agree all but on the one point then... (in bold)

With that point I do not agree that is the case, the entire market dispite these recent newses developments i.e China, Mtgox,code bug vs code feature, is stronger than it has ever been.... with more backing and interest than it has ever had... more regulatory clarity than it has ever had around the globe.. more investment and more users than it has ever had... and also it is still standing..  these are all very good signs.... the money is invested and is seeding and fruiting now already, the regulations are being written, the ecosystem built, the users and belivers are all talking and eventually even their grans are going to have Bitcoin walllets if they want them or not (in my family anyway)  so it is those wheels in motion as we speak, right now that money, those devs, that work, the plans, the work of lawsky and co on the regs, all of these things are occuring right now.. as I type. So it is that coupled with an understanding of the power of network effect, coupled with the fact that I do not see Mt Gox taking down Bitcoin, I do not see the malleability issue doing so either, I do not see it being banned, so in the mid term I cannot see any reason wy it would go down in price either.. thats my point...   I  think that the problems will get less as the ecosystem develops which it is doing so, and as soon as Lawsky & Co do their thing, and the legal picture is clear , then the projects will spring up everywhere (some are already in dev now ,and some will start once regs are clearer) and the ecosystem will spring up super quick, and some of the big players that spring up next, will be in the public domain for decades.. These developments are happening right now  they are the foundations... they have been poured, and they are now just getting ready to set.

Do you consider that last year the price at $1100+ was unstable and to high, and that we have just had "bitcoin going lower"  
Else, what is your ideal figure I wonder? and why ?

With that point I do not agree that is the case, the entire market dispite these recent newses developments i.e China, Mtgox,code bug vs code feature, is stronger than it has ever been.... with more backing and interest than it has ever had...

Please don't make these long and boring speeches on how strong you think that the market is. I can see how "strong" the market is by looking at how "well" it preforms. Only time when the price has any momentum to go upwards is right after an major fall. I don't work in a way that "encouraging words about the strength of bitcoin will keep my faith". I can see that the only reason why bitcoin price hasn't plummeted yet is because of "the cult of hodling" and the ASIC market. I see that the main reason is that miners payed good money for their ASICs, that won't bring in any ROI with these prices. So, this is a desperate hold and it can't last like that forever. Over time, miners are cutting their losses and selling their mining equipment and coins cheap. This will eventually trigger the hodlers to sell also, and that is the final end of this stupid and overly stretched dead cat bounce.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:08:05 AM

People are always talking about trolls and how they are doing it on purpose. But what you define as a troll is simply a person with a view against the majority which automatically puts him in the troll category. Isn't this another form of dictatorship where anyone with an opinion against the majority, no matter how wrong, right or emotionally driven his opinion is, gets completely dismissed without any logical arguments against his claims but just simply labled a troll like an automatic knee jerk reaction.  

Nope.

There's reasoned argument which people will be prepared to listen to and debate. Then there's trollishness where the same angles are pounded over and over and over again in a mindless manner regardless of what's actually going on. I truly don't understand where they find the time and the inclination.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 12:08:39 AM

People are always talking about trolls and how they are doing it on purpose. But what you define as a troll is simply a person with a view against the majority (not always) which automatically puts him in the troll category. Isn't this another form of dictatorship where anyone with an opinion against the majority, no matter how wrong, right or emotionally driven his opinion is, gets completely dismissed without any logical arguments against his claims but just simply labled a troll like an automatic knee jerk reaction.  

We're not talking about bears. Read the article.
octaft

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:08:51 AM

People are always talking about trolls and how they are doing it on purpose. But what you define as a troll is simply a person with a view against the majority which automatically puts him in the troll category. Isn't this another form of dictatorship where anyone with an opinion against the majority, no matter how wrong, right or emotionally driven his opinion is, gets completely dismissed without any logical arguments against his claims but just simply labled a troll like an automatic knee jerk reaction.  

There is a difference between "I think bitcoin is going down, here is my objective analysis" and "OMFG SELL SELL SELL BITCOIN IS DEAD!" If you say the first one, and I disagree with you, I will calmly explain why. I will dismiss the second one as ridiculous and ignore it.

Notice that the same can be said for bull trolls, it's just that they get less heat because they're saying what most on here want to hear.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:13:28 AM

Well we agree all but on the one point then... (in bold)

With that point I do not agree that is the case, the entire market dispite these recent newses developments i.e China, Mtgox,code bug vs code feature, is stronger than it has ever been.... with more backing and interest than it has ever had... more regulatory clarity than it has ever had around the globe.. more investment and more users than it has ever had... and also it is still standing..  these are all very good signs.... the money is invested and is seeding and fruiting now already, the regulations are being written, the ecosystem built, the users and belivers are all talking and eventually even their grans are going to have Bitcoin walllets if they want them or not (in my family anyway)  so it is those wheels in motion as we speak, right now that money, those devs, that work, the plans, the work of lawsky and co on the regs, all of these things are occuring right now.. as I type. So it is that coupled with an understanding of the power of network effect, coupled with the fact that I do not see Mt Gox taking down Bitcoin, I do not see the malleability issue doing so either, I do not see it being banned, so in the mid term I cannot see any reason wy it would go down in price either.. thats my point...   I  think that the problems will get less as the ecosystem develops which it is doing so, and as soon as Lawsky & Co do their thing, and the legal picture is clear , then the projects will spring up everywhere (some are already in dev now ,and some will start once regs are clearer) and the ecosystem will spring up super quick, and some of the big players that spring up next, will be in the public domain for decades.. These developments are happening right now  they are the foundations... they have been poured, and they are now just getting ready to set.

Do you consider that last year the price at $1100+ was unstable and to high, and that we have just had "bitcoin going lower"  
Else, what is your ideal figure I wonder? and why ?

With that point I do not agree that is the case, the entire market dispite these recent newses developments i.e China, Mtgox,code bug vs code feature, is stronger than it has ever been.... with more backing and interest than it has ever had...

Please don't make these long and boring speeches on how strong you think that the market is. I can see how "strong" the market is by looking at how "well" it preforms (correlation is not causation). Only time when the price has any momentum to go upwards is right after an major fall (historically incorrect). I don't work in a way that "encouraging words about the strength of bitcoin will keep my faith". I can see that the only reason why bitcoin price hasn't plummeted yet is because of "the cult of hodling" and the ASIC market (personal and historically unsubstantiated opinion). I see that the main reason is that miners payed good money for their ASICs, that won't bring in any ROI with these prices. So, this is a desperate (unsubstantiated opinion) hold and it can't last like that forever. Over time, miners are cutting their losses and selling their mining equipment and coins cheap (unsubstantiated opinion). This will eventually trigger the hodlers to sell also, and that is the final end of this stupid (personal and angry opinion)and overly stretched dead cat bounce.

Pages: « 1 ... 4496 4497 4498 4499 4500 4501 4502 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 [4546] 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: