May 02, 2024, 02:57:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 [4590] 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 ... 33315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370923 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:03:07 AM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yololintian

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:04:08 AM

Thank goodness he and his irrelevant and annoyingly long posts are gone.

I did not say that.  Wink

Well, that's good to hear.

However, Windy, I truly believe kindness, trust and patience are the only way to change someone's behaviour, even their attitudes or beliefs.

But all you seem to do here is spread hate and ill-feeling -- it's very sad that a (supposedly) 40 year old (supposed) millionaire feels compelled to act like that towards strangers whose only 'sin' is to disagree with you.  

Look there are intelligent posters, there are trolls and then there is Jorge, who is obsessive compulsive about when Chinese people sleep and just pontificates on this point for thousands of words a day. He hasn't added Ny value to the forum.  He just uses this forum for his own amusement and is yet another clog in the forum wheel that is slowly driving people away. Just go read Ristos thread. So many feel the way I do. The joy here is gone.

Jorge,
Please ignore the trolls/idiots and keep posting your opinions/predictions about bitcoin. I for one appreciate the different perspective you have as compared to most people on this forum. Ignore the trolls and keep giving us insight we would not otherwise be exposed to. Anyone that thinks bitcoin has serious flaws will be derailed on a forum like this, but the keenest people will consider the criticism and accordingly be a little bit more cautious.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:06:36 AM

Isn't it more likely they will post it in the last 10 minutes of thursday? Like they always do?

LOL

btw, I see you're still around. When I first saw someone else borrowing your name, I thought you might have pulled a Jaroslaw/Walsoraj switch. Instead it appears to just be an imitator.

What do they say? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Oh i just put him on ignore haha. Doesn't bother me.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:07:30 AM

I had a fortune cookie at lunch today.
It said "Smart people will take the advice of others, but only the wise will profit from it."
WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

They ran out of the barrel of "stay with your wife" cookies?

EDIT: Oh, and you people use the word "troll" extremely liberally.
medialab101

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:11:59 AM

I had a fortune cookie at lunch today.
It said "Smart people will take the advice of others, but only the wise will profit from it."
WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

I got one today that said, "silence gives answers"...

So... not sure what that means
pjviitas

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:14:51 AM

Couldn't wait any longer...all in BTC.

I just can't see it going any much lower.
ChrisML

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:20:25 AM

Thats a good boy! You made daddy prous  Kiss
Arcas

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:22:58 AM

I would make an image of a graph of April 2013 with a talk bubble pointing right at the peak with the words "I just can't see it going any much lower." in it, but it's late and I'm lazy.
ChrisML

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:29:45 AM

I would make an image of a graph of April 2013 with a talk bubble pointing right at the peak with the words "I just can't see it going any much lower." in it, but it's late and I'm lazy.

"The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before.($800+ btc's)" - Albert Crypto Einstein.
RicePicker

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

RicePicker

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:34:49 AM

If so many people believe that Gox will re enable withdrawals tonight why is there such a large disparity still between the exchanges? I am pretty sure most of the large players at Gox do not believe they will remotely be able to withdrawal any amount over 10+ BTC in a timely manner.   
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:35:24 AM

However, Windy, I truly believe kindness, trust and patience are the only way to change someone's behaviour, even their attitudes or beliefs.

But all you seem to do here is spread hate and ill-feeling -- it's very sad that a (supposedly) 40 year old (supposed) millionaire feels compelled to act like that towards strangers whose only 'sin' is to disagree with you.  

Look there are intelligent posters, there are trolls and then there is Jorge, who is obsessive compulsive about when Chinese people sleep and just pontificates on this point for thousands of words a day. He hasn't added Ny value to the forum.  He just uses this forum for his own amusement and is yet another clog in the forum wheel that is slowly driving people away. Just go read Ristos thread. So many feel the way I do. The joy here is gone.

Jorge,
Please ignore the trolls/idiots and keep posting your opinions/predictions about bitcoin. I for one appreciate the different perspective you have as compared to most people on this forum. Ignore the trolls and keep giving us insight we would not otherwise be exposed to. Anyone that thinks bitcoin has serious flaws will be derailed on a forum like this, but the keenest people will consider the criticism and accordingly be a little bit more cautious.

Yes, I am troll because I actually believe in the viability of the bitcoin technology. And because I don't consider Jorgi's continual price estimations any sort of real TA. They just seem to state the obvious. Here's the current price and we will probably stay within $20 north or south of that. And here are more stats about when Chinese people sleep.

I came to this forum for real substance and real charts and real TA and real speculation. We used to have a lot of that around here.  So that makes me a troll now. Since I don't think bitcoin has "serious flaws" and even though I recognize that there are no guarantees on its adoption and growth I am still a troll. By today's forum standards.  
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:48:14 AM

Jorge,

Yes, I am troll because I actually believe in the viability of the bitcoin technology. And because I don't consider Jorgi's continual price estimations any sort of real TA. They just seem to state the obvious. Here's the current price and we will probably stay within $20 north or south of that. And here are more stats about when Chinese people sleep.

I came to this forum for real substance and real charts and real TA and real speculation. We used to have a lot of that around here.  So that makes me a troll now. Since I don't think bitcoin has "serious flaws" and even though I recognize that there are no guarantees on its adoption and growth I am still a troll. By today's forum standards.  

Your comment is ridiculous.  If you feel that there is NOT very much valuable information here, then why DONT you help in that direction of providing valuable information and encouraging others to provide valuable information... rather than doing the opposite?  

By the way... it seems that we are all just waiting for GOX....... ... surely they are going to stall one more week, no?  or maybe allow withdrawals up to 10BTC per week..... I think stalling may work better for them to continue to engage in arbitrage to make up for whatever short-fallings they have..... but that is just the conspiracy side of me speculating.

Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:51:45 AM

Jorge,

Your comment is ridiculous.  If you feel that there is NOT very much valuable information here, then why DONT you help in that direction of providing valuable information and encouraging others to provide valuable information... rather than doing the opposite?  

Observing that something is of no value does not compel you to create something of value yourself.

Speaking of ridiculous comments... If I said "diamonds are enormously overvalued because of a global cartel" would you say "go mine some gold then, you piece of shit"?

... surely they are going to stall one more week, no?

Probably. That's totally different from insolvency, though.

I wish I was a fly on the wall in that office right now.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2116

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:57:31 AM

Because clearly we're in the midsts of a buying frenzy.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:00:39 AM

ChrisML

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:01:54 AM

Dear sir, explain.
Yololintian

Activity: 293

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:02:07 AM

Jorge,

Observing that something is of no value does not compel you to create something of value yourself.

Speaking of ridiculous comments... If I said "diamonds are enormously overvalued because of a global cartel" would you say "go mine some gold then, you piece of shit"?

I will just disagree with anyone's opinion that Jorge's analysis and opinions are of no value. Really Windjc just attacks him instead of revealing why that analysis doesn't have any value and that is pretty much a type of trolling in my opinion. I like making short term predictions and at least pay attention to anyone trying to make predictions in here because I might learn of new methods for making solid predictions in for the future, which is always valuable when trading.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:02:26 AM

Jorge,

I wish I was too, Vycid. I have been picking up what I call "free bitcions" over at bitcoinbuilder.com. And after the next "bad update" by Gox I may pick up some more if it falls further. Of course, I could be wrong and have lost btc. But I feel like Andreas is about as close to a "fly on the wall" as they come, especially given the fact that Gox personally thanked blockchain.info for their help in the matter - I assume Andreas got to witness first hand how terrible their code is and why its taking this long. I think that was evident in his prediction of 2-4 more weeks before they have it sorted out.

Again, I could be wrong, but in my experiences, just like the contrarians love to do, when everyone is saying that something is doomed - it probably isn't. So, come to me, free bitcoins.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:03:15 AM

Explanation
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:05:03 AM

US exchanges following China following Gox

Could get ugly.
Pages: « 1 ... 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 [4590] 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 ... 33315 »
  Print  

Jump to: