April 26, 2024, 12:37:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20245 20246 20247 20248 20249 20250 20251 20252 20253 20254 20255 20256 20257 20258 20259 20260 20261 20262 20263 20264 20265 20266 20267 20268 20269 20270 20271 20272 20273 20274 20275 20276 20277 20278 20279 20280 20281 20282 20283 20284 20285 20286 20287 20288 20289 20290 20291 20292 20293 20294 [20295] 20296 20297 20298 20299 20300 20301 20302 20303 20304 20305 20306 20307 20308 20309 20310 20311 20312 20313 20314 20315 20316 20317 20318 20319 20320 20321 20322 20323 20324 20325 20326 20327 20328 20329 20330 20331 20332 20333 20334 20335 20336 20337 20338 20339 20340 20341 20342 20343 20344 20345 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:19:36 PM

Good god man!

FTFY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:31:40 PM

... money is a user's claim on resources by agreement of the users group.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:32:11 PM
Merited by Icygreen (2), bitebits (1), soullyG (1)

Roach, please, we got it. It's the Jews! Its' always been them. Can we please move along?
thanks

the only way that  demented nutcase will be cease endlessly repeating his perpetual nazi anti-jew, silver worshipping drivel in here
is if/when...
1. he eventually dies
2. bitcoin and/or this thread dies or
3. he gets banned .

my bet is on  option 1
so unless you ignore ...better get used to it....

The hatred and advocacy of genocide is the evidence of his borderline insane, definitely sociopathic turmoil.  He's been a staple of this thread for years - yet he constantly rants irrationally anti-bitcoin opinions (despite accepting crypto income on his blogs elsewhere).

So, he will die alone I am sure - his level of hateful antisocial and frequently misogynistic bile is only matched by his disgusting advocacy of simply killing millions of people he racially disapproves of. Oh, and he's an open apologist for a certain Mr. Hitler. Who could live with that?

I have him on ignore and anyone who quotes him casually or otherwise is similarly treated.  Mostly because I am appalled by people who are not as offended as they (IMHO) reasonably should be. I have been to Auschwitz/Birkenau, seen the 'banality of evil' - I know how I feel and I feel strongly it's important to fight and speak out against this toxic, dangerous and increasingly normalised shit. The 1930's was not that long ago, right?

Why do I care?  I care because this thread (with his posts tolerated) must look pretty shocking to anyone checking Bitcoin and its advocates out.  It is arguably the most important thread in the Bitcoin world, and the lack of objection, lack of challenges; of freezing out - means we are culpable and liable to be tarred because of the company we seem to keep and apparently (largely) tolerate.

OK - free speech is to be defended, I subscribe to Voltaire's dictum, so he has the right to speak.  But that means people here have the right - arguably the duty... to speak up and object when someone is quite plainly a total narcissistic, hateful, deranged fascist cunt.  Please let's prove you don't have to be racist to be into Bitcoin?

I hope I am part of the (silent) majority here, and not the minority. I trust I am not hoping in vain. 

'and then they came for me'...
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:50:21 PM

Roach, please, we got it. It's the Jews! Its' always been them. Can we please move along?
thanks

the only way that  demented nutcase will be cease endlessly repeating his perpetual nazi anti-jew, silver worshipping drivel in here
is if/when...
1. he eventually dies
3. he gets banned .

my bet is on  option 1

The hatred and advocacy of genocide is the evidence of his borderline insane, definitely sociopathic turmoil.  He's been a staple of this thread for years - yet he constantly rants irrationally anti-bitcoin opinions (despite accepting crypto income on his blogs elsewhere).

So, he will die alone I am sure - his level of hateful antisocial and frequently misogynistic bile is only matched by his disgusting advocacy of simply killing millions of people he racially disapproves of. Oh, and he's an open apologist for a certain Mr. Hitler. Who could live with that?

I have him on ignore and anyone who quotes him casually or otherwise is similarly treated.  Mostly because I am appalled by people who are not as offended as they (IMHO) reasonably should be. I have been to Auschwitz/Birkenau, seen the 'banality of evil' - I know how I feel and I feel strongly it's important to fight and speak out against this toxic, dangerous and increasingly normalised shit. The 1930's was not that long ago, right?

Why do I care?  I care because this thread (with his posts tolerated) must look pretty shocking to anyone checking Bitcoin and its advocates out.  It is arguably the most important thread in the Bitcoin world, and the lack of objection, lack of challenges; of freezing out - means we are culpable and liable to be tarred because of the company we seem to keep and apparently (largely) tolerate.

OK - free speech is to be defended, I subscribe to Voltaire's dictum, so he has the right to speak.  But that means people here have the right - arguably the duty... to speak up and object when someone is quite plainly a total narcissistic, hateful, deranged fascist cunt.  Please let's prove you don't have to be racist to be into Bitcoin?

I hope I am part of the (silent) majority here, and not the minority. I trust I am not hoping in vain. 

i have, i think, only one person on this forum ignored. it's roach. but yea, i'd have banned him ages ago.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 11:09:59 PM

Monero with its opaque blockchain. You don't know who stealth mined in huge quantities and you trust that there isnt an exploit or bug allowing someone to mint any quantity of XMR they like. You don't have a richlist. You can't analyise the blockchain at all, You assume its all good. Yay. Monero. Its name even means something in esperanto. And it has a wallet now
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:05:11 AM

Hitler's government was the people.

That's why I hate all Germans. Why did the German people send so many people away to extermination camps? Why German people? Why?!?

Same for Americans. Why are the American people always deciding we need war in the Middle East? Why American people?

Why do the American people keep pushing the Federal Reserve Note down our throats?

Yes, there are examples of governments gone awry... that does not mean that we can just abandon such apparatus for all purposes, especially when it comes to having rules regarding certain resources that are scarce  or shared or to keep in check abuses that seem quite likely to take place through an anarchic or a libertarian system.. and further, we already have multitudes of systems of governments, so we can complain all that we want about governments being BAAAAAAaaaadddd... , yet most practical solutions are likely to come through incrementalism rather than pure abandonment.. and perhaps bitcoin will play some role towards positive people empowerment.  Perhaps?

Governments are [some of] the people,

FTFY

Yes, and even if you believe that the government is biased in terms of some people (that are other than you), it is still the system in which each of us should be attempting to work towards petition of grievances when it involves public good matters that cannot be resolved privately.  Surely, we can make attempts to privatize aspects of our interactions, but some aspects are difficult to privatize based on their nature or based on the various parties involved who are vying for their position.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:15:36 AM

Bobby Fishers mother was Jewish (also likely his father) and so was he, that was the point I was making.  The problems he attributed as some kind of conspiracy was just a poor way of dealing with his own internal conflicts.

Or maybe he just knows something that you don't from A) being from that community and B) having an IQ that is probably double what yours is. Just a thought.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:15:38 AM

Usually the intent of a seller is to actually sell their coins, not to manipulate the market and "hold it down".

Here's another example of the fantasy world that you seem to live.

Huh Surely, you can't be serious. Or are you just tweaking Torque now with your feigned conspiracy theory?

TLDR: It is nearly as crazy to assert that the whole market is manipulated, as to assert that no manipulation exists at all.  I am not taking either of those extremes, and I am largely just calling bullshit on your cousin, tera bera's assertion, that no holding the price down manipulation exists.

Thanks for the tl dr, though it still be tl.

AAR, you are putting words in the mouths of others. Again. Look at TERA's quote above. It does not open with 'Always'. It opens with 'Usually'.

Fair enuff regarding the "usually" versus "always" point, yet my previous assertions remain valid and both you and your cousin bera seem inclined to overplay your assertion about the supposed free market good intention of whale manipulating sellers that exist in the real world..  Tongue Tongue
mudbone

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:19:36 AM

thanks

is if/when...
1. he eventually dies
3. he gets banned .

my bet is on  option 1

This is probably what the ancients called post bellum auxilium, sending troops after the battle. But just to be clear, r0ach is a caricature, a social engineering attack, a sock with a jackboot attached. He ain't real.

That isn't to say he isn't a sociopath. To do the job well I think you'd have to be. But banning the account would change nothing. He obviously has others.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:20:47 AM
Merited by Dunkelheit667 (1)

Light or Dark mode?

dark

always

the lack of a dark theme on this forum is...disgraceful
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:21:16 AM

we have never had a technology that has fit into such a niche that is so likely to cause a lot of societal changes that are difficult to know in these early days

I am the god of hell fire, and I bring you!
Fire, I'll take you to burn.
Fire, I'll take you to learn.
I'll see you burn!

You've fought hard and you saved and earned,
but all of it's going to burn.
And your mind, your tiny mind,
you know you've really been so blind.
Now's your time, burn your mind,
You're falling far too far behind.
Oh no, oh no, oh no, you're gonna burn!

Fire, to destroy all you've done.
Fire, to end all you've become.
I'll feel you burn!

You've been living like a little girl,
in the middle of your little world.
And your mind, your tiny mind,
you know you've really been so blind.
Now's your time, burn your mind,
you're falling far too far behind.
Oooooooooooooo.

You're gonna burn!
You're gonna burn!
You're gonna burn!
Burn, burn, burn, burn, burn,
burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, ahhhhhhhhh
Fire, fire ahhhhh...

- Fire performed by Arthur Brown
- Songwriters: Jacob Louis Plant

As merely counterexample one.

You are just in a feisty argumentative mood, it seems. 

I would not categorize fire the same as bitcoin, in that fire was likely discovered and learned ways to harness fire; however, fire existed prior to various discoveries in how to harness it. Sure, you could argue that bitcoin and math existed prior to discovering it, but it seems that we are getting caught in the weeds of arguing for the sake of arguing rather than really making some kind of meaningful counter-point that undermines the importance of what bitcoin is really bringing to the table and its potentialities.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:26:21 AM

One of the many reasons I like XMR: https://moneroblocks.info/richlist
Privacy, in general, is extremely undervalued.

And yet any goods/services bought with XMR that are shipped can still be tracked to shipper or receiver. Somewhat undermining the purpose, yeah?

You don't have to give your real name. And you can have it delivered to somewhere other than your home address. Or you could make a mail pool with other people. And if you really want to go all out you can use one or several remailers. And just because a package is tracked doesn't mean the one doing the tracking knows what is inside the box. But you are right, we live in an imperfect world, so we shouldn't even make any effort to improve the situation at all.

Bbut... but... 98% of XMR lovers aren't even buying anything with their moneros. Just trading back and forth for more fiat dollars. So in the grand scheme does it matter? Lol

Just playin' devils advocate, of course.  Wink

Nope.  Monero is one of the few alts with an actual use case.  I bought a Minecraft license with it last night...  also see here:

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/mcy/d/triumph-bonnevillek-miles-btc/6583739573.html
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:37:14 AM

Governments are not the people. Nation states are horrible. Stalin could never have existed in a municipality.

Jay, stop trolling.

I think everybody is on drugs tonight. Is it?

Not everyone needs drugs to reach that level, even smarter to realise its near disaster for some to partake in those additives when they are already 100% proof.  Alot of creative types go down a horrible road when they fail to understand this about themselves I always think its a waste.

Regarding, why many of us are into bitcoin, that is likely going to vary too... I understand that bitcoin has a lot of libertarian origins, but that mere fact does not mean that everyone subscribes to the seemingly vacuous anti-government views of that many libertarians seem to spout out in criticizing the current system.  Sure, there are problems with the current system, but merely getting rid of government does not seem like it is going to solve as many problems as it causes.

Furthermore, we might not even need to bring politics in the discussion at all in order to see benefits in bitcoin

Politics dominates economics now so its slightly impossible to avoid some convergence of those topics.      The dollar reserve system (globally) is subverted by its black hole centralisation to an overly powerful government force that has no limits to its budget and has lost a need to justify itself to its people or other nations.   Not that Im against this particular government or either side of the aisle but that the system itself is off kilter is increasingly not beneficial.    That is ingrained in Bitcoin I think, I dont see how you can be long term involved and not have noticed that at some time or another.  Its generally true that the common working man is becoming poorer for the same work done, central government is becoming larger with greater debt.  Theres a noticeable trend occurring not really reliant on personal opinion or bias.

Capitalism is not centralised and does not have this bias to serve government as its arbiter.   Ultimately it should represent competitive free markets, where success is determined by innovation and efficiency.  Getting rid of government would not be the same as requiring it to be justified and hold a balance sheet capable of surplus.  Wherever you stand its dangerous that government is incapable of returning a surplus right now, it must be capable of this to repay a debt and if it cant repay a debt then its not crypto who will pose any threat but government itself will collapse inwards.   I suggest standing well back and do not be reliant on something failing this badly even if it makes you sad to see it, I think its quite inevitable.

Central planning is dangerous and not antifragile
Not even a political view, its probably provable in engineering and all kinds of different subjects.  True as a general principle.  Politics is a diverse subject, its the luxury of an advanced society true since the Ancient Greek system but we risk losing that freedom and diversity if the system fails so badly because people would not tolerate alternatives and competition was deemed dangerous.

Some comparison views.
https://twitter.com/CNBCFastMoney/status/993607620064882690

You are not really saying anything different than me, except perhaps trying to ascribe that I am some kind of blind pro-government advocate as opposed to your supposedly more enlightened stance that attempts to cause a more responsible (and perhaps more streamlined) government.  We are not really saying different things when it comes to various potential transformative roles that bitcoin could play in future societal structure, institutions and incentives, as long as we do not attempt to attribute too much to the passing thoughts of the other person. 

We are likely NOT going to resolve many if any role of government specifics in a thread like this, and surely I would not assert that the topic of government is not relevant to this thread, when we are talking about the ways that bitcoin could play roles in influencing possible government influences and outcomes.
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:40:44 AM

thanks

By the way, in today's world I believe the greatest store and value is my brain if I am able to keep it functioning. I can store whatever I want in it. Did anybody said passphrases?

Without un-ignoring Roach for the last bigotry, I can assure you he's here JUST to be divisive.

Watch out for Ops on BCT.  Ignore him & don't quote. please.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:44:22 AM

Looking at 1w interval, we had 5 straight green weeks.

So it's possible this week will be rather quiet.

Who knows?

So far, this week is red, and the BTC price would have to close above about $9,630 in order to be green... So that will be interesting to see what happens?  Tentatively, I am thinking that the odds of this week's candle closing red would be a bit stronger than the odds of it closing green, but surely in bitcoin, we cannot be too steadfast in our expectations..... and the seeming decently large level of bearish technical sentiment that could end up getting a bit of rekt.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:55:42 AM

Among top ten crypto-currencies (by market-cap), bitcoin still seems the most decentralized.

% of supply owned by the top 100 accounts, standouts:
- Bitcoin 19%
- Ethereum 35%
- Ripple 98%
- Bitcoin Cash 25%
- Stellar 95%
- IOTA 62%
- NEO 70%

Source: https://arewedecentralizedyet.com/

Gotta get rid of my Stellars for sure.

I have remained a bit skeptical of claims that are made based on the holding of crypto's in addresses to prove top owners (because frequently centralized institutions might hold coins that are really owned by a multitude of peeps).  On the other hand, determining level of decentralization seems to be attempting to claim the opposite, yet I am still feel as if I do not have enough information to know whether I trust the arrived at conclusions from such data.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:58:20 AM

Among top ten crypto-currencies (by market-cap), bitcoin still seems the most decentralized.

% of supply owned by the top 100 accounts, standouts:
- Bitcoin 19%
- Ethereum 35%
- Ripple 98%
- Bitcoin Cash 25%
- Stellar 95%
- IOTA 62%
- NEO 70%

Source: https://arewedecentralizedyet.com/

Gotta get rid of my Stellars for sure.

I have remained a bit skeptical of claims that are made based on the holding of crypto's in addresses to prove top owners (because frequently centralized institutions might hold coins that are really owned by a multitude of peeps).  On the other hand, determining level of decentralization seems to be attempting to claim the opposite, yet I am still feel as if I do not have enough information to know whether I trust the arrived at conclusions from such data.

Sometimes #Bullish is #bullshit.  Grin and vice versa (BCash, heh)  Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:07:39 AM

thanks

is if/when...
1. he eventually dies
3. he gets banned .

my bet is on  option 1

A couple of years ago, roach was 14, so probably now he is 16 or 17, so he could likely outlive a large number of us, unless his hate causes him to dry up like a little stepped-on cockroach.. wait? 
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:19:47 AM

Do as you like.  Stay vigilant.

I'm against censorship, but pro:

This is "Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion"  FFS

Take that sh!t to another thread.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:31:09 AM

Jimbo would be in the jungle tonight.

Paxton just threw a no hitter against the Jays.
Pages: « 1 ... 20245 20246 20247 20248 20249 20250 20251 20252 20253 20254 20255 20256 20257 20258 20259 20260 20261 20262 20263 20264 20265 20266 20267 20268 20269 20270 20271 20272 20273 20274 20275 20276 20277 20278 20279 20280 20281 20282 20283 20284 20285 20286 20287 20288 20289 20290 20291 20292 20293 20294 [20295] 20296 20297 20298 20299 20300 20301 20302 20303 20304 20305 20306 20307 20308 20309 20310 20311 20312 20313 20314 20315 20316 20317 20318 20319 20320 20321 20322 20323 20324 20325 20326 20327 20328 20329 20330 20331 20332 20333 20334 20335 20336 20337 20338 20339 20340 20341 20342 20343 20344 20345 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: