May 05, 2024, 10:41:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 21701 21702 21703 21704 21705 21706 21707 21708 21709 21710 21711 21712 21713 21714 21715 21716 21717 21718 21719 21720 21721 21722 21723 21724 21725 21726 21727 21728 21729 21730 21731 21732 21733 21734 21735 21736 21737 21738 21739 21740 21741 21742 21743 21744 21745 21746 21747 21748 21749 21750 [21751] 21752 21753 21754 21755 21756 21757 21758 21759 21760 21761 21762 21763 21764 21765 21766 21767 21768 21769 21770 21771 21772 21773 21774 21775 21776 21777 21778 21779 21780 21781 21782 21783 21784 21785 21786 21787 21788 21789 21790 21791 21792 21793 21794 21795 21796 21797 21798 21799 21800 21801 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372322 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:14:42 AM

I start to think that maybe we, humans, set ourselves on some kind of a suicide path.

I don't want to sound like Ibian, but we probably have headed our boat for catastrophe. Not much we can do now though. May as well enjoy Rome before it burns.
I don't understand what makes people subscribe to this narrative. What makes you think that we're heading for disaster when just about everything has been getting better on average for the past however many decades?

I'm more worried about a meteor smashing earth than humans fucking anything up before someone banking on a solution for whatever problem. And I'm not really worried at all.
http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

History repeats. It's much like the seasons, every time is different but the overall pattern remains. Things are shit, people make them better, then things turn to shit again. And the longer peace and prosperity reigns, the harder the fall.

All the signs are there. It will likely be a soviet style collapse, but this time on a large scale.

C'on Ibian, we have never in history lived better than we do for the past few decades. Or can you point out any moment in time you would have better preferred to live?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:16:22 AM

If you are poor you should be saving instead of borrowing.

People that really "needs" the money, should never, ever borrow the money.

Enough rant.... I am open for criticism.

Nothing in this world allows you the increase your financial stability, your profits and your social status like borrowing a hella amount of money.

Though of course you must be smart about what you do with the investments.

I just borrowed 250k€, that's about 7 years of salary for me. The interests are basically 0 if you take inflation into consideration so that's basically just me borrowing to my future self to increase my current income ^^

If I could borrow 4M€ I would Cheesy
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:16:57 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), infofront (1)

Banks in general have always made the most of their profit by interest on lending. Before the crisis, they started giving mortgages to everyone and their mother without any due diligence.... then the defaults came so instead of profit for every mortgage they got loses. Now they are way more careful on lending money, which basically means they are not "selling" their main product. The future looks dark for them.

I remember the time (before the nineties) when if someone wanted a home he had to pay upfront a good amount to the builder, and then go on paying monthly way before the house was even finished building. No mortages bullshit. Banks were not such a big deal. HOusing prices were low as shit.

All the fucking problem of the last decades has been because of lending money to the plebs. That made them think they were "rich" when they weren't. And banks "banked" like bandits on that stupid feeling.

If you borrow money because you don't have it, then you will always stay poor. Only borrow money when you are leveraging for a biggest (safe) return. If you are poor you should be saving instead of borrowing.

When I was a student I invested large parts of my student loan, but my professional path has been more or less laid out thanks to long planning (knew before 18 that I wanted to be able to retire around 30-40) so I knew in what proportion I could put loans at stake without destroying myself in any worst case scenario. I made sure to have exceptional grades in a highly sought after field though, so the probability of me failing along the way were virtually negligible and the cost of default was zero (e.g. no job = exemption from repaying the loan without any downsides on my part). In that situation not taking the risk and potentially fixing an error of judgement down the path would've been irrational.

I've seen other plebs do the same (with non-student loans) from a much worse starting position implode though, so you're certainly right. Most people don't know how to manage risk and just go a path of blind faith and there are tons of predatory types just waiting to prey on them.

Either way, the banks are just filling a niche. The real problem are all the idiots who are waiting for the stars to magically align instead of taking their life into their own hands. And the absolute worst are the very same idiots who channel their energy into nagging governments to bend them backwards by legalizing a billion fucking pronouns for idiots who can't just be honest and say that they either always or sometimes prefer dick. Like a bunch of toddlers telling on their siblings instead of learning how not to be a helpless retard.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:17:55 AM

Data/information is only as good as its source. Highest level being 15, not bullish. Edit: Bitcoin Cash has a "16". 

Bitcoin SV? 100.

#justsayin'

Actually only 86 currently...was 100 2 weeks ago.

No. The term is not bitcoin+cash+sv, it is bitcoin+sv. And it is trending currently at 100.

Even if it were 86, you are still making my point for me.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:18:19 AM

I start to think that maybe we, humans, set ourselves on some kind of a suicide path.

I don't want to sound like Ibian, but we probably have headed our boat for catastrophe. Not much we can do now though. May as well enjoy Rome before it burns.
I don't understand what makes people subscribe to this narrative. What makes you think that we're heading for disaster when just about everything has been getting better on average for the past however many decades?

I'm more worried about a meteor smashing earth than humans fucking anything up before someone banking on a solution for whatever problem. And I'm not really worried at all.

History repeats. It's much like the seasons, every time is different but the overall pattern remains. Things are shit, people make them better, then things turn to shit again. And the longer peace and prosperity reigns, the harder the fall.

All the signs are there. It will likely be a soviet style collapse, but this time on a large scale.
That cycle is equivalent to what Bitcorn is doing. Things get really great, then implode to a level higher than anything before. Rinse and repeat. Sure we might drop from our ATHs (if even), but we're still on an upward slope.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:20:42 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (1)

Data/information is only as good as its source. Highest level being 15, not bullish. Edit: Bitcoin Cash has a "16". 

Bitcoin SV? 100.

#justsayin'

Actually only 86 currently...was 100 2 weeks ago.

No. The term is not bitcoin+cash+sv, it is bitcoin+sv. And it is trending currently at 100.

Wasn't the last Coingeek conference proof enough that BCash SV is all about the establishment taking control? "It's time for Bitcoin to grow up" - Coingeek shills.

Technical debates aside, it's obvious that BCash SV doesn't align with the interests of the people.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:36:23 AM

C'on Ibian, we have never in history lived better than we do for the past few decades. Or can you point out any moment in time you would have better preferred to live?
Which part didn't you understand? The better things are and the longer it goes on the worse it will be when it all ends.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7974

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 10:46:34 AM

Wrong again breher. It peaked in search popularity on November 26th. You just insist on peddling falsehoods don't you, or else you just sincerely love being wrong about things. To each their own...

Its currently at 29 BTW:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%201-m&q=Bitcoin%20SV

This is if you go over the last 30 days and include the world.

I have a new name for Bcash... Its Bitcoin Crash  Cheesy

And its younger brother, Bitcoin Crash SV (Silly Version)
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:59:02 AM
Merited by infofront (1)

Nothing in this world allows you the increase your financial stability, your profits and your social status like borrowing a hella amount of money.

I just borrowed 250k€, that's about 7 years of salary for me. The interests are basically 0 if you take inflation into consideration so that's basically just me borrowing to my future self to increase my current income ^^

Well, as I said it depends on what you do what that borrowed money. If you use it for getting a better bigger house for living in it, instead as an investment to get a rent. If you use it to buy a better car, to buy better clothes, or to basically have more "free" money to spend on whatever you think makes you feel better as many people did, then that's where the problem comes.

People borrowed money and started to spend it like they had already earned it.... That's what basically happened.

If you are able to get someone to lend you 4M at almost no interest, and are also able to invest it wisely and safely without upping your lifestyle until you can really do it with YOUR OWN money, then it is ok. Anyways, I would consider that to be way overleveraged... but to each their own.

But that's not what most of the people that later couldn't afford to make the repayments did.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:06:03 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2018, 11:16:39 AM by bitserve

Which part didn't you understand? The better things are and the longer it goes on the worse it will be when it all ends.

As BTCMILLIONAIRE said, even if we were on the verge of an implosion/collapse, we would still end better than we were a few decades ago. It's not like we are going to go back to stone age.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1702

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 11:06:51 AM

WTF are these questions? They are going way too far.... Soon they will be demanding workplace confirmation or relatives information.....

These exchanges are banks.

Fuck banks.

I know there are lots of people who want to do shitcoin trades constantly but it is just too much risk at this point.

It is either dex or hodl now.

banks are evil, man.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:09:01 AM

Well, as I said it depends on what you do what that borrowed money. If you use it for getting a better bigger house for living in it, instead as an investment to get a rent. If you use it to buy a better car, to buy better clothes, or to basically have more "free" money to spend on whatever you think makes you feel better as many people did, then that's where the problem comes.

People borrowed money and started to spend it like they had already earned it.... That's what basically happened.

If you are able to get someone to lend you 4M at almost no interest, and are also able to invest it wisely and safely without upping your lifestyle until you can really do it with YOUR OWN money, then it is ok. Anyways, I would consider that to be way overleveraged... but to each their own.

But that's not what most of the people that later couldn't afford to make the repayments did.

+1. Only live large on money YOU own.

Only live large on borrowed money when you know you will be dead when they come for the cash....
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 11:14:37 AM

Better invest the time to have more Bitcoin  Cool
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:23:02 AM

As BITCOINMILLIONAIRE said, even if we were on the verge of an implosion/collapse, we would still end better than we were a few decades ago. It's not like we are going to go back to stone age.
Do you understand what a soviet style collapse implies?

Stalin, 50 million dead. Mao, even more, maybe as high as 100 million. Cambodia, a full third of the population died. And on and on. Two hundred million corpses give or take.

The EU wants an army, and at this rate they will get it. It will be used against the civilian population, just as the above gentlemen did.

Thousands of migrants are heading to the US border. They will be gunned down if they try to cross, or more will come, and it will never stop. In europe they are already here and entrenched. EU wants to make criticism of immigration illegal, and again, it will likely happen.

And of course we all know how the economy is doing.

If the US ends up losing its global leadership position, that will lead to chaos on a global scale as the power vacuum is filled by someone else.

It's a perfect storm of all the things that can go wrong all at once, and there are no positives of any meaningful impact.
Heater

Activity: 403
Merit: 360

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:27:38 AM

An alternative would be if we stayed around this range for a couple of months, maybe even some more.... that would probably signal this as the true bottom.

What do you guys think about that? Plausible?
Hate to say it but personally I won't feel the slightest capitulation until we drop below the last ATH.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:49:16 AM

Stalin, 50 million dead. Mao, even more, maybe as high as 100 million. Cambodia, a full third of the population died. And on and on. Two hundred million corpses give or take.

The EU wants an army, and at this rate they will get it. It will be used against the civilian population, just as the above gentlemen did.

Thousands of migrants are heading to the US border. They will be gunned down if they try to cross, or more will come, and it will never stop. In europe they are already here and entrenched. EU wants to make criticism of immigration illegal, and again, it will likely happen.

If the US ends up losing its global leadership position, that will lead to chaos on a global scale as the power vacuum is filled by someone else.

It's a perfect storm of all the things that can go wrong all at once, and there are no positives of any meaningful impact.

What I am not sure is what the exact problem that would inevitably lead in a collapse of epic proportions is. Economic collapse? Inmigration? Something else?

I can see factors and cycles, yeah, but I still don't see that "perfect storm" you are talking about.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:51:50 AM

An alternative would be if we stayed around this range for a couple of months, maybe even some more.... that would probably signal this as the true bottom.

What do you guys think about that? Plausible?
Hate to say it but personally I won't feel the slightest capitulation until we drop below the last ATH.

You are hurting my feelings.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 11:59:11 AM

What I am not sure is what the exact problem that would inevitably lead in a collapse of epic proportions is. Economic collapse? Inmigration? Something else?

I can see factors and cycles, yeah, but I still don't see that "perfect storm" you are talking about.

If you allow me, World debt will also be one of the reasons for collapse.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:08:56 PM

If you allow me, World debt will also be one of the reasons for collapse.

Yeah, that's probably the main thing I include in "economic collapse" and I am sure another crisis is coming but.... those are just cycles... even if the next crisis is the worst of the past few decades I don't see the world going into full retard collapse in every way.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:12:48 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

Ok ok so I just opened my first long in 2 months.

I'm ready for the train. Please don't screw this up BTC   Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 21701 21702 21703 21704 21705 21706 21707 21708 21709 21710 21711 21712 21713 21714 21715 21716 21717 21718 21719 21720 21721 21722 21723 21724 21725 21726 21727 21728 21729 21730 21731 21732 21733 21734 21735 21736 21737 21738 21739 21740 21741 21742 21743 21744 21745 21746 21747 21748 21749 21750 [21751] 21752 21753 21754 21755 21756 21757 21758 21759 21760 21761 21762 21763 21764 21765 21766 21767 21768 21769 21770 21771 21772 21773 21774 21775 21776 21777 21778 21779 21780 21781 21782 21783 21784 21785 21786 21787 21788 21789 21790 21791 21792 21793 21794 21795 21796 21797 21798 21799 21800 21801 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: