Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2019, 04:38:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What year will we achieve a new ATH?
2019 - 36 (27.5%)
2020 - 54 (41.2%)
2021 - 31 (23.7%)
2022 - 5 (3.8%)
2023 - 1 (0.8%)
Never - 4 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 23352 23353 23354 23355 23356 23357 23358 23359 23360 23361 23362 23363 23364 23365 23366 23367 23368 23369 23370 23371 23372 23373 23374 23375 23376 23377 23378 23379 23380 23381 23382 23383 23384 23385 23386 23387 23388 23389 23390 23391 23392 23393 23394 23395 23396 23397 23398 23399 23400 23401 [23402] 23403 23404 23405 23406 23407 23408 23409 23410 23411 23412 23413 23414 23415 23416 23417 23418 23419 23420 23421 23422 23423 23424 23425 23426 23427 23428 23429 23430 23431 23432 23433 23434 23435 23436 23437 23438 23439 23440 23441 23442 23443 23444 23445 23446 23447 23448 23449 23450 23451 23452 ... 23936 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 21175380 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (24 posts by 13 users deleted.)
kingcolex
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1134

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:18:19 PM

Describe the scenario that would allow any of the other current "brands" of bitcoin to take over dominance without destroying global faith in the market.

Blocks become persistently full. LN not ready for mass adoption. Bitcoin in its BTC form sheds economic support for use case after use case, until the point where the only use case supported is banks making international SWIFT-like settlements.

In the face of this, it becomes evident to the world at large that satoshi was right and Blockstream was wrong. In case you have forgotten, The SegWit Omnibus Changeset was also a change to to protocol. You don't get to claim that this was not a change.
Oh are you claiming Craig is Satoshi?
GET 25 FREE SPINS AT REGISTRATION
GET 100% BONUS ON FIRST DEPOSIT
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 1282
Merit: 1060

Bitcoin != exchange rate

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:18:49 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

I love you guys, but can we please introduce a STFU Thursday for both JJG and jbreher. Thanks.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1258

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:20:33 PM

Describe the scenario that would allow any of the other current "brands" of bitcoin to take over dominance without destroying global faith in the market.

Blocks become persistently full. LN not ready for mass adoption. Bitcoin in its BTC form sheds economic support for use case after use case, until the point where the only use case supported is banks making international SWIFT-like settlements.

In the face of this, it becomes evident to the world at large that satoshi was right and Blockstream was wrong. In case you have forgotten, The SegWit Omnibus Changeset was also a change to to protocol. You don't get to claim that this was not a change.

Again? We've been over this. Several times. No, I am not claiming such.

Relevance? None that I can see.

Now, would you like to talk about the scenario I have been challenged to outline, or are you just going to throw more irrelevant shit?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1755

How much alt coin diversification is needed? 0%?

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:24:52 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

Blah blah blah larger block blah blah

You have bcash and bsv with larger blocks, go there you have options. What part of we don't want larger blocks is so hard to comprehend

Yeah, I get it. But some here seem utterly oblivious to the consequences thereof.

No need to save us bro.  Go save someone else.
It isn't saving us when he knows who he partners with, the scoundrels looking to manipulate and lie to force their profit.

I don't partner with anyone. Well, except my spouse.

Roger does it through pretending Bcash is Bitcoin, Jihan floated the price with the force use of it for hardware, Craig lies about being Satoshi and having those follow his "vision". It's all bullshit of these scumbags trying to force a profit and have some sort of power and fame.

You know what amuses me no end? People in the Bitcoin Cash space talk about the technical and economic attributes of Bitcoin Cash (and that of Bitcoin Core), while people in the Bitcoin Core space almost invariably speak about Bitcoin Cash in terms of Craig, Roger, and Jihan.

What are all these names you are spouting out, j-"care"-breher?  

There is bitcoin, and there are bcash variants.  You seem to be renaming things, including attempting to rename bitcoin.. what the fuck?   I know that it is not the first time that you have attempted to rename bitcoin things.  It seems to be part of your MO.

Let's try to at least keep matters straight, and remember you are in a bitcoin thread?  so when you talk about bitcoin, you don't need to attach any prefixes or suffixes in order to clarify what you are talking about, but if you refer to bcash variants, then using the word bitcoin within them is confusing in the best case scenarios and misleading for others who might not know what the fuck you are talking about.  

Remember there is only one bitcoin, and the various forks of bcash don't become bitcoin or a variant of bitcoin merely because they forked or they have some kind of root in bitcoin and are attempting to market themselves as such.  

Get real.   Roll Eyes   Tongue  
Toxic2040

Activity: 616
Merit: 915

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:28:06 PM

noon wall report
brought to you today by GAINZ Prophylactic Corptm The company you loved to be screwed by.

A new higher high sees bitcoins price inching upwards towards a significant resistance zone. Weakening asks and rising bid levels correlate into another probable retest of this area in the $5.4k to $5.5k range. Make no bones about it gentlemen..the next 48 hours are critical. #dyor

6h

#stronghands
kingcolex
Legendary

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:32:39 PM

Again? We've been over this. Several times. No, I am not claiming such.

Relevance? None that I can see.

Now, would you like to talk about the scenario I have been challenged to outline, or are you just going to throw more irrelevant shit?
Well I'm more about that irrelevant shit, so if you don't believe Craig is Satoshi then you must agree he is a liar.

You also would agree that he is a major part of the future of Bchsv, and he works closely with the developers.

Now these developers must believe he is Satoshi right? If not then why would they follow his ideas and paths on Bitcoin while all under the title of Satoshi's Vision?

So you're following a coin that you know is led by a liar, who has the power to push the devs into his vision as he claims he is Satoshi and that is what the coin is about.

And you think a flipping would happen because too many people are using Bitcoin that the blocks are constantly full and that
1. No one would be able to get a block size increase
2. No 2nd layers would be implemented well enough
3. They would choose your flavor of alt and not something else like Ethereum?

That's quite the fucking longshot.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1755

How much alt coin diversification is needed? 0%?

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:37:51 PM

Bitcoin is whatever the largest amount of network power says it is. Your side lost, yogi.
I'd say it's more real marketcap, that shows who the majority believe is worth more and the "real" Bitcoin"

But what constitutes bitcoin, the project was released with one document, that has been completely disregarded and you call that Bitcoin based on a trading markets completely irrelevant to the project itself?

Oh my, are you serious!!!!!

You don't know what bitcoin is, sirsplashalot?  

You might be beyond repair....   You are trying to participate in a bitcoin thread, but you do not know what bitcoin is, yet?

Perhaps this thread needs at least a basic entry level questionnaire in order that peeps understand at least the existentialist part of bitcoin, which seems to be clearly resolved already... and gone over and over and over...

Go study a bit, sirsplashalot,** and then come back here with better and more thought out question(s).

** Hint:  you are not going to become more informed about "what is bitcoin" by participating in r/btc, getting your information from bitcoin.com or other bcash pumping information sources.. Many of those "information" sources are loosely connected to reality, at best.   On the other hand, if you are able to understand what you read (which seems a bit questionable at this point), you might be able to just follow this thread for a while or go back and read this thread more before you post any further nonsense?  Perhaps?
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1175

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:55:50 PM

That would destroy all faith in the system. You didn't even mention how any of the other brands would improve the situation. So your only scenario is a complete collapse of blockchain technology as we know it?
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:11:42 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2019, 08:30:15 PM by jbreher

That would destroy all faith in the system.

Conclusion requiring support of facts not yet entered into evidence. IOW, 'Sez you'.

It ... may. Unlikely. More likely, it would destroy all faith in the Core-ian vision. Of course, seeing as SV and BCH both hew more closely to the original definition of Bitcoin than does BTC (especially SV), this provides a reasonably sound counter-narrative against 'Oh noes! Core is broken, so all Bitcoin was inherently doomed from the start'. Nay, such a situation would vindicate the large block position. The position that did not throw the baby out of the pram. The position that carried satoshi's experiment into the future without fuckitating it.

You didn't even mention how any of the other brands would improve the situation.

I described it over and over (and over, and...) BTC is the only Bitcoin fork that exhibits this flaw of a centrally-planned production quota capping persistent block size, let alone one set deliberately below any rational demand for tx capacity.

So your only scenario is a complete collapse of blockchain technology as we know it?

In order to make this assertion, you're either not reading what I am clearly articulating, or you are not thinking about those writings. (Or you are stupid, or dishonest - but that can't be the case, can it?)
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:14:47 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2019, 08:28:26 PM by jbreher

Well I'm more about that irrelevant shit

So I am coming to know.

Now these developers must believe he is Satoshi right?

I imagine some do, others do not. In fact, I am quite certain of that.

If not then why would they follow his ideas and paths on Bitcoin while all under the title of Satoshi's Vision?

Why do you assert they are following CSW's ideas and paths? One does not need to believe CSW is satoshi in order to believe that the original design of the Bitcoin protocol was correct. Working to maximize SW that interacts through that protocol is fully orthogonal to any belief of CSW-satoshi equivalence.

Now, would you like to talk about the scenario I have been challenged to outline -- upon which you have waded in with non-sequitur -- or are you just going to throw even more irrelevant shit?
VB1001

Activity: 238
Merit: 536

"Four Wheel Drive"

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:19:54 PM

https://twitter.com/ChartsBtc/status/1100807812140023809

https://twitter.com/ChartsBtc/status/1100807812140023809

Max Supply 21.000.000 BTC

Circulating Supply 17.634.825 BTC

Losses +/- 4.000.000 BTC
(Lost wallets, thefts, dead people, hard drives ....)

BTCuy or you stay without.

"If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry."

Satoshi Nakamoto
kingcolex
Legendary

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:35:11 PM

Well I'm more about that irrelevant shit

So I am coming to know.

Now these developers must believe he is Satoshi right?

I imagine some do, others do not. In fact, I am quite certain of that.

If not then why would they follow his ideas and paths on Bitcoin while all under the title of Satoshi's Vision?

Why do you assert they are following CSW's ideas and paths? One does not need to believe CSW is satoshi in order to believe that the original design of the Bitcoin protocol was correct. Working to maximize SW that interacts through that protocol is fully orthogonal to any belief of CSW-satoshi equivalence.

Now, would you like to talk about the scenario I have been challenged to outline -- upon which you have waded in with non-sequitur -- or are you just going to throw even more irrelevant shit?
This entire discussion is irrelevant it's the Bitcoin Wall Observation not the bastard alt fork wall thread.
micgoossens

Activity: 700
Merit: 2004

Be safe, Elwar and Nadia !!

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:41:02 PM

mmmm paid shill's @ WO,

price in bearmarket/sharp downtrend = r0ach and same people posting @every page, claiming BTC = useless and has no value and only PM are the real thing etc...... not hearing him about the matter @ these times  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

price in UP trend = r0ach, but then people as Jbreher comes a life trying to speak out @ every page that Bcash, ver, CSW are the real thing, Jbreher and other Bcash shill's will also be silenced about their matter as well.  Grin  Cheesy

WO just know there is only ONE BTC.....
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:43:55 PM

This entire discussion is irrelevant it's the Bitcoin Wall Observation not the bastard alt fork wall thread.

This entire discussion is a result of you wading in quizzing me about what I think about CSW in response to this post of mine:

In what way does my quoted post have anything whatsoever to do with anything but BTC?

The answer is obvious to all. It is absolutely, positively, completely on this topic of BTC. It was you whom inserted the irrelevancy of CSV, thereby using it as a wedge to insert your inane views on BCH and SV into the conversation. Your. Fucking. Doing.
encycrypto

Activity: 280
Merit: 53

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:46:57 PM

The true bitcoin will always have the most hash power, BSV and BCHABC don't have that. They can be easily 51% attacked. So, only BTC = true bitcoin.
micgoossens

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:49:03 PM

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1539

My hat is in storage. https://ibb.co/YLkPgXb

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:54:49 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2019, 09:22:02 PM by bones261

@jbreher So what is likely to happen if BCH-ABC or SV wants to implement another improvement of the protocol that a significant portion disagree with? Are groups of miners going to square off on two or more camps and cause more forks, each fork being less secure since each have less hash rate? Unfortunately, BCH only had fleeting moments in the beginning when it was more secure than BTC due to the EDA disaster and strip mining. Perhaps it would have been better if Bitmain and allies had decided to devote all of it's hash to the chain that they "believed" in, rather than trying to play double dipping games.
sirsplashalot

Activity: 481
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:03:08 PM

Bitcoin is whatever the largest amount of network power says it is. Your side lost, yogi.
I'd say it's more real marketcap, that shows who the majority believe is worth more and the "real" Bitcoin"

But what constitutes bitcoin, the project was released with one document, that has been completely disregarded and you call that Bitcoin based on a trading markets completely irrelevant to the project itself?

Oh my, are you serious!!!!!

You don't know what bitcoin is, sirsplashalot?  

You might be beyond repair....   You are trying to participate in a bitcoin thread, but you do not know what bitcoin is, yet?

Perhaps this thread needs at least a basic entry level questionnaire in order that peeps understand at least the existentialist part of bitcoin, which seems to be clearly resolved already... and gone over and over and over...

Go study a bit, sirsplashalot,** and then come back here with better and more thought out question(s).

** Hint:  you are not going to become more informed about "what is bitcoin" by participating in r/btc, getting your information from bitcoin.com or other bcash pumping information sources.. Many of those "information" sources are loosely connected to reality, at best.   On the other hand, if you are able to understand what you read (which seems a bit questionable at this point), you might be able to just follow this thread for a while or go back and read this thread more before you post any further nonsense?  Perhaps?

Hmm, seems like you have Segwit coin mixed up with Bitcoin.
micgoossens

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:03:59 PM

Toxic2040

Activity: 616
Merit: 915

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:09:17 PM

1h

W 50day MA

its beautiful
Pages: « 1 ... 23352 23353 23354 23355 23356 23357 23358 23359 23360 23361 23362 23363 23364 23365 23366 23367 23368 23369 23370 23371 23372 23373 23374 23375 23376 23377 23378 23379 23380 23381 23382 23383 23384 23385 23386 23387 23388 23389 23390 23391 23392 23393 23394 23395 23396 23397 23398 23399 23400 23401 [23402] 23403 23404 23405 23406 23407 23408 23409 23410 23411 23412 23413 23414 23415 23416 23417 23418 23419 23420 23421 23422 23423 23424 23425 23426 23427 23428 23429 23430 23431 23432 23433 23434 23435 23436 23437 23438 23439 23440 23441 23442 23443 23444 23445 23446 23447 23448 23449 23450 23451 23452 ... 23936 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.