May 06, 2024, 02:57:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23526 23527 23528 23529 23530 23531 23532 23533 23534 23535 23536 23537 23538 23539 23540 23541 23542 23543 23544 23545 23546 23547 23548 23549 23550 23551 23552 23553 23554 23555 23556 23557 23558 23559 23560 23561 23562 23563 23564 23565 23566 23567 23568 23569 23570 23571 23572 23573 23574 23575 [23576] 23577 23578 23579 23580 23581 23582 23583 23584 23585 23586 23587 23588 23589 23590 23591 23592 23593 23594 23595 23596 23597 23598 23599 23600 23601 23602 23603 23604 23605 23606 23607 23608 23609 23610 23611 23612 23613 23614 23615 23616 23617 23618 23619 23620 23621 23622 23623 23624 23625 23626 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372666 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:02:52 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2019, 03:16:06 AM by realr0ach

If I hoard an actual resource like silver and corner the market, I have actual power and can ask for whatever the market can bear.
I think the Hunt brothers tried to corner the silver market.  Didn't work out too good for them.

If you actually know the story, they used the leveraged trading PAPER market, and then the Jew banks came in and changed the rules on things like margin requirements mid-flight, forcing them from being buyers/holders to sellers. They have no cornering of anything if their supply is encumbered in the equivalent of a variable rate mortgage that can blow up at any time.  Since everyone already knows the Hunt brother's lesson, it's likely the fraudulent exchange prices can literally go to zero the closer you get to moonshot revaluation of metals simply because nobody will be willing to take the buy side order of the non-performing, digital, paper trade at all and instead only buys physical instead.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lambie Slayer

Activity: 994
Merit: 707

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:05:55 AM

how to earn bitcorns? Smiley

I’ve heard selling yourself to other men for sexual services can be good pay.

Genitalbitz is a pro at that Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:10:49 AM

....... there's NOBODY in the general public looking to buy or can afford to buy imaginary timestamps for $7000 nowadays, so who the hell is the greater fool supposed to be? All the greater fools like JayJuanGee and Trollgoossens are already all-in.  ............

Stahp trying to suggest that bitcoin is either a saturated or mature market.  Only about 1% of the whole world's population has any kind of stake in bitcoin, so there are plenty of folks who will be ready, willing and able to buy into bitcoin.  Also, many of the people who are 1% owners of bitcoin, are not necessarily "all in" bitcoin, including yours truly.   

I will admit that since late 2014, I had largely established my stake into bitcoin, but I do continue to dollar cost average into bitcoin, too, so accordingly, I will concede that the percentage of my allocation towards bitcoin is likely quite a bit larger than a lot of other people who are "into" bitcoin.   

No matter how you slice the situation, there are both a lot of people and a lot of money that can still enter into bitcoin, whether $7k or even at much higher prices, and therefore bitcoin, as a market, is not close to being either saturated or mature.

So, you better do some more homework to get some better facts and logic, roach, if you were actually wanting to attempt to contribute substantively meaningful questions about bitcoin adoption into this thread.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:17:03 AM

the pervasiveness of a kind of gambling mentality

JayJuanGee is sitting here looking like the second coming of Richard Simmons throwing dice in an alleyway.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:24:22 AM

So, yeah, what are the odds of $20k in 45 days?  

Right now? Not good.

18 months from now, a blowoff top that takes us from $50K to $150K in 45 days? Maybe 50-50.

DealWithItShades.png

Gosh.  You speak the truth there, and I am trying to figure out how I could assert that you could be wrong, but you are not.

Actually, only a small minority of the world's populations, perhaps less than 50% of the persons who already HODL bitcoin, recognize the upside potential of BTC in 18 months as being so strong... 50/50 are not weak odds, and they same to be about how I am assessing them to be too.... which are damned good, if you think about another 7x to 20x price appreciation from where we are at now.. and the odds are also not bad that such a blow off top could go above your indicated range. 

Could take a decent amount of time for others to realize those underlying probabilities, and the disparate investment opportunity that bitcoin provides, and likely many of the people who will be buying BTC to drive its prices from $50k-ish to $150k-ish do not now realize that they will be contributing to such a BTC price upsurge when such upsurge likely comes in about an 18 month time-frame, as you mentioned... not enough to save JMacAfee from eating his dick, but enough to make a large number of us longer term HODLers much more content, and might cause some of us to turn into BIGGER assholes.... a kind of increased "fuck you" status.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:28:51 AM

the pervasiveness of a kind of gambling mentality

JayJuanGee is sitting here looking like the second coming of Richard Simmons throwing dice in an alleyway.

Do you even know how to read?

In other words:

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3427
Merit: 4344

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:43:28 AM

Bitcoin has been declared dead 355 times, most recently just 8 days ago. Smiley

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-obituaries/
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 04:19:13 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), mindrust (1)

....... there's NOBODY in the general public looking to buy or can afford to buy imaginary timestamps for $7000 nowadays, so who the hell is the greater fool supposed to be? All the greater fools like JayJuanGee and Trollgoossens are already all-in.  ............

Stahp trying to suggest that bitcoin is either a saturated or mature market.  Only about 1% of the whole world's population has any kind of stake in bitcoin, so there are plenty of folks who will be ready, willing and able to buy into bitcoin.  Also, many of the people who are 1% owners of bitcoin, are not necessarily "all in" bitcoin, including yours truly.   
I will admit that since late 2014, I had largely established my stake into bitcoin, but I do continue to dollar cost average into bitcoin, too, so accordingly, I will concede that the percentage of my allocation towards bitcoin is likely quite a bit larger than a lot of other people who are "into" bitcoin.   

No matter how you slice the situation, there are both a lot of people and a lot of money that can still enter into bitcoin, whether $7k or even at much higher prices, and therefore bitcoin, as a market, is not close to being either saturated or mature.
I have noticed it takes all kinds to fill this planet and make it go round. 

You're comment reminded me of a conversation I had with a no-coiner a few summers back.  He was certainly a negative nancy to all my comments about bitcoin.  Finally it came down to me asking him "so would you ever consider buying some bitcoin?", to which he replied "yes, but not until it has become commonplace, and less volatile."

And so I says, that may not happen until it has reached $ 1 million, are you sure you'd wait until then?  And his response was "yes". ...

He may have been serious, or maybe just spiteful, its tough to say.  The best analysis I have of this is to compare it to the invention of the telephone.  There are some that would buy it right away, to have the newest thing, and then there are some that would wait until everyone has a phone before buying it, because why would you own it if hardly anyone you knew had one.  I realize the differences between these two inventions, but I'm just trying to rationalize of waiting to buy bitcoin at $ 1 million.

It might just be that some are happy to wait until it becomes a household item like a telephone, or a teapot, and they have no interest in making extra money on its path to that end.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 04:33:43 AM

Not about bitcoin...
micg is in the hodlrest, but I still don't want to give out anything but a vibe on GOT.

The last two episodes counting todays's were the dumbest, least nuanced episodes of the whole show.
I hope that the final would make up for this...disappointed (at the moment).
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 04:41:06 AM

Don't quote r0ach. Life is too short.
arcmetal

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 04:48:12 AM

Don't quote r0ach. Life is too short.
hehe, this be true and wise.  But it happen to be embedded within the quote I was replying to, and so, it had some relevance.
nanobtc

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 05:05:31 AM

hehe, this be true and wise.  But it happen to be embedded within the quote I was replying to, and so, it had some relevance.

You can edit embedded quotes. Just Say No, to r0ach.  He struggles for relevance, quoting helps that.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 05:06:33 AM

I have noticed it takes all kinds to fill this planet and make it go round. 

You're comment reminded me of a conversation I had with a no-coiner a few summers back.  He was certainly a negative nancy to all my comments about bitcoin.  Finally it came down to me asking him "so would you ever consider buying some bitcoin?", to which he replied "yes, but not until it has become commonplace, and less volatile."

And so I says, that may not happen until it has reached $ 1 million, are you sure you'd wait until then?  And his response was "yes". ...

He may have been serious, or maybe just spiteful, its tough to say.  The best analysis I have of this is to compare it to the invention of the telephone.  There are some that would buy it right away, to have the newest thing, and then there are some that would wait until everyone has a phone before buying it, because why would you own it if hardly anyone you knew had one.  I realize the differences between these two inventions, but I'm just trying to rationalize of waiting to buy bitcoin at $ 1 million.

It might just be that some are happy to wait until it becomes a household item like a telephone, or a teapot, and they have no interest in making extra money on its path to that end.

Certainly you make fair and decent points, but you see Roach is WO's resident troll, so he is NOT genuinely attempting to engage regarding the actual value of holding some BTC or even hedging with BTC.  So, otherwise your arguments might apply in a case like this, yet you realize also that any normal nocoiner or someone who is merely reluctant to bitcoin until it becomes stable, would not actively be participating in a topic that does not interest him.... So in that regard, truly roach is either a paid shill, pumping his stupid-ass PM talking points and denigrating bitcoin through the process or some kind of degenerate loser troll who merely gets pleasure in posting within a thread that does not positively interest him (only interests him in a negative sense... and maybe he has gotten emotionally attached with some of us over the years of his trolling here?).
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 05:15:36 AM

but you see Roach is WO's resident troll, so he is NOT genuinely attempting to engage regarding the actual value of holding some BTC

You're the one that does nothing but spam lies.  Currencies have 0 value whether it's fiat, Bitcoin, or Chuck E Cheese tokens.  All currencies are pump and dump scams.  Physical metals are money and not currencies, but you and your gang of scammers like Trollgoosens flood the forum with lies claiming bitcoin is something besides a designed to centralize, non-fungible currency.  At least people like Wolong are honest about trying to rip people off for profit.  You're so delusional you started believing your own lies.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 05:18:58 AM

but you see Roach is WO's resident troll, so he is NOT genuinely attempting to engage regarding the actual value of holding some BTC

You're the one that does nothing but spam lies.  Currencies have 0 value whether it's fiat, Bitcoin, or Chuck E Cheese tokens.  All currencies are pump and dump scams.  Physical metals are money and not currencies, but you and your gang of scammers like Trollgoosens flood the forum with lies claiming bitcoin is something besides a designed to centralize, non-fungible currency. At least people like Wolong are honest about trying to rip people off for profit.  You're so delusional you started believing your own lies.

If anyone is wondering, I, roachie dee poachie, am devolving into a state of delusion and that is why I speak a language that is known as "gobble-dee-gook."

I FTFY.  You (or your therapist) will thank me later.   Wink Wink     Cheesy
arcmetal

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 05:29:14 AM

You can edit embedded quotes. Just Say No, to r0ach.  He struggles for relevance, quoting helps that.
Certainly, but what intrigued me most was JayJuanGee's comment:

There seem many here willing to post all sorts of explanations for the current bull run, any of which is plausible, but unprovable, except to realize that not all have entered into buying any bitcoin.  In my opinion, this reason is enough to explain every bull run.

nanobtc

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 05:30:30 AM

JJG intrigues you? You must be new, here.

Pro Tip: Just read every fourth word. It saves time, and has the same result.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 05:45:58 AM

There seem many here willing to post all sorts of explanations for the current bull run, any of which is plausible, but unprovable, except to realize that not all have entered into buying any bitcoin.  In my opinion, this reason is enough to explain every bull run.

Personally, I don't get too animated by any single theory explanations for BTC's price performance.

Surely, BTC development and adoption has increased in the past 7 years, and during that time, and we have had two or three (if you count 2013 as two) bull runs in those past 7 years.  BTC's adoption seems to be coming along slow, in terms of total number of people getting involved, yet it is still becoming much more popular, including way more avenues of liquidity through exchanges, ATMs, merchants (not so much on this count) and otherwise.  One area of development that still seems to be in its early stages is financialization, and surely more financial tools are coming available, and financial institutions are increasingly studying the bitcoin space and proposing various kinds of bitcoin financial products that they are considering to offer, so even though financialization seems like a double edged sword, it also seem like the direction that an accepted asset grows, and bitcoin does seem to be headed in that direction....

What I mean by double edged sword is that there are likely going to be various means to manipulate Bitcoin's price up and down, but it seems that through increasing awareness and legitimacy that will come through increased financialization, and through the robustness of bitcoin's code, bitcoin is going to likely survive through these likely upcoming turmoil periods.... Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing that bitcoin needs financialization, but I am asserting that financialization seems to be an inevitable direction for BTC whether incumbent BTC HODLers want the double edged sword aspects such increasing financialization or not. 
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 06:07:07 AM

there are both a lot of people and a lot of money that can still enter into bitcoin

Maybe a random idiot will buy some TESLA stock too?  Instead of claiming it has some type of fundamentals - it doesn't, it's designed to centralize and there's no reason for it to exist since the first day sha256 ASICs were created except for very temporary regulatory arbitrage - his 'shtick' is that "maybe a random idiot will buy some and increase the price".  JayJuanGee is the world's least mentally endowed pump and dump scammer ever created.
arcmetal

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 06:09:08 AM

hehe, this be true and wise.  But it happen to be embedded within the quote I was replying to, and so, it had some relevance.

You can edit embedded quotes. Just Say No, to r0ach.  He struggles for relevance, quoting helps that.

There seem many here willing to post all sorts of explanations for the current bull run, any of which is plausible, but unprovable, except to realize that not all have entered into buying any bitcoin.  In my opinion, this reason is enough to explain every bull run.

Personally, I don't get too animated by any single theory explanations for BTC's price performance.

Surely, BTC development and adoption has increased in the past 7 years, and during that time, and we have had two or three (if you count 2013 as two) bull runs in those past 7 years.  BTC's adoption seems to be coming along slow, in terms of total number of people getting involved, yet it is still becoming much more popular, including way more avenues of liquidity through exchanges, ATMs, merchants (not so much on this count) and otherwise.  One area of development that still seems to be in its early stages is financialization, and surely more financial tools are coming available, and financial institutions are increasingly studying the bitcoin space and proposing various kinds of bitcoin financial products that they are considering to offer, so even though financialization seems like a double edged sword, it also seem like the direction that an accepted asset grows, and bitcoin does seem to be headed in that direction....

Back in 2011 I could keep up with every new development surrounding bitcoin, but today, I certainly cannot.  That it gets absorbed by all sorts of financial instruments was inevitable, and for the most part a good thing.

What I mean by double edged sword is that there are likely going to be various means to manipulate Bitcoin's price up and down, but it seems that through increasing awareness and legitimacy that will come through increased financialization, and through the robustness of bitcoin's code, bitcoin is going to likely survive through these likely upcoming turmoil periods.... Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing that bitcoin needs financialization, but I am asserting that financialization seems to be an inevitable direction for BTC whether incumbent BTC HODLers want the double edged sword aspects such increasing financialization or not.  
I have also recently noticed this double edged sword of it being absorbed by the institutions.  I can see how some have tried to absorb it for the purpose of price manipulation, but eventually those games hit a wall, the wall of its hard limit of supply.  This is a property that has never existed in any other asset, its closest example may be gold.

Its this limit of supply that works to eventually counter any price manipulation games.
Pages: « 1 ... 23526 23527 23528 23529 23530 23531 23532 23533 23534 23535 23536 23537 23538 23539 23540 23541 23542 23543 23544 23545 23546 23547 23548 23549 23550 23551 23552 23553 23554 23555 23556 23557 23558 23559 23560 23561 23562 23563 23564 23565 23566 23567 23568 23569 23570 23571 23572 23573 23574 23575 [23576] 23577 23578 23579 23580 23581 23582 23583 23584 23585 23586 23587 23588 23589 23590 23591 23592 23593 23594 23595 23596 23597 23598 23599 23600 23601 23602 23603 23604 23605 23606 23607 23608 23609 23610 23611 23612 23613 23614 23615 23616 23617 23618 23619 23620 23621 23622 23623 23624 23625 23626 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: