April 20, 2024, 01:21:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26413 26414 26415 26416 26417 26418 26419 26420 26421 26422 26423 26424 26425 26426 26427 26428 26429 26430 26431 26432 26433 26434 26435 26436 26437 26438 26439 26440 26441 26442 26443 26444 26445 26446 26447 26448 26449 26450 26451 26452 26453 26454 26455 26456 26457 26458 26459 26460 26461 26462 [26463] 26464 26465 26466 26467 26468 26469 26470 26471 26472 26473 26474 26475 26476 26477 26478 26479 26480 26481 26482 26483 26484 26485 26486 26487 26488 26489 26490 26491 26492 26493 26494 26495 26496 26497 26498 26499 26500 26501 26502 26503 26504 26505 26506 26507 26508 26509 26510 26511 26512 26513 ... 33284 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364779 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:07:30 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Did you clear this meme with V8 ?

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:08:36 PM
Merited by VB1001 (1)

I'm actually pretty impressed with how btc is holding up here. I kind of expected a little more ^$%#ery and shenanigans going into the halving. I'd hate to be gambling on swing trades right now.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 04:14:01 PM

Did you clear this meme with V8 ?

Yes, the V8 filter could be used, although due to its size it could also be the drum of a washing machine. Cheesy
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:17:57 PM

oh totally, I have yet to see a compelling reason to move off my hotrodded X58 setup; 48G of RAM, nvme boot drive, 1080ti, it does what I need

Nice setup. My daily driver is still an i7 4770K, 16GB RAM, 1080ti.

i5 3570k, 16gb, several ssds and a 1080ti. runs my valve index fine (for the most part).

but its time for a dedicated vr build soon.
hodl_2015

Activity: 371
Merit: 57

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:18:27 PM

- no backing from governments
- no backing from universities
- no backing from the traditional banking system
Unless Satoshi was employed by one of those three  Smiley but it still would be next to nothing.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2206
Merit: 3166

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:18:44 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), soullyG (1)

https://blog.kraken.com/post/3971/kraken-releases-the-halving-trends-implications-of-bitcoins-inflation-mechanism/

Kraken Releases ‘The Halving: Trends & Implications of Bitcoin’s Supply Inflation Mechanism’

Full report: https://blog.kraken.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Bitcoin_Halving_F_v09_1.pdf

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3836

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:19:07 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2020, 04:40:17 PM by Biodom

According to this chart the past 2 halvings have been followed soon after by an insignificant dip. Insignificant long term but at the time felt like a letdown due to the hope that the price would rise right after the halving. There was a jump right after the first halving due to the scare that the halving would cause the end of Bitcoin due to miners stopping mining. When they didn't stop the price jumped a little. Before easing back down. I remember selling about 400 bitcoins after that quick jump to $12 (all the bitcoins I owned).

This graph has data only until March 20, but if it had current data, then it would look even more similar to 2016, projecting either a small further runup (maybe to 10K) or not, followed by a 1000-1500 points dip post halving to the 7000-8500 band.
kellrobinson

Activity: 304
Merit: 380

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:23:35 PM

Bitcoin is in the tenth year of a secular bull market.
The liquid market with rational price discovery began in 2010.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10132

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:24:10 PM
Merited by strawbs (1)

tree huggers must be going ballistic here. after fighting seemingly forever to ban single use plastic bags in favor of those reusable recycled ones (you know the reusable ones people put on their filth infested floors/counters and such at home, then bring back to plunk on a supermarket checkout) they have now banned those disgusting germ ridden bags and brought clean, sanitary single use plastc bags back. by law.

they should of thought about how filthy most people are before all that reuseable bag shit was law but treehuggers and such arent really known for thinking things through.

of course proper disposal is a must too. stupid is stupid i must admit.

we use ours to bag cat poo (among other things) and dispose of properly in the trash.

you seem to be arguing that the over production of plastics is not a problem, and sure there is some reuse of plastics that go on, but even if you use them a few times, there still ends up being a shitload of them and you can only use them so much before they become soiled, torn or even somewhat denigrating from likely poor quality, anyhow.

Surely, there was good intentions behind some of the reuse movement but surely that reuse does not make very much sense in times of the virus and times in which we need to be more careful about germs. 

Of course, during regular times, germ exposure will generally make us stronger at least until we get really old then we cannot tolerate germs as much, but in normal times, we should be a bit questioning of germ phobic people who are overly cleaning and some times causing their own issues, similar to the overuse of antibiotics for every little thing and then not using the full course of treatment. 

We can concede that these are not normal times, when trying to temper the impact of a virus... so  a lot of the normal rules might have to be changed and even the justifications are going to need to be reconsidered, at the least... does not mean that the old rules were wrong, just that there is a specific ongoing emergency problematic situation that is still in progress, sad as that may be...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:36:38 PM

declining...8699 8719.

Why always on Sunday night? Darned stock futures and Asia trading, perhaps.

The halvening pump is over (or near enough). Time to find a new base for the 2021 bull.  

Hairy our dear friend.
Mean’t to spread some hopium.
Not to cut my breath.

A nice base would be ?
Seven full hours till halving.
Could live with 8 k.....

I'm still in favor of his $12k prediction.
That said, any prediction is out of the window atm.
After all, we have the rest of the year to find a solid base for the 2021 bull.

Yeah sorry everything is cancelled

Seriously, 9.4k was a gift

Go back into hibernation

hahahahaha

Yeah, it is a bit strange that some members here want to preach a kind of nostradamus, and surely, so far Hairy has not been too strong in his preaching, but he is calling a local top... he has been wrong before, but he is better known for the times in which he was right.

Sure, there are some reasons to be a bit doom and gloomie... so we cannot really know if BTC is going to get drug down a bit, but the bad news is truly not unambiguous in any kind of proclamations for down.

Whether we are looking at Hairybearie's most recent overlay or the stock to flow model, we are still witnessing that BTC had recently been a bit above the curve, and then it corrected to a bit below the curve, so largely currently, the BTC price is just on the curve, which hardly makes it strong to suggest that the price needs to go either way.. and yeah, it might go sideways, but I have a hard time believing that bitcoin is going to merely go sideways, because it does not tend to do that, and especially when there seems to be so much crazy stuff in the macro-space, it is difficult to believe that bitcoin is just going to get caught in some kind of boring consolidation range without a bit of drama, here and there...

Hopefully some of these mini-doom and gloomers (aka sideways predictors) are not betting too much on that scenario... because maybe we are in a 33% stage rather than a 50% stage, because we have the sideways as a third factor.  33/33/33....  and maybe if I am considering either the fractal or the stock to flow, which I don't have any reason to NOT believe them to have some kind of persuasive value, I would be leaning a bit more in my preparations for the first one rather than either the middle or the second one, so maybe my numbers would come out 35/33/31 or even more bullish than that, perhaps, if I were to think about it more.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3836

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:36:55 PM

Bitcoin is in the tenth year of a secular bull market.
The liquid market with rational price discovery began in 2010.

If it is so, man, I don't want to see a secular bear around here.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 05:00:16 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2020, 05:25:21 PM by VB1001
Merited by bitebits (1), bkbirge (1)

Funding the Civil War (1861–1865)

The Civil War is America’s deadliest conflict and it cost a staggering $6.6 billion (in 1860’s dollars). President Lincoln postulated that “The result of this war is a question of resources. That side will win in the end where the money holds out longest.”

https://medium.com/@huntergebron/american-first-initial-fiat-offering-ifo-24f7e1dde3ac

'Give me more Greenbacks,' says Secretary Chase

Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:03:23 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

V8s Road Warrior

Activity: 90
Merit: 44

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:18:17 PM

God how long does one shopping trip take?
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:30:50 PM

Arbitrage opportunity for the brave/foolhardy?
https://cointelegraph.com/news/iran-ditches-the-rial-amid-hyperinflation-as-localbitcoins-seem-to-trade-near-35k
Back in 2018, Iranian authorities set an official exchange rate at some 42,000 rial to the dollar. Many currency exchanges still show this as the going rate. At the same time, peer-to-peer Bitcoin exchange LocalBitcoins is seeing prices of 1,445,658,900 rials per BTC — according to the official exchange rate, roughly $34,500.

It is, however, not the time to start selling BTC in Iran. Despite official proclamations, the rial has taken a beating alongside the Iranian economy.

According to Radio Free Europe, black market trading had the U.S. dollar selling for 156,000 rials. The toman would cut four zeroes off of current rates, but may well run into the same problems that have stymied the rial.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:35:45 PM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

God how long does one shopping trip take?

Our beelivery order was delivered in less then 30 mins just now. 3.00 an order, but worth it i think. Nicely fills the gaps between the big Morrisons orders every 2 weeks.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:38:51 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2020, 06:49:46 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by LUCKMCFLY (1)

Should I FOMO in and buy bitcoins ?  Tongue

Don't FOMO in that is one of the worst approaches, because it will likely result in you overinvesting, and really I don't understand why anyone would by FOMOing in at this particular time.

You gotta save the FOMOing in at around $25k to $30k, and maybe even higher prices?  That would make more sense in terms of FOMOing.

It felt around 8K$ was a coherent equilibrium between the real commercial and technical network and the anticipations and the future.

You might be overanalyzing.  There is no real "fair" price for bitcoin, but sometimes you can kind of get a sense that if the price has been at a certain point for a while, then perhaps some buying support has built up at that level, though that is not really guaranteed, either.

We are sitting around 8800$/coin atm. On one hand, it feels it could get up to 10K$ and find a new higher equilibrium with all the money printing and risks of lost value in both USD and EUR. Bitcoin could to it correlated to the financial markets or with the financial markets going down.

You also seem to be thinking, way the fuck too much, short term.  You should first create a plan that has a minimum of 4 years investing, and better to have something that is much longer than that.  Of course, I cannot tell you specifically what your time horizon should be because I don't really know anything about you in terms of your age or your health or maybe some other factors that might affect how you consider your timeline....

Once you get a kind of long term  investment plan into bitcoin and you are mostly focusing on retaining your long term position and DCAing in, then once you are aligned with those goals, then maybe you can take a portion of your bitcoin portfolio value (perhaps 10% or so, and then fuck around with your little short-term theories in regards to a small portion of your BTC portfolio value), but you should establish and put in place a long term plan that has actually largely been met, before you start to fuck around with short term playing arounds (aka fuckening arounds).

On the other hand, there could be an other rush to liquidity first.

Of course, there could.  That is why your plan should be long term, including figuring out your accumulation goal, buying on dips and making sure that you continue to have enough money to continue to buy on the way down, just in case it does.

I just looked at your forum registration date, boumalo, and you have been registered on the forum as long as me, so you should have had enough time to accumulate a decent BTC position, right?  You been fucking around with shitcoins or employing other gambling techniques, such as trying to time the market, the whole time?  Even dollar cost averaging into bitcoin at $25 a week could have put you at a really reasonable stash of bitcoin by now - something around 17 to 20 bitcoins. See this chart comparing bitcoin to other investments with a $25 amount per week and a 7 year selection.

The financial markets have been going up and Bitcoin has been mostly correlated with the stock markets.

Again, your mindset seems to be too damned short term.  Sure bitcoin might be correlated with other assets such as stocks in the short term, but if you have been studying the BTC space long enough, you should be able to recognize that the short term correlation stories are largely a load of crap, even if you can see evidence of them in the short term.  Essentially, if you continue to focus on short term correlation (that concedingly happens to be true), then you are likely focusing on noise and likely going to get fucked by failing and refusing to execute a reasonable accumulation plan in regards to bitcoin, which seems that you may have already been failing and refusing to accumulate BTC if you are suggesting that any of us longer term bitcoiners should be giving very much weight to coincidental short-term correlation between bitcoin and any other asset class, whether we are talking about equities (stocks) or gold or any other asset.  

There continues to be a considerable amount of evidence for anyone willing to see it that bitcoin remains largely non-correlated to any other asset class, even though in the short term we are seeing evidence (and a decent amount of argument, aka likely FUD) to the contrary.

A lot of investors are still optimistic about a V shape recovery after the confinement and we have dip buyers that put floors on the market. Also, the market knows the central banks will intervene more and support prices so it feels they have been disregarding decrease profit forecasts, unemployment and the huge difficulties in some sectors.

Depending on where you are at with your investments in stocks and gold, then yeah, you might need to consider how much the performance (and predictions) regarding those markets should be factored into your bitcoin allocation considerations.

Surely, I have always suggested that almost anyone should be 1% to 10% in bitcoin, but your allocation percentage in bitcoin might also relate to what you have been doing with your whole history in bitcoin, for example in the last almost 7.5 years that you have been a member of this forum.

When I got into bitcoin in late 2013, I did not really consider how much I was going to allocate into bitcoin in terms of a percentage, but at that time, I did create a 6 month budget to accumulation through a kind of front loading DCA, with about at least a 1 year investment plan, but ideally more than a 2 year plan (in my then thinking), but I was going to play it by ear and to study the matter for the next 6 months while I was DCA investing into bitcoin.  Towards the end of those first 6 months (which would have been April/May 2014), I largely extended my accumulation plan another 6 months, and probably towards the end of the second six months (November 2014-ish), I had considered 10% into BTC as compared with my other quasi-liquid investments (which were mostly equities, but there were some cashflowing investments in there, too) to be my BTC accumulation goal.

Anyhow, my point continues to be that if you are currently trying to figure out how much to invest into bitcoin, and concerns that BTC might be correlated to equities, anyhow, then maybe you would end up just lowering your investment proportion in bitcoin because you do not consider bitcoin to be adding much if any value, apart from equities.  That is based on your own views of the matter.

Essentially, I do find your quandary of how much to invest into BTC right now to be a little bit hard to follow because no one really knows what the fuck to do with regard to equities and whether the little money printer go bbbbbbrrrrr plan is going to sufficiently hold up equity values during these trying times, and surely there is both a lot of doubt out there regarding whether money printer go bbbbbbbrrrrrr is a sufficient plan in order to hold up equities in these kinds of times.  

There are many guys (and gal) here in this thread who seem to believe that the money printer go bbbbbrrrrr scenario actually is bullish for bitcoin (moreso than equities), and they would rather overallocate a bit into bitcoin during these kinds of times and the money printer go bbbbbbrrrrrr plan is actually more rather than less bullish in terms of allocating a higher percentage into bitcoin relative to equities than you would have done in other scenarios.  

Of course, reasonable minds can differ too, and we will find out in the coming 4-6 years (probably a lot shorter than that) whether over-allocating into bitcoin as compared to equities ended up paying off as a better plan.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:51:29 PM

maybe some of you overlay masters can work this out with something clearer

whos following who here is all I wanna know

D

DJI

Coincidental short term correlation is likely to be noise, and it really does not matter who happens to be following who.

Zoom the fuck out, ToxicMoxic!!!

You deserve a batman slap for merely thinking those thoughts.

infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 06:01:03 PM

I hope you never change, Jay.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 06:04:02 PM

Nice setup.

not bad for a 10 year old platform, lol, still gets the frames in the games I play, even at 5760x1080

but yeah, I think your sked for a new build is about right, hopefully by then we will have the GPU horsepower for 3@4K with good frames
Pages: « 1 ... 26413 26414 26415 26416 26417 26418 26419 26420 26421 26422 26423 26424 26425 26426 26427 26428 26429 26430 26431 26432 26433 26434 26435 26436 26437 26438 26439 26440 26441 26442 26443 26444 26445 26446 26447 26448 26449 26450 26451 26452 26453 26454 26455 26456 26457 26458 26459 26460 26461 26462 [26463] 26464 26465 26466 26467 26468 26469 26470 26471 26472 26473 26474 26475 26476 26477 26478 26479 26480 26481 26482 26483 26484 26485 26486 26487 26488 26489 26490 26491 26492 26493 26494 26495 26496 26497 26498 26499 26500 26501 26502 26503 26504 26505 26506 26507 26508 26509 26510 26511 26512 26513 ... 33284 »
  Print  

Jump to: