June 23, 2024, 12:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26502 26503 26504 26505 26506 26507 26508 26509 26510 26511 26512 26513 26514 26515 26516 26517 26518 26519 26520 26521 26522 26523 26524 26525 26526 26527 26528 26529 26530 26531 26532 26533 26534 26535 26536 26537 26538 26539 26540 26541 26542 26543 26544 26545 26546 26547 26548 26549 26550 26551 [26552] 26553 26554 26555 26556 26557 26558 26559 26560 26561 26562 26563 26564 26565 26566 26567 26568 26569 26570 26571 26572 26573 26574 26575 26576 26577 26578 26579 26580 26581 26582 26583 26584 26585 26586 26587 26588 26589 26590 26591 26592 26593 26594 26595 26596 26597 26598 26599 26600 26601 26602 ... 33472 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26405175 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 11:08:05 PM

the longer the "sell the news" dip fails to materialize...
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5030

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 11:20:03 PM

Im getting weird emails from Circle, anyone else?

I had a few saying I am credited with funds. It looks to be genuinely from them.

Did they create it when they separated from Polo ?

Its a mystery maybe I entered something with them when they were setting it up. But I never funded or used it.

Is it just marketing crap?

Looks like I joined in 2014 so it would be a long con

Just these mysterious deposits ? only about 10£ worth in 2 transactions according to the mails.

Circle is Goldmann BallSacks, if you don't use them than do not respond as they collect and sell your data. They Bought and used Polo accounts to data mine and take coins and then spun it back off. They ripped off about 30% of my polo coins and I still don't have the rest.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 12:57:24 AM

shrimpdoomfuck
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 01:51:31 AM
Merited by Globb0 (2), 600watt (1)

the evening wall report

Bitcoin posted strong gainz today breaking above the $9,000 level and rallying to a high of $9,418.46 on moderate volumes. Recovering around 61.8% of last weeks high of $10,074 bitcoin increased the de-coupling narrative against the S&P500 as it fell 1.75% today vs bitcoins 5% gain.

4h

long fibs in orange
medium fibs in green
short fibs in blue to give you something to look at
#dyor
D

#stronghands
Room101

Activity: 541
Merit: 362

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 03:11:32 AM

Jesus, first time here in 3 years, and I recognize half you motherfuckers! Is jstolfi still desperately trying to convince everyone bitcoin is a scam and will be going to zero by this time next week....because tulips, beanie babies, and math/economics we are all too stupid to understand? Trying to remember the other bears? Kwakduck?
Bitcoinaire

Activity: 696
Merit: 439

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 03:25:20 AM

Jesus, first time here in 3 years, and I recognize half you motherfuckers! Is jstolfi still desperately trying to convince everyone bitcoin is a scam and will be going to zero by this time next week....because tulips, beanie babies, and math/economics we are all too stupid to understand? Trying to remember the other bears? Kwakduck?

Edward50? He was a bitter bear and sold way too early, from what I remember.
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 03:28:45 AM

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2218
Merit: 3242

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 03:42:58 AM

^ There might be one great bear left where we are going:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursa_Major
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 03:45:42 AM

stolfi was a visionary, some kind of prophet really
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10428

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 03:53:49 AM

But now I can't decide whether knowing now that bitcoin will do the opposite of what I expect, must mean that btc will do what I expect, in a double-negative kind of a way. Or have I now triple-negatived myself?  

Some how you have to attempt to get one step ahead of yourself.  It appears that you have real troubles in your future.

Ha, you're probably right. My post was light-hearted but thankfully, my 'HODL btc through everything' approach has at least proven to be a really good hedge against such over-stepping  Grin

I have to admit JJG, non-judgementally of course, that I often haven't had time in the past to read a lot on here, and your posts, often being the longest of all, can get skim-read or skipped. Nothing personal. But lockdown has given me the luxury of time to read them in their entirety these days.  And they're generally enjoyable and worth the effort.

Unfortunately lockdown restrictions were eased today a little here, so real life might take over again. But it's been nice to be back here for a few weeks to see who's still around, who has grown in merit count, who is still posting drivel and BS. But the bulls have definitely won against the bears here in the WO, compared to years gone by.

I left here for a year or two, I think, when this place had become a cesspool of racism and even nazi sympathy on the part of some, but those sad days now seem to be behind us, thankfully.  It's interesting to step away and then return, as a kind of experiment in observing the evolution of the WO thread.  Once lockdown ends I'll have to disappear again for a while, such is the nature of my way-of-being.  But until then, it's a nice place to hang around and feel some solidarity, albeit with a few still on Ignore (and still worthy of being so, it would seem).

I think that there is very little deleting of posts in this thread, including the various -isms that spew out from time to time... so  those kinds of -ism shit-stirring ideas are likely to continue to be batted around in this thread.. and probably not really a BIG problem.. because there seems to be quite a bit of tolerance for lots of ideas...

This thread is like the bitcoin maximalists troll box, with a free-speech twist, and anything goes, including -isms, as long as you are not pumping some kind of shitcoin, and surely any of us should skim or skip the contents of any post if we don't want to engage with that kind of content.

Surely we have some kind of consensus in this thread against the shilling of shitcoins, and of course, BTC bashers need to back-up their claims with evidence too; otherwise, they are likely to receive quite a bit of backlash, ridicule and beatings in regards to their nonsense..

When there is a lack of appreciation for king daddy, then there tends to be a price to be paid...... deservedly-so.

I will admit that of course, there still remain some of those bitcoin naysayers and shitcoin sympathetic members within our midst, but if they try to spout of their nonsense too frequently, there are quite a few active members in this thread who do NOT hesitate to provide sufficient and necessary beatings... So the existence of shitcoin pumping wannabes is fine to some extent and likely keeps us from devolving too much into a circle jerk.  

Ok, on with double-negative, triple-bluffed HODLing....

Fair enough.

As you were, difficult to pin-down soldier.   Wink
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 04:57:10 AM

- New study says Covid-19 doesn’t just ravage the lungs, your balls and hurt the heart, it also can affect the brain in many cases.

Interesting study would be great to see the reference...
Assuming the hemoglobin theory is correct it would work something like this.

Corona attacks the oxygen carrying blood cells, and in so doing releases iron ions from said cells that are poisonous to the body. These ions kind of float around in the lungs, like a cloud of corrosive poison, which is why we see both lungs being evenly attacked in the "shattered glass" pattern people keep talking about, rather than in just one lung like with normal influenza.

The body has natural cleaning mechanisms for these iron ions, but not in the amounts now produced. The liver and kidneys are working overtime to get rid of them, but because the hemoglobin can no longer carry oxygen around the body they don't have the fuel to work properly. It would make sense if this lack of oxygen also affects the brain, along with many other parts of the body.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 04:59:41 AM

Stocks are down, BTC is up, think we finally got our decoupling  Grin

We were never coupled, people just see patterns where there are none. Perfectly normal.

Unlike the... ENTIRE fiat economy, bitcoin has physical constraints. It is its own thing and always will be as long as we use this faulty legacy financial system.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2020, 05:26:37 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin Optech Newsletter #97

This week’s newsletter describes a proposal that taproot signatures make an additional commitment to spent scriptPubKeys and includes our regular sections with the summary of a Bitcoin Core PR Review Club meeting, a list of releases and release candidates, and descriptions of notable changes to popular Bitcoin infrastructure software.
https://bitcoinops.org/en/newsletters/2020/05/13/

Dominance: 67% / $9,325
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1543

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 05:27:11 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Last of the V8s (1)

~snip~

You do have many advantages that's why i am the one asking the questions and you are answering them as best as you can so no contest here.  
After I posted, I was kind of second-guessing whether I should have gone down that line of thought in terms of attempting to make some speculative comparisons because it is so difficult to extrapolate and compare because I even question how I would have handled myself if I had exposure to bitcoin in my earlier days of building various aspects of my investment portfolio, and on an ongoing basis there are going to be temptations to pull out some of the value along the way... and so maybe I am even thinking that I might have been too scared to have been in bitcoin in any kind of meaningful way in my earlier investment years.... so it is so difficult to extrapolate to the 80s and 90s in comparison to what are today's options.
I think that's where kids growing up/born in 90's had a slight edge over previous generation. You guys had a first mover advantage +money but there was no-one to guide you when you entered in BTCland or any other investment, on the other hand my generation is lucky enough to get tons of guidance and info about almost anything, all we have to do is keep our head straight and get our act together as we are kinda reckless and bit cocky at some points.

Yeah based on fiat value.. 60%-80% payment comes in btc depending on the different contracts/clients. So far I never felt cashing out my BTC salary, except 2-3 times, Profit-lose swings both ways continuously due to volatility but i don't trade so its automatically goes into my Hodl stash and i don't care much about when BTC goes down 1k or something as its temporary IMO .

During my building of my investment formative years, which was largely in the late 80s and through the 90s, I feel that I never really invested more than 10% of my overall cashflow into various investments, but I continued to make those kinds of investments steadily, even when i started with some mediocre jobs during that time, and even when I went to college and used some of my interest-free student loans to build investment practices, I largely stuck with about 10% of my cashflow that was dedicated to investment, but some of that cashflow involved leveraging debt.  

Seems that I did not really go beyond 10% until I landed a fairly decent job, after quite a bit of college, and then at that point, I could dedicate more cashflow towards investing that maybe lasted a bit over 12 years.. and maybe there were periods that I invested 30% of my cashflow into various investments... so it seems that I never got anywhere near 60% that I allocated towards investing, and I can hardly even imagine investing 80% of my cashflow... gosh I feel like I must have been lacking a lot of discipline compared to you, JSRAW.

Rest of the remaining fiat salary is enough to get things going irl because i have virtually 0 debt and i try to avoid spending money on unnecessary stuff so it helps my cause in some extent.  

Of course, living within your means remains important, and I have always had access to a decent amount of debt that I could draw from and to circulate for my investments, and perhaps that could have been a bad practice for me to be using debt; however, I doubt that I could have landed high paying jobs without my education debt, and then even when I had jobs, I still would leverage some of my investments with debt, and frequently, the servicing of the debts were NOT very bad, so I am NOT sure in the end whether i could have reached as high of levels of capital accumulation if I had not been given access to very cheap debt.  
I started my first job when i was 16yo and recently turned 31. Never went to college so here goes major debt etc, going to college and spending 3 years was bit luxury for me back then anyway, had important things to care of. like everyone else i did all kinds of menial jobs in my initial years and luckily got into my current profession. Apart from real state BTC is my first ever investment (2017) and i am bit late here so i am just catching up by putting fiat in BTC. Percentage of investment might change in future according to situation.

Will revise my strategy after BTC cross $15-$20k and i am sure things might change drastically once i get married or when babies comes.

Overall, it seems that your percentage of your cashflow going into BTC does seem to be quite high, but so long as you feel that you can cover your remaining living and emergency expenses with whatever fiat that you have coming in, then I suppose that those systems will serve you decently well, too.

Of course, baby and wifey are likely to cause additional expenses.. and also maybe some changes in your allocation and even investment opportunities... but sounds like you are, at least, attempting to engage with your situation and to plan ahead.... but a similar thing was going on with mindrust, too.   At several points he had said that he was putting so damned much of his total percentage into BTC (it was like 40% without any other investments), so part of an anticipated problem can come if the BTC price moves against you when you start to have so much value in one asset or a narrow set of assets, and then you see so much loss of value on paper if the price moves against you.. or even the BTC price might fail/refuse to rally.. so then you have to account for those possibilities too.. which might just mean, NOT investing so much into BTC and just letting what you have already invested ride while you just make sure that you have plenty on your fiat side to ride through the various waves including any emergencies that might come, too.

Surely, it is good to hear about differing perspectives and approaches, and I like the idea of changed dynamic with zero debt, because it is likely a bit more straight forward, and surely bitcoin still seems to serve as a kind of asymmetric bet, so it is not exactly necessary to use any debt or leverage and still to be able to potentially profit stupendously by merely ongoingly stacking sats within an ongoing reasonable budget.  

Its seems high but like i mentioned i started investing very late so for me its - Catching up- strategy and when i first found out about BTC during China fud back in 2017, I didn't waste much time and took a gamble by investing almost all my saving into BTC then sold big chunk of portfolio during the bull run, although it was panic sell. This panic sell and investing everything was risky but this gamble worked out pretty well and it helped me in my ongoing investing. I am now more careful and prepare with the investing and price swings.

Baby and wifey are big one so yeah trying. You are right mindrust and my strategy was same, but we both have different personality with different mindset when looking at the same thing. for ex; he saw recent crash as doomsday and sold everything and for me it was doomsday situation too but another opportunity to grab some more BTC, even though i missed the sub $4k. i am still happy that i successfully grabbed some at $5k. I don't want to treat him like a punching bag as its his decision whatever the hell he want to do with his life or BTC stash etc, Its not kindergarten anyway.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 05:48:51 AM

Covid-19 A Result of Lab Manipulation? Suspicions Grow...

Those doing gain of function research "prior" on these virus that were shipped to Wuhan are by law, complicit in murder, mass murder in over 100 countries.
It should surprise no one that those whose names are on those research papers, especially from gain of function research, and coordination with Wuhan are doing everything they are able to prevent Hague hearings.
Those who funded, transported, researched, supplied, and managed all the above know the precedent set after WWII. They ALL hung with the butchers.
Propaganda ministers and writers were right beside them ... media writers, TV reporters, managers, producers, internet execs deleting real info and putting out disinformation need remember that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/american-scientist-murdered-in-crete-suffered-a-slow-death-forensic-pathologists-say/
American scientist murdered in Crete suffered a slow death, forensic pathologists say
We're getting a closer look at the site in Greece where an American scientist was found dead. Greek police tell CBS News they are conducting DNA tests on several people in connection with the murder of Suzanne Eaton.

What's this, cookie?
No, it's a cunt attempt, followed by J bot merit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Eaton

Officially she was raped and killed by a psycho. Last year.

Also:
https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/rape-statistics-by-country/
It's South Africa for you r0ach.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2096
Merit: 1469

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 05:52:10 AM

we goin' to the moon boys

True, but it will probably be a leisurely cruise rather than a quick commute.

Slow at first... then BOOM!
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 05:54:06 AM

we goin' to the moon boys

True, but it will probably be a leisurely cruise rather than a quick commute.

Slow at first... then BOOM!

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 06:02:30 AM

three years? welcome back.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2096
Merit: 1469

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 06:08:28 AM

heslo
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1032

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 06:16:26 AM

No, that loser now hangs out in the /r/btc subreddit with all the bcash tards
Pages: « 1 ... 26502 26503 26504 26505 26506 26507 26508 26509 26510 26511 26512 26513 26514 26515 26516 26517 26518 26519 26520 26521 26522 26523 26524 26525 26526 26527 26528 26529 26530 26531 26532 26533 26534 26535 26536 26537 26538 26539 26540 26541 26542 26543 26544 26545 26546 26547 26548 26549 26550 26551 [26552] 26553 26554 26555 26556 26557 26558 26559 26560 26561 26562 26563 26564 26565 26566 26567 26568 26569 26570 26571 26572 26573 26574 26575 26576 26577 26578 26579 26580 26581 26582 26583 26584 26585 26586 26587 26588 26589 26590 26591 26592 26593 26594 26595 26596 26597 26598 26599 26600 26601 26602 ... 33472 »
  Print  

Jump to: