May 13, 2024, 01:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26656 26657 26658 26659 26660 26661 26662 26663 26664 26665 26666 26667 26668 26669 26670 26671 26672 26673 26674 26675 26676 26677 26678 26679 26680 26681 26682 26683 26684 26685 26686 26687 26688 26689 26690 26691 26692 26693 26694 26695 26696 26697 26698 26699 26700 26701 26702 26703 26704 26705 [26706] 26707 26708 26709 26710 26711 26712 26713 26714 26715 26716 26717 26718 26719 26720 26721 26722 26723 26724 26725 26726 26727 26728 26729 26730 26731 26732 26733 26734 26735 26736 26737 26738 26739 26740 26741 26742 26743 26744 26745 26746 26747 26748 26749 26750 26751 26752 26753 26754 26755 26756 ... 33345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382462 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 07:17:21 PM

Pay off most things like mortgage and be a free man... let the rest mature further
Nothing free about having to pay taxes.

New poll suggestion. Do you say yes or no to the taxman? Is it better to be a slave or a prisoner?

I keep my capital gains under the level required to have a tax rate of 0%. It used to be $35k which was fine living in Thailand. Now I am married so that is now just over $70k. Plenty of income for me per year. It's fairly cheap living here in Panama.

Speaking of, we are considering eventually moving to somewhere in the US. Does anyone know of which state has the lowest/almost zero property taxes?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:23:09 PM

Pay off most things like mortgage and be a free man... let the rest mature further

New poll suggestion. Do you say yes or no to the taxman? Is it better to be a slave or a prisoner?

I keep my capital gains under the level required to have a tax rate of 0%. It used to be $35k which was fine living in Thailand. Now I am married so that is now just over $70k. Plenty of income for me per year. It's fairly cheap living here in Panama.

Speaking of, we are considering eventually moving to somewhere in the US. Does anyone know of which state has the lowest/almost zero property taxes?

Hawaii, but then you have to deal with the volcano situation.

I'd look at southern states like Alabama, Louisiana, or Tennessee. Maybe Utah as well, they are fairly pro-Libertarian.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:24:02 PM

I'd look at southern states like Alabama, Louisiana, or Tennessee.

Roll Eyes

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-the-highest-and-lowest-property-taxes/11585/
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:32:13 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2020, 07:44:59 PM by Biodom

Roll Eyes

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-the-highest-and-lowest-property-taxes/11585/

I think that the best combo (as far as taxation levels) is Wyoming with 0.61% RE tax, but NO state tax.
Louisiana and Alabama both have slightly lower RE tax, but a hefty state tax.
https://www.thebalance.com/state-income-tax-rates-3193320

However, if given a choice, for me it would be either Hawaii, Colorado or Washington/Oregon. I don't mind paying a bit for beautiful nature and/or access to water.
Re Hawaii: I have been on Maui when volcano was erupting on the big island. I felt nothing on the west side of Maui. One thing for sure: if you are interested in in RE investment income, then Hawaii is the place to buy RE (even if it is expensive there). There always be tourists paying good money to rent once the current craziness passes.
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:37:45 PM

Roll Eyes

I think that the best combo is Wyoming with 0.61% RE tax, but NO state tax.
Louisiana and Alabama both have slightly lower RE tax, but a hefty state tax.
https://www.thebalance.com/state-income-tax-rates-3193320

valid point..saving a few bucks on property taxes and then get eaten alive on a sales tax or state income tax...they seem to have the game sufficiently rigged no matter where you go...

this aggression will not stand man
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:46:11 PM

Government over-reach again. Or perhaps under-reach, depends how they go about it.
As long as it is strictly advisory it's fine. We have those in denmark too and nobody is going to come running if you stand a little too close to someone. Hand sanitizers are in every major store and I never use them, never even got a sideways look for that. Let people choose and things will work out.

Ibian, it's a joke, it says pubic instead of public.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:47:33 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Biodom (1), Torque (1)

Good afternoon Bitcoinland. Finally got some internet connectivity after an outage of almost 2 days. The trouble I had connecting to some sites that I posted about 2 days ago was just the start of a total breakdown. No internet means no contact with the outside world here. Thank gawd for large MP4/DivX collections on external SSDs. Thank you Bittorrent.

As it is, I didn't miss much in the world of Bitcoin. After a bit of bouncing, we're still in the mid-$9xxx range... currently $9708USD (Stamp). Can't quote Bitcoinaverage because it's one of the sites I still can't connect to.

Go Bitcoin go.

Jimbo is a boomer. He complains about being lumped in with those "other" boomers of a slightly different age, yet says not a word about the taxes they have imposed on all of us. Boomers are inherently narcissistic. Look elsewhere for answers.

Lawl. Which taxes exactly did boomers "impose on all of us"? The most evil of taxes, income tax, is centuries old in Britain. Even in the USA, the 16th Amendment is over a century old. The free government spending of the New Deal started long before the boomers were born. Boomers are victims just like everyone else since.

As for boomers being narcissistic, look who's talking. Boomers aren't the ones referred to as "snowflakes".

Boomers were about change: civil rights, the sexual revolution, the peace movement, the counterculture, rebelling against the military industrial complex, etc.

Look elsewhere for scapegoats.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:55:53 PM

Coronavirus Cases: 7,142,910. Deaths: 407,326. Recovered: 3,484,678.

- The world just reported more than 136,000 cases in a singel day, its highest number so far.

- 2m total cases in the U.S.

- Morocco extends lockdown after new outbreak in Marrakesh.

- Poland has ordered the temporary closure of 12 coalmines after a major outbreak among miners.

- Sweden recorded three consecutive days of over 1,000 new cases.

- Brazil reported a record number of daily deaths, overtakes Italy to become third highest worldwide.

- Mexico sees deaths twice as high as previous record.

- Argentina extends lockdown.

- South Africa sees record rise in cases.

- Brazil stops releasing Covid 19 death toll and wipes data from official site after soaring deaths.

- Suriname goes into total lockdown. Dutch ABC islands (Aruba/Bonaire/Curaçao) not effected.

- Turkey announces weekend lockdown in 15 cities.

- Pakistan reports record jump in cases.

- Concerns are growing about the true extent of the Coronavirus outbreak in Afghanistan.

- Iran reaches new peak in virus transmission.

- Hospitals collapsed in Armenia they can no longer cope with the number of patients.

- Guatemala president to work remotely after 18 staff get Coronavirus.

- Thousands of Dutch Covid 19 patients likely have permanent lung damage, some of them are out of breath after walking few meters.

- Japan's household spending falls at record pace as virus stalls economy.

- New Zealand lifts all social and economic restrictions except border controls after declaring it is free of the virus.

The rise in Sweden is due to more extensive testing, some of those who went untested before are no being tested.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 08:05:17 PM

Jimbo is a boomer. He complains about being lumped in with those "other" boomers of a slightly different age, yet says not a word about the taxes they have imposed on all of us. Boomers are inherently narcissistic. Look elsewhere for answers.

Lawl. Which taxes exactly did boomers "impose on all of us"? The most evil of taxes, income tax, is centuries old in Britain. Even in the USA, the 16th Amendment is over a century old. The free government spending of the New Deal started long before the boomers were born. Boomers are victims just like everyone else since.

As for boomers being narcissistic, look who's talking. Boomers aren't the ones referred to as "snowflakes".

Boomers were about change: civil rights, the sexual revolution, the peace movement, the counterculture, rebelling against the military industrial complex, etc.

Not to mention, the vast majority of Boomers I have met in my lifetime said that they voted against the raising of taxes (through parties or reps) at every step in their lives. But with such a corrupt political system, they were going to go up regardless.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 08:05:46 PM

Good afternoon Bitcoinland. Finally got some internet connectivity after an outage of almost 2 days. The trouble I had connecting to some sites that I posted about 2 days ago was just the start of a total breakdown. No internet means no contact with the outside world here. Thank gawd for large MP4/DivX collections on external SSDs. Thank you Bittorrent.

As it is, I didn't miss much in the world of Bitcoin. After a bit of bouncing, we're still in the mid-$9xxx range... currently $9708USD (Stamp). Can't quote Bitcoinaverage because it's one of the sites I still can't connect to.

Go Bitcoin go.

The welfare state. And the fact that your only defense is "lawl" just further reinforces things.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 08:08:42 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2020, 08:30:54 PM by Ibian

Not to mention, the vast majority of Boomers I have met in my lifetime said that they voted against the raising of taxes (through parties or reps) at every step in their lives. But with such a corrupt political system, they were going to go up regardless.
Then you have not met the vast majority of boomers. Either that, or voting actually does not matter.

Edit: Or they are just lying. That's one of the defining characteristics of narcissists, incidentally.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 08:23:10 PM

Nasdaq 10K maybe tomorrow, what craziness is that?
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 08:45:10 PM

Go Bitcoin go.

+1 WOsMerit

welcome back Jimbo..glad all is well.  Steady as she goes.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 08:47:03 PM

Nasdaq 10K maybe tomorrow, what craziness is that?

USD getting worthless?

Guess that was the plan
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 08:49:50 PM

The welfare state. And the fact that your only defense is "lawl" just further reinforces things.

Do you have a reading comprehension issue?

I clearly explained that the welfare state existed long before boomers.

Then you have not met the vast majority of boomers.

You think you know what the "vast majority of boomers" is? Pardon me if I laugh again.

How many decades have you been observing boomers in how many thousands of localities for you to be an expert on boomers?

It's easier for a boomer to be an expert on snowflakes than for a snowflake to be an expert on boomers.  Cool

Either that, or voting actually does not matter.

Now you're finally starting to make sense.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4905

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 08:54:21 PM

Either that, or voting actually does not matter.

Now you're finally starting to make sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 09:02:28 PM
Merited by serveria.com (1)

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10241

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 09:07:22 PM

The problem is not that the taxes are too high, but probably a lack of taxes, especially the very wealthy don't pay shit, instead, they loan money to the government and the government overall creates money out of thin air rather than figuring out reasonable means to create sustainable programs, to live within reasonable means.. but hey, war mentality and outrageous spending on conquering the world in various ways and/or conquering people within the country is not exactly an approach to governance that is based on reason.. or fairness but instead bullying exacerbation of outrageous wealth disparities including fear to do anything that attempts to reign in exorbitant wealth because regular people want to identify with the filthy rich bullies and act as if the filthy rich deserved their gains and regular people want to aspire to such status, too... and believe that government is getting in the way.. instead of being a tool that should be more responsibly directed as a tool of the people rather than a tool for the filthy rich to exploit with their shenanigans.

In other words... pay your fucking taxes... and sure nothing wrong with either figuring out ways to pay less or figuring out ways to get benefits but also ways to make government more responsible and responsive to regular people, not an easy task, even with a money like bitcoin that is hopefully going to bring some abilities to make governments more responsive, but might take 50 years or more.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 09:10:22 PM

I don't want to pay taxes, but it's better than getting my ass pounded in prison.  Undecided
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 09:13:27 PM
Merited by CjMapope (1)

And the fact that your only defense is "lawl" just further reinforces things.

lawl    <--- just for ibian
Pages: « 1 ... 26656 26657 26658 26659 26660 26661 26662 26663 26664 26665 26666 26667 26668 26669 26670 26671 26672 26673 26674 26675 26676 26677 26678 26679 26680 26681 26682 26683 26684 26685 26686 26687 26688 26689 26690 26691 26692 26693 26694 26695 26696 26697 26698 26699 26700 26701 26702 26703 26704 26705 [26706] 26707 26708 26709 26710 26711 26712 26713 26714 26715 26716 26717 26718 26719 26720 26721 26722 26723 26724 26725 26726 26727 26728 26729 26730 26731 26732 26733 26734 26735 26736 26737 26738 26739 26740 26741 26742 26743 26744 26745 26746 26747 26748 26749 26750 26751 26752 26753 26754 26755 26756 ... 33345 »
  Print  

Jump to: