June 21, 2024, 07:55:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29461 29462 29463 29464 29465 29466 29467 29468 29469 29470 29471 29472 29473 29474 29475 29476 29477 29478 29479 29480 29481 29482 29483 29484 29485 29486 29487 29488 29489 29490 29491 29492 29493 29494 29495 29496 29497 29498 29499 29500 29501 29502 29503 29504 29505 29506 29507 29508 29509 29510 [29511] 29512 29513 29514 29515 29516 29517 29518 29519 29520 29521 29522 29523 29524 29525 29526 29527 29528 29529 29530 29531 29532 29533 29534 29535 29536 29537 29538 29539 29540 29541 29542 29543 29544 29545 29546 29547 29548 29549 29550 29551 29552 29553 29554 29555 29556 29557 29558 29559 29560 29561 ... 33468 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26404446 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 04:01:26 PM

Explanation
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1782

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2021, 04:12:31 PM

The poll is wrongly worded for this thread. Roll Eyes

The wording should be: How much would you buy if Satoshis coins moved to an exchange? Because you know the shakey hands would drive the prices down so hard for a short amount of time. You know how many cheap coins you could buy? Seriously.

Well lets say you are out of ammo,

Would you sell 20% knowing you will be buying back after the panic firesale?

Diamond hands are not as prevalent as those in this thread.

There of course are alot of knee jerk answers that would not reflect reality.

Well, the panic and stupidity of humans is something you can safely bet on. So I guess I would sell some just to have enough fiat to buy at a lower price. Still risky. But as long as I don't get greedy I think I could easily get a 10% bag increase...
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8051

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2021, 04:17:44 PM

The wording should be: How much would you buy if Satoshis coins moved to an exchange? Because you know the shakey hands would drive the prices down so hard for a short amount of time. You know how many cheap coins you could buy? Seriously.

Well, the panic and stupidity of humans is something you can safely bet on. So I guess I would sell some just to have enough fiat to buy at a lower price. Still risky. But as long as I don't get greedy I think I could easily get a 10% bag increase...

I picked 20%

But in reality it is more likely I would buy the dip.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10425

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 04:28:05 PM

Yeah... Why Bob? I think very highly of Andreas and his work on educating the masses about Bitcoin.

He's got too much "paid salesperson" / Ron Popeil type vibe going on now.

Used Bitcoin to prop himself up, with the help of the community, and now he's like a JJG kinda guy who loves sniffing his own farts,

I was going to say something about your petty whiny little ass in terms of your Andreas criticism earlier, but I thought that I would just let it slide for the moment, even though I did recognize that there was no there there, beyond your being a jealous and petty weak-assed emotional cunt.  Probably you consider that a compliment.  hahahahaha.. you deranged attention-whoring dweeb.

#nohomo... or maybe #homo.. whatever...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

and thinks he's too good for anyone who dares disagree with him. Has blocked a whole bunch of luminaries who dared call him out. Painted himself into a corner and did himself no favors. Viewed as a pariah.

I will agree that Andreas is a weird and emotional character.. and probably is way more comparable to ur lil selfie than to me.. and least in terms of some of his petty blocking of people and unable to take criticisms.

Andreas is a quite great historical and public contributor to the BTC space.. in a lot of ways.. and cannot deny him that even though he has several petty ways including probably being a bit more receptive to shitcoin pumpenings than would be preferable..but whatever, he does seem to have pretty high personal ethics, even if his behavior may end up having some questionable ethical ramifications in terms of either enabling other scammers or seeming to look the other way in terms of some important problematic areas that involve scamminess of some projects and people who likes based on what seems to be SWJ-like principles.

Absolute narcissist case gone pathologically wrong. Started off altruistic, but once he got fame/retard-income-stream for a bit there - briefly - went to his head, and turned into an absolute Garbageman.

That's a bit exaggerated Bawb.   Roll Eyes  Andreas still has a lot of great redeeming qualities, even if some of us might not agree with him on some of his points or his ways of presenting some matters... and by the way, I doubt that he is less narcissistic than you... but whatever.. you are the one making the narcissistic accusation.. which seems a wee bit problematic for a guy with your history.. even when you erased a whole shit-ton of it.. which still does not mean that it did not happen.. for some of us who remember your seemingly never-ending quasi-nonsubstantive attention-whoring.

I belong to the Twitter Toxic Bitcorn Maxi Clan, so, that's where this observation is coming from.

Good for you on the bitcoin maximalism issues, but not sure if you would be reliable in a pinch.. or in the trenches when shit is really going down.. but hey, each of us has to come to our judgements in terms of if we might want to get stuck in the trenches with nutjob 1, 2, or 3 and which might be the lesser of evils...

Looks like Bob's not the only one having a few hiccups.
https://odysee.com/@aantonop:8/how-do-you-do-a-dos-attack-on-your-own:2

To be fair, @aantonop is a fucking retarded shill.

I have merited this because you are principled enough to say it.  I think he was a great boon for early Bitcoin.  And he's a complex dude.  I can't STAND his political stance (nor do I agree with most of his positions as expressed, but I am not talking about that I am talking about the holier than thou, preachy intolerance).  And he does seem to have a bit of shilliness...  I do not mind that he is somewhat permissive of altcoins.  But the dude has to be smart enough to understand why ETH is doomed to not only centralize but be a net negative for "crypto".  And he wrote that book.. yeah.  Shill.

I cannot really disagree with this cAPSLOCK's way of framing the matter, because it seems to be less detached than Bawb's petty and emotional way of framing the matter.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 04:33:19 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Let see the worst case scenario how much Satoshi owns guessing from the earliest wallets. Two Bitcoin wallets associated with Satoshi holds 980,000 bitcoin which is about $54.10 billion as of today on Oct 2021. That’s less than two days of current trading volume of Bitcoin. (last 24h volume is $38.36b).

So yes it will slightly effect bitcoin price in terms of $ and guess how much time would it take to recover back? Few weeks? Couple of months? Or a year? That’s it…. That’s it even a year is too much of over calculation. But question here is would I be selling “any thing” because of any such event?

Well, the concern behind Satoshi moving his coins has always been less about his ability to move the market and more about possibly losing his anonymity and his hands-off approach and also the potential signalling of his confidence in Bitcoin. I'd say all three of these are much diminished compared to, 5-7 years ago though.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 04:56:10 PM

Let see the worst case scenario how much Satoshi owns guessing from the earliest wallets. Two Bitcoin wallets associated with Satoshi holds 980,000 bitcoin which is about $54.10 billion as of today on Oct 2021. That’s less than two days of current trading volume of Bitcoin. (last 24h volume is $38.36b).

So yes it will slightly effect bitcoin price in terms of $ and guess how much time would it take to recover back? Few weeks? Couple of months? Or a year? That’s it…. That’s it even a year is too much of over calculation. But question here is would I be selling “any thing” because of any such event?

Well, the concern behind Satoshi moving his coins has always been less about his ability to move the market and more about possibly losing his anonymity and his hands-off approach and also the potential signalling of his confidence in Bitcoin. I'd say all three of these are much diminished compared to, 5-7 years ago though.

wat wen satoshi REBOOT bitcoin? Wink teeheehe
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 04:59:38 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4)

I am 64 soon to be 65 my luck btc will truly moon 🌝 and I will finally be a millionaire just in time for the real lockdown.

This should be a lesson to all newbies that even a modest ongoing BTC investment (accumulation) plan that involves DCA can put in you in a better position than either valuing your wealth in dollars or considering that even if you are using BTC on a regular basis (such as mining or providing some other BTC service or receiving BTC through selling goods), you are not going to be able to benefit in any kind of material and meaningful way from your historical involvement in BTC if you do not stack some of your nuts, like a squirrel... so in that regard, it should not matter if you are "required" to sell some of your BTC for fiat expenses.. blah blah blah.. you should still be cognizant of how much you are (or have been) stacking, too... and trying to maintain some kind of meaningful balance to at least attempt to approximate or simulate a kind of DCA strategy of some kind of level that is significant and above and beyond the stacking of zero sats.

For example, your forum registration is more than 9 years, so even the most modest of BTC DCA plans of $10 per week and $4,700 in total invested would have already put you at greater than $1 million in terms of spot BTC price with more than 23 BTC and a current value of nearly $1.3 million.

For sure with someone who had been engaged in mining, there would have had needed to have been some systematic holding back of some of the BTC - including at least $10 per week or perhaps even a bit more aggressively would have even been MOAR better than making sure that you fiat expenses were sufficiently covered.

Of course, I am not even really against $10 per week, but comparing modest DCA of even that kind of a level surely can serve as a kind of performance measure to compare what you are doing to what you might be doing in a kind of better case scenario, but many adults can be more aggressive than $10 per week.. that's for sure, and these days with the lower value of the dollar, perhaps $100 per week for any adult over 30 years old (and out of university) should be more than reachable.  

I do recognize and appreciate that some younger people do have tighter cash flows and may well not be able to afford to be more aggressive, even at $100 per week.. but I remember in the 80s and 90s, I had some investments that I was putting a couple hundred dollars a month into, even back then and even when my income was pretty damned low.., and sure we can appreciate that even those in poorer countries might have pretty tight cashflows too (even in terms of being able to get up to being able to afford $10 per week to stack away), so each of us just should be doing what we can in terms of trying to improve our lots for the future 4-10 years down the road or longer.. $10 per week is acceptable and something that we should attempt to strive for, even if we are poor, but these days it seems that $100 per week would be better (and maybe ONLY mediumly aggressive), if you (general public, joe blows, joe six-packs, normies, billybeerhodls, etc) can figure out a way to afford it.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 05:01:26 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 05:21:01 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Simple questions to you are how many addresses have been used .

And how much btc is in the top 1% of the addresses.

https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

that link shows that the same shit has happened to btc as regular cash.

top 1% whales
bottom 90% gets hammered

It's not that simple.

Some addresses are attributable to several people and some people have several addresses.

Of course, the status quo richie are going to strive to hoard BTC to the extent that they find out about bitcoin while they are telling normies to NOT invest in BTC...

So sure in that regard HODLers and normies do need to protect their lil selfies by continuing to buy BTC and to accumulate BTC so that they are able to enjoy the ongoing price appreciation that is likely to continue to happen for the foreseeable future.

Actually, that is a fair point, Hueristic.

People can say all kinds of things about what they would do blah blah blah hypothetically, but when push comes to shove, and there is anticipation of panic (and a price drop) then people frequently will reconsider what they thought that they would do and end up doing something else.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 06:01:36 PM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3995

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 06:16:28 PM

imho, nfts will evolve into a method of human/machine and machine/machine interaction rather than mostly 'artsy' objects.

1. an nft that opens a rented airbnb in London.
2. an nft that gives you the right to purchase something for certain price at a certain location or any location.
3. an nft that secures your car loan

if machine/machine interaction would be possible, then you would just 'task' your AI-agent and they 'go' around making it possible while you don't have to make a gazillion phone calls.

You can't just list random shit that people do and add "with an nft" next to it. They are simply bullshit invented by get-rich-quickers to fleece woolly thinkers of their money.

You just can't see the forest for the trees..see @Syke post (the programmable aspect)..not much to add, but as Satoshi said:
“If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.”

fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 15796

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2021, 06:50:27 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 10:52:29 PM by fillippone
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (3), zasad@ (2), xhomerx10 (1), eXPHorizon (1)

Who can find the exact location of this beauty

Cheers

This wall:

Is this exact enough?

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 07:01:28 PM

Explanation
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 4322

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 07:03:58 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (1)

Yeah... Why Bob? I think very highly of Andreas and his work on educating the masses about Bitcoin.

He's got too much "paid salesperson" / Ron Popeil type vibe going on now.

Used Bitcoin to prop himself up, with the help of the community, and now he's like a JJG kinda guy who loves sniffing his own farts, and thinks he's too good for anyone who dares disagree with him. Has blocked a whole bunch of luminaries who dared call him out. Painted himself into a corner and did himself no favors. Viewed as a pariah.

Absolute narcissist case gone pathologically wrong. Started off altruistic, but once he got fame/retard-income-stream for a bit there - briefly - went to his head, and turned into an absolute Garbageman.

I belong to the Twitter Toxic Bitcorn Maxi Clan, so, that's where this observation is coming from.

I haven't been following Andreas for some time now, so I can't comment on his recent activity. He was partly (but significantly) the reason I got into Bitcoin, so I'm a bit biased in his favor I guess. I have both his books (on Bitcoin), but haven't got the chance to properly read them yet.

Thanks for your comments on this, I will browse through his recent talks and see what aftertaste I get. If what you're saying is true, it's sad that he has let his success overwhelm and change him for the worst. Regardless, I feel I owe him for triggering me to get into this space, and for this alone I will always be indebted to him.

Looks like Bob's not the only one having a few hiccups.
https://odysee.com/@aantonop:8/how-do-you-do-a-dos-attack-on-your-own:2

To be fair, @aantonop is a fucking retarded shill.

I have merited this because you are principled enough to say it.  I think he was a great boon for early Bitcoin.  And he's a complex dude.  I can't STAND his political stance (nor do I agree with most of his positions as expressed, but I am not talking about that I am talking about the holier than thou, preachy intolerance).  And he does seem to have a bit of shilliness...  I do not mind that he is somewhat permissive of altcoins.  But the dude has to be smart enough to understand why ETH is doomed to not only centralize but be a net negative for "crypto".  And he wrote that book.. yeah.  Shill.

Yeah, I also appreciate Bob's response to this. And yours. I think some people can be very complex and eccentric, and still be charismatic and great educators/contributors. Maybe Andreas falls into this category. He may sometimes be stubborn and eccentric and plain weird, but he still can (and does IMHO) contribute to the Bitcoin movement.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 07:06:44 PM
Merited by fillippone (3)

Cheers

This wall:

Is this exact enough?

No way, man!

How do you do this?
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 07:16:02 PM

BTW, props to The Dude for mentioning "Squid Game" (south Korean series on Netflix).

Great series if you're into this kind of thing (watch trailer).
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1218
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 07:19:40 PM
Merited by fillippone (3)

Cheers

This wall:

Is this exact enough?

Haah holy f... dude your good.

Fillipone showing us his levels Cheesy
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 9801

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 07:25:30 PM
Merited by fillippone (2), JayJuanGee (1), Wekkel (1), AlcoHoDL (1), goldkingcoiner (1)

BTW, props to The Dude for mentioning "Squid Game" (south Korean series on Netflix).

Great series if you're into this kind of thing (watch trailer).

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 08:01:26 PM

Explanation
Agapios

Activity: 135
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 08:26:24 PM

yiha, 56k on stamp
looking good
Pages: « 1 ... 29461 29462 29463 29464 29465 29466 29467 29468 29469 29470 29471 29472 29473 29474 29475 29476 29477 29478 29479 29480 29481 29482 29483 29484 29485 29486 29487 29488 29489 29490 29491 29492 29493 29494 29495 29496 29497 29498 29499 29500 29501 29502 29503 29504 29505 29506 29507 29508 29509 29510 [29511] 29512 29513 29514 29515 29516 29517 29518 29519 29520 29521 29522 29523 29524 29525 29526 29527 29528 29529 29530 29531 29532 29533 29534 29535 29536 29537 29538 29539 29540 29541 29542 29543 29544 29545 29546 29547 29548 29549 29550 29551 29552 29553 29554 29555 29556 29557 29558 29559 29560 29561 ... 33468 »
  Print  

Jump to: