May 12, 2024, 04:14:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 [30263] 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 30293 30294 30295 30296 30297 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 ... 33342 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382088 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 01:04:27 AM

Putin could end this, but he's not the man he used to be. He was known to be rational with his decisions, but i can't see any rationality here. I guess that ongoing isolation in the fear of SARS-CoV-2 messed with his brain.
I feel sorry for everyone involved and having to suffer, regardless of nationality. This war is completely unnecessary. It's the result of a couple of complex happenings, from the pandemic, to various (also inter-) national political parties, economic forces and their shared weakness of corruption, and not to forget: Foreign influential agendas carried out over the course of years.

Sanity seems to become even more scarce than Bitcoin. (To stay a wee little bit on topic.)

Yeah, to be honest this whole situation is just plain baffling. It really doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense.

Sure it does. Just follow the money and the monetary incentives for an invasion of Ukraine, and everything falls into place.

For the people? No, it absolutely doesn't make any sense.

Care to explain a little more ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
degxtra1

Activity: 228
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 01:17:35 AM

Sure it does. Just follow the money and the monetary incentives for an invasion of Ukraine, and everything falls into place.

For the people? No, it absolutely doesn't make any sense.

Care to explain a little more ?

I'm curious too.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1711

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2022, 01:44:25 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2022, 01:55:43 AM by goldkingcoiner
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Russia began active preparations for disconnection from the global Internet

this might affect Bitcoin.

Short term will be affected by FUD.
Long term, mining becomes easier. However the easier mining might drive the price down due to supply going up and demand (from Russia) dropping.
Russian coiners will be forced to hodl their bags maybe indefinitely.

I see good things long term. Short term quite the dippo.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 01:56:53 AM

Are you just making shit up, ToxicMoxic?

most of the time, yes...havent found a play book yet that explains how this is all supposed to go     just observing and reporting what I see juansnowgee

There is no absolute formula in terms of what has to happen before king daddy is able to go up, especially to suggest that it has to have some kind of opposite correlation to shitcoins.. and the extent to which there is correlation or not to shitcoins is all over the place.  Much of the time they are hanging onto bitcoin's coattails until they are not.

Another thing.  Remember April to June 2019?  Do you believe that supports your point?  I don't think so.  in early 2019, there were a lot of folks suggesting that bitcoin was going to have to suffer with the purgening of the froth of alts.. and that shit did not happen.  Bitcoin pumped and the shitcoins largely stayed stagnant.. who fucking knows what the shitcoins did because who was paying attention?

Anyhow my point is that there is no "x has to happen to shitcoins before bitcoin can pump".. that's nonsense, and you should realize that by now.  Sure shit can happen including bitcoin and shitcoins going down together, but I am not going to presume that to be any kind of condition precedent - especially given the overall state of affairs at the moment.. whether considering what is going on with shitcoins, considering what is going on with macro-circumstances, and considering where bitcoin happens to be in its cycle (to the extent that anyone happens to believe in such "cycle" existing) and any other potentially relevant factors that I have not mentioned (mining anyone?). 

whilst i agree in theory the proof is in the pudding as is said

so we are not in a bear market...yet the last quarter sure looks like the beginning of one    performance in a time of crisis when you would think everyone would flock towards a store of value has not been observed...in fact the opposite has been

if you think bitcoin can pump to $100k on its premise as a store of value and drag all the other shitcoins up into billions of dollars of valuation go for it     I personally think most of the alts have zero value..and at most maybe a tenth of their observed market cap     its not very realistic that these other projects just automatically go up or down in price because bitcoin does is it?   I dont know..just seems like something needs work there

so bitcoin pumps, alts pump...and then all of a sudden everyone wants to convert their alts that just pumped into bitcoin   do you think all those swaps can be supported?...because it could stack up fast

in fact I really dont care about the fiat price...we all know its worthless..or will be...its the ratio between bitcoin and alts that seems like it needs purging

its all very circular imo with no easy answers     if you find any please post asap    Wink

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 02:01:21 AM

Explanation
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 02:13:02 AM

Long term, mining becomes easier. However the easier mining might drive the price down due to supply going up and demand (from Russia) dropping.

They are not taking into account border towns that can catch wifi & 5G from the air. Also, the people that cross a border into any of other neighboring countries, no one can stop them from downloading a video and uploading it into the network anonymously or to just buy a sim card from the other country and have signal for miles off the border.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 02:33:26 AM

Are you just making shit up, ToxicMoxic?

most of the time, yes...havent found a play book yet that explains how this is all supposed to go     just observing and reporting what I see juansnowgee

Fair enough.. but sometimes, you just seem to really go out on a limb.. that's for sure... or should we refer to it as fantasylandia?... hahahahahaa

snap out of it

snap out of it

you fuck

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy (nohomo)

There is no absolute formula in terms of what has to happen before king daddy is able to go up, especially to suggest that it has to have some kind of opposite correlation to shitcoins.. and the extent to which there is correlation or not to shitcoins is all over the place.  Much of the time they are hanging onto bitcoin's coattails until they are not.

Another thing.  Remember April to June 2019?  Do you believe that supports your point?  I don't think so.  in early 2019, there were a lot of folks suggesting that bitcoin was going to have to suffer with the purgening of the froth of alts.. and that shit did not happen.  Bitcoin pumped and the shitcoins largely stayed stagnant.. who fucking knows what the shitcoins did because who was paying attention?

Anyhow my point is that there is no "x has to happen to shitcoins before bitcoin can pump".. that's nonsense, and you should realize that by now.  Sure shit can happen including bitcoin and shitcoins going down together, but I am not going to presume that to be any kind of condition precedent - especially given the overall state of affairs at the moment.. whether considering what is going on with shitcoins, considering what is going on with macro-circumstances, and considering where bitcoin happens to be in its cycle (to the extent that anyone happens to believe in such "cycle" existing) and any other potentially relevant factors that I have not mentioned (mining anyone?). 
whilst i agree in theory the proof is in the pudding as is said

Does not seem to be the correct expression... but hey.. go ahead.. 'splain ur lil selfie, if you must.

so we are not in a bear market...yet the last quarter sure looks like the beginning of one    performance in a time of crisis when you would think everyone would flock towards a store of value has not been observed...in fact the opposite has been

I don't know if that is a healthy way of looking at the matter.  Surely bitcoin remains a bit of it's own beast and does not really fit traditional definitions regarding bear/bull market - and of course, if any of us can get ahead of figuring out that we have transitioned into a bear market, then surely, that could be quite profitable kind of knowledge... but part of the problem is that BTC's price momentum has a large variety of factors.. and yeah, there have been people asserting that we have transitioned to a bear market since May 2021, then it appeared that maybe that was not correct until about late November 2021, and then the bear market proclamations started coming out again.. so yeah.. the longer that the BTC price stays down, there tends to be some depressing aspects that end up interfering with the uppity momentum and also converting our corrections into longer lived events.. and surely, we have been having some quite extensive corrections that's for sure.. that even causes the most bullish of bitcoiners to start to conclude that we might not be in kansas anymore (flippant way of referring to not being in a bull market anymore).

if you think bitcoin can pump to $100k on its premise as a store of value and drag all the other shitcoins up into billions of dollars of valuation go for it     

I was not making any prediction.. I was merely criticizing you for your assertion about some kind of supposed "need" for bitcoin to decouple from the various crap that is out there.. yeah.. maybe there should be (or could be) a decoupling and maybe there is not.. but a "need" seems a bit much to be asserting coming from uie poo-ie.. When you say that bitcoin "needs to" decouple from shitcoins, then you are placing a pretty damned high (I believe too high) set of certainty regarding what you believe needs to happen.. that's all that I was saying.. that you were coming off as too certain regarding what you believe needs to happen.

I personally think most of the alts have zero value..and at most maybe a tenth of their observed market cap     its not very realistic that these other projects just automatically go up or down in price because bitcoin does is it?   I dont know..just seems like something needs work there

We've been seeing that kind of froth for the past 7 years, at least... and sure from time to time, there is a bit of a reckoning of the froth.. but still the froth seems to persist too.. so just seems like dreamlandia to believe that justice is going to come into the world all of a sudden.. I am a sceptic.. even though I do not disagree with the wish that such a thing would happen... in other words you seem to be getting too much into the prescriptive rather than descriptive in terms of your describing what you believe is going to happen or likely to happen.

so bitcoin pumps, alts pump...and then all of a sudden everyone wants to convert their alts that just pumped into bitcoin   do you think all those swaps can be supported?...because it could stack up fast

I think that it is all over the place, and I am neither going to dabble in that bullshit or desire to spend much if any of my brainpower (to the extent that I have any) thinking about the multitude of directions that those crazy-ass ongoing frothy matters might go.

in fact I really dont care about the fiat price...we all know its worthless..or will be...its the ratio between bitcoin and alts that seems like it needs purging

Ok.  there could be purging of the shitcoin froth in the next 1-3 months or maybe even lasting a year or so, as you suggest, or maybe there is no purging for a few years or maybe there is no purging for 20 years.... or 50 years... I am not really disagreeing with you that it may well come and it may well get nasty.. yet another problematic aspect is that you are now suggesting that king daddy has to somehow be wedded to whether such purgening happens or not? or when it happens?  It seems to me, like I already said several times, that king daddy can pump whether shitcoins are purged or not.

its all very circular imo with no easy answers     if you find any please post asap    Wink

I am not claiming to have the answer.  I was merely criticizing for your because you proclaim to have the answer.. which probably has about a 50/50 chance of being correct... or maybe your particular answer has higher odds, such as 70/30, but it is no where even near the certainty that it "must" or "need to" happen that you were proclaiming to be the case.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 03:01:25 AM

Explanation
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 03:03:53 AM

-snipped-

Fair enough.. but sometimes, you just seem to really go out on a limb.. that's for sure... or should we refer to it as fantasylandia?... hahahahahaa

snap out of it

snap out of it

you fuck

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy (nohomo)

+1 WOsMerit

-snipped-

I am not claiming to have the answer.  I was merely criticizing for your because you proclaim to have the answer.. which probably has about a 50/50 chance of being correct... or maybe your particular answer has higher odds, such as 70/30, but it is no where even near the certainty that it "must" or "need to" happen that you were proclaiming to be the case.

poor choice of words and emotions are running high...there is no doubt      bitcoin will do what it always has done...what it wants to do    i know this Jay

i did however, put all my biases into what i said....and for sure way too many assertions....apologies        it does not make my concerns or observations less valid i think
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2240

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 03:08:55 AM

They are not taking into account border towns that can catch wifi & 5G from the air. Also, the people that cross a border into any of other neighboring countries, no one can stop them from downloading a video and uploading it into the network anonymously or to just buy a sim card from the other country and have signal for miles off the border.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Well, this is why you depopulate the borders, with a nice no man's land with barbed wire, guns, towers. You know, like old times.

Hm. I just realized.... maybe they took Chernobyl not for the reactor trashpile, but for Duga. Steel yard and that woodpecker sound, that's something I have not thought about for 40+ years now... Wow.

However this sounds more like a DNS trick than actually chainsawing their AS. The former just allows them to block DNS queries that aren't in their .ru domain (which won't do shit of course), the latter really removes them from the net.

BTW if you want to chainsaw these fuckers from your network their IP addresses are here.

https://lite.ip2location.com/russian-federation-ip-address-ranges

They even have downloads in iptables or cisco ACL formats. Or just route their traffic to 127.0.0.1
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1512

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 03:15:01 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2022, 03:43:03 AM by ImThour

Bitcoin Weekly Chart Analysis - 7th March

Positives:
1. Bitcoin is making a Hidden Bullish Divergence i.e. Price going Up, RSI and MACD going down.
2. Bitcoin is close to dynamic support level i.e. 100 EMA
3. MACD is giving a bullish crossover

Concerns:
1. If BTC closes this weekly candle below EMA i.e. 35,907, we might retouch the 200 EMA Weekly i.e. $26k.

Overall: Bullish

Ignore my previous stupid TA's, I have actually taken a TA Course and it has really helped me to be a non-homogenous trader. I have been working on myself and I think, this will help me a lot personally.
Nevertheless, it's my own perspective and can differ from yours. BTC

EDIT: Just after posting this here, I got a really interesting offer from TradingView itself.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 03:36:21 AM

200 of what?
I doubt that it is 200 weekly as that one has just gone over 20K recently.
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 03:42:35 AM

200 of what?
200 EMA of Weekly is at $25,800.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 04:01:20 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 04:03:30 AM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1), OutOfMemory (1)

-snipped-

I am not claiming to have the answer.  I was merely criticizing for your because you proclaim to have the answer.. which probably has about a 50/50 chance of being correct... or maybe your particular answer has higher odds, such as 70/30, but it is no where even near the certainty that it "must" or "need to" happen that you were proclaiming to be the case.

poor choice of words and emotions are running high...there is no doubt      bitcoin will do what it always has done...what it wants to do    i know this Jay

i did however, put all my biases into what i said....and for sure way too many assertions....apologies        it does not make my concerns or observations less valid i think

I am having a hard time with this one... , yet I believe that you deserve a +1 WOsMerit anyhow.. .. Even though supplies of such are limited (scarce, I mean), what the heck. yolo...

200 of what?

Maybe you have a personal preference for the EMA?  or maybe you learned some new term and you want to throw it in there to just speak in the language of gobbledy-gook?

A lot of us in these parts are not even that excited regarding too much emphasis on TA.. but hey, the thread does not exclude the discussion of TA.. so surely some members want to talk about TA and even to emphasize it... Yet, I don't see why we would want to start referring to the EMA in these here parts when there are a lot of folks who refer to the regular MA to make various points.. and there seems to be a lot of analysis that largely account for the MA (and do not refer to the EMA)... .. and if you are throwing out other references such as the EMA, then maybe it just comes off as gobbledy-gook since many of us have not really looked into it or tried to figure out why we would want to use it.  

If you insist on using the EMA rather than the MA, then maybe you should be pointing out why it is either something that we need to pay attention or that there is some meaning and value in using it, rather than merely seeming to contribute to chaos and confusion.. ...
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 04:12:03 AM

200 of what?

OK, but the confusing part in this is that most of other TA parties/people are using another type (SMA).
Why use EMA, then?
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 04:15:10 AM
Merited by Biodom (1), JayJuanGee (1)

200 of what?

EMA gives more weight to current data of a trading period, while SMA calculates the average price data of the entire period.
    Exponential moving average is different from simple moving average in that a given day’s EMA calculation depends on the EMA calculations for all the days prior to that day. You need far more than 10 days of data to calculate a reasonably accurate 10-day EMA.
    Another difference is that the EMA is slightly more sensitive to price changes compared to the simple moving average. High sensitivity makes it possible for traders to identify a trend faster compared to the SMA.

https://www.warriortrading.com/exponential-moving-average/

just as with anything, multiple data inputs are usually better than one    using and understanding different indicators is important in TA imo    there are quite a few flavors of moving averages...smoothed, exponential..simple....I tend to use simple averages most of the time myself when not looking at the clouds
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 04:38:31 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2022, 05:08:47 AM by ImThour

Why use EMA, then?

Yet, I don't see why we would want to start referring to the EMA in these here parts when there are a lot of folks who refer to the regular MA to make various points.. and there seems to be a lot of analysis that largely account for the MA (and do not refer to the EMA)... .. and if you are throwing out other references such as the EMA, then maybe it just comes off as gobbledy-gook since many of us have not really looked into it or tried to figure out why we would want to use it.  If you insist on using the EMA rather than the MA, then maybe you should be pointing out why it is either something that we need to pay attention or that there is some meaning and value in using it, rather than merely seeming to contribute to chaos and confusion.. ...

I have been using EMA forever and works good for me and is also a good support/resistance level for the BTC in the past.

"Since EMAs place a higher weighting on recent data than on older data, they are more reactive to the latest price changes than SMAs are, which makes the results from EMAs more timely and explains why the EMA is the preferred average among many traders." - https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/difference-between-simple-exponential-moving-average/
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 04:42:50 AM

12h

3D

Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 04:51:05 AM

Why use EMA, then?

Yet, I don't see why we would want to start referring to the EMA in these here parts when there are a lot of folks who refer to the regular MA to make various points.. and there seems to be a lot of analysis that largely account for the MA (and do not refer to the EMA)... .. and if you are throwing out other references such as the EMA, then maybe it just comes off as gobbledy-gook since many of us have not really looked into it or tried to figure out why we would want to use it.  If you insist on using the EMA rather than the MA, then maybe you should be pointing out why it is either something that we need to pay attention or that there is some meaning and value in using it, rather than merely seeming to contribute to chaos and confusion.. ...

I have been using EMA forever and works good for me and is also a good support/resistance level for the BTC in the past.

I have never used MA or SMA in any of my analysis.

"Since EMAs place a higher weighting on recent data than on older data, they are more reactive to the latest price changes than SMAs are, which makes the results from EMAs more timely and explains why the EMA is the preferred average among many traders." - https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/difference-between-simple-exponential-moving-average/

well, but this makes the phrase 'bitcoin has never gone below 200wk average [for more than a week]" meaningless, as shown in your own chart above, hence it cannot predict the all-important bottom, which is quite important. in fact, the chart shows that you cannot predict almost anything based on 200wk EMA.
Pages: « 1 ... 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 [30263] 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 30293 30294 30295 30296 30297 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 ... 33342 »
  Print  

Jump to: