Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:47:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908394 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:21:03 PM

Does okpay work with gox?

nothing works with gox mate  Wink
this is why we are discussing the matter.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:45:02 PM

What is the theory - why is goxbtc/goxusd price so low?

OMG its not a theory, its in front of your eyes !

Insiders (people connected to Mark and other readily accessibles accounts and he himself are cashing out!) no matter

what ---- nobody is doing anything about that --- so they just go on....extincting any kind of proove...creating a story

together with some parasites laywers and the die is cast - pronto

This does not answer the question - why is goxbtc price so cheap compared to goxusd. They are both gox, and have been non-withdrawable for about 4 weeks.
Is not people still reporting EUR withdraws being processed? From what I've seen, EUR withdraws still occur. Also, people who believe gox is insolvent would rather hold USD maybe because they believe it will be easier to get the USD back legally.

Nobody in their right mind would sell at Gox at  these prices not you, not me not panicked japanese nobody who erroneously thinks btcs as an asset is not claimable.....really noone...besides?Huh?

I'm glad I'm out of Mtgox now because I probably would have been one of those people on Mtgox sitting there with all my Mtgox BTC wondering why as the price dropped from $900 to $100 today.

thankfully you have 560 or so instead of 900 thanks to gox phew
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 09:48:11 PM

What is the theory - why is goxbtc/goxusd price so low?

OMG its not a theory, its in front of your eyes !

Insiders (people connected to Mark and other readily accessibles accounts and he himself are cashing out!) no matter

what ---- nobody is doing anything about that --- so they just go on....extincting any kind of proove...creating a story

together with some parasites laywers and the die is cast - pronto

This does not answer the question - why is goxbtc price so cheap compared to goxusd. They are both gox, and have been non-withdrawable for about 4 weeks.
Is not people still reporting EUR withdraws being processed? From what I've seen, EUR withdraws still occur. Also, people who believe gox is insolvent would rather hold USD maybe because they believe it will be easier to get the USD back legally.

Nobody in their right mind would sell at Gox at  these prices not you, not me not panicked japanese nobody who erroneously thinks btcs as an asset is not claimable.....really noone...besides?Huh?

I'm glad I'm out of Mtgox now because I probably would have been one of those people on Mtgox sitting there with all my Mtgox BTC wondering why as the price dropped from $900 to $100 today.

thankfully you have 560 or so instead of 900 thanks to gox phew

I'm thankful for the 560 I have. But of course depending on how this plays out, I'll always be wondering "What If?" But of course that applies to every single situation in hindsight.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:59:07 PM

[...]

It is highly likely in the next few days, people at Mt.Gox are going to be arrested.  

Yes.

Hey, who got Interpol after WW2?  I know the Nazis babysat it during the killing years, but who got it after that?  Well anyway, I am sure Interpol won't do shit, because, jurisdickshun.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:06:30 PM

[...]

I have several hundred BTC.  I had mined myself since 2011 before it ceased being economic for non-professionals.  I have been a Mt. Gox customer and a Coinbase customer as well as a customer of many other Bitcoin services and businesses.  I donated to become a lifetime member of the Bitcoin Foundation because Bitcoin is a disruptive, fascinating technology and I'm all on board.  I have no relationship with any Bitcoin exchange, but I did attend the Goldman Sachs Technology conference's Bitcoin panel last week, which featured Bitpay, Coinbase, and Ripple.  I'm not sure what my angle would be as an anti-Gox shill, unless "anti-Gox" is your own euphemism for pro-Bitcoin.  I am absolutely pro-Bitcoin.

This is a side project for me.  For work, I invest other people's money for a living.  For my work, I try as much as possible to ignore what people say and focus on what I can verify.  Here in L'Affaire de Gox, I ignore everything Mark says and focus on the numbers -- they give you the most accurate current discount rate for the situation and what is real and what is not.  Second to that, I'd look at history and how these numbers and this fact pattern fits in the context of similar situations.  Maybe this time is different, but most likely it is not.

The way you deal with uncertainty is to focus on the facts and what you know and prepare for the worst, rather than do what sturle counseled or pretend everything will be ok.  That is why I counsel people to seek legal remedies now.  I readily admit there is a non-zero chance everything works out fine and Mt. Gox is fine in a month -- I hope that that's case because it's better for everyone interested in Bitcoin.  It's just that that non-zero chance is indicated at 20% right now.  Responsible people should prepare for the other 80%.

Yo eeks you sound pretty coinccessful.  What you would estimate the true legal years to short this shit out x the avg hourly wage of those lawyers?

You sound very smart broseph, talk us through this next few hours, LOL.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:12:34 PM

Well, in 2008, if you had bet on bank X, then you lost. I am saying when sharks frenzy on one shark, and it takes weeks, it's like moving artillery into position. For my part, I am on the side of the Goxxies, I want their coin to be good, I want their value logically and truthfully restored. I also want a pony.

Oh. Well good.  Because you can at least get a pony.

just registard

btcponies.com

please doughtnates much coin very fast wow!

zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:13:09 PM

[...]

It is highly likely in the next few days, people at Mt.Gox are going to be arrested.  

Yes.

Hey, who got Interpol after WW2?  I know the Nazis babysat it during the killing years, but who got it after that?  Well anyway, I am sure Interpol won't do shit, because, jurisdickshun.

Its highly likely that nobody does anything about that until the stolen coins are all sold and only laywers give

statements about  fairy - tales which happened to all those assets . Confidentially implying force-majeure of course.

But at builder you still can sell hot air for 50% in real assets---it can´t get any better.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:16:40 PM

[...]

Yes.

Hey, who got Interpol after WW2?  I know the Nazis babysat it during the killing years, but who got it after that?  Well anyway, I am sure Interpol won't do shit, because, jurisdickshun.

Its highly likely that nobody does anything about that until the stolen coins are all sold and only laywers give

statements about  fairy - tales which happened to all those assets . Confidentially implying force-majeure of course.

But at builder you still can sell hot air for 50% in real assets---it can´t get any better.

This builder thing is where you trade Goxcoin within Gox?  Is that right?

Kinda like how a Magic card ever is wroth ANYTHING, well, it's a god damned card.  Not worth an ounce of gold YET, it draws that, does it not?

Mhhhmmm, so yeah, hold Goxcoin long, get lawyer.  Or, throw USD at it, daytrade it, and make bank x# of years from now in the unwind.  Hmm...

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:54:37 PM

No idea

Okay, and so you have no idea, but you suggest lawyers would be a good idea.  As I said earlier, I bet 1000 lawyers will now accept BTC.

Whatever about the thread, can you tell me this much:  Do you know any lawyers who accept bitcoin, and also, do you think lawyering is an honest profession?

Anyway, I only bounced your words to hear if you had any ideas (you answered literally 'no idea') so thanks.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:15:39 PM

THREAD RECAP:

Gox halts withdrawals
Weeks later, price hovers above 100 USD ready to be smashed into oblivion (chep cooins for somebodies much joy wow)
This means: chep coin for whomever can collect, total loss for all others.
Smart new guy on thread says lawyers would be a good idea, gives 80/20 odds, 5:1 risk factor << probably correct.

Add whatever details you want.

zyk

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:02:35 AM

No the thread really is ment from the beginning to get datapoints about Gox solvency:

Whoever sells thousands and thousands of "goxcoins" there for a misely 100 bucks unwithdrawable goxbalance

cannot do this without the inside involvement of Mt. Gox itself .

Either that are coins which would never be able to be sent via the blockchain or the dollars gained can be instantly

transfered to the cayman islands.

In both cases all depositors funds are squandered !

As the responsible member of bitcoinfoundations board does not tell us jack about the situation and rather let imself

being portrayed by the wallstreet journal as the savior of bicoin -protocol integrity while at the same time is moving

the companys physical adress in no mans land, a criminal investigation is necessary  if any funds want to be

retrieved or any other bitcoin exchange can be expected to do this as well.      Bitcoin as a whole is toast !

You have been warned -Move your funds out everywhere and get in undervalued LITECOIN instead  Wink

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:11:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1YsMlrfF0

7 months already...

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

[...]

I don't know how many people on this board have experience with markets, investing, or the like outside of BTC.  But when something a good/commodity/stock/currency/anything is 80% lower in one place than everywhere else, it's never an "everything is ok" situation.  That is a huge discount.  It is real life arbitrage in the wild...provided that Mt. Gox is solvent and ok and reliable.  But arbitrage is a condition that gets shut down instantly by market forces.  Unless it's not arbitrage and is instead a reflection of something else, some other embedded risk.  That's what this is -- the market's decentralized invisible hand is saying pretty clearly that there is an 80% chance that Mt. Gox will not be honoring its debts (both USD and BTC) to its customers.

[...]

Yes, as I have said.

Good first post.

First good post from a newbie
or how about anti-gox shill?

I have several hundred BTC.  I had mined myself since 2011 before it ceased being economic for non-professionals.  I have been a Mt. Gox customer and a Coinbase customer as well as a customer of many other Bitcoin services and businesses.  I donated to become a lifetime member of the Bitcoin Foundation because Bitcoin is a disruptive, fascinating technology and I'm all on board.  I have no relationship with any Bitcoin exchange, but I did attend the Goldman Sachs Technology conference's Bitcoin panel last week, which featured Bitpay, Coinbase, and Ripple.  I'm not sure what my angle would be as an anti-Gox shill, unless "anti-Gox" is your own euphemism for pro-Bitcoin.  I am absolutely pro-Bitcoin.

This is a side project for me.  For work, I invest other people's money for a living.  For my work, I try as much as possible to ignore what people say and focus on what I can verify.  Here in L'Affaire de Gox, I ignore everything Mark says and focus on the numbers -- they give you the most accurate current discount rate for the situation and what is real and what is not.  Second to that, I'd look at history and how these numbers and this fact pattern fits in the context of similar situations.  Maybe this time is different, but most likely it is not.

The way you deal with uncertainty is to focus on the facts and what you know and prepare for the worst, rather than do what sturle counseled or pretend everything will be ok.  That is why I counsel people to seek legal remedies now.  I readily admit there is a non-zero chance everything works out fine and Mt. Gox is fine in a month -- I hope that that's case because it's better for everyone interested in Bitcoin.  It's just that that non-zero chance is indicated at 20% right now.  Responsible people should prepare for the other 80%.

You, Sir, have nailed it.

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:22:16 AM

Wow, did he have a transorbital lobotomy?

C
zyk

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:33:01 AM

This guy is in on the scam-----bitcoin is sold out ,its over ---get used to it..the shit will never be used in international

commerce...why should it ?   any other coin is more suitable ! Good bye
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:44:30 AM

[...]

You have been warned -Move your funds out everywhere and get in undervalued LITECOIN instead  Wink

You should be honest and call it scryptcoin, it's basically scypt v. SHA and you know that, so be honest.  Yes, people have LTC, yes, Goxxers are like PT Barnum's dupes, but it is still sad when the frikkin oil soaked tent buns down and nobody can get out!

So sure, some other coin may take its place but you are using this to kinda shill for LTC, which I love because I have a few of those, but still, your logic is pretty much correct --about Gox, but BTC blockchain can easily exist ongoing and just use doge as carry vehcile as people are doing.  Doge being shat upon from the get go, actually becomes a viable transfer conduit.  So I'd buy a few different coins based on whos mining what, as I did.  Not JUST LTC but stay flexible.  Thieves are making up a big part of the demographic, I bet old west gold miners got fleeced proper for they audacity to go dig gold and make fortunes.  Yet, fortunes were made in both gold and shovels and law fees.

donk4u
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:03:57 AM

THREAD RECAP:

Gox halts withdrawals
Weeks later, price hovers above 100 USD ready to be smashed into oblivion (chep cooins for somebodies much joy wow)
This means: chep coin for whomever can collect, total loss for all others.
Smart new guy on thread says lawyers would be a good idea, gives 80/20 odds, 5:1 risk factor << probably correct.

Add whatever details you want.

im guessing gox is getting their stolen coins into the market although they claim otherwise isn't this going to result into a further drop as the bitcoin is devaluated? Unless gox allowed withdrawls I understand price would go back up to market rate but how is the flooding of gox shit coins that are being misapropriated not going to cause further and further drops?
zyk

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:25:02 AM

that are not shitcoins...they are real I guess and the insiders just sell out and run with everything they can get as long

as no authority comes to arrest them...the lower the price the surer they are that all matters of proof will be destroyed

its take the money and run!
donk4u
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:39:35 AM

that are not shitcoins...they are real I guess and the insiders just sell out and run with everything they can get as long

as no authority comes to arrest them...the lower the price the surer they are that all matters of proof will be destroyed

its take the money and run!

what money gox at 90 dollars lol. How is gox not shut down until they allow withdrawls? how is it possible?
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:43:17 AM

Bitstamp and btce also collapse.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: