Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:24:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties!  (Read 215295 times)
xbitbotx

Activity: 9
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:58:07 AM
Merited by pallas (5)

that is alrady fixed, for new LTC here https://github.com/d5000/Cryptonite/tree/master/src, no need make double job.

Did you test it? I'm not sure it works and is finished.
Besides, that is just for openssl, then there is boost and qt (but they both should be easier, even though e.nexus tried to fix qt and had issues).

yes, im test it on latest ubuntu LTS 18 snapshot and archlinux all work fine with latest openssl and berkey db, also i fork cryptonite and develop own version, with postquantum cryptography(signature hashing etc based on lattices), security improvment, and cmake build.
ANN will be soon  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:41:43 AM

that is alrady fixed, for new LTC here https://github.com/d5000/Cryptonite/tree/master/src, no need make double job.

Besides, that is just for openssl, then there is boost and qt (but they both should be easier, even though e.nexus tried to fix qt and had issues).

yes, im test it on latest ubuntu LTS 18 snapshot and archlinux all work fine with latest openssl and berkey db, also i fork cryptonite and develop own version, with postquantum cryptography(signature hashing etc based on lattices), security improvment, and cmake build.
ANN will be soon  Smiley

Great! Did you have to adapt something to the newer QT and/or boost?
Please tell us more about your fork, I'm always interested in applications of the good old mini-blockchain tech ;-)

EDIT: I also heard the newer miniupnp is giving troubles.

pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:28:33 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 02:49:35 PM by pallas

ANN will be soon  Smiley

I just compiled the d5000 version on ubuntu 16.04 and it fails to load the block index.
Even with a new datadir it fails:

Accept block header
Failed check
no set
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Sure you didn't fix anything?
Could you head over to discord so we can chat, both about the openssl fix and your upcoming fork?
Thanks!

EDIT: I may have fixed it myself, waiting for it to finish syncing.

hoop
Legendary

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:41:32 PM

no bounty already ?

what kind of bounty?

I think he is asking about Cryptonite bounty program such as twitter,facebook,instagram,reddit,Memd,signature and avatar,articles and video,translation and telegram etc.. and in my opinion its very good idea.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:48:50 PM

no bounty already ?

what kind of bounty?

I think he is asking about Cryptonite bounty program such as twitter,facebook,instagram,reddit,Memd,signature and avatar,articles and video,translation and telegram etc.. and in my opinion its very good idea.

Yes it is, but I'm not sure it's the right time to do it.
I would at least wait to have one international exchange, fully operational.

pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:13:32 PM

Thanks to d5000 we now have openssl 1.1 compatibility!
I just added a couple small fixes.
See github history.

People with recent distributions: please check that it compiles and runs fine.
A windows build check would also be much appreciated.

cyborgx

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:40:14 AM

I'm still backing this project, but starting to worry you have missed your window.

You keep saying you are waiting to put out a proper marketing campaign, but other coins are starting to steal your thunder.

The BIG selling point of XCN is the small blockchain, and balance only idea, but with things like XRB(Nano) etc. now available with similar ideas, bigger teams, better marketing and no transaction fees, it's difficult to see what's going to attract people to XCN now that you have bigger players offering similar products, marketed well and with other bells and whistles too....

I'd love to hear your opinions on this?
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:09:38 AM

I'm still backing this project, but starting to worry you have missed your window.

You keep saying you are waiting to put out a proper marketing campaign, but other coins are starting to steal your thunder.

The BIG selling point of XCN is the small blockchain, and balance only idea, but with things like XRB(Nano) etc. now available with similar ideas, bigger teams, better marketing and no transaction fees, it's difficult to see what's going to attract people to XCN now that you have bigger players offering similar products, marketed well and with other bells and whistles too....

Honestly my plans for Cryptonite have been damaged countless times in the past. Now we have the exchange issue which is really frustrating and I see we are not alone in this regard.
Thing is, new coins have much more appeal for investors, miners, exchanges, etc. but for most it's just a loss, as most of the new coin don't last more than a few months.
That's bad because people, the market, etc. should favor old coins which have some value, instead on focusing on (apparently) quick and easy profit.
But that's how it is. Add to that we don't have premine or block reward to use as funds, and you get the picture.

Having said that, I'm sure we will get into an exchange soon, be it nova or any other, and then I think we will start some serious marketing (I have a lot of ideas about that, and even know some poeple that would really help with this). I can't promise anything but, if my activity on this forum and everywhere else means something, I think you can trust me that this coin will go ahead and past this difficult period, with me and all the people that helped.

cyborgx

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:25:32 AM

Honestly my plans for Cryptonite have been damaged countless times in the past. Now we have the exchange issue which is really frustrating and I see we are not alone in this regard.
Thing is, new coins have much more appeal for investors, miners, exchanges, etc. but for most it's just a loss, as most of the new coin don't last more than a few months.
That's bad because people, the market, etc. should favor old coins which have some value, instead on focusing on (apparently) quick and easy profit.
But that's how it is. Add to that we don't have premine or block reward to use as funds, and you get the picture.

Having said that, I'm sure we will get into an exchange soon, be it nova or any other, and then I think we will start some serious marketing (I have a lot of ideas about that, and even know some poeple that would really help with this). I can't promise anything but, if my activity on this forum and everywhere else means something, I think you can trust me that this coin will go ahead and past this difficult period, with me and all the people that helped.

Thanks for the quick and detailed response.

I'll keep supporting you, but I humbly suggest getting at least SOME marketing done, before Nano and others make money off something you created first.....

Perhaps posting here some links to new coin requests on the Exchanges you are targeting would get you in quicker....

I must admit I'm crazy busy and have not found time to look for the new coin request pages on Exchanges I use (many), but if I saw a few links directly to those pages here that would save my time, I'm sure I'd take the 5-10mins required to put in some requests for you.

An email containing them would be better, and probably get a much better response too Smiley

Just an idea...
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:54:18 AM

problem with listing on exchanges is that either they require a big fee (1 BTC is low, often it's more like 5 or 10 BTC...) or a vast number of votes (much more than our current community can give).
the solution could be entering one of those new exchanges that are popping up every day, but that's risky because they may be a scam or simply they don't work (see coinsmarkets which we were listed into but never worked, and now totally broken).

SO

anyone knows a trusted new exchange with low fee?? :-)

gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:30:33 PM

problem with listing on exchanges is that either they require a big fee (1 BTC is low, often it's more like 5 or 10 BTC...) or a vast number of votes (much more than our current community can give).
the solution could be entering one of those new exchanges that are popping up every day, but that's risky because they may be a scam or simply they don't work (see coinsmarkets which we were listed into but never worked, and now totally broken).

SO

crypto-bridge 1 BTC fee & coinexchange.io 1 BTC fee
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:33:54 PM

SO

coinexchange I just asked, it's 4 BTC.
crypto-bridge is the best choice so far, but before burning 1 BTC I'd wait another couple weeks and see if nova finally reopens.

gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:43:24 PM

SO

crypto-bridge is the best choice so far, but before burning 1 BTC I'd wait another couple weeks and see if nova finally reopens.

Nova is the best deal, 0 fee for XCN and is a good exchange in my opinion. 1 BTC is still a lot of money... Still no news from AEX?
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:51:59 PM

SO

Nova is the best deal, 0 fee for XCN and is a good exchange in my opinion. 1 BTC is still a lot of money... Still no news from AEX?

No news, but I think we can consider it gone.

e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:23:34 PM

SO

hopefully nova comes back strong. With all the problems the small-medium size exchanges are having, nova has a real opportunity here.

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6147

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:22:50 PM

See github history.

Hey, cool that you got it to run! What was the error? Only the fact that it hadn't synced? Strange ... I think I tried that and it didn't work for me ...

I'll try it myself in the next days so I can finally run Cryptonite on my main Linux distribution (it runs on another distribution on a separate partition with the old SSL version, but I rarely open that) ...

Regarding Nano (ex RaiBlocks) I don't regard it as a real competitor to Cryptonite. Nano uses DPoS, and thus a pretty centralized consensus model. The coin with most similarity (and thus maybe the possibly strongest competitor) is Ardor, which uses a very similar mini-blockchain concept for its child chains. But it's also a Proof of Stake coin, and PoS has some disadvantages regarding Proof of Work (mainly, it needs a little bit more trust because of the Nothing-at-stake problem, it's still not clear if that is significant for security).

And both coins were completely pre-mined, so a marketing campaign for Cryptonite should emphasize on that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:25:30 PM

This was the main fix:

https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite/commit/0a7b26120146d16a03cf71c0f7848926471e7603

I'm not sure why that instruction was there, but it's just not needed and it breaks the target.

muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:13:04 AM

See github history.

Hey, cool that you got it to run! What was the error? Only the fact that it hadn't synced? Strange ... I think I tried that and it didn't work for me ...

I'll try it myself in the next days so I can finally run Cryptonite on my main Linux distribution (it runs on another distribution on a separate partition with the old SSL version, but I rarely open that) ...

Regarding Nano (ex RaiBlocks) I don't regard it as a real competitor to Cryptonite. Nano uses DPoS, and thus a pretty centralized consensus model. The coin with most similarity (and thus maybe the possibly strongest competitor) is Ardor, which uses a very similar mini-blockchain concept for its child chains. But it's also a Proof of Stake coin, and PoS has some disadvantages regarding Proof of Work (mainly, it needs a little bit more trust because of the Nothing-at-stake problem, it's still not clear if that is significant for security).

And both coins were completely pre-mined, so a marketing campaign for Cryptonite should emphasize on that.

Imo Raiblocks/nano had this "advantage" of bitgrail'ed - whole pump in december was artificial just to bring more people to bitgrail, who can deposit xrb to cover the loss from october/november. It looks almost like mt.gox, if it wasn't for that it would still be likely around or below 1$. And I think in this bear market they will drop to this value again, or around it. It was just heavily shilled, and I cant believe, how it was possible that they were so fast accepted in exchanges. Premined + dev fund of 5% supply are a huge disadvantages. But DPoS is quite good consensus nonetheless - it makes cryptocurrency really scalable, even if sacrificing some decentralization (pools aren't so decentralized either especially if farms of asics are mining).
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:02:18 PM

how it was possible that they were so fast accepted in exchanges.
Premined + dev fund of 5% supply

You are answering yourself.

antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:03:07 PM
Merited by pallas (2)

Just a random example of an average ICO from January, no idea if it's legit or not, this example is just to show people some numbers so that they could better understand the current financial situation of XCN.

This example ICO kept 28.6% of tokens themselves and did a pre + crowdsale where 71.4% of tokens were sold for 16,666 ETH in minutes.

According to their website:

50% (8,333 ETH) Trading reserve
14.2% (2,366 ETH) Development
10.4% (1,733 ETH) Operations
16.2% (2,700 ETH) Marketing ($2,160,000)
9.2% (1,533 ETH) Legal

It's pretty obvious they can easily pay some listing fees, trading competition bounties and lambo giveaways.

In this situation I see only two options left for XCN,

1/ Wait until this mania is over or,
2/ Launch an ICO  Grin

As a side note, when this thing hits the fan it's not only most of these new projects that disappear, it will hit exchanges too.

Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: