Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:09:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:45:32 PM

are there news already on when markets will open on cryptopia?
maybe even better to wait after the 25th, if possible. so there's no major dump for the fork.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:41:28 PM

I hope it gets listed at Bittrex, you need at least one major exchange to generate buzz.

jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:57:18 PM

Just waiting for  heliumpay market to open . It would really be interesting to know how much is the value of the token.
Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 06:00:51 AM

I hope it gets listed at Bittrex, you need at least one major exchange to generate buzz.
Exchange that generates buzz itself by locking accounts and requesting your selfie Grin

Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:18:05 AM

When mining start? I think this coin in this moment with large distribution on d3 miner have a large opportunity for a good success Wink
3sobaki

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:53:31 AM

how do I get helium.
I had a spred on my wallet
PhaseshiftUK

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:26:24 AM

Exchange that generates buzz itself by locking accounts and requesting your selfie Grin
As more countries start to regulate cryptocurrency trading, expect to need to send more selfies and info to use exchanges.

Multiple Fiat currencies and buy/sell of Cryptocurrencies supported. Exchange EUR or USD to your local currency at low inter-bank rates.
PhaseshiftUK

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:42:19 AM

Interesting.... I thought that taxes would only count when cashing out as a "capital gains tax"
I think that if someone gives you a physical gold bar "for free", in some cases you should pay taxes for that, even if you not sell it for money. Same for cryptocurrency "airdrops".

That is insane... that would mean anything that I have ever been given "for free" in life I would have to pay taxes on.....
This is the exact reason why we need cryptocurrencies.....  greedy governments want their cut of something that is not theirs.... THIEVES!!!

Insane, yes.  The government wants you pay taxes on every source of income.

Remember we're supposed to be in control of our government.  If you don't like what they are doing, make sure your "representatives" are aware of your displeasure and that you vote for those people who really decrease taxes, not just those who say they do.

That said, also remember there's no such thing as a "free lunch".  Everything the government doles out is stolen from others.  If you are a large recipient of those handouts, don't complain about the taxes unless you want the "free" stuff to disappear.

For the rest of us "Peters" who are robbed to pay the "Pauls", however, sorry Paul, your days of free lunches are coming to an end.

You say "Everything the government doles out is stolen from others".  I think that is a selfish way to look at it.

I live in the UK, and am quite happy to pay my taxes in order to fund out National Health Service, benefits for those less fortunate than myself (yes, some people do take the p*ss, but the vast majority need this assistance), investment in infrastructure (even if I may disagree on some of the choices the Government make), etc.

At the end of this tax year I will be declaring my cryptocurrency investments and gains (hopefully!).  That's not to say that I will not be taking advantage of my tax allowances where it makes sense, since our allowed gains are low (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rates-and-allowances-capital-gains-tax/capital-gains-tax-rates-and-annual-tax-free-allowances) and I no longer have income - in the sense of being paid to work - to use my tax allowance from (https://www.gov.uk/income-tax-rates).  I will still be paying, quite happily, tax on most of what I have made.

Expect Governments to monitor transactions on major coins more and more if they think people are dodging taxes that way.  See https://www.technocracy.news/index.php/2017/08/28/bitcoin-loses-anonymity-irs-tracks-bitcoiners-new-blockchain-analysis-tools/ and http://bitcoinist.com/irs-catch-bitcoin-tax-cheats/ for example.  Trying to dodge taxes via this method is going to get harder and make it more likely that you will face investigation, fines and perhaps jail-time for significant amounts.

Multiple Fiat currencies and buy/sell of Cryptocurrencies supported. Exchange EUR or USD to your local currency at low inter-bank rates.
Blackforce
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:49:18 AM

Does anyone know the launch date? I’m curious what price will have
PhaseshiftUK

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:00:40 AM

I would hope closer to the $3 mark, as anything less would mean that everyone who had tokens swapped just lost an ass-load of money

Remember the initial value that hits your wallet counts as a taxable event.  Personally I'd rather it start at $.50 and then climb to $100 over the next year, so that long term capital gains tax can be used. Smiley

Interesting.... I thought that taxes would only count when cashing out as a "capital gains tax"
As long as it stays crypto then no tax??
Please inform me..... it has been a while since I have checked into the whole crypto tax mess

This is not the best place to get tax advice.  Tax and laws vary by country (and in certain places, by state).  Find an accountant with up to date knowledge of taxing of cryptocurrencies in your jurisdiction and talk to them.  Keep good records (not just relying on what you can see in the wallet, just in case you ever lose access).  Look at the most recent legislation and rulings about Cryptocurrency, both where you are, and (to get a feel for the direction it is heading) around the world.

PhaseshiftUK

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:02:43 AM

No, or at least it has not been revealed yet.  I suggest joining the Slack channel and watching #announcements.

detectiveduck

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:02:54 AM

No, or at least it has not been revealed yet.  I suggest joining the Slack channel and watching #announcements.

Thanks. I'm curious too...
DANTER

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:02:00 PM

I think that if someone gives you a physical gold bar "for free", in some cases you should pay taxes for that, even if you not sell it for money. Same for cryptocurrency "airdrops".

That is insane... that would mean anything that I have ever been given "for free" in life I would have to pay taxes on.....
This is the exact reason why we need cryptocurrencies.....  greedy governments want their cut of something that is not theirs.... THIEVES!!!

Insane, yes.  The government wants you pay taxes on every source of income.

Remember we're supposed to be in control of our government.  If you don't like what they are doing, make sure your "representatives" are aware of your displeasure and that you vote for those people who really decrease taxes, not just those who say they do.

That said, also remember there's no such thing as a "free lunch".  Everything the government doles out is stolen from others.  If you are a large recipient of those handouts, don't complain about the taxes unless you want the "free" stuff to disappear.

For the rest of us "Peters" who are robbed to pay the "Pauls", however, sorry Paul, your days of free lunches are coming to an end.

You say "Everything the government doles out is stolen from others".  I think that is a selfish way to look at it.

I live in the UK, and am quite happy to pay my taxes in order to fund out National Health Service, benefits for those less fortunate than myself (yes, some people do take the p*ss, but the vast majority need this assistance), investment in infrastructure (even if I may disagree on some of the choices the Government make), etc.

At the end of this tax year I will be declaring my cryptocurrency investments and gains (hopefully!).  That's not to say that I will not be taking advantage of my tax allowances where it makes sense, since our allowed gains are low (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rates-and-allowances-capital-gains-tax/capital-gains-tax-rates-and-annual-tax-free-allowances) and I no longer have income - in the sense of being paid to work - to use my tax allowance from (https://www.gov.uk/income-tax-rates).  I will still be paying, quite happily, tax on most of what I have made.

Expect Governments to monitor transactions on major coins more and more if they think people are dodging taxes that way.  See https://www.technocracy.news/index.php/2017/08/28/bitcoin-loses-anonymity-irs-tracks-bitcoiners-new-blockchain-analysis-tools/ and http://bitcoinist.com/irs-catch-bitcoin-tax-cheats/ for example.  Trying to dodge taxes via this method is going to get harder and make it more likely that you will face investigation, fines and perhaps jail-time for significant amounts.

I also live in UK , and just wondering how you paying taxes on crypto ?
Is the capital gain tax apply only when you xchange crypto to fiat or this is more complicated ?

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:13:25 PM

What you state above is quite fine, even exemplary, if it's voluntary.  Anything else is theft and coercion.

If I were to force you to do what governments force you to do, I'd be locked up with the key thrown away, or worse.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
PhaseshiftUK

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

I also live in UK , and just wondering how you paying taxes on crypto ?
Is the capital gain tax apply only when you xchange crypto to fiat or this is more complicated ?

I've only been trading crypto for a few months, so not yet had to sort out the paperwork for filing a tax return and I haven't talked to my accountant about how to handle the accounts yet.

I suggest that you read https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/revenue-and-customs-brief-9-2014-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies/revenue-and-customs-brief-9-2014-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies and talk to an accountant.  At least you don't need to worry about VAT unless you are selling good or services (and have a revenue over the threshold, as detailed at https://www.gov.uk/vat-registration/calculate-turnover ).

PhaseshiftUK

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:27:15 PM

What you state above is quite fine, even exemplary, if it's voluntary.  Anything else is theft and coercion.

No, it is not theft or coercion.  By remaining a resident/national of that country/state you agree to abide by the laws laid out by Government.
Some well-off people move outside of the UK for tax reasons (e.g. to Switzerland).  That is how you "opt out" of paying tax in the UK.

Would you opt out of using services paid for in your country by taxes?  What about refuse collection?

If I were to force you to do what governments force you to do, I'd be locked up with the key thrown away, or worse.

Suppose that you were my landlord.  What if I decided that I thought that you were charging me too much money, so just paid you less each month.  Why should I care if you can't pay the mortgage for the place or carry out repairs any more?  Do you see the fallacy of that?

Steven3iii

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:33:26 PM

How would the government even know you have cryptocurrency? They are not that good. They are lucky they run html websites. Grin

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:33:59 PM

Suppose that you were my landlord.  What if I decided that I thought that you were charging me too much money, so just paid you less each month.  Why should I care if you can't pay the mortgage for the place or carry out repairs any more?  Do you see the fallacy of that?

The difference is you have contract with your landlord.  I have no contract with my government.  I made no agreements with them.  I didn't sign anything indicating I agreed to their terms and conditions.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
tradingdisaster

Activity: 307

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:03:40 PM

The difference is you have contract with your landlord.  I have no contract with my government.  I made no agreements with them.  I didn't sign anything indicating I agreed to their terms and conditions.

Guys, would you please be so kind and take the off-topic stuff elsewhere? I am not subscribed to this thread to read page after page of dim-witted misunderstandings of how societies work, this is A THREAD ABOUT HELIUM COIN.

Thanks.
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:27:45 AM

Has anyone here heard anything at all from Bittrex? I still haven't gotten a response and i'm wondering if anyone got on regarding the token swap? I know that there's got to be a ton of people who kept their tokens on bittrex waiting for this swap.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: