Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:42:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417956 times)
Rig4p

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:47:25 PM

With the help from the devs here I have the WTM switcher running pretty well.
Still working on some OC issues with my 1060s on a couple of algos but I'm getting support there as well.  Smiley

I noticed that when a coin switch occurs the XMR cpu mining I have enabled stops, opens a new tab in guake and starts again.
Is there some way to stop this from happening?
I don't think I am losing a lot of hash but it does fill the screen with a lot of of unused tabs.
Thanks.

When damNmad algo OC is enabled and coin algo switches, wtm restart 3main so that new OC takes effect and when 3main restarts it restarts  cpu miner, gpu miner, ...
I can make cpu miner to run in screen mode just like others so it won't open new guake tab on every restart for nvOC v19-2.1

That sounds like a great solution Papampi. Thanks for the support.

Actually we have 2 options here

Option 1: Dont restart cpu miner with every 3main restart
Option 2: Restart cpuminer with every 3main restart but run it in screen and only show log in guake tab to prevent multiple tabs.

Question is, do we need cpuminer restart with every 3main restart?
So if watchdog grab gpu error or wtm switcher switches and restart 3main, cpuminer keeps going and dont get restarted.
If cpuminer restart not needed we can set it not to restart if its already running.

I'm not using cpuminer.
So cpu miner users please let me know which one is better?

I've never had a failure with the cpu miner so I'm not sure what the ramifications of it not restarting with 3main would be.
I would say as a first try just not restart it or Option 1.
For me, running the cpu miner is just something for my multi-core processors can run to supplement the gpus installed.
I have just over 100 threads running XMR. It might be enough to pay for the gpu electricity use.  Smiley
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hashmasta83

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:34:27 PM

I'm confused by your response, as it sounds your making some rash assumptions on my part.  I did use the search tool and found your posts.  I wasn't asking for support, i was providing it to users because using the code you posted DID NOT WORK.  Which is why i re-posted.  But since your so smart...maybe you can figure out what is wrong with it and let us know Smiley  You know because us "engeneer" technician types need help

I've since gone back and corrected it to use Suprnova, and if you took the time to read my post (and not immediately go into troll mode) i did say that you need to disable Groestl on the WTM website.  Which i also found using the search function.  Look at the bigger picture buddy, don't try to knock people trying to help.

Happy trolling....mate

I had actually read the beginning of your post too quickly.

Nevertheless, what I posted was working, EXCEPT if you used the SPECIFIC ALGO OC that I no longer use because it has often bugged and ultimately did not apply overcloking settings except the last.

In addition, others had ALREADY corrected me before you. I dries that even if your post is welcome, it was not necessary because the addition had already been done. Including by papampi himself in the various updates he has posted since a few weeks already ... C.F. on Githib and his various post on this thread.

You wanted to do well, I do not blame you. So please do not insult me and gratify yourself with phrases like "I'm an engineer ..." It's useless.
It's just what I meant without insulting you.

Hey @hashmasta83 , please don't take it in negative way @CryptAtomeTrader44 is very nice guy, he is also part of team, his efforts & work are really good. Infact, TBH the way he adds new coins is almost same to the way you did (topping them with all the wallets + pool info and any other important info). See this :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg29894004#msg29894004

I think, he didn't mean disrespecting/trolling/isulting you by any means, its just the translation probably. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

And we all people come here with same intention, mining & help fellow miners, lets focus on it Smiley

I understand damNmad, but i'm not sure how I could have taken it any other way, and honestly i think his responses are ultimately useless as there was no need for it.  The code does not work, even if you don't use algo specific OC, as it generates stratum authorization errors.  Zpool only uses wallet address not username.workername.  Also i had memory overflow issues due to intensity being too high, so i had to set this to "auto" intensity to prevent that error.  It wasn't tested to confirm it works.  My post was intended to take all those posts, corrections, and what worked for me into one place.  As a quick guide to add a profitable coin to nvOC for other users.

So i still don't get the issue why posting was such a useless idea.  I guess were saying its better to search several pages to piece together a puzzle of several corrections to figure out how to add a coin?  If you guys want to keep this a dev only forum then fine, i'll signoff and keep to myself.  I appreciate the dev's efforts, but that was pretty sh**ty.  I just think he's looking for low hanging fruit because a user has "newbie" next to their username.  If it weren't for engineers there would be no computers let alone hardware to even mine so don't get me started on engeneer technicians, he really has no clue.  
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:51:00 PM

Hey @hashmasta83 , please don't take it in negative way @CryptAtomeTrader44 is very nice guy, he is also part of team, his efforts & work are really good. Infact, TBH the way he adds new coins is almost same to the way you did (topping them with all the wallets + pool info and any other important info). See this :

I think, he didn't mean disrespecting/trolling/isulting you by any means, its just the translation probably. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

And we all people come here with same intention, mining & help fellow miners, lets focus on it Smiley

Thank you for this "tuning" Damnmad.
Indeed, I did not try to disrespect @hashmasta83. It is true that I use google translator and sometimes translations of my words and my expressions are very bad.

Sorry not to speak English other than globbish (i'm not english native speaker). I try without a translator but I think it's even worse ...

The essential thing is to understand each other.
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:12:19 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 06:09:07 PM by CryptAtomeTrader44

I understand damNmad, but i'm not sure how I could have taken it any other way, and honestly i think his responses are ultimately useless as there was no need for it.  The code does not work, even if you don't use algo specific OC, as it generates stratum authorization errors.  Zpool only uses wallet address not username.workername.  Also i had memory overflow issues due to intensity being too high, so i had to set this to "auto" intensity to prevent that error.  It wasn't tested to confirm it works.  My post was intended to take all those posts, corrections, and what worked for me into one place.  As a quick guide to add a profitable coin to nvOC for other users.

So i still don't get the issue why posting was such a useless idea.  I guess were saying its better to search several pages to piece together a puzzle of several corrections to figure out how to add a coin?  If you guys want to keep this a dev only forum then fine, i'll signoff and keep to myself.  I appreciate the dev's efforts, but that was pretty sh**ty.  I just think he's looking for low hanging fruit because a user has "newbie" next to their username.  If it weren't for engineers there would be no computers let alone hardware to even mine so don't get me started on engeneer technicians, he really has no clue.  

For your information, all Yiimp pools i had tested take in charge the workername. Zpool too.
I don't know about difficulty at Zpool, but for example at alminer.net, you can add difficulty in your password like this -p d=512,c=XVG.

For your information again, i mined XVG for XVG coins, not for BTC like you. So, it's different way. At this moment, i post the adding code, XVG was prining 1500 SAToshis. Now its value about 600-700 SAT.

I will verify Myself if what i proposed for adding XVG algo like nicehash algos in WTM_SWITCHER is functionnal.

I think we should limitate discuss in the future. Better for both.
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:18:45 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 07:53:17 PM by damNmad

@hashmasta83 Bruv, with all due respect;

Firstly, his first language isn't english, so he uses google translator. So, its hard for him to convey how he exactly wants to write up (please see the below quoted message)
Secondly, this is not at all Dev only discussion board, you can affirm that by looking at number of pages of this topic, we do value feedback and enhanced nvOC all times (this is 100% community driven)
We, as a team doing this work as a job without expecting anything from community, we have received so many nice comments from the people and miNUTE amount of -ve comments so far.

There was one negative comment we had, not that long ago, its sad to see such comments, its not even criticism to take in.

I'm only thinking that his response may have little impact on @CryptAtomeTrader44 reply! or he is just having a bad day (This is just my assumption),

We all after all humans, we all do mistakes but his intention was definitely not disrespecting particularly you. For you/me it took like 10 mins to write the post you did (the one I've appreciated you the other day and asked if you are willing to join team for shaping up some tutorials etc.), but for him it takes 3-4 times extra, still he never gave up and still he continues to contribute, that's his determination.

Also, its not easy to add coins because we can't predict what pool user wants to use, but we always try to come up with all possible combinations, which is still not enough because all pools don't use same config.

In the above case, some doesn't want to use zpool and if they want to use something else, 0miner code needs to be changed accordingly, The problems I help most of the users on discord are such kind.  

I'm writing all of this, not to take sides or not to point mistakes/something, if there is a bug then it is definitely bug and we want to work towards the fix, i want all of us to carry on with what we are here for.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. We do apologise if there was some misunderstanding in conveying the message.

I honestly welcome more contributions/bug questions from you going forward Smiley

Indeed, I did not try to disrespect @hashmasta83. It is true that I use google translator and sometimes translations of my words and my expressions are very bad.

Sorry not to speak English other than globbish (i'm not english native speaker). I try without a translator but I think it's even worse ...

I understand you bruv, don't worry these misunderstandings happen in communities, he is trying to help just like you are doing. Its just the misunderstandings, so lets put them behind and continue the work Smiley

Thanks.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
hashmasta83

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:37:51 AM

@hashmasta83 Bruv, with all due respect;

Firstly, his first language isn't english, so he uses google translator. So, its hard for him to convey how he exactly wants to write up (please see the below quoted message)
Secondly, this is not at all Dev only discussion board, you can affirm that by looking at number of pages of this topic, we do value feedback and enhanced nvOC all times (this is 100% community driven)
We, as a team doing this work as a job without expecting anything from community, we have received so many nice comments from the people and miNUTE amount of -ve comments so far.

There was one negative comment we had, not that long ago, its sad to see such comments, its not even criticism to take in.

I'm only thinking that his response may have little impact on @CryptAtomeTrader44 reply! or he is just having a bad day (This is just my assumption),

We all after all humans, we all do mistakes but his intention was definitely not disrespecting particularly you. For you/me it took like 10 mins to write the post you did (the one I've appreciated you the other day and asked if you are willing to join team for shaping up some tutorials etc.), but for him it takes 3-4 times extra, still he never gave up and still he continues to contribute, that's his determination.

Also, its not easy to add coins because we can't predict what pool user wants to use, but we always try to come up with all possible combinations, which is still not enough because all pools don't use same config.

In the above case, some doesn't want to use zpool and if they want to use something else, 0miner code needs to be changed accordingly, The problems I help most of the users on discord are such kind.  

I'm writing all of this, not to take sides or not to point mistakes/something, if there is a bug then it is definitely bug and we want to work towards the fix, i want all of us to carry on with what we are here for.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. We do apologise if there was some misunderstanding in conveying the message.

I honestly welcome more contributions/bug questions from you going forward Smiley

I understand you bruv, don't worry these misunderstandings happen in communities, he is trying to help just like you are doing. Its just the misunderstandings, so lets put them behind and continue the work Smiley

Thanks.

Okay okay, i'll say i am a pretty reasonable guy.  But the engeneer technician crap just erks me in a bad way (i think Google helped CryptAtomeTrader44 on that one unfortunately...).  I know when things are written down in email or a forum they completely leave out context or emotion.  I am perfectly fine with ending this whole deal now.  I want to keep this crypto mining stuff going, because it's awesome and nvOC rules.  I say we blame Google translator for this entire misunderstanding...this may be my last post before Google takes me away...

But I do have some fixes and useful tips for tweaking hashrates for different algos, how to easily add coins, swap miners, etc. Being a miner you need to understand the base code structure, how to configure miners, and how nvOC works (I still have a lot to learn here...).  But I feel like i can share some useful info that i know would of helped me in the beginning.  Just start with something small that we can build on ya know...
hashmasta83

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:43:22 AM

Regarding XVG pools found this out the hard way with Suprnova.  Wasn't seeing any coins building up or very little of what i should have been getting.  Probably stay away from Verge for a little while until they get this wallet issue figured out.

https://twitter.com/suprnovapools/status/953622940175695874?lang=en
thaelin

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:08:02 AM

@damNmad

Hey thanks much for the link. I already have one addy with that group. Look and feel are the same anyhow.
Setup went well and now have a useable address to experiment with. 

See, this is what the forum is definately for.  Helping others. We all have to start some where. Can remember
when I first joined a forum. I was seen nothing more than competition  and answers were far and few between.
In fact my first few days of mining went to the bit bucket as I didn't even know you had to have a wallet. Did
not get told either.   

thay
keno1234

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:53:40 AM

Hi guys,
How can I know the version of ZM miner? Thank you.
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 07:57:23 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 08:29:16 AM by papampi

Hi guys,
How can I know the version of ZM miner? Thank you.

It posts the version on first line when it start running

If its already running you can get it by :
Code:
cat nvoc_logs/screenlog.0 |grep zm

Latest vesrion is 0.6, You can update it by checking this post

nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release - Miner Update Script

papampi

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 08:10:58 AM

nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release - Miner Update Script

This script will check your nvOC miners and download new ones.
As requested, after download it will ask to recompile them.

Code:

Downloading and checking new miners for nvOC-v0019-2.x finished

Do you want to re-compile your miners (y/N)?  y

Checking if bn.h bignum error is fixed for compiling miners or not

Select miners to compile, (multiple comma separated values: 1,6,7)
1- ASccminer
2 -KTccminer
3 -KTccminer-cryptonight
4- KXccminer
5 -NAccminer
6- SPccminer
7- TPccminer
8- vertminer

Do your Choice: [A]LL [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [E]xit:

Miners Update Script:
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_miners/master/nvOC_miner_update.sh
bash /home/m1/Downloads/nvOC_miner_update.sh

Miner Versions:
Code:
Claymore                      11.0
Tpruvot ccminer               2.2.4
Bminer                        5.4.0
DSTM                          0.6
KlausT ccminer                8.20
KlaustT ccminer-cryptonight   2.06
Ethminer                      0.13.0
nanashi-ccminer               2.2-mod-r2
vertminer              1.0.2 Stable
ANXccminer              valexis-1.0

Bminer updated to v5.4.0

fk1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:30:46 AM

Hi,  when my gpurig switches coin to ZEN telegram sends me 0gpu utilization and low power draw but thats not true when I have a look with putty. Other coins work fine. Any idea why this is the case?
Regards
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 09:02:59 AM

Hi,  when my gpurig switches coin to ZEN telegram sends me 0gpu utilization and low power draw but thats not true when I have a look with putty. Other coins work fine. Any idea why this is the case?
Regards

Please post a report:

Code:
./nvOC report

Rig4p

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:35:05 PM

A new issue I have probably related to my motherboards.

I have two Supermicro dual AMD CPU boards and one Intel dual Xeon board running practically the same nvOC builds.
Only difference is I recompiled all the miners using the script on each system so maybe some slight difference mining but I don't think so.

Today I came home and both the AMD CPU boards were "running" but not booted and SSH of course was down.
The Intel board had lost it's SSH feed but was running and still mining.

I assume this was due to a network issue that happened during the day as the dead SSH feeds said something to this effect:
Code:
2018-02-18 09:13:29 PM|#  connect to us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20575 failed
I have noticed the AMD CPU rigs will not allow me to do a restart using the desktop controls OR when trying to start a boot from the SSH terminal.
The Intel board I can do both.
So I think this is a BIOS setup issue or something on the AMD CPU boards and the soft restart is not working whereas on the Intel board it is working.

Any idea where I might look to solve this issue? The restart on fail issue is great and kept me running one of three rigs but I would like to do better. Smiley
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 10:11:04 AM

A new issue I have probably related to my motherboards.

I have two Supermicro dual AMD CPU boards and one Intel dual Xeon board running practically the same nvOC builds.
Only difference is I recompiled all the miners using the script on each system so maybe some slight difference mining but I don't think so.

Today I came home and both the AMD CPU boards were "running" but not booted and SSH of course was down.
The Intel board had lost it's SSH feed but was running and still mining.

I assume this was due to a network issue that happened during the day as the dead SSH feeds said something to this effect:
Code:
2018-02-18 09:13:29 PM|#  connect to us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20575 failed
I have noticed the AMD CPU rigs will not allow me to do a restart using the desktop controls OR when trying to start a boot from the SSH terminal.
The Intel board I can do both.
So I think this is a BIOS setup issue or something on the AMD CPU boards and the soft restart is not working whereas on the Intel board it is working.

Any idea where I might look to solve this issue? The restart on fail issue is great and kept me running one of three rigs but I would like to do better. Smiley

MPH has some issues for the last couple of days and I have had so many connect fails as well.
Watchdog restart rig if there are 4 consecutive 3main restarts to solve the mining issue.
Some motherboards has some kind of hardware protection which keep the pc from restarting too many times.

I think your mobo gone to protection when it couldnt mine on MPH and it restarted too many times back to back.

taltom

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:46:49 PM

Has anyone found a work around to allow running the monitor from the onboard graphics controller?  My rig will reboot if I use the internal, unless I enter control z or x or q (haven't narrowed down to which one yet) and then it will continue and boot up and run.  This works if I'm there, but of course would not work if the rig is rebooted by the system or a power hit.

Thanks much,
Terry
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:22:35 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 07:00:19 PM by CryptAtomeTrader44

ALERT :

I think all members and followers of this thread who are mining CRC, INN, VIVO must read this comment made on CRC ANN btctalk thread :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2348866.msg30658343#msg30658343

Let me first say that this is just my own opinion, not the one of others. I am not trying to spread fud, I am just one miner, do what you want with my message... but here is a copy/paste of a post that I made on the Sparks coin thread a few days ago... My suspicions are getting more serious since, those always anonymous developpers are getting more and more silent, and I feel it is important you research this:

Sparks, Rapture, Phobos, Cerberus, Crowdcoin, Race, Dinero, Infinex, Force, Stipend, Endorphin, VIVO, Innova, Cropcoin and the list goes on and on and on.... All the same exact pattern copied: Masternode/PoW hybrid, ''small'' premine, Masternode auctions through discords, Airdrops , Anonymous teams, same wallet code and bugs, Masternode gets most or half of the mining, only on stocksexchange (except 2 or 3 of thoses)... It wouldnt surprise me if it would be all coming from the same team/person or maybe a teacher somewhere giving his students a school project to each start a coin... Extremely suspicious, do your research and prove me wrong please!

I think the same thing since I downloaded the wallets on my machine to not lose anything between my minor, my pools, and cryptopia which seems not to be very effective in maintenance and sometimes puts their wallets offline.

I would not say so much about Gobyte or TZC. Gobyte's thread is active and replies are made in the hour on the thread by its author.
I have not checked TZC yet, but I am beginning to doubt as much as the wallet is totally different but the method seems the same: masternode + mining with PoS / PoW.

Note that TZC has its own pool and that it seems stable but in addition this pool is 0% fee. I think they get paid with the transactions that are in bulk if you look at cryptopia.

FTC has been around for a long time but seems to be clearly weakening for a few days.

Pay attention to all this. I am, for one, worried about the first ones I mentioned.

Sorry if this translation is bad, I use google translate because English is not my first language

Be carefull with these coins that we know anything about the developer and real project.

EDIT : Slatt seems to be very active on TZC thread, so less doubt about TZC and GBX :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2140812.2520
taltom

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:59:30 PM

Has anyone seen this when booting up?  GPU 0 is a EVGA 1080 FTW  I've changed the "target" to different numbers and they reflect in the error message.

GPU 0, Mon Feb 19 08:26:10 EST 2018 - Adjusting fan from: 35 to: 40 Temp: 61

ERROR: Error assigning value 40 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed'
       (m1-desktop:0[fan:0]) as specified in assignment
       '[fan:0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=40' (Unknown Error).
Rig4p

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:09:48 PM

Has anyone seen this when booting up?  GPU 0 is a EVGA 1080 FTW  I've changed the "target" to different numbers and they reflect in the error message.

GPU 0, Mon Feb 19 08:26:10 EST 2018 - Adjusting fan from: 35 to: 40 Temp: 61

ERROR: Error assigning value 40 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed'
       (m1-desktop:0[fan:0]) as specified in assignment
       '[fan:0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=40' (Unknown Error).

See this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg29174770#msg29174770

Its the same issue found throughout the blog here about the Xorg not seeing your card.
Follow Papampi's instructions on the coolbits command.
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 08:24:30 PM

Restore default nvOC xorg.conf

Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_by_fullzero_Community_Release/19-2.1/restore_xorg.sh
bash /home/m1/Downloads/restore_xorg.sh

You can always find the default xorg.conf Here

Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: