Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:04:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417955 times)
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:13:16 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 03:26:26 PM by papampi

Hello,

I've been a user of NVOC for quite a while now on my two 1070 rigs (first 1.4 now 2.0) with very few issues. I really like the builds and want to say keep up the good work!

I'm now in the process of building some 1080ti machines (using Asus Z270-A boards) and have come across a problem (occurs with both 1.4 and 2.0 builds)...

I can get NVOC to boot into ubuntu by connecting to the intergrated GPU however get the usual xorg problem reboot message but can mine normally if I close the console window before the reboot happens and start ./3main manually but if I try to boot NVOC using the 1080ti I get a black screen after the ubuntu splash screen... I can SSH into the machine and it appears that it is mining...

I've had this sort of issue before with AMD machines and forcing nomodeset (or something like that) fixed the problem... however I've tried entering nomodeset at the grub menu but that doesn't do anything...

I'm at a bit of a loss with this, i'll continue playing but just wondered if anyone had come across this?

I'm presuming it's some sort of driver/xorg setup issue? I can boot off of my Win7 test SSD using the 1080ti and that works fine, so i'm pretty sure it's a software bug.

Thanks in advance!!

Download nvOC default xorg.conf and replace yours with it, reboot and see how it goes.
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_by_fullzero_Community_Release/19-2.1/xorg.conf
sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak
sudo cp /home/m1/Downloads/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf
sudo reboot

If that didnt help try this:
Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=31 --allow-empty-initial-configuration --enable-all-gpus
sudo reboot

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:21:04 PM

Try this:

for i in s u b; do echo $i | sudo tee /proc/sysrq-trigger; sleep 5; done  # reboot no matter the state

for i in s u o; do echo $i | sudo tee /proc/sysrq-trigger; sleep 5; done  # shutdown the system even when it is in a hanged state

Is there a script for a “rig offline” telegram notification that I’m missing? The telegram messages are awesome, but would be good to know if it powers down and stay down.

If system is going to be rebooted you will get notified from script that send the reboot command (watchdog or temp control), but if your rig freeze there is nothing to do.
You can set up an external watchdog like an RPi to check your rigs ping and ssh port and send you message if they were unreachable.

Hi
About this, does nvOC use the linux kernel watchdog ?

Unfortunately no.
Actually a card in one of my rigs making it hard freeze lately and I was reading and playing with sysctl to do a reboot on kernel panic with no success.

I changed
Code:
sudo reboot

in both watchdog and temp control to
Code:
sudo systemctl reboot --force

Didnt helped a bit.

Also added to /etc/sysctl.conf
Code:
kernel.panic = 1

And no help too,
The system freezes after 3-4 days of running clean with no logs, just a hard freeze.

Any one has good ideas to implement linux hardware kernel watchdog would be amazing to add ...

Thanks mate
Problem is system freezes and wont get to run those.
I need to enable kernel watchdog so it can reboot the frozen system.

gs777

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:43:51 PM

Honestly papampi and the developers if you ever feel like this, I (and probably many) would have no problem with you guys setting up a permanent 1% fee for using your OS.  Its only fair, as it takes a lot of your time and effort to develop, de-bug, and answer everyone's questions.  It's something you don't have to do but you do anyway.  I for one appreciate your efforts.
I am all for it. I think the developers are doing an outstanding work and it would be fair to reward them.

Absolutely agree we need something like this
 Smiley
WaveFront

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:25:29 PM

Hey guys, not sure where to put this, and this seems like the most logical place.  Mods please correct if it's an issue.  I have been using NVOC 19-1.4 for about a month and a half with 13x 1060's on an asrock h110 and the WTM profit switching.  I have added some coins including bitcoin gold and am somewhat familiar with the code but i'm not a programmer so please forgive any ignorance.  I attempted to add Verge-lyra2rev2 and while i am able to get it to mine successfully on ccminer, I am unable to differentiate between the different algos using the WTM profit switching.  It seems to always return the lowest XVG coin on WTM instead of the lyra2rev2 version.  My question is in papampi's screipt is there any way to specify something other than just the tag (XVG), but to use the coin id (207) to pull profit data on multi algo coins.  This would also be useful for coins like myriad.

Thanks in advance,

Ryansgt
Hi Ryansgt,
I had the same problem trying to mine XVG with lyra2rev2. The solution that I use, is to exclude the Groestl algorythm from Whattomine.com. You do that by clicking the "Groestl" button (that switch from blue to gray) excluding it.
You just plug the new JSON what to mine URL in 1bash and you are ready to go.

Unless you are mining a Groestl coin (highly unlikely since in general they are not very profitable), it should be a painless solution.
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:00:11 PM

Hey guys, not sure where to put this, and this seems like the most logical place.  Mods please correct if it's an issue.  I have been using NVOC 19-1.4 for about a month and a half with 13x 1060's on an asrock h110 and the WTM profit switching.  I have added some coins including bitcoin gold and am somewhat familiar with the code but i'm not a programmer so please forgive any ignorance.  I attempted to add Verge-lyra2rev2 and while i am able to get it to mine successfully on ccminer, I am unable to differentiate between the different algos using the WTM profit switching.  It seems to always return the lowest XVG coin on WTM instead of the lyra2rev2 version.  My question is in papampi's screipt is there any way to specify something other than just the tag (XVG), but to use the coin id (207) to pull profit data on multi algo coins.  This would also be useful for coins like myriad.

Thanks in advance,

Ryansgt
Hi Ryansgt,
I had the same problem trying to mine XVG with lyra2rev2. The solution that I use, is to exclude the Groestl algorythm from Whattomine.com. You do that by clicking the "Groestl" button (that switch from blue to gray) excluding it.

Unless you are mining a Groestl coin (highly unlikely since in general they are not very profitable), it should be a painless solution.

Yep, that's the best way going forward, we never expected this sort of deadlock, like a coin using multiple algos.

There should be a way of dealing with it but what you suggested is the easiest way for now.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Rig4p

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:31:12 PM

nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release - Miner Update Script

This script will check your nvOC miners and download new ones.
As requested, after download it will ask to recompile them.

Code:

Downloading and checking new miners for nvOC-v0019-2.x finished

Do you want to re-compile your miners (y/N)?  y

Checking if bn.h bignum error is fixed for compiling miners or not

Select miners to compile, (multiple comma separated values: 1,6,7)
1- ASccminer
2 -KTccminer
3 -KTccminer-cryptonight
4- KXccminer
5 -NAccminer
6- SPccminer
7- TPccminer
8- vertminer

Do your Choice: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]  [E]xit:

Miners Update Script:
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_miners/master/nvOC_miner_update.sh
bash /home/m1/Downloads/nvOC_miner_update.sh

Miner Versions:
Code:
Claymore                      10.6
ccminer Tpruvot               2.2.4
Bminer                        5.3.0
DSTM                          0.5.8
KlausT ccminer                8.20
KlaustT ccminer-cryptonight   2.06
Ethminer                      0.13.0
nanashi-ccminer               2.2-mod-r2
vertminer              1.0.2 Stable
ANXccminer              valexis-1.0

That great ! will try it now

Let me know if it has any bugs or problems.

I just ran the script and had it re-compile all 8 miners as a test.
I did not sit and watch all 8 compile but it completed "successfully" in less than 20 minutes on my lowly G3220.
I would say it works great. Smiley
Thanks again for the effort.
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:44:39 PM
Merited by damNmad (1)

Hey guys, not sure where to put this, and this seems like the most logical place.  Mods please correct if it's an issue.  I have been using NVOC 19-1.4 for about a month and a half with 13x 1060's on an asrock h110 and the WTM profit switching.  I have added some coins including bitcoin gold and am somewhat familiar with the code but i'm not a programmer so please forgive any ignorance.  I attempted to add Verge-lyra2rev2 and while i am able to get it to mine successfully on ccminer, I am unable to differentiate between the different algos using the WTM profit switching.  It seems to always return the lowest XVG coin on WTM instead of the lyra2rev2 version.  My question is in papampi's screipt is there any way to specify something other than just the tag (XVG), but to use the coin id (207) to pull profit data on multi algo coins.  This would also be useful for coins like myriad.

Thanks in advance,

Ryansgt
Hi Ryansgt,

Yep, that's the best way going forward, we never expected this sort of deadlock, like a coin using multiple algos.

There should be a way of dealing with it but what you suggested is the easiest way for now.

Yes, disabling groestl in WTM URL that you put in 1bash was also my solution that i proposed in my post here :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1157121;sa=showPosts;start=20

But i think it would be possible to filter multi-algo XVG coins like nicehash multi-algo added.
simply add one or two lines of code in forked python script papampi.

Here is what I propose :
Search this section in the python script :

Code:
# filter WTM coins by user selection only
for i in reversed (data):
     if i ["tag"] == "NICEHASH":
        i ["tag"] = "NICE-" + i ["algorithm"]. upper ()

if i ["tag"] not in includedCoins:
        data.remove (i)

with adding XVG in WTM_SWITCHER python script

Code:
# filter WTM coins by user selection only
     if i ["tag"] == "NICEHASH":
        i ["tag"] = "NICE-" + i ["algorithm"]. upper ()
    if i ["tag"] == "Verge":
        i ["tag"] = "Verge-" + i ["algorithm"]. upper ()

if i ["tag"] not in includedCoins:
        data.remove (i)
Of course, you will also have to modify 0miner minning command script file accordingly and also 1bash config file to update  parameters of coin XVG and OC_SPECIFIC_ALGO section too.

I think if you're familiar with code you'll be able to do it all.
You just have to take model on added nicehash-algo coins for other scripts files.

This is a propsition that I have not tested myself because I also think, as damnmad, that groestl is not profitable and therefore it is easier to disable it.

I have currently disabled the minning of XVG because of the sharp fall of recent days. Everything that was below 50,000 satochis was removed from my list of coin in WTM. So, suddenly I found myself mining ETH several times in recent days with using of WTM profit switch.
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:45:12 PM

Code:

1- ASccminer
2 -KTccminer
3 -KTccminer-cryptonight
4- KXccminer
5 -NAccminer
6- SPccminer
7- TPccminer
8- vertminer

Miners Update Script:
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_miners/master/nvOC_miner_update.sh

Miner Versions:
Code:
Tpruvot ccminer               2.2.4

This is really amazing pap, it will help users who are not good at compiling or having issues with compiled miners.Will share it with the discord community too.

Please don't mind about people writing in bad tone, they don't understand the effort and time you are putting into this and there are really nice people up in here writing good things, they are the ones we really care about. Appreciate the work so much.

Like you say : " keep calm and carry on mining"

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
urnzwy

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:48:18 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 04:28:45 AM by urnzwy

Is there a script for a “rig offline” telegram notification that I’m missing? The telegram messages are awesome, but would be good to know if it powers down and stay down.

If system is going to be rebooted you will get notified from script that send the reboot command (watchdog or temp control), but if your rig freeze there is nothing to do.
You can set up an external watchdog like an RPi to check your rigs ping and ssh port and send you message if they were unreachable.

I'll look into the Pi, would be great to set it up to ping and then restart if needed. Of course, finding the issue of the freeze is my priority and I think I have an idea now.

I have two rigs both mining ZCL on Supernova and this has happened twice that both rigs will freeze within a minute of eachother. I saw the first time while being connected via teamviewer that the server "disconnects" briefly within the miner and that watchdog will then re-start the 3main, get hung up and freeze. I assume this is what happened again. I would point to a hardware issue, but both separately going down at the same time with no telegram errors? Too much of a coincidence. I don't have any of the cards overclocked at this point, both systems were up for almost two days before the last freeze.

Anything you can think of in this regard?

I am in the process of updating the miners and re-compiling. Thanks!
das0212

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:15:21 PM

Code:

1- ASccminer
2 -KTccminer
3 -KTccminer-cryptonight
4- KXccminer
5 -NAccminer
6- SPccminer
7- TPccminer
8- vertminer

Good Job Bro...
please add also the option  "All of the above" to compile all miners
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 03:24:29 PM

Code:

1- ASccminer
2 -KTccminer
3 -KTccminer-cryptonight
4- KXccminer
5 -NAccminer
6- SPccminer
7- TPccminer
8- vertminer

Miners Update Script:
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads

Miner Versions:
Code:
ccminer Tpruvot               2.2.4

Good Job Bro...
please add also the option  "All of the above" to compile all miners

Glad so many liked it.
Good idea for "All" option, Added.

Code:
Do your Choice: [A]LL [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [E]xit

Rig4p

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:41:48 PM

So I have now tried the standard MPH_EQUIHASH switcher, MPH_ETHASH switcher and the SALFTER_MPH_PROFIT switchers from nvOC.
I have not yet tried the WTM switcher. That's next.  Smiley
I auto_exchange to ZEC on the MPH pool and that also works very well.
I have noticed from my test runs that I gain very little additional ZEC, if any additional, using these switchers than just pointing all my GPUs directly at ZEC.

It seems that the switching occurs often and is based on something like instantaneous profit margin on an exchange.
If that is what is happening, there is very little chance to:
have the miners switch
get the coin mined
into the wallet
confirmed
onto the exchange
and the exchange made before the switching equation is no longer valid

And frequently the switch formula will select a coin that only has the highest margin for a very short time, so if you make the time between profit checks too long your wasting time mining a suddenly low-profit coin.
It would seem that auto switching would be more advantageous if one had many rigs that could start the profit checking timeout in a staggered manner.
That way it is more likely that only one rig would be stuck mining a short-time-most-profitable coin.

Can someone help me with what I am missing in my thinking?
My farm is not that large so the benefits may be so small that I can't measure them.
The work done on the switchers is fantastic but I don't yet see the benefit.
Thanks.
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:44:22 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 04:03:30 PM by CryptAtomeTrader44
Merited by damNmad (1)

whattomine has just added Innova Coin to the possible coin selection in its comprarative list.
If you want to add it to your WTM_SWITCHER list, it's still easy:

To add Innova (INN) (Neoscrypt) to the selection of cryptocurrency in 1bash script file and therefore also in the WTM switch:

1 / Find TZC Variables in 1bash file (just below the VIVO variables, you will copy / paste as a template Under TZC lines):

Code:
# Innova (INN)
# ## No Need to add add stratum+tcp:// to server address
INN_WORKER="$WORKERNAME"
INN_ADDRESS="INN_Wallet_Address" # Donwnload InnovaCoin Wallet and Blockchain to obtain an address, avoid mining on cryptopia address
INN_POOL="pool.unimining.net" # 0.5% pool fee, Yiimp type Pool
INN_PORT="4235"
INN_PWD="c=INN"
INN_INTENSITY="17"

Add this below to the 0miner script file (in the same way below the command to launch the TZC ccminer and you can copy TZC but be careful to replace TZC_ by INN_ in the whole command):
Code:
	if [ $COIN == "INN" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/KTccminer/ccminer'
ADDR="$INN_ADDRESS.$INN_WORKER"
screen -dmSL miner $HCD -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://$INN_POOL:$INN_PORT -u $ADDR -p $INN_PWD -i $INN_INTENSITY
fi

At the end of 1 bash file, you can also add INN coin in ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC section, Like This :

Code:
if [ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "YES" ]
then
  # Neoscrypt
  if [ $COIN == "FTC" -o $COIN == "ORB" -o $COIN == "PXC" -o $COIN == "VIVO" -o $COIN == "TZC" -o $COIN == "GBX" -o $COIN == "CRC" -o $COIN == "INN" -o $COIN == "DSR" -o $COIN == "NICE-NEOSCRYPT" ]
  then
    ALGORITHM="NEOSCRYPT"
    POWERLIMIT_WATTS=80
    __CORE_OVERCLOCK=150
    MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=800
  fi

Don't mine directly to Cryptopia Wallet Address because if Maintenance on INN Blockchain, cryptopia will be slow to reput online a wallet, and you risk to mine in the void for all  the time cryptopia INN wallet could be offline or désynchronised of official Blockchain.
Download their smaller wallet. There is a portable wallet for windows users.
https://innovacoin.info/#wallets

To consult your pool balance :
https://www.unimining.net/?address=INN_Wallet Address

You can mine INN on other pools :
http://www.zpool.ca/site/mining => 2% pool fee
http://pool.hashrefinery.com/ => 1.25% pool fee
https://altminer.net/ => 0.9% fee
https://www.lycheebit.com/ => 1% fee

More pools on their webpage, I do not have all consulted :
https://innovacoin.info/pools/
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:50:28 PM

Be carefull in Mining VIVO coin, i mine it but it seems that his blockchain is pericliting or desynchronize on severals pools.

If you are minning VIVO, Please let US a Message to tell everyone where is the good blockchain.

Because of this désynchonized VIVO blockchain, i prbably loose 0.5 Vivo ...even if bulwarkpool.com confims all blocks it mine on the wrong blockchain. But i think it's not a good solution to resolve.

I just saw thant hashraffinery seems to have the same problem but i'm not sure because they don't precise tha coins they are desynchronized

Please tell everyone what pool your are using.
hashmasta83

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:24:58 AM

Is there a way to use MPH pool auto exchange feature using papampi WTM auto switching?  I have not tried this but i assume if i point all the different coins to the correct 72XXX ports that it would work?  Has anyone tried this or have any ideas on how to implement this in the code?
fk1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:03:10 AM

@papampi: can this work also with latest rxOC?
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 08:47:08 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 06:54:42 AM by papampi

Is there a way to use MPH pool auto exchange feature using papampi WTM auto switching?  I have not tried this but i assume if i point all the different coins to the correct 72XXX ports that it would work?  Has anyone tried this or have any ideas on how to implement this in the code?

Yes, and thats what I do
Just set your coins with normal 17xxx port and add them to wtm_coins

Edit:
Normal port 20xxx should be used, 17xxx is auto algo switch.

papampi

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 08:49:26 AM

@papampi: can this work also with latest rxOC?

I dont have any amd rigs and dont use rxOC
But I think the set of compile miners has same path as rxOC, but others like ethminer, dstm, bminer, ... may have different path in rxOC that should be changed in 3main/1bash or move them to the appropriate location.

bytiges

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:49:42 AM

@papampi re: hardware watchdog

Sorry for being brief here, but I'll try to give you some pointers.

you should look at ubuntu package watchdog and the watchdogd daemon. When implemented correctly (I hope it is) with the help of the kernel is should work as hardware watchdog timer (on mobos where the hardware watchdog can be enabled in bios or where it's enabled by default).

It works by starting watchdogd which is a daemon that will reset a watchdog (hardware bit in the cpu/mobo) once a minute. Once started, if watchdogd does not reset the timer, a hardware reset occurs.

Sometimes it's possible that there's a hardware issue with the gpus where a simple reset will not be good and you might need a physical power on-off.

hth, bytiges.
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:56:23 AM

@papampi re: hardware watchdog

Sorry for being brief here, but I'll try to give you some pointers.

you should look at ubuntu package watchdog and the watchdogd daemon. When implemented correctly (I hope it is) with the help of the kernel is should work as hardware watchdog timer (on mobos where the hardware watchdog can be enabled in bios or where it's enabled by default).

It works by starting watchdogd which is a daemon that will reset a watchdog (hardware bit in the cpu/mobo) once a minute. Once started, if watchdogd does not reset the timer, a hardware reset occurs.

Sometimes it's possible that there's a hardware issue with the gpus where a simple reset will not be good and you might need a physical power on-off.

hth, bytiges.

Thanks mate
I know how it works, and I can load watchdog manually but couldn't get it to auto start on system boot.
Also no idea which modules to remove from blacklist .

Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: