Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool!  (Read 123663 times)
Twister Trojan

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:01:25 AM

You can now make account modifications that require your PIN number again.  Email burningtoad@arsbitcoin.com if you need any assistance.
Thank you.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:19:13 AM

hmmm, I hope this wont happen to soon since right now I have over 200 BTC still unpaid and without a decent chance of recouping atleast some of it would simply suck. Unless you figure out a way to start rewarding only those who still mine at the pool from new blocks generated since it seems a huge volume of users simply stopped and is now piggybacking on remaining miners who still clear blocks for the pool, these loyal miners would be affected the most since they constantly will have unpaid balances.
I suspect you mean extra credit. That was never promised to become Bitcoins or retain any value.

I didnt say it was promised to become credit or bitcoins, I was just refering to the fact that this pool change from prop to SMPPS exactly to prevent people from earning when they dont mine and guess what, thats what is happening right now alot of miners stopped and still getting credit for other people clearing blocks.

Take it as you like but since the pool is planning to shutdown, this is affecting fulltime miners who still contribute alot more than piggyback miners who gave up long ago.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Miner612

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

FPGA convert

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 10:28:57 PM

I plan on getting to it today, sorry for the wait.  If you have something urgent, you can email be at burningtoad@arsbitcoin.com

Are you running the pool again?  Or does it still suck?

You guys were bad ass for a while, then started sucking ass.  Are you bad ass again?  Are you the original guy who ran the pool when it was bad ass?

I am looking for a new home ... 10 ghash and growing.

The pool still mostly sucks.  

Actually in the recent month or so, it is fairly stable and if it messed up, I restart it.  I usually get to support emails within 7 days or so.  I'm still the original guy who ran it, but it has fallen into deep neglect.

Once I figure out the details, I will be shutting the pool down.  But basically, once I announce it, it will be something like 30 days left to mine, 60 days left to claim bitcoins on the site that may be in your account, and then 90 days until I officially close accounts (can still claim coins.)  Once I officially announce, notices will be posted on the site, all members with balances and/or recent mining activity will be emailed, etc.

What a bummer man.  I loved your pool.

I buy and sell GPUs, most 5850s and 7970s. 
jimzolorenzo@gmail.com  -- Make an offer.
http://myworld.ebay.com/i_buy_5850s  -- current inventory
I have a couple bare bone mining rigs for sale as well.

--------------

I bought silver from [ccliu] 5 star transaction!
I bought silver from [TECSHARE] -- shipping still
Clipse

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 04:30:33 PM

Your pool server crashed.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
manifold

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 06:40:46 AM

Your pool server crashed.
yeah... what's going on?
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 11:55:40 AM

My friends, we are gathered here today to morn the loss of Donate@Home, BTC Warp, Arsbitcoin, 50BTC, nmcbit, and Polmine.
As a user of Bitcoin I have the honor to speak here today on behalf of the broader Bitcoin community. The tragic loss of these pools could have been prevented, if they paid any attention to the system that gave them life, a system they claimed to serve. But it was not so, and now they will soon fork from the longest chain and become orphaned. Their past blocks, however, will live on — remembered and celebrated by all nodes for eternity. So, now, for the last time as you mine your final blocks we bid you farewell rugged pools.

Clipse

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 12:01:34 PM

[Saturday, March 31, 2012] [10:49 PM] <gmaxwell>
My friends, we are gathered here today to morn the loss of Donate@Home, BTC Warp, Arsbitcoin, 50BTC, nmcbit, and Polmine.
As a user of Bitcoin I have the honor to speak here today on behalf of the broader Bitcoin community. The tragic loss of these pools could have been prevented, if they paid any attention to the system that gave them life, a system they claimed to serve. But it was not so, and now they will soon fork from the longest chain and become orphaned. Their past blocks, however, will live on — remembered and celebrated by all nodes for eternity. So, now, for the last time as you mine your final blocks we bid you farewell rugged pools.

Erm they just need to patch and all is well, why spread this bullshit?

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 12:42:36 PM

Well there were even valid blocks today from Donate@Home and BTC Warp - so I guess with easter coming up, contrary to popular beliefs, something useful can get resurrected

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Clipse

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 12:46:20 PM

Well there were even valid blocks today from Donate@Home and BTC Warp - so I guess with easter coming up, contrary to popular beliefs, something useful can get resurrected

Im sure they upgraded, just remember donate@home have multiple blocks listed on blockchain that belongs to the Mystery Miner and not actually donate@home.

Also nmcbit upgraded aswell.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 12:50:48 PM

FWIW, I offered to do the update for BurningToad (I want to get the stable backports tested). Haven't heard back yet.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 01:24:19 PM

FWIW, I offered to do the update for BurningToad (I want to get the stable backports tested). Haven't heard back yet.
You forgot to add
also, my patches don't actually enable BIP16. they just work within the rules, so it doesn't make orphans.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
SistaS0uljah

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 04:10:53 PM

This was actually my favorite pool, and I've been mining here for months.  I stayed even after BT said he couldn't maintain it and would eventually close it down, but promised all miners at least 30 days notice.

The pool is dead this morning, with no advance notice at all, the one remaining server seems to have crashed 11 hours ago and no one is awake to re-boot it.

I'd be happy to take on the task of resurrecting ArsBitcoin, but I'm not a developer and would essentially have to train myself in how to administer it, but I'm a sysadmin in my day job and could probably figure it out.  If you're serious about helping maintain the pool, I'd like to know if Burning Toad would be interested in handing over the admin stuff and moving on.  I thought it was a fine pool, and I really enjoyed mining here and honestly, I'm too lazy (and busy with my day job) to start a new pool from scratch.  The pool is already built and relatively stable and functioned headless for months after BT "retired," so I don't think it would be too much of a headache to kickstart, but perhaps I'm an optimist.

Who's with me?
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 04:20:03 PM

The pool is dead this morning, with no advance notice at all, the one remaining server seems to have crashed 11 hours ago and no one is awake to re-boot it.
It was only about 24 hours ago that we (developers) realized all miners without BIP16 support would likely suffer to 100% orphanage when it became enforced. Given Ars's lack of maintenance, I can't say I'm surprised by the turn of events. It could be worse, though - the server could be giving out worthless work.

I'd be happy to take on the task of resurrecting ArsBitcoin, but I'm not a developer and would essentially have to train myself in how to administer it, but I'm a sysadmin in my day job and could probably figure it out.  If you're serious about helping maintain the pool, I'd like to know if Burning Toad would be interested in handing over the admin stuff and moving on.  I thought it was a fine pool, and I really enjoyed mining here and honestly, I'm too lazy (and busy with my day job) to start a new pool from scratch.  The pool is already built and relatively stable and functioned headless for months after BT "retired," so I don't think it would be too much of a headache to kickstart, but perhaps I'm an optimist.
FWIW, I run Eligius, the original SMPPS pool. I'm not sure why people used Ars over Eligius, but maybe with a few people could contribute whatever they felt Eligius was lacking in (Eligius is a community pool; any community member can get an account on the webserver to add new services/etc)?

While I'd help BT out by patching Ars, I don't intend to get involved with running another pool long-term.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 11:54:57 PM

It was only about 24 hours ago that we (developers) realized all miners without BIP16 support would likely suffer to 100% orphanage when it became enforced. Given Ars's lack of maintenance, I can't say I'm surprised by the turn of events. It could be worse, though - the server could be giving out worthless work.
Not technically correct.
A miner will not be effected if they are mining on a pool that has upgraded.

If they use their bitcoind to do certain types of transactions (this has nothing to do with mining) they can have issues.
They, of course, should upgrade to reduce the number of node on the network that will accept the bad transactions.
Until the pools are all upgraded, however, the forks will keep happening.

... I'm keeping my bitcoind not upgraded for a while so I can see the forks that happen ... like 20 minutes ago Smiley

Edit: and one minute after this post.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 01:49:33 AM

I'd love to see Ars keep running.   I don't use Eligius due to the long wait required to reach the payout amount (or at least that's why I stopped using it a long, long time ago, and haven't been back to check if anything changed).

To be honest I'd rather see Ars back up, even if under new management, than move back to Eligius though, just due to questionable decisions by the owner in the past. 

Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 02:07:51 AM

I'd love to see Ars keep running.   I don't use Eligius due to the long wait required to reach the payout amount (or at least that's why I stopped using it a long, long time ago, and haven't been back to check if anything changed).
Current minimum payout is about 0.67 BTC. But that's only really there for miners' convenience, so subject to change by popular vote...

To be honest I'd rather see Ars back up, even if under new management, than move back to Eligius though, just due to questionable decisions by the owner in the past. 
I suspect you refer to FUD/slander.

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 02:27:37 AM

When BT 1st posted about his issues in November many people offered to take over/ help/whatever it took to keep Ars going (including me) I had no response and I have not heard of anyone else getting a response.

taking over now compared to then....would seem ... a lot less viable....and way more risky
Shame its gone this way, but guys you gotta cut your losses sometime, and really Novembers post was fair warning Smiley
best of luck with your future pools Smiley
Graet

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Clipse

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 09:14:53 AM

When BT 1st posted about his issues in November many people offered to take over/ help/whatever it took to keep Ars going (including me) I had no response and I have not heard of anyone else getting a response.

taking over now compared to then....would seem ... a lot less viable....and way more risky
Shame its gone this way, but guys you gotta cut your losses sometime, and really Novembers post was fair warning Smiley
best of luck with your future pools Smiley
Graet

He posted only a few days ago that he will give 30/60/90 days advance notice, that was his most recent post so that is what we should take from him.

Not living up to that makes him no less a corrupt member than any other person around here. Some people considered to continue mining due to this message and continue donating which he happily soaked up and then suddenly kill the server and not respond to this thread.

SistaS0uljah

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 05:47:14 PM

He posted only a few days ago that he will give 30/60/90 days advance notice, that was his most recent post so that is what we should take from him.
Yeah, it's kind of rude to make such pronouncements and then fail to fulfill them, but perhaps Burning Toad is so out of the loop that he hasn't even bothered to check on the pool's status since then, or even bothered to look at the forums to see everyone trashing him.  I'd assume he would have set up alerts to notify him of any catastrophic failure of the pool, and if he didn't, the pool really needs a more conscientious admin.  But since it doesn't seem like anything will happen soon, I'm tempted to just give up on Ars and cash out.  My miners are all happily hashing away on a different pool right now, but I have about 4.24 BTC sitting in the unpaid work queue on Ars, and I'd hate to just lose it.  I know it's not much, but I increased my donation level in November after BT said he was losing money on the venture because I wanted to help him out.  I guess I just donated another 4.24 BTC to the lost cause. 

Hey, I just checked the stats and realized that donation puts me in the list of the TOP 20 donors to ArsBitcoin!  You're welcome, BT! Grin
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 06:01:17 PM

Why does this matter?  Do you really need your coins immediately?  And it's actually MORE secure since it's impossible for Luke to run off with the coins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: