Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:17:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 347 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT  (Read 277192 times)
davgonz90

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:55:39 PM

Can anyone clarify this for me.....do u need PPT to enter the platform 2 Buy invoices or can any whale w/ fiat simply enter and buy? Hope the 1st. I thought that's why it was so critical to be a PPT holder to have exclusive rights to it but maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully not.

Based on what I read in the whitepaper and what I've seen in videos and interviews, you DON'T need PPT to invest in invoices.

If true, I find that unfortunate as well as there will be no incentive to buy PPT when you can simply invest fiat.

Maybe Populous can give a comment on this?
4Smitty

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:24:21 PM

I sent a message to Steve and Clif to see either could clarify and waiting for a response. Obviously, the incentive to buy PPT is the increased value of your token due to the platform increased value and we can buy invoices using our appreciated PPT value.....however, if whales with 10s of millions jump in and can simply buy pokens with fiat who's to say that smaller PPT owners will even have a chance to buy invoices....Sad
davgonz90

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:29:59 PM

I sent a message to Steve and Clif to see either could clarify and waiting for a response. Obviously, the incentive to buy PPT is the increased value of your token due to the platform increased value and we can buy invoices using our appreciated PPT value.....however, if whales with 10s of millions jump in and can simply buy pokens with fiat who's to say that smaller PPT owners will even have a chance to buy invoices....Sad

I agree. I just asked this question in the Slack group as well as on a few YouTube channels I watch.

I can't seem to wrap my head around WHY the price of PPT would go up?

If you can simply invest fiat, why go through the trouble of owning PPT?

A common answer is, "Because PPT will appreciate, thus, giving you more buying power".

Okay, but that still doesn't answer the question: WHY will PPT appreciate? If you don't NEED the token to use the platform, why would it increase in value?

Hopefully we can get an answer to this.
4Smitty

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:34:35 PM

I agree. I just asked this question in the Slack group as well as on a few YouTube channels I watch.

A common answer is, "Because PPT will appreciate, thus, giving you more buying power".

Okay, but that still doesn't answer the question: WHY will PPT appreciate? If you don't NEED the token to use the platform, why would it increase in value?

Great point!! Yes, hope to get answers and thanks for asking that!
Phase_Shifter99

Activity: 305
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:45:22 PM

[ITS the investor rational thinking which drives PPT up]
If you had 100.000 Fiat on your account, would you like to keep it there as fiat, or would you thing to change it to Bitcoin/PPT. After 1 year would you be (in your exptection) more happy with 100.000 fiat or  a stong rsing crypto curreny which possibly would buy you more invoice to generat passive income. If you thing about it it should become more clear why PPT is already rising and will more the next years. Also we not know which FIAT/PPT  ratio the will allow in future  at Populous, in the moment every money will be welcome but always? unlimited fiat ?.... I dont thing so...

davgonz90

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:57:23 PM

If you had 100.000 Fiat on your account, would you like to keep it there as fiat, or would you thing to change it to Bitcoin/PPT. After 1 year would you be (in your exptection) more happy with 100.000 fiat or  a stong rsing crypto curreny which possibly would buy you more invoice to generat passive income. If you thing about it it should become more clear why PPT is already rising and will more the next years. Also we not know which FIAT/PPT  ratio the will allow in future  at Populous, in the moment every money will be welcome but always? unlimited fiat ?.... I dont thing so...

That doesn't answer the question.

You say, "a strong rising crypto currency".

Okay, WHY would PPT increase? What's the mechanism?

You don't NEED PPT to buy invoices. You can simply invest fiat.

If there's no need for it, why own it?

Saying, "it will go up because it will go up" isn't a good answer.

I'm not trying to spread FUD here. I'm heavily invested in PPT and I want to see it succeed.

I just don't know what incentive it has to increase in value.
Phase_Shifter99

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:17:04 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 04:27:39 PM by Phase_Shifter99

I'm not trying to spread FUD here. I'm heavily invested in PPT and I want to see it succeed.

I saw your response coming this shows your one dimensional thinking.
You are not investor and possible poor this your limited thinking capability in that area shows - kid.
Its all about investor rational decisions and the driving force behind it: greed and ANGST. And mama will not come to explain the world for you ....  Cool

Update: and PLEASE do not send your EtherSCAN Account info around just to proof you are not poor , dont harm youself  Grin

BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 04:27:31 PM

All,

I have emailed and reached out to the PPT team via twitter about these very concerns that you have. It is definitely something that needs to be addressed ASAP.

If/when I hear back from them I will be sure to let everybody know. I am not a HUGE holder of PPT but I definitely hold enough that make most people go "wait, how much did you say Shocked Shocked"...

As far as my understanding, without PPT you cannot access the platform. At leas that is my understanding from reading the white paper and what not.

However IF true, IF anybody can use BTC/FIAT or whatever and does not need to use PPT tokens, then the intrinsic value of PPT tokens is.... $0.00 - just the truth.

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
davgonz90

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:28:52 PM

You are not investor and possible poor this your limited thinking capability in that area shows - kid.
Its all about investor rational decisions and the driving force behind it: greed and ANGST. And mama will not come to explain the world for you ....  Cool

Ad Hominem.

Don't attack me- attack my argument.

Either you have an answer, or you don't.

Don't get defensive if you don't have an answer.
wafdawg

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:32:04 PM

All,

I have emailed and reached out to the PPT team via twitter about these very concerns that you have. It is definitely something that needs to be addressed ASAP.

If/when I hear back from them I will be sure to let everybody know. I am not a HUGE holder of PPT but I definitely hold enough that make most people go "wait, how much did you say Shocked Shocked"...

As far as my understanding, without PPT you cannot access the platform. At leas that is my understanding from reading the white paper and what not.

However IF true, IF anybody can use BTC/FIAT or whatever and does not need to use PPT tokens, then the intrinsic value of PPT tokens is.... $0.00 - just the truth.

I believe this is inaccurate.  There is a difference between the PPT and Pokens.  Pokens are pegged directly to the fiat value 1:1 wherease PPT can be used to purchase pokens to use for invoice factoring. An invoice will be priced in pokens.  As a holder of PPT tokens, your cost basis will be lower to purchase the invoice. You retain your PPT tokens and earn pokens. That is my understanding anyway.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
davgonz90

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:36:45 PM

All,

I'd like an answer as well.

You can see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=968666;sa=showPosts;start=100 that Steve talks about finding ways to reward PPT holders once the platform is up and running (Post #109).
Phase_Shifter99

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:41:59 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 05:01:22 PM by Phase_Shifter99

Ad Hominem.

you can not understand the answer, its all explained. "Its a user error problem" . Blocked you now because to waste my time already to much. You think to simple... and you have no PPT you are here to spread FUD
Also this is what I now not understand : Why you buy something what you obviously not understood - PPT. Why you not sale and be happy about 20x your investment....

davgonz90

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:47:36 PM

Ad Hominem.

you can not understand the answer, its all explained. "Its a user error problem" . Blocked you now because to waste my time already to much. You think to simple... and you have no PPT you are here to spread FUD

It appears that you're unwilling (or unable) to answer the question. I'll wait for a response from the Populous team.
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:50:59 PM

I don't know what is the issue now about what everyone is talking right at the moment. I saw great opportunity and bought again. I hope I will have enough time to accumulate before investors/holders will have access to the platform. People those who are buying aren't headless since day 1st is up for trading.
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 05:11:40 PM

All,

I believe this is inaccurate.  There is a difference between the PPT and Pokens.  Pokens are pegged directly to the fiat value 1:1 wherease PPT can be used to purchase pokens to use for invoice factoring. An invoice will be priced in pokens.  As a holder of PPT tokens, your cost basis will be lower to purchase the invoice. You retain your PPT tokens and earn pokens. That is my understanding anyway.

You are correct, and that is exactly the layout and explanation that I give in my video "Populous Tokens vs Pokens". However, as I stated previous, IF you there is NO NEED to have PPT tokens in order to get the contracts, then that changes everything value wise for PPT.

No use speculating tho, I am sure we will hear from the team soon, and the price will continue to rise for us  Grin Grin Grin

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:33:58 PM

So much drama in ICO coins  these days its'a so damn entertaining  when a bunch of kids with no crypto knowledge throw money at things.

FOR RENT.
PokerStein1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:35:28 PM

I get upset that i did not buy more when it's just 1 dollars. We are going to talk back than it was just one dollars look at it now it is 500 dollars Cheesy 

wafdawg

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:28:33 PM

All,

You are correct, and that is exactly the layout and explanation that I give in my video "Populous Tokens vs Pokens". However, as I stated previous, IF you there is NO NEED to have PPT tokens in order to get the contracts, then that changes everything value wise for PPT.

No use speculating tho, I am sure we will hear from the team soon, and the price will continue to rise for us  Grin Grin Grin

Yes it will rise for sure but last thought on it; i believe Pokens are what they are referred to when placed inside the platform.  If you have 1 PPT worth $6 USD you will receive 6 Pokens to be used for auctioning.  If you take it out of the platform you will receive the equivalent PPT back or the fiat equivalent if you choose to withdraw in fiat. 

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
greyswan

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:53:17 PM

Great point!! Yes, hope to get answers and thanks for asking that!

Not sure if you've seen this, 45 Smiley Also, buying pools are already part of the system so we can whale in groups.

https://medium.com/bitpopulous/our-secret-sauce-bd5e1d35f8a6
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:05:21 PM

I feel alpha version will bring more people into this project there is pretty high chance to grow more strong in coming days. I'm satisfied to buy this token from pre-ICO this would make return 3000x like Startis and IOTA. PPT is also promising project and I think people have chance to catch this train.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 347 »
  Print  

Jump to: