Bitcoin Forum
August 21, 2017, 10:47:21 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA] ckpool.org ZERO FEE SPLNS no registration mining pool  (Read 31339 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2254

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 06:40:41 AM

http://ckpool.org

Public BETA now open. Note the pool is in a testing stage so there is currently no guarantees about the quality of service or reliability at this stage. Conditions and terms of the pool may be subject to change.

No frills, no fuss ZERO FEE anonymous SPLNS bitcoin mining for everyone

No registration required, coinbase generation, no pool op wallets

Configuration:

Just point your miner to one of:
Code:
pool.ckpool.org:3333
pool.ckpool.org:443
Set your username to your btcaddress with any or even no worker extension, and any password.
eg:
Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ.0 -p x
If you enter an invalid address you will be rejected

SPLNS

SPLNS stands for Score Per Last N Shares. Score refers to the fact that share value is weighted by the difficulty of the share found.
Last N Shares refers to the fact that the score is a rolling score based on N shares where N means 5 x the current difficulty.
The rolling average is weighted according to when the shares were found - the more recent shares are the more they are worth.

Features of SPLNS:

Hop proof - the system cannot be gamed to earn more by hopping on and off during lucky blocks.
Short "ramp up time" compared to PPLNS - rewards more rapidly rise to stable levels when you first start hashing.
Long "ramp down time" - you are still entitled to rewards for a very long period which is pool hashrate dependant rather than time dependent so you don't quickly "fall off" and earn nothing when you stop mining. Additionally this helps minimise variance for intermittent miners.
Lucky rewards - since shares are weighted by the difficulty of the share found, if you are a small miner that has a handful of lucky high diff shares, you can earn significantly more, capped at current network difficulty.
Block finder rewards - as per lucky rewards, a large share weight is attached to block finds (but is applied to the next block reward since user rewards are included in the existing unsolved block reward.) The sooner the next block is found, the higher the block finder reward is.
Malicious & faulty miner disincentives - since shares are rewarded according to the difficulty of the share found, malicious miners that withhold block solves, or faulty hardware that doesn't produce high diff shares will have substantially less reward than on any other pay scheme or pool.

SPLNS calculation is done on the fly and updated every minute based as a product of HERP DERP.
Herp stands for Hash Extracted Rate Product - where each share is worth sqrt(MIN(share diff, network_diff) / work_diff) * work_diff / 2
Derp stands for Difficulty Extrapolated Reward Payment - where the reward equals the user's herp divided by the pool's herp i.e. it is the expected reward should a block be found now.
The pool's Herp is simply added until it reaches 5 * network difficulty. After that it is biased every minute by scaling existing herp down to add the latest minute's herp and all users' herp is adjusted by the same scale the pool's was.

Additional and/or unique ckpool.org features:

Accurate statistics by the minute - while the statistics displayed at ckpool.org are rudimentary, they are updated by the minute and include accurate estimates of hash rate, herp and derp - which translates into an accurate estimate of payout should a block be solved.
Luck estimates - as the difficulty of each share is calculated into the user's herp, it is compared to an equivalent 'last N share' calculation to determine the miner's overall luck. This is done on a per worker and per user basis and displayed in the stats.The larger the miner and the longer they mine, the closer to 1 their luck will be while small miners may have much more variation.
Coinbase generation - Block solve reward is distributed directly from the block to each user, meaning each user gets a 'mined' transaction directly into their wallet as soon as the block is solved so there is no wait to get paid and no pool wallet storing user's rewards. Rewards will be considered 'immature' by bitcoin rules so will be unspendable until 100 network confirmations have passed.
Interleaved rewards - Each time a block is solved, the top 100 miners will receive a payout while 50 of the remaining smaller miners will receive a payout. Rewards will alternate between the smaller miners according to who has waited the longest for a payout. Rewards accumulate from blocks worked on even if miners are not scheduled for a payout with that block. This is done to minimise the size of the coinbase transaction to minimise latency, maximise mining hardware compatibility, and to make sure miners don't receive many small payouts which would lead to much larger fees when spending their reward.
Micropayments - payments below the dust threshold at block solve time will add to the user's herp for the next block. Once a miner's reward on successive blocks is greater than the dust threshold they will join other users with interleaved payouts.
Blocks are always as full as network congestion demands - ckpool never mines empty or light blocks and yet is still extremely fast at getting new work out to miners on block changes to minimise wasted work and decrease orphan risk.
Rapid propagation of blocks thanks to high speed low latency connections across a network of bitcoin nodes to further decrease orphan risk.
Shares all transaction fees with miners - transaction fees account for a significant portion of mining reward now and as ckpool.org always mines blocks full of transactions the extra rewards can be substantial.
Massively scalable - ckpool can handle extremely large amounts of miners without detriment to performance.

FAQ

Q: Should I use different usernames for each of my miners?
A: You are much better off consolidating all your workers to use the same username and different workernames. The reason is each different user will get a separate reward transaction at block find and each transaction will attract its own fee to spend at a later date, so you'll end up spending less fees if you just use the one username. Additionally if you have multiple small miners (eg. USB sticks), you may never get over the dust threshold if each miners to a separate address.

Q: What is the dust threshold?
A: 5460 satoshi or 0.0000546 BTC. Once enough herp has been amassed to create this much derp, miners will enter the payout queue.

Q: Are there any restrictions on hardware?
A: Only ASIC miners are allowed. Only mining hardware/software that is faulty or malicious and cannot mine high diff shares or has some/all blocks withheld that you are conscious of is not allowed - using such hardware will lead to substantially decreased rewards.

Once the pool is stable and has established a satisfactory hashrate I will be making all the code of this pool available publicly.

Support and live discussion on IRC: irc.freenode.net #ckpool

Pool code and pool operated and created by Con Kolivas, creator of cgminer and ckpool.

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_solo_miner

Activity: 728

-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 09:26:27 AM

Grin Thank you con,

placed all my "minions" on the Pool.

let's solve the first block and proof everything is working as expected.

edit:typo

http://ckpool.org "THE Pool" from the creator of CGMiner & CKPool / Payout System:SPLNS / ZERO FEE!
------------------------------------------- join now -----------------------------------------------
http://solo.ckpool.org for Solominers with the best block notify system
ComputerGenie

Activity: 378

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:53:32 AM

Seems interesting enough....

If you have to ask why, you wouldn`t understand my answer.
nuanicaj

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:42:04 PM

I moved to new site:) 

http://ckpool.org

Public BETA now open. Note the pool is in a testing stage so there is currently no guarantees about the quality of service or reliability at this stage. Conditions and terms of the pool may be subject to change.

No frills, no fuss 0.5% fee anonymous SPLNS bitcoin mining for everyone

No registration required, coinbase generation, no pool op wallets

Configuration:

Just point your miner to one of:
Code:
pool.ckpool.org:3333
pool.ckpool.org:443
Set your username to your btcaddress with any or even no worker extension, and any password.
eg:
Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ.0 -p x
If you enter an invalid address you will be rejected

SPLNS

SPLNS stands for Score Per Last N Shares. Score refers to the fact that share value is weighted by the difficulty of the share found.
Last N Shares refers to the fact that the score is a rolling score based on N shares where N means 5 x the current difficulty.
The rolling average is weighted according to when the shares were found - the more recent shares are the more they are worth.

Features of SPLNS:

Hop proof - the system cannot be gamed to earn more by hopping on and off during lucky blocks.
Short "ramp up time" compared to PPLNS - rewards more rapidly rise to stable levels when you first start hashing.
Long "ramp down time" - you are still entitled to rewards for a very long period which is pool hashrate dependant rather than time dependent so you don't quickly "fall off" and earn nothing when you stop mining. Additionally this helps minimise variance for intermittent miners.
Lucky rewards - since shares are weighted by the difficulty of the share found, if you are a small miner that has a handful of lucky high diff shares, you can earn significantly more, capped at current network difficulty.
Block finder rewards - as per lucky rewards, a large share weight is attached to block finds (but is applied to the next block reward since user rewards are included in the existing unsolved block reward.) The sooner the next block is found, the higher the block finder reward is.
Malicious & faulty miner disincentives - since shares are rewarded according to the difficulty of the share found, malicious miners that withhold block solves, or faulty hardware that doesn't produce high diff shares will have substantially less reward than on any other pay scheme or pool.

SPLNS calculation is done on the fly and updated every minute based as a product of HERP DERP.
Herp stands for Hash Extracted Rate Product - where each share is worth sqrt(MIN(share diff, network_diff) / work_diff) * work_diff / 2
Derp stands for Difficulty Extrapolated Reward Payment - where the reward equals the user's herp divided by the pool's herp.
The pool's Herp is simply added until it reaches 5 * network difficulty. After that it is biased every minute by scaling existing herp down to add the latest minute's herp and all users' herp is adjusted by the same scale the pool's was.

Additional and/or unique ckpool.org features:

Accurate statistics by the minute - while the statistics displayed at ckpool.org are rudimentary, they are updated by the minute and include accurate estimates of hash rate, herp and derp - which translates into an accurate estimate of payout should a block be solved.
Luck estimates - as the difficulty of each share is calculated into the user's herp, it is compared to an equivalent 'last N share' calculation to determine the miner's overall luck. This is done on a per worker and per user basis and displayed in the stats.The larger the miner and the longer they mine, the closer to 1 their luck will be while small miners may have much more variation.
Coinbase generation - Block solve reward is distributed directly from the block to each user, meaning each user gets a 'mined' transaction directly into their wallet as soon as the block is solved so there is no wait to get paid and no pool wallet storing user's rewards. Rewards will be considered 'immature' by bitcoin rules so will be unspendable until 100 network confirmations have passed.
Micropayments - payments below the dust threshold at block solve time will add to the user's herp for the next block. Dust will get paid out if it's more than 10000 satoshi on the next block. However if herp fades to below the dust limit it will not be paid out. All ASIC miners of any size are welcome to mine here. GPU, CPU and botnet miners are not allowed.
Blocks are always as full as network congestion demands - ckpool never mines empty or light blocks and yet is still extremely fast at getting new work out to miners on block changes to minimise wasted work and decrease orphan risk.
Rapid propagation of blocks thanks to high speed low latency connections across a network of bitcoin nodes to further decrease orphan risk.
Massively scalable - ckpool can handle extremely large amounts of miners without detriment to performance.

Once the pool is stable and has established a satisfactory hashrate I will be making all the code of this pool available publicly.

Support and live discussion on IRC: irc.freenode.net #ckpool

Pool code and pool operated and created by Con Kolivas, creator of cgminer and ckpool.

piratek

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 01:10:09 PM

I want to see what happens when the pool hits a block!!
Sierra8561

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 01:35:47 PM

I'm excited to give this a try. Will you pool signal Segwit? BU? or what?
Thanks
Landy1264

Activity: 87

https://freebitco.in/?r=6065990

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 01:37:24 PM

I'm excited to give this a try. Will you pool signal Segwit? BU? or what?
Thanks

Topic: [BETA] ckpool.org 0.5% fee SPLNS segwit mining pool  (Read 156 times)

Support sidehacks new home-miner project!
Donate to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Go mine @ ckpool.org ZERO FEE Pooled mining ! ...and build up your HERP to get the DERP!
Sierra8561

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 01:49:09 PM

How I missed that I'll never know.
citronick

Activity: 714

summer*juvia

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:02:50 PM

Putting in one test S9 to work here - looking forward to see the first block.

Btw, any restrictions on S9 v1 to mine here ?

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:27:31 PM

...Btw, any restrictions on S9 v1 to mine here ?
While there is some weight to the "v1 bad luck" claim, one must realize that it would take months of v1s pulling 200+% on "that" pool in order to reach 100% on that pool (due to deficits from rigs that both left that pool and rigs that switched to v2 on that pool); so, in reality, there's no reason for any pool to "ban" v1s. It's hard for rigs that don't exist to raise past stats from when they did exist.  Undecided

piratek

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:53:22 PM

How do we see total hashrate on the pool?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:57:06 PM

How do we see total hashrate on the pool?
Roll Eyes Um, click on the 1st blue link you see on the page... It translates to http://ckpool.org/pool/ .....

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
citronick

Activity: 714

summer*juvia

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:54:33 PM

While there is some weight to the "v1 bad luck" claim, one must realize that it would take months of v1s pulling 200+% on "that" pool in order to reach 100% on that pool (due to deficits from rigs that both left that pool and rigs that switched to v2 on that pool); so, in reality, there's no reason for any pool to "ban" v1s. It's hard for rigs that don't exist to raise past stats from when they did exist.  Undecided

.... I take that as no restrictions... at the end of day... a hash is a hash

ck?

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:15:44 PM

While there is some weight to the "v1 bad luck" claim, one must realize that it would take months of v1s pulling 200+% on "that" pool in order to reach 100% on that pool (due to deficits from rigs that both left that pool and rigs that switched to v2 on that pool); so, in reality, there's no reason for any pool to "ban" v1s. It's hard for rigs that don't exist to raise past stats from when they did exist.  Undecided
ck?
Well, I pointed my gimpy R4 batch-6 (only 1 board working) at the pool last night and it's running just fine there at the same speed KanoPool reports which is 4.8THs. Considering chips & firmware are pert-near identical, s9's should be fine. He's certainly made no comment as to what can and cannot be ran, if anything, the idea is for the pool to accept all miners no matter how fast or slow, big or little.

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
m1n3m1n3m1n3

Activity: 389

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:02:02 PM

Would there be any advantage if you have multiple workers to have each one on it's own BTC address?  or would it all work out to be the same payout.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ `·.,¸¸,' ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ',¸¸,.·´ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:10:50 PM

Would there be any advantage if you have multiple workers to have each one on it's own BTC address?  or would it all work out to be the same payout.
If you ever want the coins to go to the same addy (i.e., cold storage, exchange, etc), then you'd want to use just 1 because multiples would cost you more fees to consolidate. Aside from that, it's all the same.

m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:11:54 PM

If you ever want the coins to go to the same addy (i.e., cold storage, exchange, etc), then you'd want to use just 1 because multiples would cost you more fees to consolidate. Aside from that, it's all the same.

Thanks Smiley

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
o_solo_miner

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:26:22 PM

ck?

If I read it correct:

so if your Miner is odd, you get payed less.

http://ckpool.org "THE Pool" from the creator of CGMiner & CKPool / Payout System:SPLNS / ZERO FEE!
------------------------------------------- join now -----------------------------------------------
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:59:37 PM

Are the stats setup for the Beta pool yet? I moved my miners over but they are not showing up in the stats using solo.ckpool.org or pool.ckpool.org

piratek

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:01:21 PM

Are the stats setup for the Beta pool yet? I moved my miners over but they are not showing up in the stats using solo.ckpool.org or pool.ckpool.org

Just http://ckpool.org/workers/YOUR ADDRESS
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:03:47 PM

Just http://ckpool.org/workers/YOUR ADDRESS

Thanks, got it! and the pool hashrate here http://ckpool.org/pool/

m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 09:34:05 PM

We need more HERP to get some DERP  Cool

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 10:39:29 PM

Putting in one test S9 to work here - looking forward to see the first block.

Btw, any restrictions on S9 v1 to mine here ?

No restrictions. As the front page says; all ASICs are welcome. If your stats are showing your luck converging to 1, I wouldn't worry, but I haven't had mathematical proof that the luck estimate is spot on yet.

No, there's a disadvantage. I highly recommend multiple workers use different worker names but the same username. The reason is each payout will end up being a transaction in its own right, and spending rewards will end up requiring more transaction fees. Additionally if you have multiple small miners (eg. usb stick), you may never get over the dust threshold if you split them up. I should add this to the faq... but there haven't been hardly any questions yet so there aren't any frequently asked questions  Wink

Added the first FAQs to the top post in anticipation of them being frequently asked.

-ck
ask4dan

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:11:16 PM

Added the first FAQs to the top post in anticipation of them being frequently asked.

First time i've seen this...

[2017-04-19 19:01:51] Accepted 099a6d7d Diff 6.82K/4000 AMU 0 pool 1
[2017-04-19 19:01:55] Rejected 01799c3a Diff 174/76 AMU 0 pool 1 (Above target)

What does (Above target) indicate?
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 11:13:59 PM

First time i've seen this...

[2017-04-19 19:01:51] Accepted 099a6d7d Diff 6.82K/4000 AMU 0 pool 1
[2017-04-19 19:01:55] Rejected 01799c3a Diff 174/76 AMU 0 pool 1 (Above target)

What does (Above target) indicate?
Just means your miner has switched to a new diff too early on the instructions from the pool. In 30 seconds it would go away.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:58:21 PM

Added 80+TH for a few hours to test out my older version of ckproxy.

m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:10:51 AM

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to throwing some rental hash at the pool along with my hardware miners, assuming I don't have incredible luck and find a block?

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:52:51 AM

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to throwing some rental hash at the pool along with my hardware miners, assuming I don't have incredible luck and find a block?
Rentals are a disadvantage in most cases (due to cost vs return), even more so in a pool this small.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 01:00:28 AM

No more disadvantage than rentals have overall. Their cost is always more than their expected return. However given the pool is still very small, if it's lucky then you could be lucky and earn a much better return.

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 01:52:08 AM

Just an update about what's planned and happening with this pool.

I'm expecting a reasonably large hasher to come online within a month or so; the presence of such an interested party contributed significantly to me being interested in starting this pool in the first place.

The stats as they are currently displayed are awkward, I acknowledge, and some of the values displayed are unnecessarily showing lots of significant digits. This will be trimmed in the future to make it easier to read.

The pool LNS and HERP values will eventually converge once the pool reaches 5xN; the only time they will change after that is temporarily after a diff change until they converge again.

The current displayed "diff" with the pool is off by a factor of 10. It shows 0.15% diff when in fact it's 1.5% diff. This will be rectified on a future restart.

User stats show only the overall user statistics at the moment. The solo pool also shows per-worker stats on the same page which would allow a full summary of all user and worker stats in one convenient place, if somewhat crowded. I plan to port that change from solo to this pool.

I am toying with the idea of a most rudimentary GUI summary of the user stats in the near future just to make life easier for miners. I don't know what form this will take but an outsider has offered to help.

Further nodes: At this stage it would be hard to justify setting up an EU based node to mine to with the pool and it would be a less satisfactory mode of communication since the coinbase would need to be shared to another pool meaning delays there anyway. This means there would not be much advantage to miners local to that area since there would be the delays of communicating with the main pool anyway. At most I could provide a DE passthrough which would slightly decrease latency for miners who have a very slow communication with the main pool but overall it may not actually be a real world advantage counting the latency between the node and the main pool so I'm against it for now. Passthrough nodes tend not to have perfect 24/7 connectivity in the real world either which is why solo has them as two virtually separate pools that simply collate their statistics - that cannot be done with this pool.

Because of coinbase generation of payouts, there are potential issues with the coinbase getting very large if the number of users on this pool ends up growing dramatically. This could start slowing down communication to miners and worse, make the pool incompatible with some mining hardware that has limits on coinbase size. If we reach this size, I will rework the payout mechanism to limit the number of users paid with each block found and interleave users' payouts between blocks found. This would mean miners would not necessarily get a payout with every block found (but they'd be rewarded the same overall), but this change would only come about if the pool ends up getting large enough and blocks would be coming more frequently by then. The smallest miners would be the ones whose payouts would end up getting interleaved as this would then give them a better reward/transaction fee ratio. If it gets to this, the pending payouts would become part of the user statistics.

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 04:04:43 AM

I will be restarting the pool shortly to deuglify the user logs somewhat and add all worker stats to each user's logs as per the solo pool.
Restarts complete. All looking okay for now.

This change should make it unnecessary to have the per worker stats pages any more so I will be removing them on the next update.

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:23:31 PM

I will be restarting the pool shortly to deuglify the user logs somewhat and add all worker stats to each user's logs as per the solo pool.

This change should make it unnecessary to have the per worker stats pages any more so I will be removing them on the next update.

Not sure if this was part of the this update but looks good, much easier to read. thanks

{
 "hashrate1m": "T",
 "hashrate5m": "T",
 "hashrate1hr": "T",
 "hashrate1d": "T",
 "hashrate7d": "",
 "lastshare": 1,
 "workers": 1,
 "shares": 1,
 "bestshare": 11,
 "lns": 1,
 "luck": 1,
 "herp": 1,
 "derp": 14.5,  ( I wish Smiley
 "worker": [
  {

piratek

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:34:50 PM

Not sure if this was part of the this update but looks good, much easier to read. thanks

{
 "hashrate1m": "T",
 "hashrate5m": "T",
 "hashrate1hr": "T",
 "hashrate1d": "T",
 "hashrate7d": "",
 "lastshare": 1,
 "shares": 1,
 "bestshare": 11,
 "lns": 1,
 "luck": 1,
 "herp": 1,
 "derp": 14.5,  ( I wish Smiley
  {

How come I have no DERP??

"hashrate1m": "34.2T",
 "hashrate5m": "35.8T",
 "hashrate1hr": "37.3T",
 "hashrate1d": "39.9T",
 "hashrate7d": "18.1T",
 "lastshare": 1492803208,
 "shares": 3275849805,
 "bestshare": 4087264624.971183,
 "lns": 3275849805.1,
 "luck": 1.0,
 "herp": 3286045206.756059
ask4dan

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:28:05 PM

How come I have no DERP??

Me neither - that's OK. With my measly little ASIC generating...

"hashrate1m": "17.3G",
 "hashrate5m": "16.1G",
 "hashrate1hr": "16.5G",
 "hashrate1d": "14.1G",
 "hashrate7d": "3.97G",
 "lastshare": 1492805664,
 "shares": 645345,
 "bestshare": 838263.0,
 "lns": 645345.1,
 "luck": 1.04,
 "herp": 668007.6800807626

I'm just lookin' to collect me up some dust - when one of those PentaHash contributors, hits a block for the pool!

Thank you, -ck; for all your work. This pool's fun & informative.
piratek

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:35:54 PM

But I had 150T running for a while.  I miss my DERP!!  Sad
Landy1264

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:42:40 PM

But I had 150T running for a while.  I miss my DERP!!  Sad

Put your adress after this -> http://ckpool.org/users/

DERP only by user not by worker!

Go mine @ ckpool.org ZERO FEE Pooled mining ! ...and build up your HERP to get the DERP!
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1834

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:08:22 PM

http://ckpool.org/users/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

{
 "hashrate1m": "61.8T",
 "hashrate5m": "57.8T",
 "hashrate1hr": "47.6T",
 "hashrate1d": "5.67T",
 "hashrate7d": "2.26T",
 "lastshare": 1492808725,
 "shares": 429389621,
 "bestshare": 340,875,420.0220159,
 "lns": 429389621.1,
 "luck": 1.03,
 "herp": 443064194.229417,
 "derp": 0.33836364,
  {
   "hashrate1m": "61.8T",
   "hashrate5m": "57.8T",
   "hashrate1hr": "47.6T",
   "hashrate1d": "5.67T",
   "hashrate7d": "2.26T",
   "lastshare": 1492808725,
   "shares": 429389621,
   "bestshare": 340875420.0220159,
   "lns": 429389621.1,
   "luck": 1.03,
   "herp": 443064194.229417,
   "workername": "1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.1"
  }
 ]
}

so  

what is derp?
what is herp?

I have 429,389,621  shares/

Where do I find  the grand total of the pools shares?

http://ckpool.org/pool/pool.status

{"runtime": 61503, "lastupdate": 1492808908, "Users": 22, "Workers": 58, "Idle": 9, "Disconnected": 3}
{"hashrate1m": "315T", "hashrate5m": "323T", "hashrate15m": "322T", "hashrate1hr": "315T", "hashrate6hr": "285T", "hashrate1d": "265T", "hashrate7d": "103T"}
{"SPS1m": 12.1, "SPS5m": 12.2, "SPS15m": 12.2, "SPS1h": 12.1}
{"diff": 3.4, "accepted": 18156822714, "rejected": 46384868, "lns": 18156822717.3, "herp": 18140917911.71134, "reward": 14.01909947}

18,156,822,714   is this all the pools shares?

429,389,621/18,156,822,714 = 0.02365  / 14.0 = .3311  which is close to my derp number

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
ask4dan

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:13:56 PM

From post #1...

"SPLNS calculation is done on the fly and updated every minute based as a product of HERP DERP.
Derp stands for Difficulty Extrapolated Reward Payment - where the reward equals the user's herp divided by the pool's herp.
The pool's Herp is simply added until it reaches 5 * network difficulty. After that it is biased every minute by scaling existing herp down to add the latest minute's herp and all users' herp is adjusted by the same scale the pool's was."

P.s. Landy1264 - thank you. Like I said informative little pool here.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:16:05 PM

From post #1...

"SPLNS calculation is done on the fly and updated every minute based as a product of HERP DERP.
The pool's Herp is simply added until it reaches 5 * network difficulty. After that it is biased every minute by scaling existing herp down to add the latest minute's herp and all users' herp is adjusted by the same scale the pool's was."

okay  so derp = my money due

and
my herp/ pool herp = derp

so I am renting right now   so my derp should rise  and my derp went from .33 to .35

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 09:16:59 PM

From post #1...

okay  so derp = my money due

and

so I am renting right now   so my derp should rise
Yes that's correct so I should explicitly say: DERP is your expected reward if a block is found now.

-ck
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:18:16 PM

From post #1...

okay  so derp = my money due

and

so I am renting right now   so my derp should rise
Yes that's correct so I should explicitly say: DERP is your expected reward if a block is found now.

cool I am going to increase rental  I want my derp to go up

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 09:21:43 PM

Excellent, thanks and good luck.

Remember to the other miners, on the very first block of the pool, it is effectively like a proportional pool so you can "hop" on and game it to get more reward if it's a lucky block than you otherwise could get on an established running pool.

-ck
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:25:54 PM

Excellent, thanks and good luck.

Remember to the other miners, on the very first block of the pool, it is effectively like a proportional pool so you can "hop" on and game it to get more reward if it's a lucky block than you otherwise could get on an established running pool.

yeah I started this rental and was at derp of .33  I moved it to .37

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 09:51:37 PM

yeah I started this rental and was at derp of .33  I moved it to .37
Nice. You've pushed this pool past 1PH for the first time since its inception. Since this pool monitors and reports worker luck, if you monitor the luck of rental miners over enough shares you can get an idea of it there's something wrong with your rental - but if they're *just* withholding blocks, it won't show up unless you mine trillions of shares. Since this is a new calculation, I don't have a good guide for how long is "enough" yet but so far I'm seeing virtually all the workers on the pool currently converging towards 1.0 which to be honest is reassuring. However note that I haven't had a bitcoin-related mathematician like organofcorti or meni rosenfeld confirm the validity of my calculations though.

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:10:22 PM

yeah I started this rental and was at derp of .33  I moved it to .37
Nice. You've pushed this pool past 1PH for the first time since its inception. Since this pool monitors and reports worker luck, if you monitor the luck of rental miners over enough shares you can get an idea of it there's something wrong with your rental - but if they're *just* withholding blocks, it won't show up unless you mine trillions of shares. Since this is a new calculation, I don't have a good guide for how long is "enough" yet but so far I'm seeing virtually all the workers on the pool currently converging towards 1.0 which to be honest is reassuring. However note that I haven't had a bitcoin-related mathematician like organofcorti or meni rosenfeld confirm the validity of my calculations though.

I added a 500TH rental for a few hours, it would be awesome if one of us has super luck and hits a block Smiley

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:44:20 PM

Would be nice  to hit it early.  I will run my 800th  for abut 40 more minutes.

{
 "hashrate1m": "792T",
 "hashrate5m": "884T",
 "hashrate1hr": "574T",
 "hashrate1d": "43.7T",
 "hashrate7d": "7.83T",
 "lastshare": 1492814068,
 "workers": 2,
 "shares": 1219654360,
 "bestshare": 348980386.0,
 "lns": 1219654360.1,
 "herp": 1214800863.253699,
"derp": 0.85360232,   >>>>>>>>>>  this was .33 so I moved it .5 btc so far
  {
   "hashrate1m": "792T",
   "hashrate5m": "884T",
   "hashrate1hr": "574T",
   "hashrate1d": "43.7T",
   "hashrate7d": "7.83T",
   "lastshare": 1492814068,
   "shares": 1219654360,
   "bestshare": 348980386.0,
   "lns": 1219654360.1,
   "herp": 1214800863.253699,
  }
 ]
}

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 10:47:53 PM

Yep this is precisely what I mean and demonstrates what would happen on every block on the "proportional" payout mechanism and why no pool should be using it today. The only reason it's prop at the moment is because the N is building up. But there is no other fair way to build up this N which is also a nice way to build up the pool's hashrate to start out. Of course none of this is a guarantee of a windfall unless the 1st block is lucky, which I really hope it is Smiley Getting a pool started from scratch and attracting hashrate is incredibly difficult these days.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:49:23 PM

My 5TH is at 0.37911017 because I got in early.  Tongue

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:04:26 PM

Yep this is precisely what I mean and demonstrates what would happen on every block on the "proportional" payout mechanism and why no pool should be using it today. The only reason it's prop at the moment is because the N is building up. But there is no other fair way to build up this N which is also a nice way to build up the pool's hashrate to start out. Of course none of this is a guarantee of a windfall unless the 1st block is lucky, which I really hope it is Smiley Getting a pool started from scratch and attracting hashrate is incredibly difficult these days.

it can be good on the second block also even the third.

5 n is now 5 x  520,808,749,422 = 2,604,043,747,110

So until  the pool has done  that many shares    a big jump  in hash like an 800 th size  will move you upwards faster then the coin you spend on the rental. (WITH IN REASON)

IF you pay a 10% premium to rent right now  it is not a fuck over.

I estimate  blocks are 13.75 - .5% = 13.68125   which is  9.45%  so  if you can rent at  .5200 on nice hash  to do this  you are close to even.

the lowest rental on nicehash at the moment is .5178  so  you could be  a bit ahead on the odds if you rent low.

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:07:26 PM

{
 "hashrate1m": "971T",
 "hashrate5m": "902T",
 "hashrate1hr": "702T",
 "hashrate1d": "61.8T",
 "hashrate7d": "10.5T",
 "lastshare": 1492815928,
 "workers": 2,
 "shares": 1605912933,
 "bestshare": 1985338139.0,
 "lns": 1605912933.1,
 "luck": 1.01,
 "herp": 1621362475.181367,
"derp": 1.13177218,
  {
   "hashrate1m": "971T",
   "hashrate5m": "902T",
   "hashrate1hr": "702T",
   "hashrate1d": "61.8T",
   "hashrate7d": "10.5T",
   "lastshare": 1492815928,
   "shares": 1605912933,
   "bestshare": 1985338139.0,
   "lns": 1605912933.1,
   "luck": 1.01,
   "herp": 1621362475.181367,
  }
 ]
}

derp is at 1.13 coins  i have 10 minutes to go.  it will then drop  since I won't be mining for a few days.

I spent .04 btc to jump up  about .8 btc  this will decline once I stop mining.

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Ibiza baby!

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:48:58 AM

{
 "hashrate1m": "61.7T",
 "hashrate5m": "31.5T",
 "hashrate1hr": "3.54T",
 "hashrate1d": "152G",
 "hashrate7d": "21.7G",
 "lastshare": 1492850789,
 "workers": 5,
 "shares": 3061205,
 "bestshare": 3139421.0,
 "lns": 3061205.1,
 "luck": 1.06,
 "herp": 3232367.161432016,
 "derp": 0.00198541,
  {
   "hashrate1m": "61.7T",
   "hashrate5m": "31.5T",
   "hashrate1hr": "3.54T",
   "hashrate1d": "152G",
   "hashrate7d": "21.7G",
   "lastshare": 1492850789,
   "shares": 3061205,
   "bestshare": 3139421.0,
   "lns": 3061205.1,
   "luck": 1.06,
   "herp": 3232367.161432016,
   "workername": "1EjTdmm8768CPvt8kXQRrZoby2ivXjyPpb"
  }
 ]
}

my derp is 0.001 but i just started on the pool Smiley

with a little luck we will get a block or maybe two`

eddiephx

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:58:25 AM

Hello, New miner here running S9 I just pointed my miner at this new mining pool you guys are talking about in this thread? How do payouts work? How can I monitor my stats? Is there a main site to register at?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:22:55 AM

Hello, New miner here running S9 I just pointed my miner at this new mining pool you guys are talking about in this thread? How do payouts work? How can I monitor my stats? Is there a main site to register at?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1876330.msg18650392#msg18650392

eddiephx

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:38:51 AM

Well I in the pool. So "derp" is my payout? Paid when the next block is found? How often is that? Are my number looking okay?

"hashrate1m": "12.3T",
 "hashrate5m": "11T",
 "hashrate1hr": "10.3T",
 "hashrate1d": "920G",
 "hashrate7d": "136G",
 "lastshare": 1492932993,
 "shares": 19244792,
 "bestshare": 15574988.0,
 "lns": 19244792.1,
 "luck": 0.95,
 "herp": 18260717.48742153,
 "derp": 0.00639655,
  {
   "hashrate1m": "12.3T",
   "hashrate5m": "11T",
   "hashrate1hr": "10.3T",
   "hashrate1d": "920G",
   "hashrate7d": "136G",
   "lastshare": 1492932993,
   "shares": 19244792,
   "bestshare": 15574988.0,
   "lns": 19244792.1,
   "luck": 0.95,
   "herp": 18260717.48742153,
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:03:26 AM

Well I in the pool. So "derp" is my payout? Paid when the next block is found? How often is that?...

Derp stands for Difficulty Extrapolated Reward Payment - where the reward equals the user's herp divided by the pool's herp i.e. it is the expected reward should a block be found now.

frodocooper

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:10:05 AM

Well I in the pool. So "derp" is my payout? Paid when the next block is found? How often is that?...

Also, some web wallets (especially exchange wallets) and some lightweight wallets do not play nice with coinbase generations. Best to use a full node's wallet when mining on pools using coinbase generations of mining rewards.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:26:30 AM

Also, some web wallets (especially exchange wallets) and some lightweight wallets do not play nice with coinbase generations. Best to use a full node's wallet when mining on pools using coinbase generations of mining rewards.
As far as web wallets go, always remember ....
https://youtu.be/F12lpqnug-0

eddiephx

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:59:16 PM

Mine is a coinbase wallet will that work okay? I put my wallet address as my worker correct?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 03:09:27 PM

Mine is a coinbase wallet will that work okay? I put my wallet address as my worker correct?
Yes, it will work, as far as the pool is concerned (my personal animus towards online wallets is a separate issue).
Yes just set your "worker" as like:
Code:
1GeniexG7MnLr9WH48jG1cPLqgGbqUsaFM.WorkerName
but with your addy.
Or, if you only have one miner, then just set your "worker" as like:
Code:
1GeniexG7MnLr9WH48jG1cPLqgGbqUsaFM
but with your addy.

eddiephx

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 03:32:06 PM

Great thanks bro. I set my address as worker like 1LcDSrR8RxRPdaRp32PgBtojREAhJ.1 hope that works okay. I seem to be connected to the pool. How long do you imagine until a block is usually solved? Do you think this mining pool will be more profitable then antpool? Also, if I left the pool now will I still get my "derp" or do I lose it if I leave the pool before the block is solved?
serje
Legendary

Ibiza baby!

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 03:47:34 PM

Great thanks bro. I set my address as worker like 1LcDSrR8RxRPdaRp32PgBtojREAhJ.1 hope that works okay. I seem to be connected to the pool. How long do you imagine until a block is usually solved? Do you think this mining pool will be more profitable then antpool? Also, if I left the pool now will I still get my "derp" or do I lose it if I leave the pool before the block is solved?

If we find the block right after you leave you will still get your but if we find the block tomorrow your derp will decrease and you will get a smaller reward, also if it takes us much more your derp will probably be around 0.

Right in this moment(or maybe just a few hours after you left) you should be payed by antpool for the blocks they find!

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 03:56:16 PM

Yes, that will work as long as you set your real addy (what you posted isn't a valid addy).
The pool is currently back down to 300TH, but at 600TH the average block time should ~43-44 days.
I think any pool that pays out fees to the miners is more profitable than Antpool (I've heard rumors that they are finally paying some fees on some things, but I haven't bothered with them since the halving so I don't know what their actual pay rates are anymore).
As I quoted before, the derp is based on if a block were found right now; if you leave, then others will continue to submit shares, new arrivals will submit shares, and your older shares will be less valuable (because they become a more diluted and smaller percentage of the overall) and your derp will diminish.

eddiephx

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:11:47 PM

What bitcoin wallet do you recommend? I'm not gonna lie i'm new to the game i'm sure that is obvious by now. Coinbase did piss me off and held my BTC hostage because of a transaction error on their part and I do not feel that safe on coinbase after that. Do you think I was lucky in stumbling onto this thread with this new ck mining pool? I just got my antminer s9 hooked up and would love to bring in some profit to make my self feel better about my new endeavor. Thanks.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:28:29 PM

What bitcoin wallet do you recommend? I'm not gonna lie i'm new to the game i'm sure that is obvious by now. Coinbase did piss me off and held my BTC hostage because of a transaction error on their part and I do not feel that safe on coinbase after that. Do you think I was lucky in stumbling onto this thread with this new ck mining pool? I just got my antminer s9 hooked up and would love to bring in some profit to make my self feel better about my new endeavor. Thanks.
While I have philosophical issues with doing so (it's a long list of centralization vs decentralization issues that I will not go into in this thread), I use the Bitcoin Core wallet. Your experience with Coinbase is exactly why I hate most online wallets (the structure goes against the core principles of Bitcoin).

As far as luck, only time will tell. It could be that we hit a block early and you get a comparative "windfall" for getting in early; on the other hand, we could hit a run of bad luck and only end up with 100% of expected. I'm hoping for the former (not only will it be a bigger payout for us early folks, it will likely attract others after the 1st block or 2 rolls in), but prepared for the latter.

eddiephx

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:29:20 PM

Okay so my worker is set to 1LcDSrR8RxRPdaRp32PgBPKfRQtojREAhJ.1, I hope the ".1" is okay. Will my derp ever decrease as long as I stay in the pool? At this rate it is looking pretty good for only being in the pool 10 hours. So if the pool gains significantly more hashrate the block will be solved sooner and payout? That would be cool. Here's my latest stats okay or no?

"hashrate1m": "14T",
 "hashrate5m": "12.7T",
 "hashrate1hr": "12.8T",
 "hashrate1d": "4.61T",
 "hashrate7d": "790G",
 "lastshare": 1492964850,
 "shares": 114810224,
 "bestshare": 52519689.0,
 "lns": 114810224.1,
 "luck": 0.99,
 "herp": 113419760.3348182,
 "derp": 0.03483049,
  {
   "hashrate1m": "14T",
   "hashrate5m": "12.7T",
   "hashrate1hr": "12.8T",
   "hashrate1d": "4.61T",
   "hashrate7d": "790G",
   "lastshare": 1492964850,
   "shares": 114810224,
   "bestshare": 52519689.0,
   "lns": 114810224.1,
   "luck": 0.99,
   "herp": 113419760.3348182,
   "workername": "1LcDSrR8RxRPdaRp32PgBPKfRQtojREAhJ.1"
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:50:30 PM

Okay so my worker is set to 1LcDSrR8RxRPdaRp32PgBPKfRQtojREAhJ.1, I hope the ".1" is okay....
Perfect.
...Will my derp ever decrease as long as I stay in the pool?...
Derp will constantly change (up or down) depending on the size of the pool and the transactions in the block we're currently working on. If the fees are lower for the current block than the last time you looked, then the derp will be lower (because the total payout is lower). Derp can also go significantly lower if the pool grows significantly before a block is found (as before, your shares become less of the whole).

... So if the pool gains significantly more hashrate the block will be solved sooner and payout?...
Statistically, yes; however, since luck is involved, possibly not. Welcome to Bitcoin.  Tongue
...Here's my latest stats okay or no? ...
Looks good so far.

eddiephx

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:03:29 PM

Also, what happens if I lose internet connection briefly or power down my miner for a few minutes to move it(and make some cooling adjustments, I'm in AZ) will I lose my derp or have my derp diminish? When I re-power my miner does my derp start all over again?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:10:06 PM

Also, what happens if I lose internet connection briefly or power down my miner for a few minutes to move it(and make some cooling adjustments, I'm in AZ) will I lose my derp or have my derp diminish? When I re-power my miner does my derp start all over again?
For your hashrate, minor down-times will not have a large impact or diminish derp in any way meaningful. The only way to lose derp completely is if you have 0 shares left to be paid out.

eddiephx

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:15:18 PM

I think I'll keep my miner pointed at this pool and see what happens. Thanks for all your help buddy  Grin
eddiephx

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:47:08 PM

We will solve a block early I feel the force is with my miner
eddiephx

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:07:17 PM

{"runtime": 223270, "lastupdate": 1492970676, "Users": 25, "Workers": 59, "Idle": 5, "Disconnected": 8}
{"hashrate1m": "815T", "hashrate5m": "759T", "hashrate15m": "609T", "hashrate1hr": "430T", "hashrate6hr": "625T", "hashrate1d": "649T", "hashrate7d": "241T"}
{"SPS1m": 12.9, "SPS5m": 15.0, "SPS15m": 14.7, "SPS1h": 13.5}
{"diff": 8.4, "accepted": 44001184488, "rejected": 146772228, "lns": 44001184491.3, "herp": 43973175326.11509, "reward": 13.42965278}
gt_addict

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:07:07 PM

Can we change the diff of the hash submitted with the "--suggest-diff" at the end of our password?

Also my "derp" is 6.08e-6, will that show a complete proper number once I reach the dust threshold?

I have only just put my triplets (3x gekko compacs) over to the pool by the way so not expecting to reach a payout of any significant value  Cheesy

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 09:16:29 PM

Can we change the diff of the hash submitted with the "--suggest-diff" at the end of our password?

Also my "derp" is 6.08e-6, will that show a complete proper number once I reach the dust threshold?

I have only just put my triplets (3x gekko compacs) over to the pool by the way so not expecting to reach a payout of any significant value  Cheesy
Yes

It should hopefully.

Welcome and good luck. If our first block is very lucky then you will reach a payout this block.

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 09:20:30 PM

Will my derp ever decrease as long as I stay in the pool? At this rate it is looking pretty good for only being in the pool 10 hours.
The pool is still building up stats because this is the very first stats and hashrate. Your derp will never again be as good as it currently is, but if our first block is lucky you really will get that sized payout. Once we have reached 100% diff you will get a more realistic estimate of what your derp will stabilise to for long term mining.  We are currently less than 10% network diff so it has a long way to go.

When will we find a block? No one knows, on average we'll find a block once every 100% diff, but it could be 0.1% or it could be 1000%.

-ck
gt_addict

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:21:41 PM

Yes

It should hopefully.

Welcome and good luck. If our first block is very lucky then you will reach a payout this block.

Nice one thanks CK  Grin

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

eddiephx

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:53:35 AM

;DReally want to see this block get solved today Wink. Prolly gotta jump back to a daily payout pool soon here to cover some of my power costs. I'll stick with it until morning just hate to lose that sweet derp  BTC
VRobb

Activity: 602

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Pool's currently at 12.5% diff on this first block so there's still plenty of time to capitalise on a potentially lucky block.
Well hell, I can't resist a bargain and I love cool acronyms like derp so I'm in! Got a Droid I move here and there, so now it's here.
Mine on.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck
In Hotels, I prefer the 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), & S9-13.5
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 06:07:42 AM

Pool restart is planned shortly with further upgrades and improvements. Just need to mine some testnet blocks on the new code first.
Restarts complete. Sorry about the inconvenience. You can now monitor the pool's current work in the pool page by clicking on the pool.work link. Separate worker stats have been deprecated and the links will no longer work. Userstats now show workers with their workername first. Workers with zero derp or hashrate will no longer show up - once the pool has been running long enough, idle workers will eventually disappear from stats when they have no herp.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:30:33 AM

...You can now monitor the pool's current work in the pool page by clicking on the pool.work link. ...
The epitome of transparency; I like it!  Grin

m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 12:22:36 PM

...You can now monitor the pool's current work in the pool page by clicking on the pool.work link. ...
The epitome of transparency; I like it!  Grin

I second that! looks good

piratek

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:56:37 PM

Someone find a block!!  My DERP is fading away!!!
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 11:20:40 PM

my derp dropped from 1.12  to .27

I did about  .07 in rentals

serje
Legendary

Ibiza baby!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:09:22 AM

my derp dropped from 1.12  to .27

I did about  .07 in rentals

I did almost like you but without the 0 :p

Rent some more as it is profitable!

Join ck in his room and he will tel you more!

P.S. CK my laptop started to make a strange noise so I had to shut it down and will try to clean it tomorrow!

Cya around mate!

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:32:55 AM

Still chugging along....
Code:
Pool 5 min: 505T
My 5 min: 5.91T
Block Diff: 17.5
Current Block Reward: 14.47377076
My Share: 0.63833757

eddiephx

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:39:30 AM

I'm jumping back into the pool I wanna be a part of this first block solve  Wink
eddiephx

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:58:07 AM

"hashrate1m": "17.3T",
 "hashrate5m": "13.8T",
 "hashrate1hr": "2.77T",
 "hashrate1d": "3.06T",
 "hashrate7d": "2.14T",
 "lastshare": 1493168188,
 "shares": 401404820,
 "bestshare": 747571687.0,
 "lns": 401404820.1,
 "herp": 399827818.8451366,
 "derp": 0.06121962,
   "workername": "1LcDSrR8RxRPdaRp32PgBPKfRQtojREAhJ.1",
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:08:06 PM

"hashrate1m": "7.77P" WooHoo! Good luck!

[EDIT] Annnnnd it gone Sad lol

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:53:33 PM

"hashrate1m": "7.77P" WooHoo! Good luck!

[EDIT] Annnnnd it gone Sad lol
Someone hoping to get lucky with a spare change funded rental, no doubt.  Tongue
I've added my altcoin rigs for a couple/few hours (whilst I update the fw on a few of them)....

serje
Legendary

Ibiza baby!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:38:06 PM

Who got that 2PH and how much time?

m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:15:36 PM

Looks like some rentals are jumping on/off the pool. I'm going to throw some rental hash on the pool as soon as my deposit confirms. Likely going to take a few hours since there are 42K+ transactions queued up.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:25:09 PM

...I'm going to throw some rental hash on the pool as soon as my deposit confirms. Likely going to take a few hours since there are 42K+ transactions queued up.
I'm in the same boat, since sever thunderstorms have hit here and I had to shut down my alt rigs (but I did manage to get them updated 1st Cheesy ), I'm going to add a ~12hr 500TH rental as soon as my alt sales all transfer.

m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:33:19 PM

...I'm going to throw some rental hash on the pool as soon as my deposit confirms. Likely going to take a few hours since there are 42K+ transactions queued up.
I'm in the same boat, since sever thunderstorms have hit here and I had to shut down my alt rigs (but I did manage to get them updated 1st Cheesy ), I'm going to add a ~12hr 500TH rental as soon as my alt sales all transfer.
I'll most likely do the same. We need to show our bitcoin support by finding a block and help reduce some of those unconfirmed transactions. Oh yeah, and getting some BTC would be nice also Smiley

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:48:15 PM

...We need to show our bitcoin support by finding a block and help reduce some of those unconfirmed transactions. Oh yeah, and getting some BTC would be nice also Smiley
For me, it's about helping test the new pool code.  Tongue And the "bonus" BTC doesn't hurt a bit.  Grin

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 11:54:32 PM

I know the person responsible and they're trying to get their DERP up as quickly as possible on this first block with as much rental as they can reasonably grab from nicehash without pumping up the rental prices. Hopefully this culminates in us finding a block (or more!)

-ck
serje
Legendary

Ibiza baby!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:07:37 AM

I know the person responsible and they're trying to get their DERP up as quickly as possible on this first block with as much rental as they can reasonably grab from nicehash without pumping up the rental prices. Hopefully this culminates in us finding a block (or more!)

Is he on IRC?

Tell him to message me there please Smiley

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:21:02 AM

Is he on IRC?

Tell him to message me there please Smiley
I read that and mentally see some old white guy talking about using the "interweb thing" to access "The Facebook and The Twitter".  Undecided
IRC is a big world with lots of non-connected servers; I could be on IRC, give you my nick, and it would take you at least 6 months to find me.   Tongue

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 07:16:24 AM

A number of short restarts coming up shortly for some updates.
All the restarts are complete. There are now a number of changes to both appearance and behaviour.

The pool work now shows which users have their reward postponed and how much herp they've accumulated. This means it lists the users who will not receive a payout in the next block solved, but shows how much herp will be accumulated to contribute to one where they meet the threshold requirement to receive a payout. This also means that miners below the dust threshold will eventually get a payout once their cumulative rewards make them meet the dust threshold over enough block solves.

Additionally as large coinbase transactions contribute negatively to miners latency, are incompatible with AVA2->7 devices, and contribute to many small miner rewards that end up costing a lot in fees to redeem, I have placed a limit on the number of transactions that will ever be included of 150. The top 100 miners will always receive a coinbase generation transaction with every block solved. The other 50 payouts will be interleaved amongst those who have reached payment threshold and are ordered by who has waited the longest for a payout. Miners will be able to monitor their accumulated herp if they've been postponed in the new user statistic "accumulated" and see how many times they've been postponed by the "postponed" variable.

Realistically these limits won't come into effect any time soon as there are currently only ~50 users that have reached payment threshold. Once we get above 150 active users it will start coming into effect - which would also correspond with a larger hashrate so more frequent blocks, however the dust threshold miners will already be counted towards future solves.

This concludes all my planned changes required to enable the pool to cope with as many miners of wildly varying sizes as could possibly be aimed at it, including what I think is a very fair offering for very small miners.

And now for some blocks...

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:13:30 PM

Hope we find a block soon even if it's not me. I'm on my 3rd rental plus my little R1s and S7LN. Best share so far "bestshare": 83106794251.0,

I have about .5 btc into rentals, if I get that back it will still be worth it IMO. Nice to have the chance of getting more with a lucky block find while still having the potential to get some BTC back.

BannedDK

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:08:54 PM

Would 3 antminer S3 and 1 antminer S5 do me any good here? Or would it be waste of time? They just collect dust in a box
notabeliever

Activity: 620

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 05:11:50 PM

@ BannedDK .they will still sell on ebay while btc is up

Pool url: pool.burstcoin.de:8080           
Reward Assignment address: BURST-GHTV-7ZP3-DY4B-FPBFA
gt_addict

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:13:26 PM

Just an enquiry but has any else noticed more rejected shares compared to other pools. Im not complaining as its all still working fine. Just noticing a higher reject rate is all.

BannedDK

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:20:57 PM

@notabeliever i would rather use them here if they would give some return Then to sell them
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:28:50 PM

Just an enquiry but has any else noticed more rejected shares compared to other pools. Im not complaining as its all still working fine. Just noticing a higher reject rate is all.
Admittedly, I have a "non-standard" setup and not much base for comparison, but....
The last 500TH rental I ran was for 14 hours and 45 minutes. During that time there were 3 pool restarts and my reject rate was 0.14%, which seems pretty good to me.

eddiephx

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:47:35 PM

What do you guys think? Let's solve this block today!  Wink
gt_addict

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:28:19 PM

Admittedly, I have a "non-standard" setup and not much base for comparison, but....
The last 500TH rental I ran was for 14 hours and 45 minutes. During that time there were 3 pool restarts and my reject rate was 0.14%, which seems pretty good to me.

Its not a massive percentage just more than i used to get before switching. But if there are a few restarts then that would explain it.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:40:57 PM

Its not a massive percentage just more than i used to get before switching. But if there are a few restarts then that would explain it.

All the restarts are complete. There are now a number of changes to both appearance and behaviour...

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:01:05 PM

@ck
This is slightly off topic, but I figured here was as good of a place as any...

I use CKProxy for all of my alt stuff, so I'm using it for here too (because it's good and I'm lazy). If/when my rigs find a block, does the console for CKProxy show like
Code:
[date time] Possible block solve diff 1234567890 !
[date time] BLOCK ACCEPTED!
when connecting to a BTC pool or just
Code:
like I normally see?
In other words, does CKProxy ever show accepted info or is it just that my alt pool software is as shitty as most alts are?
I've never used it and found a block in a real pool.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 09:15:36 PM

Would 3 antminer S3 and 1 antminer S5 do me any good here? Or would it be waste of time? They just collect dust in a box
If it's worth you running them (and that's a different question) then this pool is the one most likely to get them up to a payout because of the way it accumulates payments till they eventually get a reward. Currently since the pool is still small they would probably get a reward on the first block solved too. Make sure to use the ONE username for all of them, but feel free to use different workernames.

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 09:16:38 PM

@ck
This is slightly off topic, but I figured here was as good of a place as any...

I use CKProxy for all of my alt stuff, so I'm using it for here too (because it's good and I'm lazy). If/when my rigs find a block, does the console for CKProxy show like
Code:
[date time] BLOCK ACCEPTED!
when connecting to a BTC pool or just
Code:
like I normally see?
In other words, does CKProxy ever show accepted info or is it just that my alt pool software is as shitty as most alts are?
I've never used it and found a block in a real pool.

Ckproxy can't submit the block locally without the transaction information required to submit the block and stratum does not give that information so you will not see block accepted at any time from a normal ckproxy unless you're mining blocks without any transactions.

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 09:20:30 PM

All the restarts are complete. There are now a number of changes to both appearance and behaviour...
Indeed there were 4 restarts in total for progressive updates. That would lead to far more rejects than usual so I wouldn't judge based on that. No restarts are now planned in the near future.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:35:39 PM

Ckproxy can't submit the block locally without the transaction information required to submit the block and stratum does not give that information so you will not see block accepted at any time from a normal ckproxy unless you're mining blocks without any transactions.
Thanks. I've always been too lazy to dig through the code to see one way or the other.

BannedDK

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:28:32 AM

If it's worth you running them (and that's a different question) then this pool is the one most likely to get them up to a payout because of the way it accumulates payments till they eventually get a reward. Currently since the pool is still small they would probably get a reward on the first block solved too. Make sure to use the ONE username for all of them, but feel free to use different workernames.

Thanks CK, ill hook them up this weekend
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 09:41:24 AM

Just a heads up about the coinbase decode feature I added to cgminer in git which I developed with this and the solo pools in mind. Here's an example of it running showing each user's potential payout:

Code:
./cgminer -o http://localhost:8332 -u user -p pass -o pool.ckpool.org:3333 -u 15qSxP1SQcUX3o4nhkfdbgyoWEFMomJ4rZ --decode
 [2017-04-28 19:38:19.863] Started cgminer 4.10.0                    
 [2017-04-28 19:38:22.188] Probing for an alive pool                    
 [2017-04-28 19:38:23.030] Pool 1 difficulty changed to 4000                    
Pool stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333:
{
    "result": {
        "txid": "b907e1ffe69e2202a039686e478a0ff24f8a372e26a48165b5673842a3aaf6db",
        "hash": "b907e1ffe69e2202a039686e478a0ff24f8a372e26a48165b5673842a3aaf6db",
        "size": 1978,
        "vsize": 1978,
        "version": 1,
        "locktime": 0,
        "vin": [
            {
                "coinbase": "03f913070004720d0359043b41fa210c259c015900000000000000000a636b706f6f6c0c2f636b706f6f6c2e6f72672f",
                "sequence": 4294967295
            }
        ],
        "vout": [
            {
                "value": 5.3370291999999999,
                "n": 0,
                "scriptPubKey": {
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 a066586d75b1ea987cbd5f249ad3215e50370bb4 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914a066586d75b1ea987cbd5f249ad3215e50370bb488ac",
                    "reqSigs": 1,
                    "type": "pubkeyhash",
                    "addresses": [
                        "1Fd7in5wQ5QUmbAc6zFMAcfS7M2yR6d1SA"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 1.5767709999999999,
                "n": 1,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 9eec747904a5f71b434f31f3cd217a373daf7d54 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9149eec747904a5f71b434f31f3cd217a373daf7d5488ac",
                        "1FVK2VLqWUpFSqptLmg5DZM9NcKWDA6QQF"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 1.28747375,
                "n": 2,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 6e989e0acf48bc4cf25c4c0144832bb7a461065c OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9146e989e0acf48bc4cf25c4c0144832bb7a461065c88ac",
                        "1B5nA9AyLxtRmA16S4YCXR5D1r9Z9j1wBg"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 1.2719806199999999,
                "n": 3,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 abaf70e2858987a60a27009ec69692f6c71b7e1e OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914abaf70e2858987a60a27009ec69692f6c71b7e1e88ac",
                        "1GeniexG7MnLr9WH48jG1cPLqgGbqUsaFM"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 1.2405830900000001,
                "n": 4,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 91302c2089548d67a17f32e8d3e3380b2ec3109b OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a91491302c2089548d67a17f32e8d3e3380b2ec3109b88ac",
                        "1EEggteW9M1nUtbXnv9Am9RjSnEXNVPXfF"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 1.0387588400000001,
                "n": 5,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 96a156a982b78b70777df9802ce0908a45e634d5 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a91496a156a982b78b70777df9802ce0908a45e634d588ac",
                        "1EjTdmm8768CPvt8kXQRrZoby2ivXjyPpb"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.49273568000000001,
                "n": 6,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 49109fe0e2010c4abd399fc6143e8b67890747d2 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a91449109fe0e2010c4abd399fc6143e8b67890747d288ac",
                        "17fLF6ZYXFDqpistGUyLnKuPcGhrQ7Xuqm"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.46730892000000002,
                "n": 7,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 97289ab7b7b232a3afd3f3824d06c3e62cd0c34c OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a91497289ab7b7b232a3afd3f3824d06c3e62cd0c34c88ac",
                        "1EnFgD1z8Qhz5jLT2Dsqbf1w2pGkt5XZmD"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.26030453999999997,
                "n": 8,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 589f57d920cad2470d573036efafc7726bd37217 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914589f57d920cad2470d573036efafc7726bd3721788ac",
                        "195bMEnezoPAjxYGr4cMQqsQmeghD8XvFJ"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.14432987999999999,
                "n": 9,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 5773c033fd5ccd09af52198b14d7ea09210f97d9 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9145773c033fd5ccd09af52198b14d7ea09210f97d988ac",
                        "18yQTCLBzwmDCnNBCcvw2fRkRRvTGp81xK"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.11402074,
                "n": 10,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 c1525ff6ca960773a033a330b4674c6e91dff8f5 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914c1525ff6ca960773a033a330b4674c6e91dff8f588ac",
                        "1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0945608,
                "n": 11,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 acd56cf45a7fa8f12c4db6d756f8ecf587f23d5e OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914acd56cf45a7fa8f12c4db6d756f8ecf587f23d5e88ac",
                        "1Gkru4p96rxyTZRxDefHYpGQHeUDaXwc89"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.063596239999999998,
                "n": 12,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 5933efb70638ec0c339f29e812ad24aa67948ac1 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9145933efb70638ec0c339f29e812ad24aa67948ac188ac",
                        "198fMgE5q92r3HUWCrWiobBWQAq9d8FHAx"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.041949149999999998,
                "n": 13,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 a688c0a86632259e934cc6bd2640a0ff1e6a4634 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914a688c0a86632259e934cc6bd2640a0ff1e6a463488ac",
                        "1GBYzaad1m6UJs2UDrzRQAc456GR8NSxWL"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.037123759999999999,
                "n": 14,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 899a9336547e9cf120acdf4a245decbef2ee2a6b OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914899a9336547e9cf120acdf4a245decbef2ee2a6b88ac",
                        "1DYakLv6yJ7PLZSzBPMM5HatdDL1JE6H6s"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.035031130000000001,
                "n": 15,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 1fb70ec0e51f8cd01233c454a6393056b551f255 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9141fb70ec0e51f8cd01233c454a6393056b551f25588ac",
                        "13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.02921342,
                "n": 16,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 2cb784fe80bd2b18424d360317ab632e3d028cc3 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9142cb784fe80bd2b18424d360317ab632e3d028cc388ac",
                        "155Sabmob5AAptQQjhzc9pwtwbqnCSrHeU"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.027283290000000002,
                "n": 17,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 d7135674ee29eb21984559910b10252918a019b9 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914d7135674ee29eb21984559910b10252918a019b988ac",
                        "1LcDSrR8RxRPdaRp32PgBPKfRQtojREAhJ"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0185881,
                "n": 18,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 218e504d682e438cfe48982ee3c2eba32cab11c0 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914218e504d682e438cfe48982ee3c2eba32cab11c088ac",
                        "144RnTangRbu89UdfEMimNXzZkJ2JoDCYA"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.01337584,
                "n": 19,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 a1295cca102bb7460140f679278df68ba4c8c964 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914a1295cca102bb7460140f679278df68ba4c8c96488ac",
                        "1Fh9LoKkt5Ch3ydS3Cywjuy5GyKkNSUxE9"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.013150729999999999,
                "n": 20,
                    "asm": "OP_HASH160 5636cea1f065ac6114d7f7d45f76e8d55bf12e05 OP_EQUAL",
                    "hex": "a9145636cea1f065ac6114d7f7d45f76e8d55bf12e0587",
                    "type": "scripthash",
                        "39Ysh7HwnNrPavYDDA91a8aE4ZE1EdCnKf"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.013083859999999999,
                "n": 21,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 6b853d79c4a975cd07b51a6ab3c07f6540133c95 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9146b853d79c4a975cd07b51a6ab3c07f6540133c9588ac",
                        "1AoWvDMdq4wcndNufsvaMAMFMXZKb4XcFL"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.01195125,
                "n": 22,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 21a81df1f4789173aaf5c65b084cf46b275a3cd4 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a91421a81df1f4789173aaf5c65b084cf46b275a3cd488ac",
                        "144xhJYYvPsW8a31ZJ244YjBEEJc3h2dsk"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0058442299999999997,
                "n": 23,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 c7a91bdfeea3b90280b936452f0e6a524e6d90c7 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914c7a91bdfeea3b90280b936452f0e6a524e6d90c788ac",
                        "1KCi44okJT9ShujTWbX9PsfX5v1MzTJ32W"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0055175099999999998,
                "n": 24,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 9ba6ef9498f115dd30042f0fec39065163e6d412 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9149ba6ef9498f115dd30042f0fec39065163e6d41288ac",
                        "1FC1ieAHaox4LYvKdqj27hBL6jr34Tq7yu"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0049957400000000002,
                "n": 25,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 b93ff0be65b333bf9bea2b4652aa9e9bff3ae189 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914b93ff0be65b333bf9bea2b4652aa9e9bff3ae18988ac",
                        "1HtWc9ThdHUcYoSPA9i2Zb3SpENp8stwh6"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0049914199999999999,
                "n": 26,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 2f5c9973541f535eb569093774f57602200b23dc OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9142f5c9973541f535eb569093774f57602200b23dc88ac",
                        "15KRgwJYUkh4ndLzxyhyE5AUEcW8pfvXv6"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0036217100000000002,
                "n": 27,
                    "asm": "OP_HASH160 ea698a9b383c48f2598f3bc6877136cd927a34ed OP_EQUAL",
                    "hex": "a914ea698a9b383c48f2598f3bc6877136cd927a34ed87",
                    "type": "scripthash",
                        "3P4UUaYs5q7HLLRJYmMUQCKGHxPNNDVbye"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0032050799999999999,
                "n": 28,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 9eaa253faa38bfeb69fc964af5e2bcd5e70ed552 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9149eaa253faa38bfeb69fc964af5e2bcd5e70ed55288ac",
                        "1FTwbE7DagdmaCbuCFW3yb9FHZsUgdRoSa"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0031126000000000001,
                "n": 29,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 5cb2c7a3902175f498b040519abbb086eb50e595 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9145cb2c7a3902175f498b040519abbb086eb50e59588ac",
                        "19T9LVPQN6PQVH4JHJZKJ111XH16TJ5KBQ"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00280386,
                "n": 30,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 655fcdb52731536876414742208a36a386e167df OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914655fcdb52731536876414742208a36a386e167df88ac",
                        "1AF21vUHskcR9fjt59qdhy8nDLCc9ioiN5"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00237134,
                "n": 31,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 603721bef1b34a764b678427471084ca6a583707 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914603721bef1b34a764b678427471084ca6a58370788ac",
                        "19mjv3RLXcEYQvQUXgtDaNnP6gNJDmqnaB"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00160692,
                "n": 32,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 a289282f7780a8cc2e36a853405bf0fe7d8d9d18 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914a289282f7780a8cc2e36a853405bf0fe7d8d9d1888ac",
                        "1FpQmunpCi7hKDTeqQvLbCUiCXNk2cz9zH"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00152571,
                "n": 33,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 943376b029535eab854ed46d22bebf85a095eb3a OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914943376b029535eab854ed46d22bebf85a095eb3a88ac",
                        "1EWcf9V7tMuJsM24DiaqE2Xw67zoDe5nze"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0013684400000000001,
                "n": 34,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 007f88e60ce3739835019d2f799f40968f750286 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914007f88e60ce3739835019d2f799f40968f75028688ac",
                        "113dnGgwWsxyiv4R2jo3UNJeyZsxpYRCKx"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0012706499999999999,
                "n": 35,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 38ceb6a0d0a03b1b35120ace23a0747e24ae6cc1 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a91438ceb6a0d0a03b1b35120ace23a0747e24ae6cc188ac",
                        "16BNUSZcVw3Au57M4gFaYhvUZRU1x27FgK"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0012018199999999999,
                "n": 36,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 7426a4392f7788751da5bca55868d40eaea13b79 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9147426a4392f7788751da5bca55868d40eaea13b7988ac",
                        "1Bb9g7RE18npZhWQu6ayodBrJF7qy6iVny"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00068659999999999999,
                "n": 37,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 69206f6cf723299c014466b80b192eeae12cf963 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a91469206f6cf723299c014466b80b192eeae12cf96388ac",
                        "1AaronS66CfUEJdyaRSGKqpaSCS5DxFaB1"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00052842999999999998,
                "n": 38,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 0b3b823a0e4293520c24078b97b08ad7732d08d5 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9140b3b823a0e4293520c24078b97b08ad7732d08d588ac",
                        "122Pir8FdtwDd8RopKMGvGDMFxUrky88z7"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00038518,
                "n": 39,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 cf2c7c954b06854143eb4fa642c6ec9c9a532490 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914cf2c7c954b06854143eb4fa642c6ec9c9a53249088ac",
                        "1KtSAhMTrkD5chmxWp8wWwuEJsAssQXZgK"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00030833,
                "n": 40,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 7426a4338bab6f83e9a8f999fe977d84cf5267f4 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9147426a4338bab6f83e9a8f999fe977d84cf5267f488ac",
                        "1Bb9g757Mt5ipwtcqisqw17uNQiThSZrMj"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00028406999999999998,
                "n": 41,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 4acc7e4f29edf3f849a8e27bacb407d9c71ff2dd OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9144acc7e4f29edf3f849a8e27bacb407d9c71ff2dd88ac",
                        "17pVyeSzVdx5uyiF8Do9nF7jKcs7445GAY"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00027390999999999998,
                "n": 42,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 6c1f676c5a27f451b38972ea72657ac2fbfbadbd OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9146c1f676c5a27f451b38972ea72657ac2fbfbadbd88ac",
                        "1ArhbhvpiMJxehzJLJnfD3mh7bQoMKkrap"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00021226,
                "n": 43,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 671bc032fcc0a50279e72cabecad6cc307b6401f OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914671bc032fcc0a50279e72cabecad6cc307b6401f88ac",
                        "1AQBqv9k3syygjLXPtGgf5gDDUmWaxc25H"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00019309000000000001,
                "n": 44,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 ad1faecf9264e85ed48615cd5a476519a13afd2d OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a914ad1faecf9264e85ed48615cd5a476519a13afd2d88ac",
                        "1GnPrYuDpZZLgcCQJctNN5G9at2tA91LKX"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00017270999999999999,
                "n": 45,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 4fdaad56a9a8ef8e7e25fcd214ce77e833c0234c OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9144fdaad56a9a8ef8e7e25fcd214ce77e833c0234c88ac",
                        "18HEM7A2KU2G58PdadAzAMNcDxug9AX97t"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.00013814,
                "n": 46,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 4fdaaece3d7683c69b614c1dbcccd5341296d0fe OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a9144fdaaece3d7683c69b614c1dbcccd5341296d0fe88ac",
                        "18HEMWFXM9UGPVZHUMdBPD3CMFWYn2NPRX"
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "value": 0.0001371,
                "n": 47,
                    "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 51360eba40ec68eeb605aefe9eaf3a405c01aece OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                    "hex": "76a91451360eba40ec68eeb605aefe9eaf3a405c01aece88ac",
                        "18QQVXEXEQSLWXDLFMNGGQCQPRAWM3VKLE"
                    ]
                }
            },
Had to cut this short because it was bigger than the forum would allow a post to be.

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:23:49 PM

Happy Friday! Good Luck!  Cheesy

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:43:56 PM

Happy Friday! Good Luck!  Cheesy
I thought "maybe" during that block that took an hour. We were at like 3.8BTC in fees Cry

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 10:46:51 PM

Pool's up to 50% diff this block. Hang in there and let's crack this thing to consider the pool stable instead of beta and move onto the next stage.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:41:41 AM

Pool's up to 50% diff this block. Hang in there and let's crack this thing to consider the pool stable instead of beta and move onto the next stage.
need more folks to come back, it's rough on my little hobby miners making up almost 1/3 of the hashrate.  Cry

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 12:49:48 AM

need more folks to come back, it's rough on my little hobby miners making up almost 1/3 of the hashrate.  Cry
It's not a matter of "come back" since they never were here in the first place. The higher hashrate was nothing but early rentals from a very small number of people. If anything, the number of users on here is more than ever. Establishing a new pool from scratch and getting enough hashrate in this day and age is freaking hard, especially since most mining operations have fixed pools they mine at (mostly the Chinese consortium) leaving hardly any to select a pool the old fashioned way themselves.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 01:10:07 AM

Perhaps I wasn't looking at the right times, but this is the 1st day (in the last 10 or so) that I've seen it at under 330TH. I guess I didn't think that the 500-700TH that I seemed to see it "resting" at was that much rentals.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 01:31:39 AM

Perhaps I wasn't looking at the right times, but this is the 1st day (in the last 10 or so) that I've seen it at under 330TH. I guess I didn't think that the 500-700TH that I seemed to see it "resting" at was that much rentals.
There's ~200TH from one user that comes and goes according to rentals etc. of his equipment which will not always be there which you're probably counting.

I had counted on a larger miner who had said he would bring about 2PH when this pool was in the planning stages by the end of this month and was one of the reasons I was more interested in starting the pool up. However that appears to have fallen through since he's gone silent (which doesn't surprise me; most promises I've seen like this don't last Sad ) so we have to get the hashrate up the slow and steady way.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 02:45:01 AM

Ugh, bad thunderstorms, have to shut em down Cry.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 03:43:50 AM

No problem. Never fear, your shares and HERP will be here for when you get back.

-ck
HagssFIN

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:01:20 PM

As you are a SegWit hater, how come are you mining in this pool?

Electrician. Home miner. Block #402790 at Kano.is & #391994 at solo.ckpool.org. Gear: 1x Hotminer X5 3.3Th/s,
3x Antminer R4 8.7Th/s, 1x Antminer S9 14Th/s, 1x Antminer S9 13Th/s. Altcoin mining gear: 4x Baikal Mini Miner 150Mh/s
(Review/Guide) Hotmine X5 upgrade kit for Antminer S1/S3/S5
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:37:05 PM

As you are a SegWit hater, how come are you mining in this pool?
As someone getting 2:1 value on rentals plus per share, how could I not be in it? Shocked

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 10:24:40 PM

The pool has now registered over 150 unique users, 131 of which have contributed hashes. Hopefully people are only using the one username as I've recommended which would imply quite a few people have tried mining here.  Only a much smaller proportion have been mining consistently and continue to mine now and obviously we need more hashrate more than we need more users but it's reassuring to see more people trying it out. Let's bring down that first block so I can stop labelling the pool beta and that will hopefully bring more miners too.

-ck
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 926

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:59:01 AM

I set this pool as a failover, so when I restarted the miners it probably became one of the unique users not contributing hash...as of yet. OH and yeah one user name.1,.2,.3
Landy1264

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:54:34 AM

depool is shown DEAD for me. Ping works by 56 ms. Anybody else with this?

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 11:56:18 AM

I took it down along with the post because I didn't think anyone was using it, but I can easily bring it back up. Your ping time has to be dramatically better to de to warrant using it.

-ck
Landy1264

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:58:36 AM

I took it down along with the post because I didn't think anyone was using it, but I can easily bring it back up. Your ping time has to be dramatically better to de to warrant using it.

ping to main pool is 170 ms.

EDIT: Back up! THX

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 12:25:02 PM

Restart all complete. Mine on and let's bust this one.

For those curious about the mention of a DE server, it is not a full server, only a passthrough so unless your ping time is at least 70ms less than the main pool I do not recommend using it. I'm still trying to gauge whether it's worth keeping or not.

Use one of:
depool.ckpool.org:3333
depool.ckpool.org:433

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Restart all complete. Mine on and let's bust this one.

For those curious about the mention of a DE server, it is not a full server, only a passthrough so unless your ping time is at least 70ms less than the main pool I do not recommend using it. I'm still trying to gauge whether it's worth keeping or not.

Use one of:
depool.ckpool.org:3333
depool.ckpool.org:433

I have some rental hash on the pool for the new 8 hours or so, there are some hash hogs on NH so I'm only doing 250TH. Better than nothing Smiley

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 02:15:20 PM

I have some rental hash on the pool for the new 8 hours or so, there are some hash hogs on NH so I'm only doing 250TH. Better than nothing Smiley
Every bit of HERP makes us more likely to DERP.  Smiley

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:20:43 PM

Big block "reward": 16.84972767" and growing... Shocked

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:34:32 PM

Big block "reward": 16.84972767" and growing... Shocked
About 6 full blocks worth of unconfirmed tx in the mempool.  Lips sealed

m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:38:10 PM

icey
Legendary

Activity: 1400

May the coin be with you..

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 07:04:13 PM

some time around now would be a nice time to hit this! look at those fees  Shocked
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:08:53 PM

some time around now would be a nice time to hit this! look at those fees  Shocked

Yeah, wow. Good thing I don't need to send BTC anyplace right now.

Unconfirmed Txs  137,503
Size 111,703,831 - 111.70 MB

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 07:13:14 PM

She can take plenty more Cap'n...

some time around now would be a nice time to hit this! look at those fees  Shocked

Yeah, wow. Good thing I don't need to send BTC anyplace right now.

Unconfirmed Txs  137,503
Size 111,703,831 - 111.70 MB

Yeah well I'd love to do my part by solving some blocks and mining some transactions for the short term and helping activate segwit for a longer term solution...

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:21:58 PM

Yeah well I'd love to do my part by solving some blocks and mining some transactions for the short term and helping activate segwit for a longer term solution...
Not a fan of the latter, but I'm all for the former.  Grin

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Well the pool has had quite a few users come and try it out but it sure is hard to get sustained hashrate up when starting out  Undecided

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:28:20 AM

Perhaps we need to rent a billboard.  Tongue

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:39:43 PM

Perhaps we need to rent a billboard.  Tongue
Well, someone's renting something and it appears to be hashrate now that we're at 1PH. Hopefully it will stay up there and attract some actual long term miners.

-ck
sixis

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:02:45 PM

just deleted my account on slush   Cool
here i am ckpool  Smiley Smiley Smiley
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 09:04:21 PM

just deleted my account on slush   Cool
here i am ckpool  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Excellent, welcome Smiley But be patient while our hashrate is still low.

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:20:37 PM

ckpool.org "diff": 69.0 but the solo pool is catching up solo.ckpool.org "diff": 65.4"

It would be nice to see this pool maintain a hash rate over 1PH like the solo pool. Even 1PH isn't much anymore compared to the growing diff and network hash rate. Seems like we would need more like 30PH+ to find a block every day or 2

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:37:46 PM

...It would be nice to see this pool maintain a hash rate over 1PH like the solo pool. ...
While I can say that I love the payout concept, I'm not sure that it will catch on before a few blocks are found. When you combine that with the psychology of 12.5 + fees for solo vs less for this pool, it's sadly going to be a bit before this pool has the continual wide interest that the solo pool does. Sad

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 09:19:10 PM

...It would be nice to see this pool maintain a hash rate over 1PH like the solo pool. ...
While I can say that I love the payout concept, I'm not sure that it will catch on before a few blocks are found. When you combine that with the psychology of 12.5 + fees for solo vs less for this pool, it's sadly going to be a bit before this pool has the continual wide interest that the solo pool does. Sad
No doubt it will take time to catch on. There's no reason to expect the same number of miners to suddenly jump on board as there are at solo. Look at solo; it has 300+ unique users that constantly mine on it. That's extraordinary given they're actually solo mining. Meanwhile although our hashrate here is relatively consistently 500TH+, the reality is there are only 30+ unique users constantly mining here so far. Rentals are making up a significant portion of the hashrate still but one has to be patient given the mining landscape at present. Other pools have had "recruitment drives" that have been successful but it is also still early days here and no doubt a lot of people will be put off by the lack of fancy shit interface at the pool end - though that's a significant part of the actual concept of this pool much like it is at solo. Additionally people show allegiance to pools and don't just stay there for financial or feature reasons. Also there is a psychology associated with the 'no guarantees' in the opening post and 'beta' status; but I want to be realistic with people about it though I've personally invested fairly heavily in it and am very confident of its abilities. Realistically, until we attract some "large miner(s)" we'll remain one of the small pools that has long waits between blocks, but remember that overall rewards should work out the same on average. I think I've created a pool that's perfect for all the small miners that would normally never get any payout but ironically that won't attract any big miners now will it?

I'm not much of a marketer since I prefer code and performance to speak louder than words and let people see for themselves. I think it's bad form running around waving your own flag.

Be patient, play the long game, but tell your friends Wink

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 05:31:43 AM

For those people wondering about why the diff% dropped a little on the pool, the current network difficulty rose. The stats always display the most up to date data.

Additionally if you're looking at the pool work and wondering why the postponed group isn't sorted by size, it was only ever sorted by how postponed the payouts are (and everyone's currently postponed the same amount.) Only the payouts are sorted by size, and only the top 100 payouts, although there are currently only 80 odd users that are entitled to a payout.

-ck
o_solo_miner

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:24:39 AM

Thank you con for that information, was wondering about it and get
this explain without asking.
 Wink

m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:42:57 PM

Thanks CK,

IMO the pool/stats are perfect, I'd rather it be kept simple. I don't have much hash on the pool now but I have put some rental hash on the pool when you first started it up. I moved my little miners back to your solo pool but I'm keeping my S7LN on here for the foreseeable future. I can't wait until we find that first block no matter who finds it! Smiley We need to take some of those blocks away from Antpool. Smiley

side note: My S7LN died today, the temp in my garage got up to 95 degrees and my miner didn't like that at all. I was lucky that I was able to bring it back to life after a few reboots and lowering the frequency to keep the temp a bit lower.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:13:28 PM

...side note: My S7LN died today, the temp in my garage got up to 95 degrees and my miner didn't like that at all. I was lucky that I was able to bring it back to life after a few reboots and lowering the frequency to keep the temp a bit lower.
If you bought 1 and still have the original PSU running, then you're doing better than us; we had around 1 PSU out of every 12 LNs survive past the 5 month mark.  Undecided

That being said, get more air moving in there; even at a low freq, hot air is not your friend.  Wink

m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:20:32 PM

...side note: My S7LN died today, the temp in my garage got up to 95 degrees and my miner didn't like that at all. I was lucky that I was able to bring it back to life after a few reboots and lowering the frequency to keep the temp a bit lower.
If you bought 1 and still have the original PSU running, then you're doing better than us; we had around 1 PSU out of every 12 LNs survive past the 5 month mark.  Undecided

That being said, get more air moving in there; even at a low freq, hot air is not your friend.  Wink

Combining my posts so I don't take over the pool topic.

update1: Funny you say that, it died again and turns out the fan on the power supply is bad. I thought it was the miner but it was actually the PSU fan. Trying to fix it now.

Update2: I replaced the fan but it still not right, I'd say the PSU is toast. guess I jinxed myself. lol  Sorry CK, the pool is minus my little 2.7TH miner.

Update3: I had an old 500w PSU that only has 2 6pin connections. I hooked it up to the S7LN and adjusted the frequency to ensure I didn't overload the PSU. I have it running around 500gh @ 168w now until I decide if it's worth it to buy another $100+ 1000w PSU. 500gh is better than nothing right? None of the miners out there are very attractive at the moment given the hardware cost/hash/current payout per TH. I like to keep all my miners total under 1000w since that is about $2.60 per day in electricity. Hopefully I can maintain my DERP enough to still get a good payout when we find a block. 

BannedDK

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:51:21 PM

added a S7 to support this. lets find a block!
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 12:00:37 PM

Pool's best share just moved up "bestshare":315560639383.0

Getting there, let's crack it soon.

-ck
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1400

May the coin be with you..

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 05:29:39 PM

nice to see the hash rate has picked up, lets crack this block peeps!
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 02:04:18 PM

nice to see the hash rate has picked up, lets crack this block peeps!
It's that one big rental again. Hope it pays off for all our sakes Smiley

Based on what I see when the obvious rentals disappear, I think we only have about 300TH of actual miners at this stage.
Did a brief restart for some minor fixes with virtually no downtime. Keep on mining!

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:18:05 PM

...I think we only have about 300TH of actual miners at this stage.
1/3 of that will be a cycle of 2 days on and 1 day off until we hit block 1.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 02:28:53 PM

...I think we only have about 300TH of actual miners at this stage.
1/3 of that will be a cycle of 2 days on and 1 day off until we hit block 1.
And I understand your caution but am still grateful for your hashes  Smiley

I'm sure all the miners will be happy on that first block (but not as much as me.) Hopefully that opens the floodgates for a lot more hashrate too.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:32:58 PM

And I understand your caution but am still grateful for your hashes  Smiley...
Not really caution as much as some prior commitments which must be met.  Sad

packetsmurf

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 06:05:43 PM

I joined last night, I've been mining now for 8 hours 20 minutes on ckpool.org @ 7.28 TH/s, i might be bringing some more workers online sometime today, i would like to maybe meet that 10 TH/s threshold.  Wink
Oh yeah newbie here to mining and the forum, this is my first post.  Grin

stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:33:31 PM

...Oh yeah newbie here to mining and the forum, this is my first post.  Grin
Welcome aboard. Smiley

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 10:17:25 PM

I joined last night, I've been mining now for 8 hours 20 minutes on ckpool.org @ 7.28 TH/s, i might be bringing some more workers online sometime today, i would like to maybe meet that 10 TH/s threshold.  Wink
You are most welcome here. Be aware that this pool is still very new and establishing its hashrate. As you only receive a payout for mining once the pool finds a block, it is entirely unpredictable how long this will be and vary wildly until there is a lot more hashrate on the pool. On the other hand, on average over a much longer period (months+) you can earn more here than at other pools with higher fees. The other advantages of mining here are outlined in the opening post.

-ck
o_solo_miner

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:35:12 AM

Grin Welcome to the forum and welcome to ckpool!

So may the luck be with you, you can be the first ever to solve a block on the new
Pool.

Grin

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 06:29:36 AM

I almost feel like restarting the pool just so I'd have something to say as an update but I feel obliged to post some words anyway. The pool's functioning fine as we slowly edge past 75% diff on this first block, and we now have had over 200 unique users sign up. A huge number of those are tiny miners and that's great because one of my aims was to provide a haven for the tiny miners to eventually get some kind of payout, but it's also not enough to find us blocks much faster. 94 users have already made it into the potential payouts for the first mined block. As the initial enthusiasm faded from the renters, the hashrate is settling at ~300Th rate which won't find us a block any time soon but slow growth is to be expected.  I wish I could magic the first block into existence but if I had such magic I'd have been using it for myself long ago. I'm sure (or at least hope) there are miners out there waiting for the first block to fall before joining with significantly more hashrate (and have the beta tag removed), but it's the old catch 22 - can't get miners until you have miners and you won't have miners till you get them.  The current best share for the pool is still sitting at 315G and I'm sure you all know network difficulty is 560G.

Anyway welcome to all the newcomers and thanks for joining us. Be patient and tell your friends Smiley

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:39:10 PM

As the initial enthusiasm faded from the renters, the hashrate is settling at ~300Th rate which won't find us a block any time soon but slow growth is to be expected.

I'm here to stay, I'd rent more but I'm out of BTC at the moment. Had to sell off my BTC to pay some bills. So just my little miners here for now, I'll add more if I can find a couple cheap power supplies.

BTW I added your pool to my sig, hope it helps!

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 09:49:16 PM

As the initial enthusiasm faded from the renters, the hashrate is settling at ~300Th rate which won't find us a block any time soon but slow growth is to be expected.

I'm here to stay, I'd rent more but I'm out of BTC at the moment. Had to sell off my BTC to pay some bills. So just my little miners here for now, I'll add more if I can find a couple cheap power supplies.

BTW I added your pool to my sig, hope it helps!

Thanks man, every little bit counts  Smiley

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:18:01 PM

Cry
Code:
[2017-05-15 17:14:54.553] Proxy 0:stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333 failed, attempting reconnect
[2017-05-15 17:14:57.166] Failed initial subscribe to pool.ckpool.org:3333 !

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 10:24:10 PM

Cry
Code:
[2017-05-15 17:14:54.553] Proxy 0:stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333 failed, attempting reconnect
[2017-05-15 17:14:57.166] Failed initial subscribe to pool.ckpool.org:3333 !
Was updating bitcoind which temporarily takes address validation offline. Unfortunately this took much longer than expected so many users were put on hold for a while. Sorry about the inconvenience.

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 07:42:41 PM

Now would be a good time to find a block, look at those fees!  Shocked

466,711   Bixin   998,070   16.79773795 BTC   
466,710   Bixin   998,089   16.65436166 BTC   
466,709   SlushPool   998,146   16.04295952 BTC   
466,708   F2Pool   999,870   16.16257838 BTC   

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:26:01 PM

Now would be a good time to find a block, look at those fees!  Shocked

466,711   Bixin   998,070   16.79773795 BTC   
466,710   Bixin   998,089   16.65436166 BTC   
466,709   SlushPool   998,146   16.04295952 BTC   
466,708   F2Pool   999,870   16.16257838 BTC   
For us:
Current Block Reward*: 17.05439732
 Grin
And doesn't it figure that someone is about to dump 250+ coins on the market, so I can't buy any rentals yet.  Cry

*Current block working on at time of post

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 11:45:10 PM

We've got a handful of new miners which is always good to see but only marginally more hashrate. Diff will be going up another 50G in just over 5 days so unless we find a block before then (which is unlikely at the current hashrate) then it will push our diff% down again. Hopefully we're lucky in that time and/or some bigger miners join to help us crack the block before then.

Otherwise, mine on and tell your friends Smiley

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 12:47:26 AM

Looks like the pool hashrate is dropping, likely due to the BTC price going up. I got my S7LN back up and running. I'm going to stick it out at least through the first block even if I have to find it with my 3TH alone! lol

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 12:55:20 AM

Looks like the pool hashrate is dropping, likely due to the BTC price going up...
I'm not sure how one relates to the other.  Huh

Edit: of note, we're ~12 hrs into my "off" day Wink

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 12:57:15 AM

Looks like the pool hashrate is dropping, likely due to the BTC price going up. I got my S7LN back up and running. I'm going to stick it out at least through the first block even if I have to find it with my 3TH alone! lol
I don' t think BTC value has anything to do with it. Not entirely sure what is driving the drop in hashrate but it looks like a combination of all rentals going completely offline and some people just losing patience/confidence/faith and thinking it's better to abandon than to stick it out, even though on average the final returns should be similar over a much longer period. I always knew getting hashrate to start off a new pool from scratch was going to be hard but the pool is staying regardless and those who stay on should be amply rewarded in time. Either that or perhaps there isn't a market for a low fee high performance no frills unique pool after all? I'd like to think that's wrong and that it all comes down to luck. If the pool had solved a block in absurdly lucky timeframe, people would have just jumped on board without thinking - even though past luck has zero effect on future luck. It's just getting over that initial activation energy that proves so hard and keeps everyone on large shit centralised pools.

Edit: of note, we're ~12 hrs into my "off" day Wink

I'm aware and still grateful for your hashes Smiley I have been watching. It's not for lack of number of users, we just don't have anyone bigger than you hashing.

EDIT: Whoops I forgot to mention one other similarly sized miner whose hashrate fluctuates wildly is currently offline too and that appears to be temporary.

-ck
m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:24:07 AM

I don' t think BTC value has anything to do with it. Not entirely sure what is driving the drop in hashrate but it looks like a combination of all rentals going completely offline and some people just losing patience/confidence/faith and thinking it's better to abandon than to stick it out, even though on average the final returns should be similar over a much longer period.

I'm not sure how one relates to the other.

My thought was that that some miners might not be patient enough to stick with a new pool and with the price going up they may be looking for a quicker payout... but really I have no idea. They could have dropped because the miners PSU died like mine did or perhaps they were hit by a tornado, volcano... who knows? lol  

I know it will take some time to attract more miners but your pool has the potential to be in the top 20. It has the performance, unique SPLNS payout and a skilled active admin to keep it going. I'd much rather point my miners to ckpool that make a pools like Antpool even bigger than they are now.  

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:20:40 PM

I feel like I'm solo mining in 2028  Cry

gt_addict

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:56:46 PM

Come on block. Lets crack the first one and get this show on the road!!

Ive only got a few Ghs (2x2pacs, 1x compac, 1x Black Arrow X1) but I'm feeling good today. Could just be the friday feeling but still would be a nice surprise when I get home from work.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:13:05 PM

... Could just be the friday feeling but still would be a nice surprise when I get home from work.
One of my VMs has a script that scrapes stats every 60 seconds and will play the "Hey! Listen!" from Zelda (at full volume) when Diff resets.  Grin Tongue

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 06:40:03 PM

I feel like I'm solo mining in 2028  Cry
Indeed it's been a dud couple of days for hashrate but looks a little better now.

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 02:58:58 AM

Ping.

Not much more I can do to raise hashrate further but say we're all still here mining away.

In obliquely related news it appears all the major pools have come to an agreement behind closed doors and will activate segwit. They'll be doing it on their own terms insisting on a 2MB hard fork a year later but at least it will clear the air for segwit and allow bitcoin to move on beyond this absurd stalemate.

-ck
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:16:22 AM

Ping.

Not much more I can do to raise hashrate further but say we're all still here mining away.

In obliquely related news it appears all the major pools have come to an agreement behind closed doors and will activate segwit. They'll be doing it on their own terms insisting on a 2MB hard fork a year later but at least it will clear the air for segwit and allow bitcoin to move on beyond this absurd stalemate.

this has been the greatest growth in marketcap ever.

and  all of the crypto coin world is thriving.

So I don't see the stalemate that you see.

But that is what starts fights between good people.

If segwit comes it will radically change the game.  Since I have a foot in the btc camp and the alt coin world I hope to survive the change.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 04:24:56 AM

and  all of the crypto coin world is thriving.

If segwit comes it will radically change the game.  Since I have a foot in the btc camp and the alt coin world I hope to survive the change.
I'm aware you're against segwit and basically feel exactly the opposite way you do about it but of course only time will tell. The stalemate I spoke of was the lack of ability of any change to be accepted. That would hurt bitcoin long term. The market capitalisation seems to be completely dissociated from what's been going on in the development space which is in itself reassuring because it means it's the economy itself that is driving value up. Nonetheless economy can go on driving the value fine, but engineering is still required to develop the network further - be that fatter, wider, more compressed, bigger, smaller, smarter, more anonymous, more features, smart contracts, whatever... The excitement regarding the huge fees from miners comes at the cost of disgust from the users at the huge fees. Leaving it as is long term is not viable. We don't really want to be in a situation where one group is antagonising the other; we're supposed to all be benefiting from the design and network.

-ck
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:31:37 AM

and  all of the crypto coin world is thriving.

If segwit comes it will radically change the game.  Since I have a foot in the btc camp and the alt coin world I hope to survive the change.
I'm aware you're against segwit and basically feel exactly the opposite way you do about it but of course only time will tell. The stalemate I spoke of was the lack of ability of any change to be accepted. That would hurt bitcoin long term. The market capitalisation seems to be completely dissociated from what's been going on in the development space which is in itself reassuring because it means it's the economy itself that is driving value up. Nonetheless economy can go on driving the value fine, but engineering is still required to develop the network further - be that fatter, wider, more compressed, bigger, smaller, smarter, more anonymous, more features, smart contracts, whatever... The excitement regarding the huge fees from miners comes at the cost of disgust from the users at the huge fees. Leaving it as is long term is not viable. We don't really want to be in a situation where one group is antagonising the other; we're supposed to all be benefiting from the design and network.

which is why i split my choices since I view it from economical viewpoint more then a technical viewpoint.

I hope those that are all in segwit only  all or nothing  don't get burned.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 08:15:30 AM

Now that I've seen the draft for the agreement, it appears the segwit activation by the large pools is actually going to be their own implementation associated with a 2MB hard fork in September this year and won't even use the existing segwit bits meaning it will be incompatible with any existing bitcoin node software out there by core, BU, or anyone else. Umm....  Huh

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:03:53 AM

... and won't even use the existing segwit bits...
While it's no secret that I dislike segwit, it should also be no secret that I see an adoption of segwit that isn't coded by the wonderful folks at Core as a blessing to Bitcoin itself. Much like folks stopped seeing IE as the "official" browser of the internet; there needs to come a day of reckoning where the devs either bow to the wants/wishes of the marketplace (and not the wrong way round) or they get left behind.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:10:30 AM

While it's no secret that I dislike segwit, it should also be no secret that I see an adoption of segwit that isn't coded by the wonderful folks at Core as a blessing to Bitcoin itself. Much like folks stopped seeing IE as the "official" browser of the internet; there needs to come a day of reckoning where the devs either bow to the wants/wishes of the marketplace (and not the wrong way round) or they get left behind.
Um, no, they'll be using segwit as coded by Core. They're just going to add a hard fork to it and use a different bit.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:18:07 AM

Um, no, they'll be using segwit as coded by Core. They're just going to add a hard fork to it and use a different bit.
And in one fell swoop, you took me from  Grin to  Cry

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:41:25 AM

On a more "on topic" note:
With BTC pushing towards $2,200USD and alts not moving in the normal inverse direction, I may have to switch to 1 day on and 1 day off (instead of 2 on and one off). Bitcoin is where most of my loyalties lie, but I have to keep my main loyalty to the economics of what buys me more toys faster.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:42:32 AM

Sorry. To be honest what I want more than anything else is peaceful resolution; instead things get more volatile every day. None of this seems to be hurting bitcoin value one bit, but then as I said to Phil, that's economy based, but the technology has the potential to make things a lot better... or a lot worse. Sigh.

Anyway I started a thread specifically to discuss this with a lot more detail which is only indirectly related to this pool thread here for anyone who wants to discuss the significance of it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1928093.0

Meanwhile, let's work on slowly building that hashrate up and find a block. Looks like hoping on a big miner joining any time soon is hopeful thinking and I/we should accept that it's going to happen the hard way slowly.

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:44:57 AM

With BTC pushing towards $2,200USD and alts not moving in the normal inverse direction, I may have to switch to 1 day on and 1 day off (instead of 2 on and one off). Bitcoin is where most of my loyalties lie, but I have to keep my main loyalty to the economics of what buys me more toys faster.
Yeah I know. If we were finding blocks and bigger by now it wouldn't be the case...
* -ck sighs some more.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:22:05 PM

Yeah I know. If we were finding blocks and bigger by now it wouldn't be the case...
* -ck sighs some more.
True. There will (I truly believe) come a day where the pool size will grow to the point where I can stay full-time. For most folks, there's only a marginal income difference; however, with "profit switching", numerous PoS wallets, and some auto-trade code, the income from current markets for me mining alts vs bitcoin is nearly 2:1.  Shocked

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 02:45:11 PM

Sorry. To be honest what I want more than anything else is peaceful resolution; instead things get more volatile every day. None of this seems to be hurting bitcoin value one bit, but then as I said to Phil, that's economy based, but the technology has the potential to make things a lot better... or a lot worse. Sigh.

Anyway I started a thread specifically to discuss this with a lot more detail which is only indirectly related to this pool thread here for anyone who wants to discuss the significance of it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1928093.0

Meanwhile, let's work on slowly building that hashrate up and find a block. Looks like hoping on a big miner joining any time soon is hopeful thinking and I/we should accept that it's going to happen the hard way slowly.

I will check the thread out.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:22:47 PM

Ping.

Not much more I can do to raise hashrate further but say we're all still here mining away...
FWIW, even on my "off" days I still have one three of my LN bastardizations running @ ~ 5.1TH each. Cool
It They likes low-diff alts less than you do. Tongue

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 09:04:27 PM

Ping.

Not much more I can do to raise hashrate further but say we're all still here mining away...
FWIW, even on my "off" days I still have one three of my LN bastardizations running @ ~ 5.1TH each. Cool
It They likes low-diff alts less than you do. Tongue
Awesome, all (asic) hashes are welcome and every little bit counts  Kiss

-ck
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:18:18 PM

Is it wrong that there's a part of me that wants to get blocks and hashrate just to see the code and that it works as expected?  Tongue
#g33k

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 09:48:55 PM

Is it wrong that there's a part of me that wants to get blocks and hashrate just to see the code and that it works as expected?  Tongue
#g33k
Absolutely not, that's obviously exactly how I feel. If it makes you feel any better, no one has invested as much in this pool as I have so I have a lot on the line myself.

-ck
gt_addict

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 03:31:24 PM

Come on Block, lets get cracking you and get you out the way!!

xxooss

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:45:11 PM

Ok added a couple of miners...lets do this!
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 08:44:38 PM

Come on Block, lets get cracking you and get you out the way!!

Yes please Smiley

Ok added a couple of miners...lets do this!

Thanks!

There are now 129 unique users in the payout queue and 239 unique users in total. Assuming people have taken my advice of only using the one username that's a surprising number of users despite a still very modest hashrate. I'm hoping that many of those users are holding more hashrate to their name and waiting for the pool to solve its first block before adding more here. It's also good to see so many small miners anyway since the idea of the pool was to provide a haven for them where otherwise it may be impossible for them to get a payout.

Now hang in there and let's crack this.

-ck
xxooss

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:08:48 PM

Yes that is a lot of miners but as you say if people followed your advice that would mean a lot of SINGLE miner users right? Being a haven for the guy/gal with one gekko is the whole idea...I like it!
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:34:58 PM

.... I'm hoping that many of those users are holding more hashrate to their name and waiting for the pool to solve its first block before adding more here. It's also good to see so many small miners anyway since the idea of the pool was to provide a haven for them where otherwise it may be impossible for them to get a payout.

Now hang in there and let's crack this.
Can't speak for others, but giving all my hobby-miners have every other day (might be back to 2:1 by the 7th, depends on when some PoS coins mature and ...[a bunch of other stuff no one else cares about]...). Looking future-forward, I'll likely be adding a unique user every 3rd or 4th block (time to start hiding some more of my coins Tongue ) and continue using the vanity addy for the bulk of it all.

I, too, would like to thank the "little guys"; without them, I'd feel so lonely.  Cheesy

VentMine

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:39:02 PM

I've thrown my hat into the ring, 1 S9 worth lol  Kiss

Let's find that block!!

Power is money - 1ESSdoVYKm8sNtYMfdkFBajhAe2e6G8keH
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:44:43 PM

I've thrown my hat into the ring, 1 S9 worth lol...
Sweet.   Grin
They all count the same...100 people with 1 or 1 person with 100. Wink

m1n3m1n3m1n3

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:19:46 PM

I've thrown my hat into the ring, 1 S9 worth lol...
Sweet.   Grin
They all count the same...100 people with 1 or 1 person with 100. Wink

The way the diff is growing I think we need 100 people with 100  Tongue

ZedZedNova

Activity: 267

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:48:41 AM

Awesome, all (asic) hashes are welcome and every little bit counts  Kiss

Apparently the internet djinn are pleased with something I have done. I pointed my sidehack'd S7LN (~2TH) and my Gekko Compac (~18GH) to the pool and both are successfully hashing away. This is the first time that the S7LN, since I've had it in my possession, has been able to successfully mine to pool that wasn't a P2Pool node.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:52:29 AM

Apparently the internet djinn are pleased with something I have done. I pointed my sidehack'd S7LN (~2TH) and my Gekko Compac (~18GH) to the pool and both are successfully hashing away. This is the first time that the S7LN, since I've had it in my possession, has been able to successfully mine to pool that wasn't a P2Pool node.
Great, the universe is telling you something then  Wink

-ck
VentMine

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:26:35 PM

So I just read about the HERP and DERP aspect of this pool on pg 1... Might take a few more reads for me to fully understand it but seems fascinating.

First of all, amazing acronyms - this alone should be attracting miners lol Cheesy

This is the first time I've heard about the HERP DERP concept, is it new? I've been mining for about 7 months so I'm still learning new stuff almost every day.

Power is money - 1ESSdoVYKm8sNtYMfdkFBajhAe2e6G8keH
eddiephx

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:30:48 PM

What are with these pools? Scams or what? This pool should have easily found a block by now. I also tried multipool and it seems like a rip off as well, stats are way fishy, same person running it CK
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:34:28 PM

What are with these pools? Scams or what? This pool should have easily found a block by now. I also tried multipool and it seems like a rip off as well, stats are way fishy, same person running it CK
Why should a pool of ~ 300TH have found a block with less than 90% of "expected" shares?  Huh
The FUD patrol seems to be quite active today.  Sad

VRobb

Activity: 602

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:35:55 PM

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak(type) and remove all doubt.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck
In Hotels, I prefer the 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), & S9-13.5
Jeyl

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:39:21 AM

I just assigned my Antminer S7 to the pool. Put the 'POOL 1' url as pool.ckpool.org:3333. Now it's been ages since I last tinkered with the miner so my memory isn't as reliable, so let me just verify.

URL: pool.ckpool.org:3333
Worker: My BTC Address (Is that the same as a wallet receiving address?)
Password (Just type something in?)

My miner status shows that stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333 is 'Alive' with 36 "GetWorks" and 312 "Accepted".

Did I get it right or am I missing something?
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 02:54:58 AM

I just assigned my Antminer S7 to the pool. Put the 'POOL 1' url as pool.ckpool.org:3333. Now it's been ages since I last tinkered with the miner so my memory isn't as reliable, so let me just verify.

URL: pool.ckpool.org:3333
Worker: My BTC Address (Is that the same as a wallet receiving address?)
Password (Just type something in?)

My miner status shows that stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333 is 'Alive' with 36 "GetWorks" and 312 "Accepted".

Did I get it right or am I missing something?
Sounds perfectly fine. If you have more than one miner you may want to give each worker unique workername extensions after the btc address but if you only have the one miner then just your btc address is fine. It looks like it's mining based on you getting accepted shares anyway. Welcome aboard Smiley

-ck
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 01:37:01 PM

Did you forget to take your meds?  This pool was written by, and managed by, the same guy that wrote the mining software your gear uses.  He also runs a solo mining pool.

Con, congrats on launching this pool.  Your reward system looks quite interesting.  Best of luck!