Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 01:41:10 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FREE] ckpool.org ZERO FEE SPLNS no registration mining pool  (Read 69363 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2366

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 03:29:21 AM

I took some of my earnings and rented a little time from Mining Rig Rentals. I don't think I got the best rate, however I'm happy with how easy and quick the ordering process was to go through. I'm going to continue with that practice of renting some time after each block we find. I was able to jump up four spots on the payout list within a single day.  
I don't understand the "after each block" part of your strategy. The reward system isn't hoppable; there is nothing to gain as to when to choose to mine and not mine here.

I'm properly misunderstanding something, but after each block, does our hash rate revert back to zero? I didn't think it did. So by reinvesting some of my earnings, I would gain more of a payout faster then I would with my typical old miner. Correct?  
No. It all continually accumulates regardless of whether we've found a block or not. The "accepted" and the "diff" shown in pool stats has no bearing at all on payouts. The only effect a block might have on payouts is on ultra small miners who have only just reached payout threshold as to which next block they'll get paid on.

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MikeyKing

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:47:47 AM

Thank you so much for explaining that to me.. I really appreciate it.

So is the payout in correlation to the amount of hashpower put in... - or is it a percentage breakdown out of 100...

Like does 1st place get a percentage of the block
ex.) 3rd place gets 19% of the block reward

or is it calculated by amount of hashpower put in;
ex,) payout = hashpower x X

best,

- Mike
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 04:03:15 AM

So is the payout in correlation to the amount of hashpower put in... - or is it a percentage breakdown out of 100...

best,

- Mike
Both. Your hashpower contributed divided by the total pool hashpower multiplied by the block reward.

-ck
MikeyKing

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:15:56 AM

best,

- Mike
Both. Your hashpower contributed divided by the total pool hashpower multiplied by the block reward.

Thank you sir. This will make it perfectly clear for me. I just want to make sure i understand.

is it my total pool lifetime hash or only current block total accumulated hashpower contributed divided by total pool hashpower toward block or lifetime?

or is it my current hashpower divided by current pool hashpower at time of block solving?

thank you ck sama,

- M
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 04:19:29 AM

Thank you sir. This will make it perfectly clear for me. I just want to make sure i understand.

is it my total pool lifetime hash or only current block total accumulated hashpower contributed divided by total pool hashpower toward block or lifetime?

or is it my current hashpower divided by current pool hashpower at time of block solving?
Your total over the last 5 blocks' worth divided by the pools' over the last 5 blocks worth. The fact we haven't gotten up to 5 blocks' worth means that it's whatever it's been till the start.

-ck
Scorppro

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:10:48 PM

I'm running 2 Gekkoscience 2pacs on a Raspberry Pi 3 and was given an Antminer U3. Is it possible to run all 3 from the Pi? I'm only using Raspbian with cgminer. Do I need Minera?

All replies are appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
MikeyKing

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:04:42 AM

Do rentals help? I just added 1.2 Petra for 4 hours to see if it can help our luck!

- Mike
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 04:13:42 AM

Do rentals help? I just added 1.2 Petra for 4 hours to see if it can help our luck!
Hashrate is hashrate. Unless there's something malicious going on from the person you're renting the hashrate then every hash counts and increases our chances of finding a block.

-ck
Scorppro

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:25:35 PM

I was using my nicehash BTC wallet address for the pool, do I lose all my work if I change to another wallet?

"accumulated": 5815992.817247814
"herp": 9019192.741226209
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 08:35:55 PM

I was using my nicehash BTC wallet address for the pool, do I lose all my work if I change to another wallet?

You don't lose it but it goes to another address which means you don't accumulate as much in one address. If you were below the payout threshold and abandon the address then it will never get paid anything. I highly recommend using one address as much as possible.

-ck
Scorppro

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:04:58 PM

You don't lose it but it goes to another address which means you don't accumulate as much in one address. If you were below the payout threshold and abandon the address then it will never get paid anything. I highly recommend using one address as much as possible.

Well... Here's to hoping nicehash comes back online. Hate to lose my work because of their misfortune. If not, I guess I'll just have a learning experience.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 09:10:30 PM

Well... Here's to hoping nicehash comes back online. Hate to lose my work because of their misfortune. If not, I guess I'll just have a learning experience.
The problem is that I can't start allowing people to change addresses unless they had a way to prove they owned those other addresses through signing from the original address. Remember the cardinal rule with bitcoin - unless you own the private keys to your address, you do not have control of your money. Always always use your own wallet where you are in control of your address. Time and time again any time there has been a hack, only those who have not used their own wallets were adversely affected a great deal.

-ck
Scorppro

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:28:41 PM

I just shut my 2pacs down from the pool. When I figure out how to get them and the U3 to play with each other, I'll have a private wallet address. Thank you for the pool. I hope to add my hashpower to it again soon.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 490

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:40:20 PM

...Remember the cardinal rule with bitcoin - unless you own the private keys to your address, you do not have control of your money.....
*Remember the cardinal rule with bitcoin - unless you own the private keys to the address, it's not your bitcoin or your address.

If you have to ask why, you wouldn`t understand my answer.
puntpasskick

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:58:30 AM

NiceHash was hacked today for about 4,449 BTC.  Angry
wuhanyan21

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:07:22 PM

Soon it will be nearly an year and the pool is still pretty much the same size compared to the porcentage of hashrate. Tis sad. Pool coded by con kolivas and the only free pool. We should have at least 6ph/s to beat variance and find a block per diff.

Still I mine.
toolpk

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:12:02 PM

I go offline for 2 weeks and we get  block. Just goes to show you never know. Never give up never surrender. Shocked
MikeyKing

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:17:35 PM

@CK,

Quick two questions...

1.) Does a higher bestshare increase Herp faster? I see you wrote that we get rewarded for higher shares.. but was that just for smaller miners? or if my machine gets a share in the billions vs. millions - does it increase my herp faster?

2.) If I rent hashrate, is it better to get one rig at somewhere around 1 PH/S - 500 TH/S or Fifty 10 TH/S Miners?
I thought it would be better to get more smaller ones and split them up.. but the bigger machines get larger bestshares.. so if bestshare helps increase herp, than multiple rentals would be better than just one larger rental?

BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK! I can feel it coming baby! Lets GO GO GO!

- Mikey
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:20:10 PM

@CK,

Quick two questions...

1.) Does a higher bestshare increase Herp faster? I see you wrote that we get rewarded for higher shares.. but was that just for smaller miners? or if my machine gets a share in the billions vs. millions - does it increase my herp faster?

2.) If I rent hashrate, is it better to get one rig at somewhere around 1 PH/S - 500 TH/S or Fifty 10 TH/S Miners?
I thought it would be better to get more smaller ones and split them up.. but the bigger machines get larger bestshares.. so if bestshare helps increase herp, than multiple rentals would be better than just one larger rental?

- Mikey
1. Yes but on average it will smooth out if you have a high hashrate so in practice, no. It only makes it possible to get a bit more if you're a tiny miner.
2. It makes zero difference. The bigger machines do NOT get larger bestshares; that's just your perception. Only overall hashrate matters. Remember that 1PH "rigs" are actually just hundreds of the same smaller rigs.

Basically, there is no way to "game" the system to get better rewards. Just get the most hashrate you can afford at the cheapest price.

-ck
MikeyKing

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:11:12 PM

@CK,

Quick two questions...

- Mikey
1. Yes but on average it will smooth out if you have a high hashrate so in practice, no. It only makes it possible to get a bit more if you're a tiny miner.
2. It makes zero difference. The bigger machines do NOT get larger bestshares; that's just your perception. Only overall hashrate matters. Remember that 1PH "rigs" are actually just hundreds of the same smaller rigs.

Basically, there is no way to "game" the system to get better rewards. Just get the most hashrate you can afford at the cheapest price.

Okay got it! Thank you CK!! Appreciate you!

I'm not trying to beat or "game" the system.. Just want to do it the right and most efficient, best way possible.

I just wasn't sure if multiple different "workers" was better than one big hashrate "worker."

Since you said that smaller miners have that bestshare bonus, I just thought that was a better option, and also a better chance of finding a block..

I figured that if I had miners spread out over the world, better chances at finding a block than just one user in one location.. But I guess it doesn't really matter.. Just get the most hashrate I can for the best price.. I only have a 30 Th/s rig here at home, so I like to rent sometimes and "roll the dice."

But thanks for the answers, I do appreciate it!

I had a best share at over 10 billion, was the highest I ever had.. and it was after I reduced my S9 frequency to 550, which I thought was weird..

So when that happened I wasn't sure if that share raised my Herp more than usual.. Wasn't sure if the higher share was better for my herp than a slightly higher hash rate..

Best,

- Mikey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.