Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What to do next?
Don't ask for refund on Batch 1 chips - 23 (48.9%)
Ask for a refund on Batch 1 chips - 24 (51.1%)
Total Voters: 47

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed]Avalon Chips - 0.081 BTC (Global+Escrow)-BATCH2 SECURED  (Read 100161 times)
alchimista

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

ars longa, vita brevis

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:34:32 AM

I'm willing to buy more chips from batch 1.
If anybody wants to sell me, just PM me please.

Thanks everybody.

"Ab tam tenui initio tantae opes sunt profligatae"
Vendo Bitcoin a mano a Pisa \ Firenze .:. Compro e Vendo Bitcoin postepay|sepa
Serenata

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 08:46:12 AM

Good morning Steve,

Thank you for the efforts of the Avalon chips group buy. I have some questions and I'll try to be quick about them.
1) Does the cost per chip (0.083) cover the escrow fee or we should add 2% going to 0.08466 per chip?
2) The price of the PCB (including components and fan) for 16 chip devices is 85EUR. Will you be accepting PayPal as a payment method for PCB and Shipping costs?
3) Are you offering any kind of warranty for the finished product (16chip device)?
3) What is the total cost of KWh where you live? What are you planning to charge for hosting the devices? And what currencies and payment methods do you plan to accept for that?

John, does your escrow service cover the slim possibility of Steve running away with the chips or someone stealing them from him? (No offense intended Steve.)

Summing Up details not mentioned in OP, for convenience

16chip device details (based on Klondike project) - Fully functioning device (tested and ready for mining)
- Cost: Chip cost (1.328BTC) + 85EUR for board, assembly and fans (no PSU) + Shipping cost (20-30EUR depending on destination) + POSSIBLE TAX outside EU.
- Performance: The device is guaranteed to perform 4,2GH/s
- Connection: Connect to host computer (PC or RaspBerry Pi) via USB (not powered by USB)
- Software: cgminer and Mineforman's "MinePeon"
- Warranty: To be discussed.

General Information
- No invoices can be issued to buyers
- Local Pickup of chips or devices available
- Time between receiving chips and sending complete boards: aprox. 2-3 weeks

Avalon Chips - Details for ordering (Current batch #2 )
- Price per chip: 0.083BTC
- Minimum order quantity is 10 chips
- Wait time for chips after order is confirmed: 8-10 weeks
- No reservation available. Your place in the batch is guaranteed only after the payment is sent

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
t13hydra (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:20:27 AM

Foofighter; 32; 2,656; 18f7yGxM1KqgfyZTHRP5mXmzFEaszX7BU9

Thank you,
order confirmed. You can find it in the first post.
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:53:09 AM

Good morning Steve,

Thank you for the efforts of the Avalon chips group buy. I have some questions and I'll try to be quick about them.
1) Does the cost per chip (0.083) cover the escrow fee or we should add 2% going to 0.08466 per chip? --> Yes, it does
2) The price of the PCB (including components and fan) for 16 chip devices is 85EUR. Will you be accepting PayPal as a payment method for PCB and Shipping costs? --> No, i intend to accept only BTC. Any fiat payment can be traced by the government, i'm sure they would love to have the tax for this operation. I also have to pay the factory in advance (at least partially), so i can't hold the funds in escrow
3) Are you offering any kind of warranty for the finished product (16chip device)? --> Yes, i will try to offer 1-2 years of warranty through the factory.
3) What is the total cost of KWh where you live? What are you planning to charge for hosting the devices? And what currencies and payment methods do you plan to accept for that? --> The plan is to retain a percentage from the mining results, in BTC. The price for a kWh in Romania differs between 0.15 USD and 0.3 USD. This will be covered from the percentage. The percentage will be about 10%-12% of the miner's earnings.

John, does your escrow service cover the slim possibility of Steve running away with the chips or someone stealing them from him? (No offense intended Steve.) --> I think not, but John has my ID and address verified, so he will give out that information as soon as i (would) run. In case of an attack on the chips / PCBs, i have my protection ready Wink

Summing Up details not mentioned in OP, for convenience

16chip device details (based on Klondike project) - Fully functioning device (tested and ready for mining)
- Cost: Chip cost (1.328BTC) + 85EUR for board, assembly and fans (no PSU) + Shipping cost (20-30 40-50 (better have money ready and not need it, than vice versa) EUR depending on destination) + POSSIBLE TAX outside EU.
- Performance: The device is guaranteed to perform 4,2GH/s
- Connection: Connect to host computer (PC or RaspBerry Pi) via USB (not powered by USB)
- Software: cgminer and Mineforman's "MinePeon"
- Warranty: To be discussed. --> Almost certain that they will have at least 1 year warranty.

General Information
- No invoices can be issued to buyers
- Local Pickup of chips or devices available --> ONLY at my discresion. I reserve myself the decision not to do it, but rather deliver it via local courier.
- Time between receiving chips and sending complete boards: aprox. 2-3 weeks

Avalon Chips - Details for ordering (Current batch #2 )
- Price per chip: 0.083BTC
- Minimum order quantity is 10 chips
- Wait time for chips after order is confirmed: 8-10 weeks
- No reservation available. Your place in the batch is guaranteed only after the payment is sent

Thanks for that, Serenata, but i haven't posted the PCB info yet, as i wanted to create another thread for this. But with your help, i'll post the info in this form. Thanks again.

I've made some corrections to the info above, marked with red.
alchimista

ars longa, vita brevis

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:57:24 AM

Another question:
Avalon says they will ship only tested, working chips.
In case one chip is damaged, are you planning to sell some of your chips t13hydra? I would love to buy 1-2 more to be safe in this case.

t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:09:53 AM

Another question:
Avalon says they will ship only tested, working chips.
In case one chip is damaged, are you planning to sell some of your chips t13hydra? I would love to buy 1-2 more to be safe in this case.

Hi,
In case the chip is damaged during PCB production, they will be replaced by me. You will get a fully functional miner. In case the chips get damaged during use, it will or will not be covered by warranty. In this case, we will decide what to do and how to replace your chips. I personally do not have my own chips, as i have given them up to the two last persons in the first batch. Let's see what we can do about spares during this batch.

[Edit: you are free do buy 1-2 spares, if you want to, nobody is stopping you)
alchimista

ars longa, vita brevis

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 02:04:15 PM

Hi,
In case the chip is damaged during PCB production, they will be replaced by me. You will get a fully functional miner. In case the chips get damaged during use, it will or will not be covered by warranty. In this case, we will decide what to do and how to replace your chips.

thumbs up  Grin

FFMG

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:37:31 AM

The second batch is not really filling up, I want to get another 16 chips but I am not sure what to do now.

Maybe someone from Batch 1 wants to sell me their 32 chips Smiley?

FFMG

BTC : 1EQG1ZdThvkauvm2HBBWMvXTBBJQB5hfjG
Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:49:14 AM

The second batch is not really filling up, I want to get another 16 chips but I am not sure what to do now.

FFMG

There is still enough time to fill it up, Iam also planning to place more orders into the 2 batch as soon as i got the BTC.

regards

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:53:36 AM

FFMG

It'll fill up quickly once it passes the 100~ mark, and accelerate till the end.  Wink
Miracek

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:04:35 AM

I'll be submitting an order for 200 as soon as Gox clears my deposit.

Actually 192 or 208, multiples of 16, I have to remember that
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:14:28 AM

Gathering my BTCs for 16 chips Smiley

DaGreatRV

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:19:10 AM

Perhaps this was asked before, but I'll ask anyway. t13hydra, do you get regular status updates of the batch you ordered?
If so, could you share those with us? That could keep this thread entertaining till the end of July/early August.   Roll Eyes
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:26:41 AM

Perhaps this was asked before, but I'll ask anyway. t13hydra, do you get regular status updates of the batch you ordered?
If so, could you share those with us? That could keep this thread entertaining till the end of July/early August.   Roll Eyes

You asked the wrong person here - I'm the one holding the account there. There's no regular status of the sort - the order simply turns from Pending ->processing -> Chips ordered. We're at processing now. Smiley
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:07:20 AM

You asked the wrong person here - I'm the one holding the account there. There's no regular status of the sort - the order simply turns from Pending ->processing -> Chips ordered. We're at processing now. Smiley

That's right. Thanks John
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:10:58 AM

FFMG
Don't worry, Romanians just woke up to this GB. .."there is a group-buy for Avalon chips.. -- Whoaaa, awsome, let's go get some!"
I'm getting calls every day from local people Smiley Also, we may have a bigger order (1000-2000 chips) as a result of offline discussions by me. We'll see how that turns out. Until then, i'm finishing my website, to be ready for automatic handling of the purchases Wink

Cheers everyone, Have a great day!
FFMG

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:30:44 AM

We'll see how that turns out. Until then, i'm finishing my website, to be ready for automatic handling of the purchases Wink

Give me a shout if you need help, I am a php developer by trade, I'd be glad to help out if you need.

Cheers,

FFMG

BTC : 1EQG1ZdThvkauvm2HBBWMvXTBBJQB5hfjG
DaGreatRV

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:31:46 AM

Sorry about that, I thought you only handled the money side of things.
To bad the chip manufacturer doesn't give regular status updates, I'd love to have see their process steps and when they take/took place.
You know, like pcb manufacturers do. I even know one that allows you to follow the process of making your board via a livestream.  Tongue
But I should have expected this, they are used to having other businesses as customers and they wouldn't care for perks like that.  Lips sealed

Anyway, I'll be watching this thread.

Cheers
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:35:18 AM

Sorry about that, I thought you only handled the money side of things.
To bad the chip manufacturer doesn't give regular status updates, I'd love to have see their process steps and when they take/took place.
You know, like pcb manufacturers do. I even know one that allows you to follow the process of making your board via a livestream.  Tongue
But I should have expected this, they are used to having other businesses as customers and they wouldn't care for perks like that.  Lips sealed

Anyway, I'll be watching this thread.

Cheers

As the escrow here I'm also responsible to place the orders so that the funds never reach OP too. It'll be harder to hawk chips on the local black market than running with the coins.  Tongue (PS: I personally think that OP is legit, for the record)

Yeah, they don't even reply my emails despite the fact that I have 2 paid orders (this gb and ragingazn's gb), and is in the process of sending 2-3 more in.  Undecided I guess they must be bogged with shipping Avalon #2/3 orders now...
Miracek

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:46:18 AM

Don't worry, Romanians just woke up to this GB. .."there is a group-buy for Avalon chips.. -- Whoaaa, awsome, let's go get some!"
I'm getting calls every day from local people Smiley Also, we may have a bigger order (1000-2000 chips) as a result of offline discussions by me. We'll see how that turns out. Until then, i'm finishing my website, to be ready for automatic handling of the purchases Wink

Come on Gox, take my cash and let me get my bitcoins before this GB fills up too!!!  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: