Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:40:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203076 times)
daylateandadollarshort

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:53:49 PM

I have some doubts. Will this Token be sold in markets such as poloniex, Bifinex, etc? Each Token has its value attached to 1 Watt of power, is that it? If this is the more expensive to get the more expensive the farm energy, so we should not expect the value of the token to go to the moon, right? Undecided

I had the same thought.  Disclaimer: I am new to all of this.
By being attached to the 50 year 1 watt of power, it might put a fairly hard ceiling on the value of the token.
If people can become convinced that the value of the token is based on the value of 50 years of 1 watt rental at Gigawatt, and the rental fee has a fixed amount (as it appears to have), then you can literally calculate the exact value of the coin (obviously this assumes nothing changes over the next 50 years, which is ridiculous.  But you get my point.)

According to the cryptonomos calculator which is available here: https://cryptonomos.com/?r=1lv0eNDlOmhWNTu18ev35yyLJ
You can rent the tokens out for a max of $0.56502 per token per year.
Multiply that by 50 years, and you get a lifetime value of $28.25 per token.

Of course this assumes the tokens are being rented out.  But a similar formula could be used, based on the savings in rental fees, if the tokens were being used to cover miner rental feesL
Again, according to the cryptonomos calculator which is available here: https://cryptonomos.com/?r=1lv0eNDlOmhWNTu18ev35yyLJ
You will save $0.5913 per token per year.
Multiply that by 50 years, and you get a lifetime value of $29.565 per token.

So, based on this simple concept, we would assume that the value of one token should be at the very most $29.565, which is awesome for investors if it actually went this high.

Of course people will guess about what the value of mining/electricity will be over the next 50 years and apply that to the possible future value the token brings.  That's where things get interesting, I suppose.

Again I am totally new at this and I realize this is simple logic that only works in a vacuum.  But I thought it might be worthwhile to consider.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RedRockMining

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:06:06 AM

First I'd like to say I really like the concept and how it brings economies of scale to small miners, but I'd like to hear from any here who are actually running miners now at the Gigawatt facilities, either your own or purchase through Gigawatt.

I'd be curious to know about how billing, installation, payments, maintenance, outages, etc. are handled in reality.

Anyone here already mining?
Mrbates

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:42:13 AM

First I'd like to say I really like the concept and how it brings economies of scale to small miners, but I'd like to hear from any here who are actually running miners now at the Gigawatt facilities, either your own or purchase through Gigawatt.

I'd be curious to know about how billing, installation, payments, maintenance, outages, etc. are handled in reality.

I don't believe so because all of the miners that had been sold are coming in the near future.

Although megabigpower was a pretty big name (Should be safe to look up reviews of them, and apply here)

tradebtc1

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:53:11 AM

I have some doubts. Will this Token be sold in markets such as poloniex, Bifinex, etc? Each Token has its value attached to 1 Watt of power, is that it? If this is the more expensive to get the more expensive the farm energy, so we should not expect the value of the token to go to the moon, right? Undecided

I had the same thought.  Disclaimer: I am new to all of this.
By being attached to the 50 year 1 watt of power, it might put a fairly hard ceiling on the value of the token.
If people can become convinced that the value of the token is based on the value of 50 years of 1 watt rental at Gigawatt, and the rental fee has a fixed amount (as it appears to have), then you can literally calculate the exact value of the coin (obviously this assumes nothing changes over the next 50 years, which is ridiculous.  But you get my point.)

According to the cryptonomos calculator which is available here: https://cryptonomos.com/?r=1lv0eNDlOmhWNTu18ev35yyLJ

Of course this assumes the tokens are being rented out.  But a similar formula could be used, based on the savings in rental fees, if the tokens were being used to cover miner rental feesL
Again, according to the cryptonomos calculator which is available here: https://cryptonomos.com/?r=1lv0eNDlOmhWNTu18ev35yyLJ

So, based on this simple concept, we would assume that the value of one token should be at the very most $29.565, which is awesome for investors if it actually went this high.

Of course people will guess about what the value of mining/electricity will be over the next 50 years and apply that to the possible future value the token brings.  That's where things get interesting, I suppose.

Again I am totally new at this and I realize this is simple logic that only works in a vacuum.  But I thought it might be worthwhile to consider.

If you look into the future, that would be correct calculations - but the value might vary due to changes in demand. Also you may sell your WTT on public exchanges once it gets listed there.
RedRockMining

Activity: 127

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:04:43 AM

[/quote]

I don't believe so because all of the miners that had been sold are coming in the near future.

Although megabigpower was a pretty big name (Should be safe to look up reviews of them, and apply here)
[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I'm not quite clear about. From the cryptonomos website:

"At this time, there are 3 units already in operation, which means that 2.25 MW is currently ready for tokenization"

So what does "in operation" mean? Does it mean it's already hosting miners or just ready for miners post-token launch?

To me it seems to suggest miners are already being hosted especially since they do offer hosting for those who already have their own miners.

maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:10:18 AM

Why does your team send you a message to visit the link you shared?
Padhal you can hold bounty for this condition
Are you afraid to spend capital
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:16:10 AM

When do you start ICON dev? And how about coin distribution?
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:20:28 AM

Coins will be distributed when the mining facilities are ready. you get the coins when the batch you bought into is ready.
Mrbates

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:19:03 AM

[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I'm not quite clear about. From the cryptonomos website:

"At this time, there are 3 units already in operation, which means that 2.25 MW is currently ready for tokenization"

So what does "in operation" mean? Does it mean it's already hosting miners or just ready for miners post-token launch?

To me it seems to suggest miners are already being hosted especially since they do offer hosting for those who already have their own miners.

[/quote]
Probably needs to be answered by cryptonomos

cryptonomos (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 02:39:47 AM

Why does your team send you a message to visit the link you shared?
Padhal you can hold bounty for this condition
Are you afraid to spend capital

Could you please clarify your question?

First batch is issued on August 7th, then 15th, then Sep 1st and so on.

cryptonomos (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 02:41:40 AM

Has anyone tried to purchase with USD?

We've had some participants who purchased with USD of course. You simply fill out the form in cabinet when clicking on $ sign, fill out the form and get invoice sent to your email. After that you take it and go to the bank with it.

djazher

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:36:17 AM

Hey GW and cryptonomos team !

Quick questions to clear out before jumping in :

+ Do you issue a legal contract stating that you host miners property [link between legit ID and serial number] ?
+ Is there any insurance policy, in case of a non force majeure incident, such as... You know, that sort of stuff... ?
+ Say, somehow another gift from Wu comes up, like Antbleed, do you apply the patches yourselves ?

Thanks for the good work and your transparency policy. This kind of initiative helps cryptos further than offering mining facilities, it makes it trustable.

[getting pretty emtional, here... Cheesy]
1)Could you clarify the question please?
2)Total policy covers $5M for any single claim, and we will increase it as we grow.
3) Yes.

I'm VERY sorry to insist [3rd time, actually] and I'll try to re-phrase my question :

1)Could you clarify the question please?

When purchasing through the Giga-Watt website, do you issue a legal document stating about the fact that that each mining machine belongs to his actual owner ? Or, how can I prove, once purchased, that this very mining machine is mine, and not yours ?
Donaldturp

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:44:14 AM

We've had some participants who purchased with USD of course. You simply fill out the form in cabinet when clicking on $ sign, fill out the form and get invoice sent to your email. After that you take it and go to the bank with it.

I was also thinking to purchase WTT tokens with USD via wire transfer. I will check the web site for further instructions.

Hopefully, I can do it with USD without a problem.
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:34:38 AM

over 1/3 tokens sold, not bad... hope you will sell all 30 million tokens.
kjs

Activity: 188
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:05:27 AM

over 1/3 tokens sold, not bad... hope you will sell all 30 million tokens.

The ICO looks to be a good chance to sell at least 20 million tokens.
daylateandadollarshort

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:31:38 AM

I had the same thought.  Disclaimer: I am new to all of this.
If people can become convinced that the value of the token is based on the value of 50 years of 1 watt rental at Gigawatt, and the rental fee has a fixed amount (as it appears to have), then you can literally calculate the exact value of the coin (obviously this assumes nothing changes over the next 50 years, which is ridiculous.  But you get my point.)

Of course this assumes the tokens are being rented out.  But a similar formula could be used, based on the savings in rental fees, if the tokens were being used to cover miner rental feesL

Of course people will guess about what the value of mining/electricity will be over the next 50 years and apply that to the possible future value the token brings.  That's where things get interesting, I suppose.

Again I am totally new at this and I realize this is simple logic that only works in a vacuum.  But I thought it might be worthwhile to consider.

If you look into the future, that would be correct calculations - but the value might vary due to changes in demand. Also you may sell your WTT on public exchanges once it gets listed there.

Right. I was referring to the public exchanges when contemplating its potential value ceiling. In other words, the speculative value of this token might have a limit to it due to being tied to an actual asset with measurable value. So, my proposition is that the backing of the token by the rental/infrastructure both gives it real value (as opposed to purely speculative value) as well as real limits (as opposed to a lot of these coins/tokens that are backed by nothing but are able to grow endlessly).

Of course, as I mentioned, I concede completely that this value varies based on current demand and predicted future demand.
I bought wtt so I obviously don't doubt its potential. But I wonder if it has a self-imposed value limit that other tokens don't necessarily have?

I am curious to hear from smarter people than myself, because I am basically pulling this out of my butt. I hear people talking about market cap and supply and blah blah, and most of that means nothing to me, so maybe I am oversimplifying in my thought process out of ignorance. Maybe speculation ignores silly things like real value. I genuinely do not know.

daylateandadollarshort

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:39:00 AM

I was also thinking to purchase WTT tokens with USD via wire transfer. I will check the web site for further instructions.

Hopefully, I can do it with USD without a problem.

I used USD.  ACH'd (iirc) from my bank's website directly to gigwatt's bank in San Francisco (again, iirc).
It was painless. But there was the 2-3 day delay (which was properly disclaimed). I could have chosen a same-day wire for like $30 but my bank is lame and your bank might be cheaper.
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:00:56 AM

Buyer remorse here. The LTC miner price increased more then 50%.
No wonder the ico did not sell completely when is worth more to actually buy the hardware.
cryptovn83

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:04:48 AM

I purchased some WTT.
That's really bad while I have to wait 1 month+ from now while early bird don't get any bonus.
So I guest many other should join in the last turn
Mrbates

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:31:41 PM

I purchased some WTT.
That's really bad while I have to wait 1 month+ from now while early bird don't get any bonus.
So I guest many other should join in the last turn
Early birds do get a bonus... The coins cheaper

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: