Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:25:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203076 times)
iGotHope

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:13:59 PM

Maybe they won't be getting the miners they promised?
My first miners arrived there from Bitmain 2 weeks ago, and can't be placed becaue of the construction delay. So this is not a case.
I sent a email yesterday to have mine ship somewhere else for the moment until my batch 4 are ready. They sent mine the following day. Look into it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:25:14 PM

Wow, cool project actually, it looks so promising though and i've seen a lot of similar something like this but still goodluck to your project dev. I hope the electricity bill is somehow worth it.

cd74reg

Activity: 397
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:35:17 PM

For disclosure - I am a pre-sale token holder. As I said I have been mining with them for over a month now. Plus, I have received non-stop rental income from tokens which I am unable to use right now to pay for mining. I have been watching the token price go from as high as $20 to settle in around $2.50 currently based on swings in sentiment.

For the past month I have used Telegram to chat with other miners. I have been candid there and even pointed out many problems as GigaWatt started operations. I also posted screen shots of my earnings to the group to help satisfy the curiosity of those who have been delayed. I honestly think the token delay is a calculated way to make things fair for everyone due to the inspection approval delays. Yes, I am mining but I believe it is because I got my orders into Bitmain early and prepared GigaWatt for my delivery every step of the way. By mining now, Dave has allowed me to tell others about the opportunity which are ahead. I am one small mining individual so there is no need to be angry and think that everyone is able to mine except you. They did not have enough space to host all of my miners but I am at least mining at 3.3 cents per kWH! Which beats the price of my other hosting company by a large amount. My biggest gripe so far is how cautious Dave is with the hiring - though maybe it is hard to find people (cost-effective) in that particular out-of-the-way business location.

Hosting is not going to get cheaper unless crypto prices begin to dive which does not seem likely with Goldman Sachs talking about entering the market. People are a bit spoiled by the fast ROIs today. There will come a day when a 5-year ROI on crypto equipment is considered a great deal. Relative to future potential, prices are still cheap and the equipment returns are amazing even if it takes 6 months to mine 1 bitcoin.

When Dave is able to get permit approval for all of the GigaWatt pods you are going to see the flood gates open! Not only will demand for miners go up but you will see people pay top dollar for the tokens. Then you have a catalyst for the tokens when they hit the exchanges. There are many good things getting ready to happen at GigaWatt. While the problems perceived by many exist, the tokens will remain an absolute steal. Risk vs reward is much smaller now than it was a month or even a day ago.

Continued success to our Crypto community!

Regards

Buy and Hodl Bitcoin.
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:31:59 AM

Maybe the pods are all alright and they are simply mining with your shit themselves to make a bit more money while they build the next pods?

Or maybe they sold miners that do not exist because they were selling at times Bitmain did not even have Miners online...

They are offering to send miners to those who bought them if they want,  so they are definetely not mining by themselves Smiley
cuteman

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:37:59 AM

For disclosure - I am a pre-sale token holder. As I said I have been mining with them for over a month now. Plus, I have received non-stop rental income from tokens which I am unable to use right now to pay for mining.
Risk vs reward is much smaller now than it was a month or even a day ago.
Thanks for information from the insider!  This is rather encouraging  Smiley
cuteman

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:54:14 AM

For disclosure - I am a pre-sale token holder. As I said I have been mining with them for over a month now.
Can you explain please why your POD is operating without UL obstacles?  Why did they decide to scrutinise only PODs from 3 and 4 batches?
mjosephs

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:03:50 AM

@gigawatt What are you doing? we are investors. When will we get our tokens?

No you aren't.  You're somebody who got duped into giving away your money without getting any enforcible commitment in return.

You will continue to get robbed until you learn this.

Have a nice day!

mjosephs

Activity: 129

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:05:00 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 10:03:57 AM by mjosephs

another thing is that high price for earlier batch was caused by Bitmain, not GW.  It was Bitmain who asked very high price for the first batch,significantly.

What?   This is crazy talk.  Bitmain does not sell ICO tokens.

cuteman

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:08:59 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 10:11:17 AM by cuteman

another thing is that high price for earlier batch was caused by Bitmain, not GW.  It was Bitmain who asked very high price for the first batch,significantly.

What?  This is crazy talk.  Bitmain does not sell ICO tokens.
I just wanted to say that GW added quite small premium to Bitmain's price - about 10% which can cover shipping from Bitmain to GW, import taxes and deployment costs.

Finally they earm maybe a few %% which is fair enough i think.   They don't sell twice more expensive.
iGotHope

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:19:30 AM

More than likely GW is not a blatant scam.
There is definitely 'something' they are hiding. It does not seem plausible if there excuse is something like this.

"We have been so busy and working around the clock to get the pods up and running that we do not have time to push updates."
It is not rocket science to push an update and send it out to all the email subscribers. So they are hiding something, they will withhold the truth for their benefit.
I would not say GW is a blatant scam. Dave Carlson seems like hes an actual BTC advocate and enthusiast. BUT.
There is definitely some manipulation that they are attempting to better the reputation and profitability of GW. I'm pretty sure this is 'normal' operating procedures for large companies. Sadly.
I see a lot of bitchin' in here but not a lot of people tryin' to sell they tokens. I'm pretty sure some will snatch them off you if you don't want them tokens no more.
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:04:58 PM

I have bought 100 wtt tokens and I don't intend to mine... What shud I do when I get them (Batch 3)? Sell them on an exchange or put them for rent ?
jambo110
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:07:38 PM

Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:12:16 PM

I have bought 100 wtt tokens and I don't intend to mine... What shud I do when I get them (Batch 3)? Sell them on an exchange or put them for rent ?

I shoud put them for rent a half year or a year, then sell the tokens if crypto world makes a little spike on the media.
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:22:57 PM

Why you think this deal was so great? I don't consider a good deal, a company that sells hardware it cannot host.
I guess they did not know about future obstacles.  Now they are selling hardware for December deploymet, and they probably are sure that problems will be cleared before then.

That if these pods which are started now to be built would have no further delays. Yeah, sorry, another promise. If that was the case, they would not sell September and octomber batches... seems the same story is for November... December might not be lucky as well. Giga when.
Lucas Johannesburg

Activity: 128

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:18:16 PM

More than likely GW is not a blatant scam.
There is definitely 'something' they are hiding. It does not seem plausible if there excuse is something like this.

"We have been so busy and working around the clock to get the pods up and running that we do not have time to push updates."
It is not rocket science to push an update and send it out to all the email subscribers. So they are hiding something, they will withhold the truth for their benefit.
I would not say GW is a blatant scam. Dave Carlson seems like hes an actual BTC advocate and enthusiast. BUT.
There is definitely some manipulation that they are attempting to better the reputation and profitability of GW. I'm pretty sure this is 'normal' operating procedures for large companies. Sadly.
I see a lot of bitchin' in here but not a lot of people tryin' to sell they tokens. I'm pretty sure some will snatch them off you if you don't want them tokens no more.

You're a fool. Cant sell tokens that weren't issued yet.
rustyTuB

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:20:47 AM

This form seems to offer recent news about Giga Pod site activity.

http://www.wttclub.com
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:15:41 AM

You're a fool. Cant sell tokens that weren't issued yet.

Well I believe that Batch 1 and Batch 2 have been issued (I got my tokens which were in Batch 1), and still there are not a lot of people trying to sell. I am currently renting my tokens and have no plans to sell them.

I also have a miner that should be installed shortly. Giga-Watt has been keeping me sufficiently appraised of the situation, and I have no concerns over the delays. Not sure where you live that things always go exactly according to plans, and there are never any unforeseen delays or issues that pop up, but this is the USA, and stuff like this happens all the time. What Giga-Watt is doing is new, and it takes time to educate people. Then, of course, there is the arbitrary seeming application of the laws/rules, but that just comes with the territory.

No mining at the moment.
NebIam

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:33:19 AM

I just received two mails from Giga Watt :

Dear _______,

First of all, we would like to thank you for all your patience. During the past weeks we have been hard at work to overcome several unforeseen obstacles.  We have provided some of these updates through channels like our Telegram “Giga Watt Support” group.  These issues range from delays resulting from building inspectors insisting on UL certified Power Supply Units (PSU), something that the manufacturer provided PSUs don’t have, to extended building inspections.  Though these delays are extremely frustrating for all of us, the size of our operation puts a spotlight on everything we do.  This is a first of its kind, US-based, enterprise scale company; the local inspectors want to take advantage of this opportunity and learn about the business and ensure things are done right the first time. All this leads to extra scrutiny on every step we take; however, as painful as the process has been, in the end we will have set the standard for these inspectors. We are taking the time, and spending the money needed, to ensure we truly are bringing a state of the art product to market. A product that will give all of our customers the ability to have a superior infrastructure for decades to come.

A burning question many customers have is the status of hardware that was purchased over the last few months; that is the focus of this update. We currently have many miners that have arrived at our facility and some of these miners are yours. We are emailing to inform you that your Antminer D3(s) have arrived and are in our warehouse. To watch our timeline of power roll-out please visit http://www.giga-watt.com/promo/timeline; this tool will give you a detailed overview of steps we have accomplished per Pod and steps left to cross the finish line. Being in this September batch of D3's you are in the second group of customers to be deployed into the next available power that comes online.

Over the next 10 to 12 weeks we expect to start installing and powering gear in the facilities you see on the timeline. The facilities you will be deployed to will be pods 3 and 4 at the Moses Lake location. To accommodate everyone in an equitable and timely manner, we will be deploying everyone’s gear in order received. As you know our past delays have been due to unforeseen circumstances; please keep in mind that this 10 to 12 week conservative estimate has been made with all information available to us today. Though we don’t anticipate any more major surprises, it’s always possible, however we aim to have the deployments filled according to this schedule or sooner.

I guess that all customers who bought a miner that's not already mining received a e-mail like this with the status of their D3, L3+, S9...

And then comes the second one :
   Now that you have received pertinent information regarding your miners, your WTT tokens, and your deployment timeline let's look at options available for moving forward. Internally, the Giga Watt team has been working around the clock, seven days a week, to come up with solutions that will give our customers the best outcomes given the circumstances. We feel that the following options all have their pros and cons, but all will provide a way to move forward.  Knowing your deployment timeline you should now have the information required to make the best decision for your situation.  We have three possible options for moving forward:

Option 1: Wait it Out
  Understand and accept the situation for what it is and hold out until your miners are deployed. The risk with this option is that there are still contingent delays related to UL issues being finalized which keep the Pods from being powered up and mining.  However, with this option you have a probable timeline and an understanding of where your hardware sits in the deployment schedule. The downside of this option is that your hardware is sitting doing nothing while difficulty invariably increases while you wait.

Option 2: Ship Miners home or to another location
  Have the miners shipped to your home or to another location you authorize us to send to. Giga Watt will cover the cost of all domestic US shipping, international shipping costs will be determined on an individual basis. If you have only a few miners, available space, and power at home, this is a good temporary option.  As we northerners like to say, “winter is coming” and the reality, good or bad, is that these things make great heaters. To use this option please email shipminer@giga-watt.com to set up your shipment.

Option 3: Sell Your Miners at a Premium
  There is a good market for miners that are in hand and ship today and the retail price is often over what you paid. Although Giga Watt does not directly facilitate the sale of your hardware we can offer to ship your miners anywhere a buying customer is located. If you are interested in selling your miners to another party or through a third-party service please email sellminer@giga-watt.com; the sales team will get you started and suggest best practices and trusted sources.

We want to personally take this opportunity to offer our apologies for not meeting the originally proposed deployment schedule. All of us on the Giga Watt team really do feel a great desire to do whatever we can to assist you – we want to ensure we have the best relationship with our loyal customers.  The reality is we are all in this together, blazing trails and inevitably stepping on the hidden thorns along the way. There are no maps for where we’re going – this has not been done before. The combined experience of the team at Giga Watt should give you comfort in knowing that we can navigate these speed bumps and complete this project. You have the support of a company with the highest integrity and always strives to put its customers first. Giga Watt will continue to push to be the best we can and bring to market the awesome opportunity that we have all taken part in.

10 to 12 weeks is a long time for a miner to be doing nothing... I'll try to sell my D3 ASAP !
Do you have any advices on how to sell my miner ?
gomados

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:10:25 AM

I bought 3x  l3+ and 3x s9 on june and i don't have credited miners on my gigawatt account. Cry

so by the moment i can't do anything.

Mr Frog

Activity: 168

Bitcoin is the King

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:37:29 AM

I just received two mails from Giga Watt :

Option 3: Sell Your Miners at a Premium
  There is a good market for miners that are in hand and ship today and the retail price is often over what you paid. Although Giga Watt does not directly facilitate the sale of your hardware we can offer to ship your miners anywhere a buying customer is located. If you are interested in selling your miners to another party or through a third-party service please email sellminer@giga-watt.com; the sales team will get you started and suggest best practices and trusted sources.

Quote from: NebIam
10 to 12 weeks is a long time for a miner to be doing nothing... I'll try to sell my D3 ASAP !
Do you have any advices on how to sell my miner ?

Grin

I did not post this message, The Russians did it !
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: