Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:14:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169893 times)
jaredthesovereign

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 08:00:20 PM

The Dash.org mobile wallet for Android has an Exchange Rates link which shows (near) real-time conversion rates against both crypto and fiat which I think is an awesome functionality.  Will NVO wallet have something similar?  It would make this even more attractive if it did.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:41:55 PM

Hello, thank you for the question. In fact, NVO will allow assets trading, for now, you are seeing it from a centralized point of view.

The model of NVO is A sends to B, so if you have a Waves Asset, and wants to sell it for BTC, and found someone who wants your Assets and offers BTC, both will exchange asset for crypto.

It is as simple as that. The ratio is decided by the traders.

Very nice!

I'm now wandering how can you cope with  race conditions and double spend attempts in cross chain trades.

Suppose I sell my asset X through NVO, buyer sends me asset Y and in the meantime I transfer my asset X somewhere else through a native wallet.
There's a chance I get asset Y for free.
Jantapw
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:08:29 PM

Is there any facebook bounty  Huh
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:09:20 PM

What are the plans for including a FIAT gateway?  Which fiat currencies will be available? Will this be handled via coinpayments integration?
I suppose only dollar, euro, yuan and ruble will be allowed. This currencies are the most used at bitcoin's withdrawing. So, it's logical.
ChromaticStar

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:59:58 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 12:56:09 AM by ChromaticStar

I'm looking at the BTC address 3AiGej11G8jUXvEBPvQKPLiHXC7ruUCp1Z, which holds all of our escrow funds. At the moment, when looking at the Counterparty Chain, there are not 15,000,000 NVOT at this address. I assume the NVOT and NVOS will be distributed from a different address. Someone with address 1MwFAhvczy6kPbtPpqX2gmdFdbBxykq4de already has issuance authority over the NVOT and NVOS tokens. Is the NVO team responsible for this BTC address and why are there so many different token ticker names on the address? Do they plan on working on multiple projects that issue different tokens at the same time if this is their address? That would be a big concern for me.
Almeida

Activity: 196
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:34:40 AM

What are the plans for including a FIAT gateway?  Which fiat currencies will be available? Will this be handled via coinpayments integration?
I suppose only dollar, euro, yuan and ruble will be allowed. This currencies are the most used at bitcoin's withdrawing. So, it's logical.

From what I read in this thread (and the white paper), fiat wont be implemented by NVO team. They said fiat can be implemented by anyone else interested via plugin in the wallet. Having said that, it would be a parallel service, not provided by NVO, but by a third party USING NVO's free platform. So, no one can say what kind of fiat currencies will he handled there.
tonbi

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:11:10 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 06:23:20 AM by tonbi

What are the plans for including a FIAT gateway?  Which fiat currencies will be available? Will this be handled via coinpayments integration?

From what I read in this thread (and the white paper), fiat wont be implemented by NVO team. They said fiat can be implemented by anyone else interested via plugin in the wallet. Having said that, it would be a parallel service, not provided by NVO, but by a third party USING NVO's free platform. So, no one can say what kind of fiat currencies will he handled there.
Our focus is a decentralized exchange. Fiat implementation is not part of our main focus.
Cakeonit

Activity: 199
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:37:46 AM

Lauda, I really appreciate your extreme patience, it must be VERY frustrating answering the SAME BASIC QUESTION OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVErrrrr...........
godgog

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:44:21 AM

I wish to buy some NVO during crowd sale.  Never done this before; some one please advise the steps to buy some NVO.
Step 1) Wait for the crowd sale to begin.
Step 2) Register on the website.
Step 3) Follow the *instructions* found on the website and deposit to the addresses that you've received with the currency that you want. For this particular ICO, you will need a Bitcoin Address to which you own the private key to (no pools, exchanges, online services, et. al.) due to the counterparty token.

I've found in the instruction that  I won't be able to see and send my NVOT in my BTC wallet, then how to sent this to my COUNTERWALLET ? thanks!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:46:00 AM

Lauda, I really appreciate your extreme patience, it must be VERY frustrating answering the SAME BASIC QUESTION OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVErrrrr...........
You're welcome.

I've found in the instruction that  I won't be able to see and send my NVOT in my BTC wallet, then how to sent this to my COUNTERWALLET ? thanks!
Once distributed, you need to import your private key into counterwallet. You will see the tokens there.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
godgog

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:06:01 AM

I've found in the instruction that  I won't be able to see and send my NVOT in my BTC wallet, then how to sent this to my COUNTERWALLET ? thanks!
Once distributed, you need to import your private key into counterwallet. You will see the tokens there.

Thanks a mil.
One more question, is there any difference between depositing BTC or ALtcoins?
I've not got it yet.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:08:31 AM

I've not got it yet.
No. You can invest with various altcoins, albeit I'd recommend BTC if you required price stability. Either way, you need a BTC address to receive your tokens.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
godgog

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:35:20 AM

I've not got it yet.
No. You can invest with various altcoins, albeit I'd recommend BTC if you required price stability. Either way, you need a BTC address to receive your tokens.

I've just created my BTC wallet with secret key with walletgenerator.net as recommended in the website.
I guess I need to transfer my BTC to this created wallet then deposit my BTC from this wallet, then my tokens might be sent to this newly created BTC wallet, then using my secret key to the COUNTER WALLET I can visibly control my tokens?

I wonder If I can directly use my COUNTER WALLET for deposition then tokens might be sent to this Add, is this fine?
Raxitto

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:57:06 AM

NVO's goal is to remove the need for a third party to maintain customer assets, which is the case today with most exchanges. Thus, it proposes a P2P model for the exchange of crypto-coins and assets. The project was anticipated by the NVO team after observing how the current ecosystem can not meet the needs of the market.
The main advantage of a decentralized exchange is that crypto-derivatives and assets are not held by a third party. They are directly transferred from one owner to another in a P2P model. The NVO exchange is operated through two components:
The first is a multi-crypto-coin wallet, in which all keys are created locally on the user's device and never sent to any server.
Users control their private keys, can send and receive funds, export or encrypt the wallet with a password or SEED phrase. Developers can create and add new features through an open plugin system while keeping the wallet light.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 09:59:21 AM

I've just created my BTC wallet with secret key with walletgenerator.net as recommended in the website.
I guess I need to transfer my BTC to this created wallet then deposit my BTC from this wallet, then my tokens might be sent to this newly created BTC wallet, then using my secret key to the COUNTER WALLET I can visibly control my tokens?
Yes, so basically:
1) You create a new address (to which you own the private key to) and put it into the dashboard.
2) You send the Bitcoin that you want to invest with to this address.
3) You send from that address to escrow one.

I wonder If I can directly use my COUNTER WALLET for deposition then tokens might be sent to this Add, is this fine?
You can do that, yes.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 10:58:50 AM

The Dash.org mobile wallet for Android has an Exchange Rates link which shows (near) real-time conversion rates against both crypto and fiat which I think is an awesome functionality.  Will NVO wallet have something similar?  It would make this even more attractive if it did.

Yes, the mobile version of the Wallet will support trading and plugins integration.

Hello, thank you for the question. In fact, NVO will allow assets trading, for now, you are seeing it from a centralized point of view.

The model of NVO is A sends to B, so if you have a Waves Asset, and wants to sell it for BTC, and found someone who wants your Assets and offers BTC, both will exchange asset for crypto.

It is as simple as that. The ratio is decided by the traders.

Very nice!

I'm now wandering how can you cope with  race conditions and double spend attempts in cross chain trades.

Suppose I sell my asset X through NVO, buyer sends me asset Y and in the meantime I transfer my asset X somewhere else through a native wallet.
There's a chance I get asset Y for free.

Thanks for your support, this have been addressed, and here is the content :

The answer to 0-conf attack vector is in the reddit thread. Effectively when you validate a transaction without confirmations (0-conf), there is a risk for Double spending, or replace by fee, speed attack ... but this can only happen in the case of a normal address, in the reddit thread he didn't considered the specifications of a 2-OF-2. In the case of the validator, the trades will be handled using multisig 2-OF-2, which means that when you will trade using the validator, you will have a shared 2-OF-2 address with the validator, this will prevent this type of attacks as the validator's won't allow such transactions or manipulations.
Once the Validator allows a transaction and process it, you won't be able to issue an attack as you will need the agreement of the Validator. Unless you corrupt the validator, which means breaking SafeNetwork, regroupoing the framents and then decrypting them, all of this, just to get at the validator and try to corrupt a single address. These steps are actually not feasable, maybe in 10 or 20 years using quantum computers or using a lazer computer with graphen components. Even if you do it, you won't be able to corrupt more then a single address, the one you will share with the validator because the addresses will change randomly.

Do not hesitate to ask me more questions.

I'm looking at the BTC address 3AiGej11G8jUXvEBPvQKPLiHXC7ruUCp1Z, which holds all of our escrow funds. At the moment, when looking at the Counterparty Chain, there are not 15,000,000 NVOT at this address. I assume the NVOT and NVOS will be distributed from a different address. Someone with address 1MwFAhvczy6kPbtPpqX2gmdFdbBxykq4de already has issuance authority over the NVOT and NVOS tokens. Is the NVO team responsible for this BTC address and why are there so many different token ticker names on the address? Do they plan on working on multiple projects that issue different tokens at the same time if this is their address? That would be a big concern for me.

We already took measures regarding that, and thank you for telling us, in fact NVO isn't related to that address. This address is a scam :1MwFAhvczy6kPbtPpqX2gmdFdbBxykq4de he created many assets on counterparty to try to scam people, please do not send anything that address.

NVO's goal is to remove the need for a third party to maintain customer assets, which is the case today with most exchanges. Thus, it proposes a P2P model for the exchange of crypto-coins and assets. The project was anticipated by the NVO team after observing how the current ecosystem can not meet the needs of the market.
The main advantage of a decentralized exchange is that crypto-derivatives and assets are not held by a third party. They are directly transferred from one owner to another in a P2P model. The NVO exchange is operated through two components:
The first is a multi-crypto-coin wallet, in which all keys are created locally on the user's device and never sent to any server.
Users control their private keys, can send and receive funds, export or encrypt the wallet with a password or SEED phrase. Developers can create and add new features through an open plugin system while keeping the wallet light.

Congratulations, this is exactly what the NVO project is. You can add that it will let the users decide which kind of wallet they want to use.

nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 11:00:16 AM

Hello everyone,
I would like to tell you about a problem that the team has been facing for around 3 days now. A certain person suddenly appeared, named Roboteddy and posted a thread on Reddit with false information and speculation at a time at which none of the developers were available. The CEO of the project had deleted that thread as he wanted to redirect it to Slack, so that Yani or I could answer him. In hindsight, we realized that deleting it, even temporarily, was a mistake. Therefore, we have apologized for this deletion. The user has then threatened to defame us via social media, even though we reauthorized him to post the thread.
I have wasted 48 hours responding to misconceptions from a madman who tried to talk like a developer using erroneous information just in order to give bad feedback to the team. Today, he has allowed himself to defame the project on another subreddit.

I think that many developers from various projects have had enough of certain trolls that were just trying to bother and destroy their projects. This kind of troll manifestation that attempts to mislead newcomers in the Bitcoin and altcoin communities are well known. Despite of everything, we are supposed to welcome them properly by explaining things as they really are.

Therefore, I am calling out any developers, users of both altcoins and Bitcoin to come and evaluate me on the project’s thread in order to correct the image of said project.

I wish the community would be welcomed in the face of such problems. NVO is a project that is on the same spectrum as the policy of Bitcoin, namely decentralized. It is not a blockchain that competes with other blockchains; NVO is trying to bring a plus to all of the blockchains.

Please take this post and this request into consideration.

Thank you all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NVO/comments/6g2wwr/originally_deleted_by_mod_reposting_fundamentally/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6fghd6/thoughts_on_nvo_decentralized_exchange/dipmoyl/?context=3
nor9854

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:16:53 AM

if I buy ico,will I get shares in the income of NVO exchange? What benefit I get?

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 11:53:53 AM

Hello everyone,
I would like to tell you about a problem that the team has been facing for around 3 days now. A certain person suddenly appeared, named Roboteddy and posted a thread on Reddit with false information and speculation at a time at which none of the developers were available. The CEO of the project had deleted that thread as he wanted to redirect it to Slack, so that Yani or I could answer him. In hindsight, we realized that deleting it, even temporarily, was a mistake. Therefore, we have apologized for this deletion. The user has then threatened to defame us via social media, even though we reauthorized him to post the thread.
I have wasted 48 hours responding to misconceptions from a madman who tried to talk like a developer using erroneous information just in order to give bad feedback to the team. Today, he has allowed himself to defame the project on another subreddit.

I think that many developers from various projects have had enough of certain trolls that were just trying to bother and destroy their projects. This kind of troll manifestation that attempts to mislead newcomers in the Bitcoin and altcoin communities are well known. Despite of everything, we are supposed to welcome them properly by explaining things as they really are.

Therefore, I am calling out any developers, users of both altcoins and Bitcoin to come and evaluate me on the project’s thread in order to correct the image of said project.

I wish the community would be welcomed in the face of such problems. NVO is a project that is on the same spectrum as the policy of Bitcoin, namely decentralized. It is not a blockchain that competes with other blockchains; NVO is trying to bring a plus to all of the blockchains.

Please take this post and this request into consideration.

Thank you all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NVO/comments/6g2wwr/originally_deleted_by_mod_reposting_fundamentally/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6fghd6/thoughts_on_nvo_decentralized_exchange/dipmoyl/?context=3

ignore this troll, this project will be amazing and has extreme potential, some hardcore badass crypto guys spoke highly of this project so im sure it will be great
zaemiel

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:45:46 PM

бayнти coц ceти ecть или нeт?oтвeтe плиз

what's you mean ,can you speak english?

я имeю ввeдy твитep и фeйcбyк кoмпaнии ecть? бayнти

Heт, зa coц. ceти бayнти нeт. Бayнти ecть зa пepeвoд и зa пoдпиcи.
Пиши, пoжaлyйcтa, нa aнглийcкoм.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: