Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:42:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169894 times)
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:28:53 PM

If I invest with BTC from my Waveswallet, will I be able to get the NVOs ?
It is stated clear enough in the announcement post that it is preferred (a must) to use a wallet that you own its private keys (I am aware that Waveswallet has a wallet Seed acting like private keys which backs it up, but they are not the same). But you still can get NVOT when they release the NVO wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ChromaticStar

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:36:17 PM

Wow. With all the questions being asked about private keys, I have a feeling a lot of NVOT will be stuck at inaccessible addresses forever. Might want to make sure people actually have a counterparty wallet set up to claim and receive their NVOT before they are sent. I had not used counter party before this crowdfunding, but it makes sense now that I have looked into it.
Orias67

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:37:39 PM

It is stated clear enough in the announcement post that it is preferred (a must) to use a wallet that you own its private keys (I am aware that Waveswallet has a wallet Seed acting like private keys which backs it up, but they are not the same). But you still can get NVOT when they release the NVO wallet.

I'm sorry I'm still new in crypto, I see it every day.

So which Wallet would you recommand me ?

You think NVO wallet will be ready before end of CrowdSale ?

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
belk001

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:41:04 PM

I like the concept and will be following/participating. Don't we still have about 10+ days to join ICO?

Welcome, yes the countdown is on the website, feel free to ask if you have any question.

The counterwallet sweep function has not been working for a long time.

https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterwallet/issues/818

https://counterpartytalk.org/c/support  (One poor guy was trying for 6 months...)

This means no-one will be able to redeem their NVO unless they go through a fairly complex, ten step raw transaction signing procedure.

https://counterpartytalk.org/c/support  (One poor guy was trying for 6 months...)

This means no-one will be able to redeem their NVO unless they go through a fairly complex, ten step raw transaction signing procedure.

What would you recommend? I have been wanting to invest in this but not feeling sure about the process.  I have invested in 2 ico's recently even though i am fairly new to the crypto world.  I understand what is being said to do to invest - just not confident in my abilities since i am a newb - its a little more complex than the other two ico's i invested in.

I would wait for a response from someone from the team. It looks like a good CrowdSale otherwise.

i confirm this, i think the only way will be the nvo wallet when ready (if counterwallet won't be fixed by the time is out)

the simplest solution is create a counterwallet new btc address---) send btc there ---) use the address to send btc to NVO crowdsale

i hope the devs have an alternative

i confirm this, i think the only way will be the nvo wallet when ready (if counterwallet won't be fixed by the time is out)

the simplest solution is create a counterwallet new btc address---) send btc there ---) use the address to send btc to NVO crowdsale

i hope the devs have an alternative

Right .. I did this  .. I hope everything goes well

The issue pointed is about counterwallet, apparently they have some issues with the platform.
It doesn't affect the crowdsale as it is specific to counterwallet, you can do the same process manually (as described in the long 10 steps guide) or wait for the version of NVO and import/sweep your tokens there.

The most important is to backup your private keys.

ok - so i can just leave my nvot in the counterwallet until nvo platform is ready - that works since im not a trader - to much of a newb for that - i just buy and hold - plus i think i read one can be paid dividends on the nvot. Also, is their a slack channel i can sign up for? thanks
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 07:25:53 PM

Wow. With all the questions being asked about private keys, I have a feeling a lot of NVOT will be stuck at inaccessible addresses forever. Might want to make sure people actually have a counterparty wallet set up to claim and receive their NVOT before they are sent. I had not used counter party before this crowdfunding, but it makes sense now that I have looked into it.

The answer is three posts above yours : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1917456.msg19560898#msg19560898
As i said, it is related to counterwallet only, not counterparty which means that NVOT won't be stuck.

I'm sorry I'm still new in crypto, I see it every day.

So which Wallet would you recommand me ?

You think NVO wallet will be ready before end of CrowdSale ?

Use any wallet who provides you private keys of the addresses you use.
That's what the team tries to achieve.

Don't worry for the questions, if you feel lost about the wallet to use, you can join the slack channel where you will get more help.

https://nvoinvite.herokuapp.com/

Quote from: belk001
ok - so i can just leave my nvot in the counterwallet until nvo platform is ready - that works since im not a trader - to much of a newb for that - i just buy and hold - plus i think i read one can be paid dividends on the nvot. Also, is their a slack channel i can sign up for? thanks

Feel free to join the slack channel : https://nvoinvite.herokuapp.com/
*Skyhigh*

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:24:41 PM

So if understand this right and i want to invest with BTC:

1. i create a bitcoin wallet on counterwallet for example
2. i link that bitcoin adress to my personal NVO crowdsale page
3. i send my btc's to 3AiGej11G8jUXvEBPvQKPLiHXC7ruUCp1Z

migello

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:33:32 PM

remember to write down the private key of the counterwallet and store it away
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 11:35:01 PM

3) You invest from that Bitcoin address to the escrow address. Keep in mind that you will get the tokens on that Bitcoin address that you've invested from. This means that you must not use an exchange or web wallet!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:47:22 AM

Cool at least we're not grudging, you're welcome, let me explain how its going to work.

The situation you describe is true in the case where the validator is a single entity hosted on SafeNet, even if in order to get the private keys, one must basically break safenet.

The difference now (and this is a disclosed information) will be run simultaneously from different wallets, each wallet will have its own validator Instance, its job is to verify the orders and the transaction informations. During a trade, if someone manages to get access to its private key, he will be the unique victime of his cheating attempt, as the other instances won't accept his order.

It doesn't means that NVO will allow 0 confirmation bitcoin transactions, at this stage it would be hypotethical, a minimum of 1 block confirmation is required, however, LN integration is a must, as it solves a lot of issues experienced by the DEXs, Segwit will be helpfull too.

Regarding the possibility to send a transaction with low fees, the different validators will check this information too as the minimum will be determined by the validator depending on the network state.

I know about Bitbay and BitHalo, and i understand that you defend your ideas about atomic trading Wink and i appreciate the exchange of idea.

Right, well I'm glad you re-read my response I wasn't attacking you. The problem is, it is not decentralized exchange. Linking 2 of 2 multisig is almost the same as 2 of 3 but slightly more secure.

The validator can SPOOF the buyer or seller and default on their obligation after getting a valid signature.

So the example:

Bob wants to send LTC to Alice for BTC

Bob forms 2 of 2 with unique validator, Alice forms 2 of 2 with unique validator (potentially the same one or not doesn't matter the attack is the same either way).

Bob signs to send LTC under the assumption that Alice will be beholden to being honest by the validator.

The problem? The validator IS ALICE (and potentially the 2nd signature in Bobs tx too).

Bob sends the LTC, Alice doesn't bother to send her BTC in fact she withdraws it and takes Bobs LTC.

This is a pretty serious attack and thus this cannot possibly be decentralized exchange.

Only a lightning network and AT are decentralized exchange (and potentially microtrading in a 2 of 2 double deposit escrow).

Again, I'm not trying to rattle your cage or "insult you". I definitely want more people doing projects that are more secure than modern exchanges. But what you propose in safe network is a series of green addresses 2 of 2 accounts. It doesn't eliminate the risk of theft at all. Thats because the validator could collude with buyer or seller. Whomever runs those servers has a lot of power to spoof deals.
saminer

Activity: 71
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:57:18 AM

Cool at least we're not grudging, you're welcome, let me explain how its going to work.

The situation you describe is true in the case where the validator is a single entity hosted on SafeNet, even if in order to get the private keys, one must basically break safenet.

The difference now (and this is a disclosed information) will be run simultaneously from different wallets, each wallet will have its own validator Instance, its job is to verify the orders and the transaction informations. During a trade, if someone manages to get access to its private key, he will be the unique victime of his cheating attempt, as the other instances won't accept his order.

It doesn't means that NVO will allow 0 confirmation bitcoin transactions, at this stage it would be hypotethical, a minimum of 1 block confirmation is required, however, LN integration is a must, as it solves a lot of issues experienced by the DEXs, Segwit will be helpfull too.

Regarding the possibility to send a transaction with low fees, the different validators will check this information too as the minimum will be determined by the validator depending on the network state.

I know about Bitbay and BitHalo, and i understand that you defend your ideas about atomic trading Wink and i appreciate the exchange of idea.

Right, well I'm glad you re-read my response I wasn't attacking you. The problem is, it is not decentralized exchange. Linking 2 of 2 multisig is almost the same as 2 of 3 but slightly more secure.

The validator can SPOOF the buyer or seller and default on their obligation after getting a valid signature.

So the example:

Bob forms 2 of 2 with unique validator, Alice forms 2 of 2 with unique validator (potentially the same one or not doesn't matter the attack is the same either way).

Bob signs to send LTC under the assumption that Alice will be beholden to being honest by the validator.

The problem? The validator IS ALICE (and potentially the 2nd signature in Bobs tx too).

Bob sends the LTC, Alice doesn't bother to send her BTC in fact she withdraws it and takes Bobs LTC.

This is a pretty serious attack and thus this cannot possibly be decentralized exchange.

Only a lightning network and AT are decentralized exchange (and potentially microtrading in a 2 of 2 double deposit escrow).

Again, I'm not trying to rattle your cage or "insult you". I definitely want more people doing projects that are more secure than modern exchanges. But what you propose in safe network is a series of green addresses 2 of 2 accounts. It doesn't eliminate the risk of theft at all. Thats because the validator could collude with buyer or seller. Whomever runs those servers has a lot of power to spoof deals.

Would love to see Nemgun and dzimbeck cooperate and discuss this issue at length. If there is a serious concern, may be dzimbeck can offer some sort of consulting during dev. Any thoughts?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 06:00:12 AM

is counterwallet site consider a web wallet ?
That's an exception.

No.

Would love to see Nemgun and dzimbeck cooperate and discuss this issue at length. If there is a serious concern, may be dzimbeck can offer some sort of consulting during dev. Any thoughts?
If said user wanted to review the project and give input, they would have contacted nemgun (for example) directly. Said user is not likely interested in that, but has a hidden agenda.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:50:09 AM

I didn't understand how many coins will be for start? "This wallet supports BTC, ETH and XRP" What is next, how we can add our precious coins which we would like to trade as well? NAV, NEOS, BSD, CLOAK, ZEN..Are there some limitation?

You can rent this space
firstboy

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

firstboy

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:56:27 AM

Hi,

I input my blockchain.info bitcoin address in the address field.
Should be no problem right?
Thanks

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 10:57:48 AM

Hi,

I input my blockchain.info bitcoin address in the address field.
Should be no problem right?
Thanks
How many times do I have to write: "Do not use exchanges, web wallets or similar services"? If you use blockchain.info, you are at risk of losing your NVOT. We are not responsible for your own actions.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 01:11:05 PM

So the example:

The validator works as instances, is any instance is broken, the user won'tbe able to realise operations on the exchange.

The problem? The validator IS NOT ALICE (and potentially the 2nd signature in Bobs tx too).

The role of the validators is to check for the validity of informations, the instances won't trust each other and will cancel any order at the first sign of manipulation untill both parties release the funds.
swerk

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:34:00 PM

Hi, how big is the chance of losing NVOT, if I used the blockchain.info wallet
migello

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:49:47 PM

you must have the bitcoin address private key to redeem nvot/s (blockchain.info do not provide the private key)

i think the only option is request help from nvo devs throught slack
TheCookie

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:11:14 PM

Hi,

I just downloaded the NVO Wallet and sent some Bitcoin to it as a test.
But since that the wallet doesnt start anymore, it just stops loading and I can't do anything.
Is there any way to at least get my BTC back?
swerk

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:31:48 PM

Hi,

But since that the wallet doesnt start anymore, it just stops loading and I can't do anything.

I, too, are interested in this issue, since I have replenished with the wrong wallet
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 02:38:05 PM

you must have the bitcoin address private key to redeem nvot/s (blockchain.info do not provide the private key)

i think the only option is request help from nvo devs throught slack
If we can't validate your ownership of the address in time, your tokens will be sent to it and be unspendable (as you don't have the private key).

Hi,

I, too, are interested in this issue, since I have replenished with the wrong wallet
Why would you deposit real money into a demo wallet? That kind of behavior is equivalent to begging for financial loss. Join the Slack team and contact the developers.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: