Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:12:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423215 times)
ipxtreme

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:04:11 PM

I'm not following you.

Quote from: sb
While we are not responsible for fluctuations in the exchange rate, we have chosen to lock the rate to that of Sept. 11th, the day we announced we would be accepting assembly refund requests, in order to attempt to help ease the BTC losses of our customers. The exchange rate will be $126.61 per BTC, based on the price history of Coinbase.

How in the world is it a bad thing that he is refunding at the $126.61 / BTC rate?

I think I mis-interpreted what was written. I interpreted
As such, the refunds will be processed based on the USD price of the units, and remitted in BTC
as the USD value represented in BTC (basically peanuts.) 

I did find it odd the following sentences after about exchange rate. It seems you're right, I hope you're right. Smiley

Let's say you are due a refund of $126.61.  At a rate of $126.61, your refund is 1 BTC.  At a rate of 785.53 (the current price on bitstamp) that's 0.16 BTC.  It's kind of obvious which one is better here...

I can't wait to get off FIAT. When I pay 1 btc for something and get a refund, I get 1 btc back.

BTC tips: 14PkHaJH5GexLG9P7MYxHRNvZeCq2t8DWX
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:14:35 AM

more words just to fool us ... one email now ... than silent 1 month again ... while he got TONS of BTC from us, he will refund us in FIAT, so if u paid , for example 1 BTC, u will get now like 100$, while he will remain with the rest of BTC, good deal for steamboat ...
trigeek

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 01:16:20 AM

more words just to fool us ... one email now ... than silent 1 month again ... while he got TONS of BTC from us, he will refund us in FIAT, so if u paid , for example 1 BTC, u will get now like 100$, while he will remain with the rest of BTC, good deal for steamboat ...

Where does it say anything about refunding us in USD?

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:53:03 AM

Where is Unacceptable?

I was not "part" of anything,I just tried to help folks get their miners,I can in no way help with refunds.That's up to Steamboat  Roll Eyes

That'll learn me  Wink

By all means send a lawyer after me..............I have nothing,so you get nothing  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:59:22 AM

Where does it say anything about refunding us in USD?

haha, u think he will refund your BTC back ? dream on, he will refund u in btc yes, but at the value u paid than, for example, if u paid 1 BTC for 100$, now u will get 0.15 BTC back ... u will ask where is the rest ? in his pocktes Wink
msm595

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:04:59 AM

Where is Unacceptable?

I was not "part" of anything,I just tried to help folks get their miners,I can in no way help with refunds.That's up to Steamboat  Roll Eyes

That'll learn me  Wink

By all means send a lawyer after me..............I have nothing,so you get nothing  Roll Eyes

I wasn't proposing going after you, but instead that you poke steamboat a bit.

Stringchains

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 02:06:19 AM

haha, u think he will refund your BTC back ? dream on, he will refund u in btc yes, but at the value u paid than, for example, if u paid 1 BTC for 100$, now u will get 0.15 BTC back ... u will ask where is the rest ? in his pocktes Wink

Hey Rammy2k2, you must have missed Steamboat's current status update.
He is going to give you your BTC back at the locked value of $126.61 BTC. He is not basing how much he will give you back at current BTC value of $900. So if you paid 1 BTC for 100$ (in your case) he will give back .789 BTC.

The unit cost and payment were priced in USD. This was necessary as while we would like the vendors we work with to accept BTC, that time has not yet come. As such, the refunds will be processed based on the USD price of the units, and remitted in BTC. While we are not responsible for fluctuations in the exchange rate, we have chosen to lock the rate to that of Sept. 11th, the day we announced we would be accepting assembly refund requests, in order to attempt to help ease the BTC losses of our customers. The exchange rate will be $126.61 per BTC, based on the price history of Coinbase.

There are those of us who aren't even money guys, we don't even deal with cash; we don't need it. We look down upon it... We deal with bitcoins. - Stringchains
INVEST 0.035 BTC ----> 1-2 YEARS ----> OVER 50 BTC RETURN
http://www.bitbillions.com/?refid=16oqezxg8gENsgFQrpgCyF8e6Ff3yaFRQJ
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:15:16 AM

Let's go easy on the "Oh wow thanks SB" and "Fantastic news" etc etc

Have heard all this before:

Assembly refunds:

We have been working on the assembly refund process as time permits, and will be sending an email with instructions in the next few days. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Actions speak louder than words ill believe it when the satoshi is in my wallet until then its another delay tactic
trilogy456

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

ASICMINER shares: Havelockinvestments.com

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:07:15 AM

Just got an email from SB (check your inboxes):

Quote from: sb
The refund process is nearing completion. Upon verification of the
database, an email with further information and instructions to process
requests will be sent. Those customers which are eligible should look for
this email next week.

Thank you again for your continued patience.

As I said last week, hang in there folks. I really do think this is all going to be resolved soon. Yes, it has taken a long time and there hasn't been enough communication. But in the end what is important is that SB makes good on the refund deal he offered in December. Call me naive, but I think he is going to.
Yes, but of course it's hard to believe his time estimates/word.  In his refund promise on December 3rd (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192916.msg3803998#msg3803998) he said, "We will be processing the refunds over the course of the next few weeks."  The refund process still hasn't started, and his "few weeks" was 7 weeks, only to give an update saying things will start "next week".

So how long is it going to take if we don't hear "next week", for him to update us and say that there is a delay? Probably a "few" more weeks.

******ASICMINER T U B E - The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far. DISCOVER NOW !!!******
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735728.0/
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:49:19 PM

Just Two More Weeks©!

Sad that it took the threat of legal action, and now more stalling.

I say just keep moving forward with the legal action.
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:46:14 PM

All I'm saying is that if you look at the entire history of this SB has ultimately come through with his promises -- it just takes longer than what everyone wants. I don't think the slowness is because of fraudulent intent. Given how messed up the entire situation is because of Avalon's colossal failure to deliver chips in a timely fashion and how this has resulted in a total failure of SB's business, I'm willing to give the guy some slack.

Note this has been true with both chip refunds and delivery of working miners -- he has come through on those, albeit slower than most would like. I think it will also be true with the refunds. In the next week or so we'll know the outcome.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:02:08 PM

All I'm saying is that if you look at the entire history of this SB has ultimately come through with his promises -- it just takes longer than what everyone wants. I don't think the slowness is because of fraudulent intent. Given how messed up the entire situation is because of Avalon's colossal failure to deliver chips in a timely fashion and how this has resulted in a total failure of SB's business, I'm willing to give the guy some slack.

Note this has been true with both chip refunds and delivery of working miners -- he has come through on those, albeit slower than most would like. I think it will also be true with the refunds. In the next week or so we'll know the outcome.
Two weeks ago you had the same opinion. Why and what is an issue with refunds? What is the problem and obstacle and on what he been working on to need so much time? He has no money of 25% refund or what?

I have paid near of 1 btc 100 usd for intl shipping what he could not have spend whatever i reqest miners or refund.
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:38:16 PM

Two weeks ago you had the same opinion. Why and what is an issue with refunds? What is the problem and obstacle and on what he been working on to need so much time? He has no money of 25% refund or what?

I have paid near of 1 btc 100 usd for intl shipping what he could not have spend whatever i reqest miners or refund.
Two weeks ago I stated what i knew -- nothing has changed in that regard. You can re-read it if you would like. I don't work for him nor am I spending any more of my time trying to contact or communicate with him for others' sake.

I've stated my opinion and I have the patience to wait longer. If you don't then put your big boy pants on and call him yourself.
alfabitcoin

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:40:11 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 05:53:54 PM by alfabitcoin

Two weeks ago I stated what i knew -- nothing has changed in that regard. You can re-read it if you would like. I don't work for him nor am I spending any more of my time trying to contact or communicate with him for others' sake.

I've stated my opinion and I have the patience to wait longer. If you don't then put your big boy pants on and call him yourself.
No offense, i just comented you had the same opinion of waiting for couple of weeks 15 days ago,  nothing else. Only first line were reffered on you. Never called you big boy pants or similar and what you need to do  Roll Eyes
Furher, i can call him only a scared sissy for not doing anything for us.
As eu buyer I can not do anything, not even legal action and I at least wont let this thread go dead.
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:10:14 PM

As eu buyer I can not do anything, not even legal action and I at least wont let this thread go dead.

I wonder if ICPEN would be an option for those buyers outside the U.S.

Here is a link for information on cross-border disputes:
http://icpen.org/for-consumers/do-you-have-a-crossborder-dispute

Or you can report your complaint here:
http://www.econsumer.gov/english/report/overview.shtm

Of course, these steps would be for filing criminal charges only and would not likely yield you a refund. But depending on where you live law enforcement may take action of some kind.

For me personally, Steamboat has bought himself exactly one week. Any longer and I'll begin the process of filing my criminal complaints. I'm done screwing around here.

My understanding of the U.S. legal system is that Avalon's failure to ship in no way relieves SB of his responsibility to us for our assembly and shipping charges. Yes, it's Avalon's fault, no question there. However, we have a contract with Steamboat, NOT BitSynCom (Avalon). We have no contract with, and therefore no case against BitSynCom, but we DO have a contract with Steamboat.

If Steamboat wants to recover his losses, he needs to go after BitSynCom in a lawsuit. WE can't do that for him.

Yeah, it's not ideal. But that's how the system works...

EDIT: combined responses

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Galli

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:13:40 PM

What date and email address did your receive a response from steamboat?  Nothing arrived in my inbox
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:22:21 PM

What date and email address did your receive a response from steamboat?  Nothing arrived in my inbox

Same email address as ones you've received in the past with the subject(s):  11-2 update, Assembly Update, Update.  This one says "Refund Update".  Post time was 4:11pm Eastern (perhaps '411' as in information).  
alfabitcoin

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:26:16 PM

I wonder if ICPEN would be an option for those buyers outside the U.S.

Here is a link for information on cross-border disputes:
http://icpen.org/for-consumers/do-you-have-a-crossborder-dispute

Or you can report your complaint here:
http://www.econsumer.gov/english/report/overview.shtm

Of course, these steps would be for filing criminal charges only and would not likely yield you a refund. But depending on where you live law enforcement may take action of some kind.

For me personally, Steamboat has bought himself exactly one week. Any longer and I'll begin the process of filing my criminal complaints. I'm done screwing around here.

My understanding of the U.S. legal system is that Avalon's failure to ship in no way relieves SB of his responsibility to us for our assembly and shipping charges. Yes, it's Avalon's fault, no question there. However, we have a contract with Steamboat, NOT BitSynCom (Avalon). We have no contract with, and therefore no case against BitSynCom, but we DO have a contract with Steamboat.

If Steamboat wants to recover his losses, he needs to go after BitSynCom in a lawsuit. WE can't do that for him.

Yeah, it's not ideal. But that's how the system works...

EDIT: combined responses
Not only that but steamboat just forwarded bitsyncom chip refund funds less his fee with huge delay. But when he need to refund funds what he got at his own he is nowhere to be found. And hes real work is even more delayed assambled miners. He just have not any valid excuse for his careless.

Edit
Btw thanks cardcomm for the links.
Galli

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:24:20 AM

What date and email address did your receive a response from steamboat?  Nothing arrived in my inbox

Same email address as ones you've received in the past with the subject(s):  11-2 update, Assembly Update, Update.  This one says "Refund Update".  Post time was 4:11pm Eastern (perhaps '411' as in information).  

Found it.. thx!
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:01:26 AM

OOO an update from SB.  Once again though, what about those of us that have hosted miners?  Forget about us did ya?  Still hashing away are they?  When and how exactly do I get MY BTC from MY miners?  FFS man sort this shit out, you're doing nothing to disprove your increasingly likely scammer tag.
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: