Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:22:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423208 times)
TomKeddie

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:49:43 PM

Rev 2 chips are being auctioned.  I suspect SB might have been waiting for these announcements before offering refund options on assembly.  We might hear something now that the options are clearer.

We are pleased to announce the launch of our next auction. BitSyncom is auctioning their Avalon ASIC A3255-Q48 chips: the second generation SHA256 Processor. BitSyncom will be auctioning off 20 reels of 500 chips per reel. Each chip outputs 1.5-1.6 GH/s at a standard 0.9V, with 2.05W consumption. The minimum bid for a single reel will be 24 BTC.

For more detailed information on the A3255-Q48 mining chip, please see Avalon’s Datasheet. This product has already cleared customs and is ready to ship upon the close of the auction.

Bidders who have deposited bitcoin in their Tradehill Auction accounts may begin bidding as of Friday November 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EST. The auction will close on Tuesday November 5, 2013, 2:00 PM EST.

All bidders that have submitted identity documents since the close of the prior auction should have received a response from Tradehill Auction Support either indicating that their account has been approved or detailing additional documentation needs.
For support related to your auction account, please contact auctionsupport@tradehill.com.

For questions related to product specifications or shipping details, please contact support@avalon-asic.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:23:33 PM

It's the information that isn't in this thread we need answers to.  If I ask to have my stuff shipped will anyone even read the message?  All of my other messages have been ignored.  I have received no replies from steamboat since he took my money.  I was never offered a refund.  I have received no offer to have my hardware shipped.

I log on here to find out my orders were supposed to be refunded already and that other people are getting emails from steamboat.  I've asked repeatedly how to get in touch with him because everything I've sent to date has been ignored.

Chad

So basically you're saying the e-mail adress you used to order with is not under your control or does not exist, or you don't check it anymore?

Mine were shipped within 24 hours of sending SB a mail on his asicbuy at gmail.com account asking him to send them. He also responded to a couple questions I had in the same e-mail, so... idk Tongue

Do as the guy above suggests, send a signed message.

That email address is under my control and used on a daily basis.  Nothing I have sent has been replied to.  I have received nothing from steamboat other than a confirmation of my payment.

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:45:41 PM

If you want them shipped, send him an email.  He won't reply except with a tracking number.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:03:57 PM

BTW,I split a 4 pin molex to run all my fans,I don't use the miners fan header.

May I ask why you aren't using the fan header connection ?
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:36:27 PM

Rev 2 chips are being auctioned.  I suspect SB might have been waiting for these announcements before offering refund options on assembly.  We might hear something now that the options are clearer.

I like where this could end up.  I'd pay for new chips.  Waited this long, what's another forever?

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
Rakessh

Activity: 205

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:54:16 PM

And these gen2 chips were pin compatible?

So now we can turn around and order 24GHash miners for 95 bucks a pop + chips?

-
TomKeddie

Activity: 176

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:00:18 PM

And these gen2 chips were pin compatible?

So now we can turn around and order 24GHash miners for 95 bucks a pop + chips?

It seems not, engineering required, new pcbs and at least a few (possibly minor) component changes.
logicbomb666

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 11:34:27 PM

received my miners today. Have to eat dinner then I will see if I can get them mining.

Packaging of the product was extremely professional and way more than enough to keep the components safe.  Good job on the packaging job! (picture was after I opened 1 large box full of peanuts which contained two small boxes with more padding inside them)

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:35:38 PM

Because of the restart issue,having to disconnect the fan from the board when restarting sometimes.Plus,my power draw is from the 4 pin molexs,not the six pin PCIE.Saves me from having to do more math  Cheesy

It may get fixed later,I'm not sure.

BTW,I highly doubt Steamboat will go for anything Avalon ever again,I could be wrong though  Roll Eyes

The gen2 will need a new board,so more money & time.............................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:47:39 PM

We are pleased to announce the launch of our next auction. BitSyncom is auctioning their Avalon ASIC A3255-Q48 chips: the second generation SHA256 Processor. BitSyncom will be auctioning off 20 reels of 500 chips per reel. Each chip outputs 1.5-1.6 GH/s at a standard 0.9V, with 2.05W consumption. The minimum bid for a single reel will be 24 BTC.

For more detailed information on the A3255-Q48 mining chip, please see Avalon’s Datasheet. This product has already cleared customs and is ready to ship upon the close of the auction.

Bidders who have deposited bitcoin in their Tradehill Auction accounts may begin bidding as of Friday November 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EST. The auction will close on Tuesday November 5, 2013, 2:00 PM EST.

All bidders that have submitted identity documents since the close of the prior auction should have received a response from Tradehill Auction Support either indicating that their account has been approved or detailing additional documentation needs.
For support related to your auction account, please contact auctionsupport@tradehill.com.

For questions related to product specifications or shipping details, please contact support@avalon-asic.com.

Fuck Avalon. I'll lose every penny I've got in assembly before I'll buy a single Gen2 Avalon chip.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
cardcomm

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:59:38 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how people aren't able to make decisions for themselves without having every question in the universe answered first.

Sometimes you have to make decisions without having all the bases covered, and you need to trust yourself that you can and will make as correct a decision as you can.

It may be because I've been in mangament several times in various companies that I am able to take a limited set of data and make the most out of it.

This thread is now 183 pages. If you're not able to, based on the information herein, to make a semi-proper decision foryourself without having additional questions answered... pheewweeey...

There is no hand holding in the investment business. Maybe you shouldn't have done it.  Maybe you didn't understand what you were getting into, who's to blame?

I'm of the opinion that ultimately, whatever crap happens to me based on something I decided to get into, is my own fault.  This makes me act and decide things in a certain way down the line, things that hopefully rectifies a shitty situation for myself somewhat. I certainly knew what I was getting into, and I knew it was a gamble... isn't it that which made the project so exciting to follow?

The way I see it; Two options were laid out.  One, get the miner now with the firmware as-is (but fixed hw error), or wait for usb boot loader (which I personally think is impossible to get working).

I went with as is, because I have the knowledge and skill(?) to get hold of and use a PicKit3 to reprogram the pic should it become necessary (ie the usb bootloader is working and there are additional optimizations available).

Sorry if this comes across harsh and or rude or something... I just think it's the way it is at the moment Smiley

If this was directed at me, let me say this:

The only question I personally want answered from Steamboat is "When am I getting my assembly and shipping refunded?"

I HAVE managed to figure out for myself when to bail on this fiasco.

However, there ARE still questions that others need addressed, that really aren't clear from reading the 183 pages.

1. When am I getting my assembly and shipping refunded? - this is the only one I personally care about at this point.

2. What is going on with hosted miners? Not one word has been said about this. I'd expect at least SOME of those who paid for hosting should have had their miners assembled by now. Are they currently hashing? If not, Why not? I thought the data center was already ready.

3. Will there ever be a USB boot loader written? Some people on this forum aren't technical enough to understand the implications of not having a USB boot loader. Also, many of them don't realize yet that a PIC 16 boot loader MAY NEVER BE COMPLETED. I think it's reasonable to expect Steamboat to provide some clarity into this. (I've been trying to nicely say for days now that I don't think a PIC16 boot loader is an easy task, or a possible one.)

So no, I don't expect "Hand Holding". I just want timely answers to reasonable questions and I'm not afraid to demand them.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Rakessh

Activity: 205

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:25:59 AM

--snip--

The only question I personally want answered from Steamboat is "When am I getting my assembly and shipping refunded?"

However, there ARE still questions that others need addressed, that really aren't clear from reading the 183 pages.

1. When am I getting my assembly and shipping refunded? - this is the only one I personally care about at this point.

2. What is going on with hosted miners? Not one word has been said about this. I'd expect at least SOME of those who paid for hosting should have had their miners assembled by now. Are they currently hashing? If not, Why not? I thought the data center was already ready.

3. Will there ever be a USB boot loader written? Some people on this forum aren't technical enough to understand the implications of not having a USB boot loader. Also, many of them don't realize yet that a PIC 16 boot loader MAY NEVER BE COMPLETED. I think it's reasonable to expect Steamboat to provide some clarity into this. (I've been trying to nicely say for days now that I don't think a PIC16 boot loader is an easy task, or a possible one.)

So no, I don't expect "Hand Holding". I just want timely answers to reasonable questions and I'm not afraid to demand them.

It was not directed at anyone specifically. It was specifically directed at anyone Wink

Anyway, I see you're not one to give up easily, and that is good. But I also see you asking the same question 10 times or more in this thread. Unfortunately SB stopped posting and answering questions direct with individuals in this thread a long time ago. You may have noticed?

I don't think you will have a timely answer to any of your questions, and so you should probably make the best decision you can for yourself, based on what information that *is* available.

That however is just my humble 2 satoshi Smiley

And yes, I agree a USB bootloader cannot be completed in a timely manner. The ship has already sailed as it were.

-
cardcomm

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:21:40 AM

--snip--

It was not directed at anyone specifically. It was specifically directed at anyone Wink

Anyway, I see you're not one to give up easily, and that is good. But I also see you asking the same question 10 times or more in this thread. Unfortunately SB stopped posting and answering questions direct with individuals in this thread a long time ago. You may have noticed?

I don't think you will have a timely answer to any of your questions, and so you should probably make the best decision you can for yourself, based on what information that *is* available.

That however is just my humble 2 satoshi Smiley

And yes, I agree a USB bootloader cannot be completed in a timely manner. The ship has already sailed as it were.

I've already made my decision. I got a chip refund and I now want my assembly/shipping refund.

I'm asking the same questions 10 times because Steamboat owes this forum thread answers. Yes, I HAVE noticed that Steamboat has essentially stopped posting to this thread. It isn't a matter of him not answering individuals. It's a matter of him not answering questions that countless individuals have brought up. I'm simply being persistent in asking the common questions that people need answered.

There is no excuse whatsoever for SB refusing to keep us all updated. It pisses me off seeing people with legitimate questions getting the brush off.

So yeah, I'm gonna keep on asking the same questions because we deserve the answers. Feel free to use the ignore feature.

BTW, once I get my long past due assembly refund I won't bother anyone here again.

logicbomb666

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 01:27:34 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 02:37:55 AM by logicbomb666

Anyone know of a noob friendly guide to getting these miners to work in windows?  Grin

-edit: My issue is that I cannot get cgminer to recognize the K16s are there.  I got them listed in Device Manager ready to go with WinUSB driver.  No errors in Cgminer, its as if the dont exist.

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:14:03 AM

Because of the restart issue,having to disconnect the fan from the board when restarting sometimes.

Damnit. It's not sometimes for me. It's a 100% consistency Sad Oh well. Makes restarting and troubleshooting a bunch of K16's a real pain in the ass...

Good to know it's not just me. How many fans are you able to drive off a single molex line if I were to make one big-ass chain ? I might need to re-do my setup due to this restart issue Sad
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:50:31 AM

The fans don't use much power so I think you could connect at least 20 fans to one molex.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:12:23 AM

Because of the restart issue,having to disconnect the fan from the board when restarting sometimes.

Damnit. It's not sometimes for me. It's a 100% consistency Sad Oh well. Makes restarting and troubleshooting a bunch of K16's a real pain in the ass...

Good to know it's not just me. How many fans are you able to drive off a single molex line if I were to make one big-ass chain ? I might need to re-do my setup due to this restart issue Sad

Here is a cable I made from old PSU's,it powers 2 with the 4pin (I have splitters to add even more on those 2) & 2 more on the fan cable.The 2 white ends let me use a HDD or CD/DVD rom & still have connections left.

Frozencpu.com sells the female ends,be sure to get the pins too,they are not included  Wink  

As for how many,each fan draws x wattage just add em up,maybe 10 to 20 regular case fans,depending on your PSU 12 volt line wattage amount  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bakal

Activity: 245

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:19:22 AM

any news on hosting? like hosting the things with fans that hashes?
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:23:20 AM

any news on hosting? like hosting the things with fans that hashes?

He's working on it  Wink Should have some info very soon  Cool

jesse11

Activity: 333

Ants Rock

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:40:24 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 04:19:53 AM by jesse11

Anyone know of a noob friendly guide to getting these miners to work in windows?  Grin

-edit: My issue is that I cannot get cgminer to recognize the K16s are there.  I got them listed in Device Manager ready to go with WinUSB driver.  No errors in Cgminer, its as if the dont exist.

Hey Bomb & Xian01,  Download this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg3441543#msg3441543  then copy & paste it into cgminer folder (copy & replace) start cgminer and you should see your K16's. I ran tests in my main rig first before moving them

to my old server running my ASIC USB Miners:  Grin

I built a box and put some fans in it for keeping them cool when I overclock them  Grin

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: