Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:14:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
RogueLeader

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:35:55 AM

When my shipment of Klondikes came, I ran out to the nearest discount store and grabbed a handful of iHome 4-port hubs for five bucks each.  It'd be nicer to have fewer hubs, but they are doing the job all the same.  FWIW, some of them are connected to USB3 ports on the host PC.

I recompiled cgminer 3.7.2 with line ~63 changed to:
Code:
#define KLN_KILLWORK_TEMP   61.5 
and now my miners are no longer getting temperature-throttled by cgminer, been running rock solid all day at 350 MHz.  My temps are hovering in the low-to-mid 50s, so the recompile was necessary for me.  Might experiment with further OC'ing in the near future.

I also modified line ~1023 to:
Code:
                                applog(LOG_INFO, "%s%i:%d went idle before work was sent",
I was not infrequently seeing that message from cgminer. It seems important but I noticed my effective hashrate hasn't been negatively impacted.  It was coming often enough to really muck up my logfile, so I disabled it by giving it LOG_INFO priority, instead of LOG_WARNING.  Anyone else seeing a lot of this message?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rascal777

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:18:34 AM

"%s%i:%d went idle before work was sent"

I am seeing a lot of this message and was wondering if it would be worth it to recompile with better parameters, if the hash rate would be affected.

Basically the way that I understand it, is that the pending work buffers on the klondike were empty when new work was sent to the Klondike.  So essentially the K16 was either busy working on the last work sent, or was sitting idle waiting for new work.

BTC TIPS  19n2ienyueN4RiC38KFSZMQMgrNLgu9Uuc
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:50:56 AM

If time is of the essence because of the btc  to usd rate then arbitrage right now.   Say you expect to get $1000  refund,  just buy $1000  in  Bitcoins and then when you get the refund sell those to usd.

Little too late for that. Why should we bear the brunt of the price increase when we've been waiting for months for our refunds?

I saw this same scenario play out when bASIC collapsed.

Everywhere I look people are getting scammed out of BTC, having them stolen, or other wise losing them in unanticipated ways. Whats the latest, lots of people losing money because Inputs.io was hacked?

It's getting really tiresome. I'll admit I'm increasingly disillusioned with BTC in it's current form. Once I get my "small change" back from the assembly leftovers here, I'll prolly give BTC a break for a while.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
zipiju

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:45:50 AM

When my shipment of Klondikes came, I ran out to the nearest discount store and grabbed a handful of iHome 4-port hubs for five bucks each.  It'd be nicer to have fewer hubs, but they are doing the job all the same.  FWIW, some of them are connected to USB3 ports on the host PC.

Code:
and now my miners are no longer getting temperature-throttled by cgminer, been running rock solid all day at 350 MHz.  My temps are hovering in the low-to-mid 50s, so the recompile was necessary for me.  Might experiment with further OC'ing in the near future.

Code:
I was not infrequently seeing that message from cgminer. It seems important but I noticed my effective hashrate hasn't been negatively impacted.  It was coming often enough to really muck up my logfile, so I disabled it by giving it LOG_INFO priority, instead of LOG_WARNING.  Anyone else seeing a lot of this message?

Guys, you can significantly reduce the "went idle" states by modifying two defines in cgm driver. I've talked about that in K16 thread, but if anyone missed it there, check http://projectklondike.org/how-to-run#went-idle.

Be sure to check out http://projectklondike.org/ site
1CKscJAxjdhbJjJPJ9AzL2dWTmB6oc49UE
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 04:39:10 PM

Any one else receive their miners with a rather messy paste job?

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:45:11 PM

Well,it took several "rearrangements" to get the temps down,but I FINALLY got em working in Win7 with just a bat file  Grin

This is what worked,I LOVE Zipties  Cheesy  :

I get those "went idle before work was sent" things too,but dosen't seem to bother my pool hashrate......................

Finally found a use for those old Floppy drives  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
logicbomb666

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 12:25:45 AM

nice idea for stacking/arrangement. I might have to set mine up like that too.

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 02:33:31 AM

Steamboat, will you please allow the transfer of assembly services so that more boards can be produced at a lower price?

RogueLeader

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:11:33 AM

Code:

Code:

Guys, you can significantly reduce the "went idle" states by modifying two defines in cgm driver. I've talked about that in K16 thread, but if anyone missed it there, check http://projectklondike.org/how-to-run#went-idle.

That's great, thanks!
rascal777

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:18:32 AM

SO, what would be the cause of the K16 only putting out hardware errors?

I have a couple like that.  Any ideas?

chadtn

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:22:25 AM

SO, what would be the cause of the K16 only putting out hardware errors?

I have a couple like that.  Any ideas?

Mine did that once when I was in the process of setting them up.  Power cycling fixed the problem and I haven't had it happen again.  They can be a pain getting to run some times.  Any time I stop mining on them I have to power cycle and reconnect the fans or I just get connection errors.

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
RogueLeader

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:19:54 AM

Yep, any time a unit just spits HW errors upon starting, I disconnect its power cable and let it sit for a couple minutes.  When I reconnect it (and dis/reconnect fan), it hashes just fine.  This can be done without restarting cgminer, so if you have other units, they can hash away during the waiting period.  It probably happens 5-10% of the time, but only at the outset of a mining session; long mining uptime is key to minimizing this extra effort.
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:45:00 AM

Just out of curiosity, is anyone selling their assembled miners? Wondering what they are selling for, if at all.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 09:06:58 AM

Just out of curiosity, is anyone selling their assembled miners? Wondering what they are selling for, if at all.

Going for about £140 on ebay as far as I can tell. That was not with the miners actually in hand, may be slightly more. I'm selling one or two to cover the import duty and subsidize the assembly costs and then gonna mine with the remaining ones for fun.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
intense

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:46:39 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've gathered from following this thread regarding the assembly / parts / shipping refunds.

Before avalon delayed their chip orders (by selling them to the Chinese instead of those who paid for them, the difficulty increase supports this theory) and crushed any potential of profits for us, steamboat was busy organizing parts in advance so that there would be minimal down time between receiving the chips and getting the miners out the door and on their way.

So all of those who didn't opt for a refund and got their k16's would have had them assembled using this stock pile of parts.

What we need to know is how many parts were prepaid in advance, how many have been used to create the shipped k16's and what is the difference, if stock has run out that's good news for those of us who have opted for a refund as the paid btc would not have been cashed in and should still remain.

So what is the best course of action from here?

I and everyone else in this group buy would like to see the numbers:

How many parts were purchased / stockpiled in anticipation of the avalon chips arriving?
How many k16's have been assembled and shipped using these parts?
Was assembly prepaid? If so, how many units were prepaid for assembly and how many have been shipped?

Whatever the remaining balance should be divided up amongst all of those who opted for a chip refund and also paid for parts / assembly / hosting / shipping.
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:56:17 AM

Personally I'd just like to know why fuck my miner isn't sat in the hosted datacenter hashing away.  This whole group buy is a joke. 
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:26:10 PM

AFAIk, Steamboat bought parts for 3000 miners but sold only 2400 before this whole debacle, so he already lost on 1/5th before refunds.

I hope what he's doing is selling back the parts on the open market or getting RMA's from his suppliers (you usually can do that on parts that are still followed in stock, YMMV).
rascal777

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:56:12 PM

Mine did that once when I was in the process of setting them up.  Power cycling fixed the problem and I haven't had it happen again.  They can be a pain getting to run some times.  Any time I stop mining on them I have to power cycle and reconnect the fans or I just get connection errors.

Chad

Yep, any time a unit just spits HW errors upon starting, I disconnect its power cable and let it sit for a couple minutes.  When I reconnect it (and dis/reconnect fan), it hashes just fine.  This can be done without restarting cgminer, so if you have other units, they can hash away during the waiting period.  It probably happens 5-10% of the time, but only at the outset of a mining session; long mining uptime is key to minimizing this extra effort.

Cycling the power and reconnecting the fans as well as doing all this after restarting cgminer doesn't work for me.

I have 7 on a machine, maybe there is a driver limit to how many I can connect?  I'm going to try and just plug up the ones that have 100% hardware errors...

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Has steamboat posted recently?

I'm trying to catch up on some of the 'older' companies on my list, trying to figure out what everyone is up to.  I realize none of the listed items are in stock, and I am trying to figure out what I can remove from the main list.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 03:06:10 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've gathered from following this thread regarding the assembly / parts / shipping refunds.

Before avalon delayed their chip orders (by selling them to the Chinese instead of those who paid for them, the difficulty increase supports this theory) and crushed any potential of profits for us, steamboat was busy organizing parts in advance so that there would be minimal down time between receiving the chips and getting the miners out the door and on their way.

So all of those who didn't opt for a refund and got their k16's would have had them assembled using this stock pile of parts.

What we need to know is how many parts were prepaid in advance, how many have been used to create the shipped k16's and what is the difference, if stock has run out that's good news for those of us who have opted for a refund as the paid btc would not have been cashed in and should still remain.

So what is the best course of action from here?

I and everyone else in this group buy would like to see the numbers:

How many parts were purchased / stockpiled in anticipation of the avalon chips arriving?
How many k16's have been assembled and shipped using these parts?
Was assembly prepaid? If so, how many units were prepaid for assembly and how many have been shipped?

Whatever the remaining balance should be divided up amongst all of those who opted for a chip refund and also paid for parts / assembly / hosting / shipping.

+1

Good luck with getting that kind of transparency though. I fully expect SB et al priorities are on covering their costs and clawing out a small amount of profit for themselves. Screw the people that wanted refunds and ended up with miners. At least that's my conclusion.

I have no problem with covering their costs, and I wouldn't have minded taking a hit for all the guys that helped make this possible, until I was cut off from getting a refund. It's probably too much to expect getting anything back from this outside of what has been stated. SB could have repeatedly salvaged this, but has made some strange and downright bad decisions.

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised though.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: