Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:46:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:38:18 AM

Unacceptable...Since you seem to have Steamboat's ear can you explain why we are being ignored?  I have received no communication from him and my e-mails have not been returned.  He obviously knows that the forum is howling for information, but there have been no updates for over a month now.

I can't understand the thought process that tells someone to act this way.  It appears he is still working on the miners from your pictures, but his lack of communication screams scam artist.

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:52:31 AM

The "ignore" is not intentional,he's busy as hell gettin this firmware/bootloader working.

As far as a"scam" is concerned,go over to Terrahash's thread & see how its done by a professional  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
chadtn

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:47:58 AM

The "ignore" is not intentional,he's busy as hell gettin this firmware/bootloader working.

As far as a"scam" is concerned,go over to Terrahash's thread & see how its done by a professional  Roll Eyes

If it weren't for you I would have definitely labeled this a scam by now.  No communication for more than a month just doesn't make any sense.  I appreciate all of the work he is doing to make things right.  Yifu disappearing with the chips, then BKKcoins disappearing and leaving the boards unfinished are not Steamboat's fault.  I really respect the fact that he took on the workload and is making progress.  Solely because of this I would consider buying from him again if he decides to produce another board in the future.  It's the silence on his end that leaves me so worried I'm being too gullible.

Chad

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:04:28 AM

Trying to debug hardware and firmware design at the same time as trying to manufacture and test a product is not fun.
This project has taken its toll on everyone involved some more that others.
Hopefully Bkkcoins is OK and everyone else survives.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:01:14 AM

If it weren't for you I would have definitely labeled this a scam by now.  No communication for more than a month just doesn't make any sense.  I appreciate all of the work he is doing to make things right.  Yifu disappearing with the chips, then BKKcoins disappearing and leaving the boards unfinished are not Steamboat's fault.  I really respect the fact that he took on the workload and is making progress.  Solely because of this I would consider buying from him again if he decides to produce another board in the future.  It's the silence on his end that leaves me so worried I'm being too gullible.

Chad

Well....thanks  Grin  Everytime I chat or see him I ask if I can post info & he tells me what I can post.I am only too happy to help  Cool

Don't forget he has a real life too & like you said,due to the Y I FU BS & BKKcoins going MIA (I hope he's ok,he is in Thailand,where you can get arrested for any number of small infractions) hes been goin bonkers trying to salvage this fiasco as best he can.He does have more "plans" coming,he'll elude to those soon.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:10:34 AM

Chad

Well....thanks  Grin  Everytime I chat or see him I ask if I can post info & he tells me what I can post.I am only too happy to help  Cool

Don't forget he has a real life too & like you said,due to the Y I FU BS & BKKcoins going MIA (I hope he's ok,he is in Thailand,where you can get arrested for any number of small infractions) hes been goin bonkers trying to salvage this fiasco as best he can.He does have more "plans" coming,he'll elude to those soon.

It wont matter, if difficulty keeps going up, im estimating by christmas electricity will cost more than mining
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:22:14 AM

Thanks for the update. So I guess this means the bootloader is a bust or these would be shipping already? The error rate doesn't seem to have changed since over a month ago, safe to assume hardware issue at this point? What are the new versions of cgminer giving?

He's still workin on the bootloader,I have no idea how far along its development is,kinda hinted he was really close though  Wink

I have not tried newer versions of CGminer yet,gonna do that this weekend & I'll post pics of the results.

Yes I keep putting updates for it into cgminer Smiley
Latest 3.6.4 has everything done to date.
All updates go via my git then usually pretty quickly into master cgminer when I get around to committing them
(usually after a bit more testing if there is anything that requires it before it's in the master cgminer)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
chadtn

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:37:11 AM

I just got done building 3.6.4 on my Rpi with --klondike enabled.  It's working perfectly with my block errupters so far.  I'm eagerly awaiting new hardware to test out.  heh..

I'm a Linux noob, but I've been trying to keep up with the cgminer thread.  Should I still be using libusb rc 10?  I've been reading about an updated libusbx, but wasn't sure if that only pertains to Windows.

Chad

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:21:36 AM

Thanks for the update. So I guess this means the bootloader is a bust or these would be shipping already? The error rate doesn't seem to have changed since over a month ago, safe to assume hardware issue at this point? What are the new versions of cgminer giving?

He's still workin on the bootloader,I have no idea how far along its development is,kinda hinted he was really close though  Wink

I have not tried newer versions of CGminer yet,gonna do that this weekend & I'll post pics of the results.

All updates go via my git then usually pretty quickly into master cgminer when I get around to committing them
(usually after a bit more testing if there is anything that requires it before it's in the master cgminer)

Awesome Kano & thanks for your hard work gettin these mining  Grin  You think this will work in Windows with a bat file  Huh  In other words,no compiling.

My software skills suck in Ubuntu,but I can do a bat file in Windows in seconds  Cheesy

kano
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:23:50 PM

I just got done building 3.6.4 on my Rpi with --klondike enabled.  It's working perfectly with my block errupters so far.  I'm eagerly awaiting new hardware to test out.  heh..

I'm a Linux noob, but I've been trying to keep up with the cgminer thread.  Should I still be using libusb rc 10?  I've been reading about an updated libusbx, but wasn't sure if that only pertains to Windows.

Chad
No, it turns out libusbx is even worse than libusb.
cgminer has the preferred version of libusb as part of it for a while now ...
ckolvias tried libusbx for a short while but we've gone back to libusb now.
He rewrote all the timing code in libusb and put it in cgminer and thus it now calls all the async libusb code - removing the sync->async code in libusb that was best in rc10 than any other version, but turns out still not to be 100%.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:26:11 PM

Awesome Kano & thanks for your hard work gettin these mining  Grin  You think this will work in Windows with a bat file  Huh  In other words,no compiling.

My software skills suck in Ubuntu,but I can do a bat file in Windows in seconds  Cheesy
I've not tried my KLNs on windows.
But if the libusb cgminer problems now work on windows (there have been a few hiccoughs lately) then the KLNs should be fine there also.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:57:55 AM

Well,I installed the zadig driver & windows recognized the K16,but cgminer still dosen't see the device,hmm.....

Tried to update my Ubuntu to cgminer 3.6.4,but have no idea how to uninstall the old version of cgminer to install newer version  Roll Eyes

I am very much a noob at this compiling thing & Ubuntu...........oh well,should have gone to colledge  Cheesy

fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:06:58 AM

Newegg has the Rosewill RHUB-300 2.0 7 port HUB on sale for 13.99.
This should work with a RasPi and the KLN miners.
It only has a 2 amp power supply so I wouldn't use it for Block Erupters.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:42:05 PM

Well,I installed the zadig driver & windows recognized the K16,but cgminer still dosen't see the device,hmm.....

Tried to update my Ubuntu to cgminer 3.6.4,but have no idea how to uninstall the old version of cgminer to install newer version  Roll Eyes

I am very much a noob at this compiling thing & Ubuntu...........oh well,should have gone to colledge  Cheesy

There's no uninstalling cgminer.  Just delete the old directory.  You don't even have to do that because the new version will have a different directory name.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:52:28 AM

Chad

Is there a way to know what's going on? Is SB building the miners in volume (as opposed to a few in the lab), are they hashing (even at 25% HW error rate), what's going on with hosting, future projects etc.

It would be great if you could relay some of this info.

Cheers.
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:58:35 PM

What's up? Chips should've arrived weeks ago, no sign of miners being shipped nor chips being refunded.

Also make sure, if you get high error rates, you are using small enough caps on the signaling/data lines.

-
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:48:32 PM

What's up? Chips should've arrived weeks ago, no sign of miners being shipped nor chips being refunded.

Also make sure, if you get high error rates, you are using small enough caps on the signaling/data lines.
Today sounds like a great day for an update, would love for us all to get our miners this week if possible.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:14:09 PM

Today sounds like a great day for an update, would love for us all to get our miners this week if possible.

i doubt ...
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 06:29:01 PM

By now we have all lost more $ than a pic programming unit would have cost? If errors are still at 28%, at what point do we just want the miners? Difficulty is EXPLODING. I appreciate the desire to ship a 4.5gh/s unit, but for reals... we need to be mining. We've lost weeks already with the firmware/bootloader.  Sad

Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:44:57 PM

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”

Unfortunately I think BkkCoins should have used the Pic18 and the 25 amp buck reg instead of the pic16 and 16 amp buck reg.

I think he also under estimated the power draw on the 3.3v line.

But in a sense we're approaching perfection anyway, because there will be almost no bitcoin to 'take away' with these babies :-P

-
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: