Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:00:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:12:08 PM

SB ... i gave u all my respect and all that in the past ... until now ... really .. we all trusted u and sent you OWN money ... is that hard for u to write a small update for us ? I dont buy that i'm busy" crap ... u can write us an update while u're on toilet .. driving .. or eating ... takes u 2 damn minutes ...
i requested refund .. no refund ... we ask u here updated ... u dont care ...  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:13:33 PM

He is responding to emails and is building our miners and troubleshooting the bootloader and firmware with kano.  Should ship imminently, I assure you he is busy working on our stuff and will respond soon.
ionstorm

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:15:39 PM

I do however wish he would refund a few of us, or ship us something extra for the delays.
logicbomb666

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 03:09:53 PM

SB ... i gave u all my respect and all that in the past ... until now ... really .. we all trusted u and sent you OWN money ... is that hard for u to write a small update for us ? I dont buy that i'm busy" crap ... u can write us an update while u're on toilet .. driving .. or eating ... takes u 2 damn minutes ...
i requested refund .. no refund ... we ask u here updated ... u dont care ...  Angry

By now you should realize these "2 minute" updates are never going to happen.  They are not going to happen because a 2 minute update will potentially cause all kinds of hell for steamboat in the future.  If he misspeaks even the smallest of details inappropriately, he will be giving everyone fuel for all types of negative action and batshit craziness.

Every single update from anyone who takes this bitcoin business serious will be nitpicked like crazy, will take well over 30 minutes to create even the smallest update, and will be looked over with a fine tooth comb.  Same thing happens with all types of business.  Knowledge is power, and stating incorrect facts in error cause huge problems.

By now everyone should have figured this out on their own. 

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 03:32:45 PM

By now you should realize these "2 minute" updates are never going to happen.  They are not going to happen because a 2 minute update will potentially cause all kinds of hell for steamboat in the future.  If he misspeaks even the smallest of details inappropriately, he will be giving everyone fuel for all types of negative action and batshit craziness.

Every single update from anyone who takes this bitcoin business serious will be nitpicked like crazy, will take well over 30 minutes to create even the smallest update, and will be looked over with a fine tooth comb.  Same thing happens with all types of business.  Knowledge is power, and stating incorrect facts in error cause huge problems.

By now everyone should have figured this out on their own. 

Yup. I think the next update will be tracking numbers.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:21:18 PM

I'm "officially" the cutoff customer, as per SB's email. The "official" refund request is "16/09" (between " " because I *think* I submitted it before, but hey, I might be wrong).

I got an email yesterday saying I would get a refund for 450 chips (I ordered 904) and saying assembly is starting - but I also have 54 miners, fully assembled + hosting, paid for and still no news regarding the amount of the refund for those.

If anyone is interested, PM me with a reasonable offer. I'm looking at min 1BTC per miner, chips for free.

That's rough, I also had a large order (485 chips 30 miners) and feel for you. On the bright side at least you got the 450 back so that's some recovery.

Given the amount of hash power coming online soon from KnC, CoinTerra, Bitfury, etc., etc., etc. I'm beginning to think that mining will become unprofitable in the next 6 months for ASIC chips of any efficiency. Not just ROI on the capital cost for a miner, but breakeven cost with electricity. If the hash rate goes up another 100x from here even 28nm ASICs start to operate at a loss.

At that point I'm not sure what will happen, even the large professional mining pools are in trouble. I think two things will happen: 1) ASIC vendors will will not be able to sell and stop producing chips, and 2) Many people will sell miners on the cheap.

I'm beginning to think that this is the time to get back in, buy unprofitable miners on the cheap and then either run at a slight loss or just wait for a BTC price spike and turn on then.

Duetschpire

Activity: 368

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 07:45:23 PM

I'm "officially" the cutoff customer, as per SB's email. The "official" refund request is "16/09" (between " " because I *think* I submitted it before, but hey, I might be wrong).

I got an email yesterday saying I would get a refund for 450 chips (I ordered 904) and saying assembly is starting - but I also have 54 miners, fully assembled + hosting, paid for and still no news regarding the amount of the refund for those.

If anyone is interested, PM me with a reasonable offer. I'm looking at min 1BTC per miner, chips for free.

That's rough, I also had a large order (485 chips 30 miners) and feel for you. On the bright side at least you got the 450 back so that's some recovery.

Given the amount of hash power coming online soon from KnC, CoinTerra, Bitfury, etc., etc., etc. I'm beginning to think that mining will become unprofitable in the next 6 months for ASIC chips of any efficiency. Not just ROI on the capital cost for a miner, but breakeven cost with electricity. If the hash rate goes up another 100x from here even 28nm ASICs start to operate at a loss.

At that point I'm not sure what will happen, even the large professional mining pools are in trouble. I think two things will happen: 1) ASIC vendors will will not be able to sell and stop producing chips, and 2) Many people will sell miners on the cheap.

I'm beginning to think that this is the time to get back in, buy unprofitable miners on the cheap and then either run at a slight loss or just wait for a BTC price spike and turn on then.

Mine at a loss, wait for BTC to spike (double), dump the hell out of them and buy some miners from a trusted source

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:13:56 PM

"Mine at a loss".  Now that's a winning business plan.

bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:18:17 PM

It's a "lose-less" business plan, as opposed to the "lose-more" business plan of just selling them.  This assumes of course you could offload these bad boys on the next spike of bitcoin interest.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 09:13:11 PM

FYI, got this today. I'm in batch 1, paid for express shipping. Maybe I'll have them early next week?

L---,

Assembly is underway on your three tested rigs. (web invoice 127 order 139)

At your service,

Z---

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM, <---------@gmail.com> wrote:
S-----,
I see no refund coins or shipping info. Updates?

Thanks,
E---

Duetschpire

Activity: 368

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 10:13:18 PM

It's a "lose-less" business plan, as opposed to the "lose-more" business plan of just selling them.  This assumes of course you could offload these bad boys on the next spike of bitcoin interest.

True, If I'm to sell 5 miners now I'd be lucky to get 5 BTC for them. I wouldn't wanna pay more than 3 BTC for the lot if I was buying.

"Mining at a loss" doesn't mean you're running your rigs, using power and getting no returns. Even if so, and this is the worst case scenario.. a $1/day on electricity isn't gonna risk your ars going bankrupt. But if you lose $356/year, and still make yourself 0.01 BTC/day that's 3.56 BTC, which in a year (I Hope) would be worth $500... Better than selling them now for a total of $400 isn't it??

hoss

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:16:42 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2013, 03:20:59 AM by hoss

"Mine at a loss".  Now that's a winning business plan.

It's a "lose-less" business plan, as opposed to the "lose-more" business plan of just selling them.  This assumes of course you could offload these bad boys on the next spike of bitcoin interest.

True, If I'm to sell 5 miners now I'd be lucky to get 5 BTC for them. I wouldn't wanna pay more than 3 BTC for the lot if I was buying.

"Mining at a loss" doesn't mean you're running your rigs, using power and getting no returns. Even if so, and this is the worst case scenario.. a $1/day on electricity isn't gonna risk your ars going bankrupt. But if you lose $356/year, and still make yourself 0.01 BTC/day that's 3.56 BTC, which in a year (I Hope) would be worth $500... Better than selling them now for a total of $400 isn't it??

Well you had me at .01BTC/day - but that's where your wrong.
per - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah7ZJVoobFY7dDRGQk1kdmJmaUJwZENKZUdNejJlWEE&usp=sharing#gid=0
(the red section below the green) clearly shows that if you have miners by next difficulty you will be @ .0096 per day.
How fast until say .005? well this sheet, which has so far under predicted difficulty (eg real difficulty is worse than sheet originally predicted), shows that should happen in ~5 difficulty jumps (~55days)  so like December some time. Also the sheet shows a running total at the bottom of the red section - you would be hard pressed to ever get 1BTC out of one rig before end of life.

3 ... 2 ... 1 rebut

TheXev

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:39:02 AM

I am still waiting for my batch 7 refund.
ionstorm

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 01:19:37 AM

Sorry to say but, refunds are done and you won't get one.
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 02:45:35 AM

Sorry to say but, refunds are done and you won't get one.

Batch 7 was the batch that got cancelled before it was ever completed. That batch should be refunded in full long before there was talk about cancelling any of the other batches.

However, I believe the guy is merely trolling.  So unless he coughs up some 'evidence' of even posting an order, his post is a pile of stinkin poo Wink

-
hoss

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 03:22:44 AM

Troll and ignored - that's just ridicules at this point
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 03:04:34 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have anything back. I don't know what's the hold out either, as "refunds have been processed".

What happened to your order, did you get a refund?
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 07:16:27 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have anything back. I don't know what's the hold out either, as "refunds have been processed".

What happened to your order, did you get a refund?

Yes, I received the refund for the chips (you can check the refund tracking thread), but like others am in limbo over the assembly cost. So, so far only 45% recovery...

Still shocked Yifu bothered to ship the chips at all instead of refunding everyone, considering how inefficient Avalon ASICs are compared to other designs it won't make sense to even turn them on a little bit.

My hope is SB runs another group assembly run with Bitfury or other chips. I just got 1 Drillbit board from that groupbuy, not much but I wanted some hardware for fun, doubt it will ever pay off. But at some point an ASIC chip vendor is going to sell worthwhile chips at a reasonable price, and I hope to use my assembly components/etc from this canceled order then.
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:10:10 AM

Yes, I received the refund for the chips (you can check the refund tracking thread), but like others am in limbo over the assembly cost. So, so far only 45% recovery...

Still shocked Yifu bothered to ship the chips at all instead of refunding everyone, considering how inefficient Avalon ASICs are compared to other designs it won't make sense to even turn them on a little bit.

Actually, I think he WOULD have refunded all batches had SB acted quickly enough to submit the requests. For some reason he insisted that "no one would be forced to take a refund", then delayed until it was too late to request refunds for all batches.

I'm sure he did that because people kept screaming they wanted their miners, and also because his business model depended on assembling miners, not refunding chips.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:38:05 AM

My hope is SB runs another group assembly run with Bitfury or other chips. I just got 1 Drillbit board from that groupbuy, not much but I wanted some hardware for fun, doubt it will ever pay off. But at some point an ASIC chip vendor is going to sell worthwhile chips at a reasonable price, and I hope to use my assembly components/etc from this canceled order then.

Couldn't agree more.  I didn't get chip refund tho, so my parts are probably gonna get smashed onto a K16 with inferior chips etc etc.

But I'd still like to see SB do Bitfury or some other asic as a group buy, or just announce out of the blue he's produced some and they're in his online shop (preferable) Wink

-
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: