Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:34:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
wawaloo

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:52:46 AM

I apologize if this has been answered and I have overlooked it in this thread. I would like to know the size of each board which is supposed to be 16 chips? How large are all those when placed all together? I have tried to check online and search forums on how they are size wise but have been able to see one. If anyone has a link to such information it would be very much appreciated.

I believe it's about 10cm x 10cm. If you get one of the assembly/kit options, they'll be installed on a K16. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0 to track the development of the board.

Thank you very much. That's the information I have been trying to find.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LaserHorse

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:17:28 AM

At this point, there is no good excuse for the lack of communication on his part, especially considering the amount of money this community has spent to purchase his goods. These aren't technical support issues, either.

Indeed - these are not tech issues, they're customer service issues.
I'm under the impression that shipping full working units proved problematic, hence the switch to supplying chips.  Perhaps the lack of communication is a side effect of strong focus on chip manufacturing.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:39:55 AM

Hrmph. This doesn't sound good :/

- Avalon ASIC chip purchases started over 7 weeks ago and no sample chips in sight, no updates from Bitsyncom despite Avalon website stating "30 sample chips will be provided 4 weeks into ordering per 10,000 chips."
Of all the Avalon ASIC chip group buys, no one has heard a single word from Bitsyncom about the sample chips

When WAS the first Avalon group buy order placed? I tried searching but didn't find a definitive answer. It really would be nice to see some sample chips go out...

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Bakal

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:55:46 AM

We are actually literally mining for gold (i.e. asic). in real life, its hard to mine for gold. once you struck it, you get rich.  So what we are actually doing is not far off the real world mining thing. Mining is gambling. Higher you risk, the higher the reward. Anyway, good luck to us all.

Patience is the key.
steamboat (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:10:47 AM

Has Bkkcoins provided anything more than drawings for his K16 boards? I'm eager to place an order, but I'm nervous. Also, this thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227103.0) doesn't shine a very good light on Avalon. If steamboat doesn't receive any boards for a given batch #, can we expect a refund or anything like that?

He has provided quite a bit, which may be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0 and here: https://github.com/bkkcoins/klondike.

The decision to make a purchase belongs to each customer, and should not be taken lightly. This service is provided as-is, with no warranty.

I apologize if this has been answered and I have overlooked it in this thread. I would like to know the size of each board which is supposed to be 16 chips? How large are all those when placed all together? I have tried to check online and search forums on how they are size wise but have been able to see one. If anyone has a link to such information it would be very much appreciated.

I believe it's about 10cm x 10cm. If you get one of the assembly/kit options, they'll be installed on a K16. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0 to track the development of the board.

That is correct. It appears another thread makeover is due. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Here's what we know as of today:

For all the sensitivity there is now to potential scams whenever an ASIC company pops up, why isn't Avalon under the same scrutiny? They've shipped a small number of units, but so has BFL. Is there any way to confirm with TSMC that they are actually having chips made?? So many developers are awaiting those samples.

Please see the first response.

All orders received, recorded replied.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 10:14:43 AM

- Avalon ASIC chip purchases started over 7 weeks ago and no sample chips in sight, no updates from Bitsyncom despite Avalon website stating "30 sample chips will be provided 4 weeks into ordering per 10,000 chips."
Of all the Avalon ASIC chip group buys, no one has heard a single word from Bitsyncom about the sample chips

When WAS the first Avalon group buy order placed? I tried searching but didn't find a definitive answer. It really would be nice to see some sample chips go out...

I believe May 1st was when avalon submitted all previous orders to fab. We are still easily within the claimed sample chip delivery window considering shipping times.from China. My personal opinion is that the chips will come quickly,  even if the samples are delayed. They are simpler to produce than the full units and chips are what the team "wants to be doing." As bad as Avalon's (non-existant) customer service is, their team has demonstrated significant skill in designing and producing fpgas and now asics. Feel free to start a speculative thread, this one should probably be reserved for orders/questions as it's getting very long.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:40:45 AM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I confirm the receipt of the documents below. Please note that I am not a professional nor trained in verifying documents given, so I cannot gurantee that they're 100% authentic or came from the original owner.

1. Scan of steamboat's driving license
2. Scan of steamboat's mail proving his residence
3. Photo of him with his ID and a sign (with my forum profile)
4. Scan of Federal EIN
5. Articles of incorporation

I promise the safe destruction of the data after the successful completion of the group buy/release of identity by steamboat himself. The data received may be divulged for litigation purposes if needed.

Thanks,
John
7 June 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)
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=D1H9
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
ironcross360

Activity: 140

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:43:18 PM

Original thread post:

This thread is for those interested in purchasing Avalon ASIC chips. I have purchased a batch (#10177), and am offering chips for purchase. The format will be similar to the other group buy threads, and will be structured as follows:

Pricing:
Pricing is BTC0.086/chip. This includes a 9.5% fee for batch pre-purchase, shipping from Avalon, and administrative costs.

Any USD fees incurred from receipt of the order from Avalon will be calculated upon arrival and distributed evenly based on the amount of chips purchased per person, payable in BTC prior to shipping to final destination. These include but are not limited to import tax, customs duties, and merchandise processing fees associated with receipt of shipment from Avalon. Depending on the HS code Avalon uses in shipping, the estimated total is $404.82.

Shipping:
Avalon has yet to release confirmation dates for any batches, including ours. They have stated 9-10 weeks from purchase, and that is all.

Batch order dates are as follows:
Batch 1: Order #10177, Purchase date May 1,2013
Batch 2: Order #10265, Purchase date May 11,2013
Batch 3: Order #10325, Purchase date May 22,2013
Batch 4: Order #10425, Purchase date May 28,2013

Unit shipping will be performed on a first in, first out basis, assuming all additional fees and correct information have been remitted. Packages will be boxed to ensure the contents are protected in transit.
All packages will be shipped via USPS flat rate from Florida with tracking and signature required.

The following shipping options are available:
Ship type         US Priority   US Express     Canada Priority   Canada Express  Int’l Priority   Int’l Express
Shipping time     2-3 days     Overnight       6-10 days         3-5 days            6-10 days      3-5 days

Shipping costs will be calculated as follows:
Chip amount   US Priority   US Express   Canada Priority  Canada Express  Int’l Priority   Int’l Express
1-50                   $10.80       $45.95       $24.95            $74.95              $33.95          $89.95      
51-250                $17.35       $45.95       $50.95            $74.95              $69.95          $89.95
251-500               Free          $45.95       $50.95            $74.95              $69.95         $89.95
501-750               Free          Free          $63.95            $74.95              $87.95         $89.95
751-1000              Free          Free           Free              $74.95              $87.95         $89.95
1001+                   Free          Free           Free              Free                    Free            Free

Shipping fees will be due just prior to chip arrival, denominated in BTC

To purchase:
To calculate btc required: multiply the number of chips desired by 0.086 (cost=chips*0.086)

Send the payment to 1NV4xyqm5iUGXygJzoMohP6QaWA6J4hbw5

Email ASICbuy[at]gmail[dot]com with the subject “Chip TX”, and the following information in the body:
Forum Name:
First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Shipping type:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Chip amount:
Payment amount:
Sending Address:
TX ID: *See FAQ for questions.

*Note* Do not send funds from an address you do not control. You will be required to prove ownership of the sending address upon request.

Terms:
Full payment including all USD based fees is required prior to shipment to final destination.
Address signing is required for dispute settlement.
All sample chips will be given to open source hardware developers to facilitate production. These chips will be deducted from my personal purchase amount.
I take no responsibility for any issues that may arise due to circumstances outside my control, including but not limited to Avalon failing to ship, shipment being seized by customs, shipment arriving late, etc. etc...
You may choose to change your address a maximum of two times in order to ship to a board manufacturer.
In order to change your shipping address you must sign the change order with the purchase address

FAQ:
If any emails are received regarding questions outlined in this FAQ, you will be redirected to this FAQ.

What is a TX ID?
A transaction ID is a number that is generated every time coins are moved from one address to another. In order to find the TX ID of your purchase you can right click and select “show transaction details” within the bitcoin-qt software, or go to blockchain.info and enter your payment address.

How do I sign a message? In order to sign a verification message, you must have control of your private keys. Currently the only way I know how to do this is through the use of the bitcoin-qt software. Blockchain.info lists this as a feature but you will have to research how to use it on their site.
With bitcoin-qt: click File, Sign Message. Input your sending address and message, and then click sign. The sending address, message, and signature must be included to verify the message.

Do you accept reservations?
Chip purchases are on a first come, first serve basis.

How do I pay for shipping?
Final fees, including shipping, will be calculated once the batch has arrived from Avalon, and will be denominated in BTC

How do I pay for chips?
See the purchasing section of this post.

Can you ship internationally?
Yes, see the shipping section of this post.

How much are customs fees?
Current estimates are $404.82. This number is an estimate and subject to change.

Why aren't you using escrow?
I have already purchased the chips. As such, any escrow of coins is a moot point as it only protects against misuse of the coins. The organizer can still walk with the chips once they receive them, which the escrow holder is not responsible for. This is a risk assumed with any group buy. If you do not trust my reputation, there are others organizing batch purchases. I suggest you research carefully who you send your coins to.

What do I do with chips?
I am in the process of speaking with US based manufacturers to build and assemble miners based off open source designs. Pricing will be available closer to the ship date, and will depend on the amount of chips/boards built. I will keep this thread updated with developments as they occur. This is by no means finalized. While likely a solution will be developed prior to chip delivery, and I am making every effort to do so, I do not guarantee anything.

Can orders be split and/or transferred?
I am not responsible for any splits or transfers negotiated after purchase of the chips, nor will I facilitate any trades. If you decide to sell your chips, you must come to an agreement apart from the group buy, and send me a shipping address change order signed with the address used in purchasing the chips.

Are you working with anyone to develop a PCB to use the chips?
Yes, I am funding a developer to speed up development, and there are other solutions currently in the design phase. This does not mean I guarantee they will be finished by chip delivery, or they will work.

Will you purchase another batch if you run out of chips?
Yes. If this batch sells out and there is enough interest in a second, I will purchase another batch.

Can I add to my order?
Assuming chips are still available, you may add up to 100% of your initial purchase without losing your place in the shipping cue.

Do we get discounted shipping if we all ship to a dev?
Yes. In the event multiple people ship to a single dev, I will calculate the total shipping cost and divide it evenly based on chip amount.

Can I pay with (Insert anything other than BTC here)
BTC is the only acceptable form of payment.

Can you guarantee Avalon ships the chips on time and undamaged?
I cannot guarantee something outside of my control will not happen.

What happens if I don’t have enough chips for a full board?
If you place an order for chips and the chip design changes, I will buy/sell enough chips to round out your order to the next full number of boards up or down.

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone

Copyright May 01, 2013
I dont understand this, What is the total amount for this including assembly and testng?

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:04:47 PM

You didn't look a this part.

Testing is TBD as to the price.

Step 1: buy chips @ 0.086 each (in units of 16 for K16)

Step 2: Pick assembly option when you get the e-mail to do so.

Step 3: Send in BTC for option picked in Step 2. Presumably pay for shipping of units at that time, if you want your units. Otherwise, pick hosting option.

Step 4: Sit back and enjoy the hashing.

Step 5: Thank Steamboat for making this process as painless as possible.

Chips available: 2,610

Pricing

• Chips:
        Avalon ASIC chips may be ordered for BTC0.086. This fee is due immediately upon order placement.
      • Assembly:
        The total price for assembly is $95. This includes $35 for the PCB and board related components, and $60 for assembly, to be paid in BTC.
      • Assembly and DIY Kit:
        The DIY kit and fully assembled PCB are $123.5, to be paid in BTC.
      • Fully Assembled Unit:
        The fully assembled unit, including all necessary hardware, is $133.5, to be paid in BTC.
      • Hosting:
        Hosting fees are tentatively set at 8% of miner revenue production, plus the cost of electricity. A setup fee may be unavoidable, due to the sizable infrastructure costs associated.
      • Testing:
        Testing fees to be released.

* Assembly, Assembly and DIY Kit, and Fully Assembled Unit prices do not include the price of Avalon ASIC chips, and are not due at the time of chip purchase.

*Prices do not include shipping.

*Power supply not included.

*The prices above, not including the ASIC chips, are tentative and subject to change pending finalization of all parts required. This includes Testing and Hosting.  Each item whose price has not been finalized includes an increased margin reflecting this uncertainty, and may be reduced.

*Any USD fees incurred from receipt of ASIC chips from Avalon will be calculated upon arrival and distributed evenly based on the amount of chips purchased per person, payable in BTC prior to shipping to final destination. These include but are not limited to import tax, customs duties, and merchandise processing fees associated with receipt of shipment from Avalon. Depending on the HS code Avalon uses in shipping, the estimated total is $404.82.

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone
      Copyright June 3, 2013

[/list]
      [/list]
      photon

Activity: 25

View Profile
      June 07, 2013, 04:05:15 PM

Here's what we know as of today:

... So many developers are awaiting those samples.

Please see the first response.

All orders received, recorded replied.

I didn't start this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227103.0, but my post in it has been quoted here. So, for those interested, BitSyncom has now replied a couple of times within that thread. He says an update is coming in less than a week. I have to say, it was good to hear from him.

Also, let me take this opportunity to say "Thank You!" to steamboat for taking on this project.
      roybitcoin

Activity: 33

View Profile
      June 07, 2013, 04:10:16 PM

Hi,

40 more ASICs. 3.44BTC sent. e-mail sent.
      gym

Activity: 14

View Profile
      June 07, 2013, 05:40:04 PM

hmm with this drop in price for BTC I am thinking about getting another unit!  Grin
      chsados

Activity: 662
      Merit: 545

View Profile
      June 07, 2013, 10:42:06 PM

Fully Assembled Unit:
      The fully assembled unit, including all necessary hardware, is $133.5, to be paid in BTC.

Does this price reflect per 16 chip unit?  Or per any amount of chipped unit?

You have to have your own chips or have participated in one of the group buys on this thread. That price is only for assembly with YOUR chips.

I understand you have to buy the chips now and pay for shipping and assembly later.  

My question is do I pay $133.5 for each 16 board chip?  I.E. If I buy 64 chips and want them all assembled will it cost me $133.5 X 4?

Thanks
      FuzzyThunder

Activity: 18

View Profile
      June 07, 2013, 10:55:42 PM

Fully Assembled Unit:

Does this price reflect per 16 chip unit?  Or per any amount of chipped unit?

You have to have your own chips or have participated in one of the group buys on this thread. That price is only for assembly with YOUR chips.

I understand you have to buy the chips now and pay for shipping and assembly later.  

My question is do I pay $133.5 for each 16 board chip?  I.E. If I buy 64 chips and want them all assembled will it cost me $133.5 X 4?

Thanks

If I understand correctly then Yes.

That $133.50 is the cost of parts(except the ASICs) and assembly of a single K16. You buy the chips now. Once all the orders are in, Steamboat will email those that need to pay for additional services(shipping, assembly, testing, hosting)
      chsados

View Profile
      June 08, 2013, 12:02:42 AM
      Last edit: June 08, 2013, 02:09:43 AM by chsados

Order Placed:

Chip amount: 64
      Assembly: Fully assembled + Testing
      Payment amount: BTC5.504
      TX ID:  d4d56fb272f8a98893fc47f940e6d041e53b8375c27b016946f6ee9d4210255e

Email sent.

EDIT: this may show my noobness, is it possible to sign a message on blockchain.info only?  I know that you just hit the sign message button insert the info and then a string of characters are generated at the bottom, what do you do from there?  This video states you have to go to another site to complete it.
      Unacceptable
      Legendary

Activity: 2212
      Merit: 1001

View Profile
      June 08, 2013, 01:44:51 AM

Order Placed:

TX ID:  

Email sent.

EDIT: this may show my noobness, is it possible to sign a message on blockchain.info only?  I know that you just hit the sign message button insert the info and then a string of characters are generated at the bottom, what do you do from there?  This video states you have to go to another site to complete it.

How to sign  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195052.0

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
      Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
      "An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
      chsados

View Profile
      June 08, 2013, 02:01:44 AM

Order Placed:

TX ID:  

Email sent.

How to sign  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195052.0

thanks a bunch, got it now!
      pointychimp

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
      June 08, 2013, 04:07:04 AM

Since everyone else seems to be doing it even though I'm pretty sure it's not required, here's some info from the buy order I'm placing as we speak.

Chip amount: 64 (I'm an idiot) 48
      Payment amount: 4.128
      Assembly type: Assembly and DIY kit

chsados

View Profile
      June 08, 2013, 04:29:38 AM

Board assembly sourcing is taking the majority of the time. This is not something that can be rushed. Due diligence must be performed in order to ensure quality, price, and timeline standards will be met. The assembler must have a fully automated assembly line with the capacity to produce the full run quickly, test the boards to ensure functionality, and offer a warranty on workmanship. I have received quotes ranging from $75 to $290 per board. Choosing the cheapest option is a possibility, but there will be tradeoffs in doing so.

my 2¢ - I've had good experience w US based Advanced Circuits (4pcb.com).  I've only done small boards though.

Planning on pitching in for a few dozen chips, once I have the funds.

Any quotes on this?  Just realized they are in my home state.
      Kinetic915

Activity: 168

View Profile
      June 08, 2013, 05:06:04 AM

Are these shipping now?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 226 »
        Print  

Jump to: