Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:25:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423215 times)
LaserHorse

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:30:53 PM

Is the heatsink necessary, or optional? Will it be included with the fully assembled units, and included in that price?

I believe the heatsink is quite necessary - it is included in the "Full Kit" & "Fully assembled unit" options outlined the first post of this thread.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:48:56 PM

sent email to confirm i want a "Fully assembled unit".
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:14:32 PM

Huh? I'm confused... I was thinking about grabbing a few more chips from this group. I thought Steamboat said it has been updated, but I still don't see anything about Bitfury in the main topic. (I'll look again - maybe I missed it)

Is this buy is through a different vendor?

Nothings changed - still an Avalon ASIC group buy.
Steamboat just wrote ”bitfury” accidentally and KS was joking about it.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought it was obvious Smiley

So yes, Steamboat (OP) confirmed it's definitely a Bitsyncom (Avalon) groupbuy.

LOL! Sorry, I totally missed it. That's what I get for posting right after waking up. hahaha

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
kostagr33k

Activity: 309

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:50:31 PM

Wow theres been a lot of posts since I left two weeks ago for work! Great work @steamboat and the rest !!

So to catch up , if Im in a groupbuy, how do I specify what I want done with my chips? ie assembled, non-assembled, etc?

Kosta
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:02:39 PM

Wow theres been a lot of posts since I left two weeks ago for work! Great work @steamboat and the rest !!

So to catch up , if Im in a groupbuy, how do I specify what I want done with my chips? ie assembled, non-assembled, etc?

Kosta

Steamboat will email you directly when your batch is up and ask you to verify what you want done. I'm in batch 1 and we got the email already.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
rammy2k2
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:03:10 PM

Kosta

check your email, u must have a email from steamboat, and reply him with the text he asked; thats what i did, i hope its ok
rammy2k2
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:03:56 PM

Kosta

Steamboat will email you directly when your batch is up and ask you to verify what you want done. I'm in batch 1 and we got the email already.

did u got any confirmation from him ? i sent him reply too, but no confirmation or smthg
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:10:36 PM

Kosta

did u got any confirmation from him ? i sent him reply too, but no confirmation or smthg

No, but I didn't expect one yet. I assumed it was a bcc to the entire list of Batch 1 buyers and he asked only those who wanted assembly to reply as a way to separate those out. He said somewhere on here that the next email will go out this week I think, which will likely be the confirmation to those who asked for assembly with further details.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
steamboat (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:42:25 PM

Update: the heatsink design has been finalized and is currently being sourced. Solid numbers should be available this week.

The heatsink will be available for purchase as a unique part, and will include the necessary hardware to attach it to the K16.
Is the heatsink necessary, or optional? Will it be included with the fully assembled units, and included in that price?

Will the K16 boards be stackable?

Thanks.

Yes. Each K16 with the DIY kit option and up will come with the parts necessary to stack.

No, but I didn't expect one yet. I assumed it was a bcc to the entire list of Batch 1 buyers and he asked only those who wanted assembly to reply as a way to separate those out. He said somewhere on here that the next email will go out this week I think, which will likely be the confirmation to those who asked for assembly with further details.

That is correct. An email will be sent asking to verify the specific assembly and hosting options.

All orders received, recorded, replied. The next few days will be busy as much of the logistical portion will be finalizing at once.

As an aside: Each person should do their own research and calculations to decide if purchasing miners is right for them. That being said, the numbers I have run are based on a very aggressive difficulty ramp up, and show the units will be unprofitable after 9-10 months. That being said, in order to maintain the exponential increase in difficulty, $26 million dollars worth of hardware would need to be introduced in month 3, $54 million in month 5, $110 million in month 7, and so on. This assumes .5btc per gh/s, and there are companies slated to produce miners at a .2.

I will repeat:

When considering a purchase, it is the responsibility of the consumer to analyze all risk factors involved, including but not limited to: costs, projected ROI, vendor reputation, and possible delays caused by unforeseen circumstances.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
rammy2k2
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:33:59 AM

thanks for updating us
silicont

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:18:38 PM

As an aside: Each person should do their own research and calculations to decide if purchasing miners is right for them. That being said, the numbers I have run are based on a very aggressive difficulty ramp up, and show the units will be unprofitable after 9-10 months. That being said, in order to maintain the exponential increase in difficulty, $26 million dollars worth of hardware would need to be introduced in month 3, $54 million in month 5, $110 million in month 7, and so on. This assumes .5btc per gh/s, and there are companies slated to produce miners at a .2.

steamboat, I appreciate your analysis.  It means a lot coming from the front man for a product.

What does your increase in hardware comments mean to the equation?  Are you suggesting the millions of dollars of hardware to be added is unrealistic, and may stave the rise in difficulty if those millions aren't invested in mining?

Thanks
FuzzyThunder

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:28:14 PM

• Klondike K16 mining unit: Utilizes 16 ASIC chips to produce 4.5gh/s per unit.
    • Assembly: Includes assembly of ASICs, PCB based on the Klondike K16 design, and necessary PCB components.

• Full kit: Includes the assembly service and a DIY kit which includes: heat sink, standoffs, fan, screws, thermal paste, and USB cable.

• Fully assembled unit: Includes assembly of one Klondike K16 ASIC board and all DIY kit parts fully assembled.
Do any of these assembly options require the buyer to solder any SMT components?
It looks like the Assembly does but the other options do not, correct?

I tried reflow soldering SMT components in college once. Never again.
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:30:59 PM

Update: the heatsink design has been finalized and is currently being sourced. Solid numbers should be available this week.

The heatsink will be available for purchase as a unique part, and will include the necessary hardware to attach it to the K16.

Will the K16 boards be stackable?

Thanks.

Yes. Each K16 with the DIY kit option and up will come with the parts necessary to stack.

That is correct. An email will be sent asking to verify the specific assembly and hosting options.

All orders received, recorded, replied. The next few days will be busy as much of the logistical portion will be finalizing at once.

I will repeat:

When considering a purchase, it is the responsibility of the consumer to analyze all risk factors involved, including but not limited to: costs, projected ROI, vendor reputation, and possible delays caused by unforeseen circumstances.

Anyone have any good estimates of the upcoming difficulty?  Would like to do some analysis myself.  I've seen allot of spreadsheets, would like to see one that takes all preorders and dates in consideration.  I wonder what the roi of 128 chips will be?
Rakessh

Activity: 205

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:47:31 PM

Next diff would probably be around 16m-17m? By the time batch 4-6 ships we'll be between 20-30m diff at a minimum, and with a drop in btc price GPGPU mining will start to become unprofitable.

-
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:27:31 PM

steamboat, I appreciate your analysis.  It means a lot coming from the front man for a product.

What does your increase in hardware comments mean to the equation?  Are you suggesting the millions of dollars of hardware to be added is unrealistic, and may stave the rise in difficulty if those millions aren't invested in mining?

Thanks

I think that there will be (already has been) an exponential rise in difficulty, but that will "level" out after the ASIC rush is over. Obviously people will continue to add more miners as time goes on, but just as it was with GPU majority, the difficulty will increase slowly. So instead of adding 5850's for ~400MH/s, you'll be adding Jalapenos/Klondikes/etc for ~5 GH/s; and your improvement with be similar.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:08:53 PM

Thanks

I think that there will be (already has been) an exponential rise in difficulty, but that will "level" out after the ASIC rush is over. Obviously people will continue to add more miners as time goes on, but just as it was with GPU majority, the difficulty will increase slowly. So instead of adding 5850's for ~400MH/s, you'll be adding Jalapenos/Klondikes/etc for ~5 GH/s; and your improvement with be similar.

+1

People will continue to spend roughly as much on hardware. The only difference is that the new hardware will be 10x faster. This is just the transition where everyone will have to migrate to ASICs if they want to keep their BTC revenue. After that, the regular trend will resume, exchanging K16 Wink for GPUs.
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:38:17 PM

is there enough demand for batch #6?

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:49:53 PM

is there enough demand for batch #6?

Looking up that address shows that exactly 80 chips have been paid so far. So (since #6 was announced 2 days ago) it does appear to be moving at a slightly slower pace than previous batches. On the other hand - that's probably normal as this is the first half (5k) and chips have not yet been purchased. I've noticed that once we get into the second half (where chips have been ordered already) the demand picks up as people try to get into the batch.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:56:46 PM

This is awesome to hear ! Was just trying to figure out the physical logistics of where to organize 18 K16's.

I would guess the fully assembled and tested units will also ship with parts necessary to stack as well ?

Cheers !
Kinetic915

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:09:06 PM

poor gpus Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: