Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:21:52 PM

Yifu has posted a response regarding the chip delivery delays, which can be found here: http://avalon-asics.com

Unfortunately, the post does not provide any specifics on shipping dates moving forward, and offers very little information about the delays experienced to this point. Our inquiries by other means specifically regarding our orders have remain unanswered, and we have not received any information as to the status of our batches from either Yifu or any member of his team.

For these reasons, we have chosen to close Batch 7. Those who have placed an order for Batch 7 have been sent an email with further information.

We remain optimistic the chips which have already been ordered will be delivered, though we do not have any information as to when our orders will be fulfilled. We are exploring our options, and will continue to monitor the situation closely. We will post an update the moment we have definitive information.

I suggest you apply for a refund ticket of all batches with avalon.. That could bring some fire up their asses.. Some other group buys have already done it. But that would be up to you and all the participants i guess..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:07:25 PM

Yifu has posted a response regarding the chip delivery delays, which can be found here: http://avalon-asics.com

Unfortunately, the post does not provide any specifics on shipping dates moving forward, and offers very little information about the delays experienced to this point. Our inquiries by other means specifically regarding our orders have remain unanswered, and we have not received any information as to the status of our batches from either Yifu or any member of his team.

For these reasons, we have chosen to close Batch 7. Those who have placed an order for Batch 7 have been sent an email with further information.

We remain optimistic the chips which have already been ordered will be delivered, though we do not have any information as to when our orders will be fulfilled. We are exploring our options, and will continue to monitor the situation closely. We will post an update the moment we have definitive information.

I suggest you apply for a refund ticket of all batches with avalon.. That could bring some fire up their asses.. Some other group buys have already done it. But that would be up to you and all the participants i guess..

Given the support Avalon has provided, I think all that would happen is the refund request will be ignored while other batch orders slowly are shipped (whenever that is), then after everyone else gets their chips maybe you'd see your BTC back. Best to just hold tight for now and see. If other batches get refunds, then I'd reconsider.
cardcomm

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:20:13 PM

So that's it? We just wait? What is there to monitor? To see if a thief and liar sticks to his word that chips will once again begin to trickle from his tight fist? I see no reason to remain optimistic at this point. I honestly thought you would present the group with SOME other options besides taking no action. I'm very disappointed.

Until I saw your post, I still held faint hope that I'd see a product, or part of my money back. I see now that we are well and truly screwed. Not only is ROI out of the question, but I doubt I'll ever even SEE any of my units. I guess this is why they call it gambling.

Have a nice weekend, fellow suckers. Sad

PS I just wish I'd wasted that money in Vegas myself instead of letting that asshole Yifu waste it for me!

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:36:39 PM

As a customer with a substantial order, I think steamboat's approach is the best one.

This situation sucks, for sure, but we don't yet know how this is going to play out. Yifu has definitely screwed us with the delay (and lack of details/communication), but he has said some chips will start shipping next week. While I don't trust Yifu and seriously question his ethics, based on Avalon's history they do eventually deliver product. If the chips can go out relatively soon, then I think the ROI might still be there. Even if the ROI isn't there, I would rather get chips late and recoup some of the money, then not get the chips at all. Keep in mind I don't expect steamboat to be able to refund assembly costs (he is in a much worse situation than us), so a chip refund only gets me half my BTC back.

As to alternatives, I just don't see much viable at this point. Trying to go after Yifu or Avalon legally or criminally might sound great (I'd love to see him held accountable), but I think we need to focus on getting the chips and assembly done as fast as possible. I think we'll know much more over the next couple of weeks as we see how quickly Yifu is sending out chips. This is going to require patience and we need to weigh the options unemotionally, and focus on getting the best outcome.
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:50:58 PM

Maybe we should ask Yifu for some free gen 2 chips to make up for the late delivery.
driksson

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:54:38 PM

Maybe we should ask Yifu for some free gen 2 chips to make up for the late delivery.

Or flat out cancel our gen 1 orders and replace them with gen 2?
thejestre

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:57:43 PM

Thanks for weathering the storm with us Steamboat.  This position sucks, for both you and us.  Up to this point I was still optimistic about these chips and units.  At this point I think it is time to try and leverage a discount on these chips, although I understand there isn't much you can use to force the issue since BTC transactions are final.

EDIT: man this sucks.
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:22:26 PM

I have tried not to put too much thought into the ongoings.

My only concern now is setting up a tip jar for Steamboat; for handling the group buys, being patient, giving excellent service, and obtaining the materials to build high-quality "shovels" and "pick axes" that us crazy miners need to have our crazy fun.

Steamboat, will you please provide a BTCitcoin address where we can send you gratuities?

driksson

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:24:59 PM

Thanks for weathering the storm with us Steamboat.  This position sucks, for both you and us.  Up to this point I was still optimistic about these chips and units.  At this point I think it is time to try and leverage a discount on these chips, although I understand there isn't much you can use to force the issue since BTC transactions are final.

"BTC transactions are final."? They have a refund option on all pre-orders of the 10k batches, and avalon is a company.
Some groupbuyers have done it, but no reply since, and first one i've seen was done six days ago.
Just because the monetary transaction used was BTC, doesn't make their actions legal or able to be left unaccountable for.
http://support.avalon-asic.com/ , this is where the purchases can be refunded..
driksson

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:26:28 PM

My only concern now is setting up a tip jar for Steamboat; for handling the group buys, being patient, giving excellent service, and obtaining the materials to build high-quality "shovels" and "pick axes" that us crazy miners need to have our crazy fun.

Steamboat, will you please provide a BTCitcoin address where we can send you gratuities?

Hm, all groupbuyers had minimum 7% markup on the final orders. Even if refunded, i suggest they keep that for the hassle.
thejestre

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:28:18 PM

"BTC transactions are final."? They have a refund option on all pre-orders of the 10k batches, and avalon is a company.
Some groupbuyers have done it, but no reply since, and first one i've seen was done six days ago.
Just because the monetary transaction used was BTC, doesn't make their actions legal or able to be left unaccountable for.

Sorry, I meant that BTC transactions are irreversible.
http://bitcoin.org/en/you-need-to-know
driksson

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:34:28 PM

Sorry, I meant that BTC transactions are irreversible.
http://bitcoin.org/en/you-need-to-know

Sure, doesn't change any legal obligations though. It's an American Company.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:36:37 PM

As a customer with a substantial order, I think steamboat's approach is the best one.

As another customer with a substantial batch 1 chip order, I agree. Worst case scenario for me is that I end up building my K16s, attempt to recoup most of my investment and hope that BTC does well over the next year. Keep in mind that Bkkcoins is still developing the driver for the K16. People forget that chips are only a small part of getting (and keeping) these boards online. Having the chips in hand doesn't guarantee anything if there are still kinks to be ironed out. I do believe the chips will eventually come, however late for many customers, which is unfortunate.

What I won't be doing is letting my emotions run wild and start calling for Yifu's head when we don't even have a clear idea of what's going on. I suspect those who think they do either invested more than they could afford to lose, are trolls, or want to discredit Avalon. I knew what what I was getting into months ago and I'm not going to jump ship now.
driksson

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:43:57 PM

As another customer with a substantial batch 1 chip order, I agree. Worst case scenario for me is that I end up building my K16s, attempt to recoup most of my investment and hope that BTC does well over the next year. Keep in mind that Bkkcoins is still developing the driver for the K16. People forget that chips are only a small part of getting (and keeping) these boards online. Having the chips in hand doesn't guarantee anything if there are still kinks to be ironed out. I do believe the chips will eventually come, however late for many customers, which is unfortunate.

What I won't be doing is letting my emotions run wild and start calling for Yifu's head when we don't even have a clear idea of what's going on. I suspect those who think they do either invested more than they could afford to lose, are trolls, or want to discredit Avalon. I knew what what I was getting into months ago and I'm not going to jump ship now.

Yes, either way, the facts are minimum 5 weeks past due on a TOTAL 10 week lead time. With little to NO explanation of a nearby solution.
yes, 200k chips are in customs (maybe), they do not take weeks and weeks to have released. Most of the time its unsupported packaging quantities, or mistakes in quantities per box on invoices. What one needs to do to fix this, is to repackage and stick on a new invoice on the packages. I've actually done this once with the exact description i mentioned, it was 2 containers that we had to recount content, and package in different packages (as it was food related, they had a max per box limitation), this took a few days to do. So, surely, if it was me arranging this, i would be fully clear on the difficulties approached, and then people would understand. Running in hiding just creates suspicion and i do believe there's something wrong here: if there was a split in the company, did someone run off with chips?, did the HK trader get 1.4M chips that should have been sent to others, just because he placed a huge order?
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:57:57 PM

wow. I hope that's sarcasm because if not certain life lessons are clearly evading you.

cardcomm

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:09:49 PM

Seriously? Your only concern now is giving Steamboat money? WTF.

I guess some people really DO have more money than sense.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
driksson

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:21:32 PM

wow. I hope that's sarcasm because if not certain life lessons are clearly evading you.

haha, hope is the last thing that leaves you?
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:08:24 PM

"Gen 2" is just a single-core die shrink. Not worth messing up the current board designs for.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 09:10:11 PM

Seriously? Your only concern now is giving Steamboat money? WTF.

I guess some people really DO have more money than sense.

Half of the people on these forums are absolutely insane. They swing from hero worshipers to reddit/slashdot-level trolls to scam artists of all varieties. The other half are regular folks, trying to make some money with a hobby.

There will be no refunds, people. You will not get more than you paid. Steamboat will live up to his end of the deal. Yifu will likely ship the chips within a few weeks or whenever he gets around to it. Avalon's disdain for their forum customers is clearly evident and I hope it hurts them in the future.

Legal action is a joke, discussion around it is useless. There was talk of legal action surrounding BFL... nothing. Legal action surrounding Pirate... nothing. Bitconica... nothing. By all means, express your anger at Avalon, but as for "doing something," be it taking up collections for steamboat to starting lawsuits against Avalon, at this point are ludicrous.

jesse11

Activity: 333

Ants Rock

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:28:10 PM

"Running and hiding just creates suspicion and i do believe there's something wrong here: if there was a split in the company, did someone run off with chips?, did the HK trader get 1.4M chips that should have been sent to others, just because he placed a huge order?"

THIS!

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: