Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:46:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASrock H110 Pro BTC+ 13 GPU Board  (Read 54751 times)
zeef

Activity: 301
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:02:33 PM

Guys, im having problem trying to connect more than 9 gpus on my asrok pro btc,
Every time i connect the 10 gpu , the board dont show any sign of boot.

Im using internal vga.

Im using risers v009 and v006.
Using two server supplys from miningwholesale ( only worked 1 of 3 ) ..

Made an video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlDw7mCwBcs&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFpKrmb9gyE

Any ideia?

Thanks
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:57:41 PM

Im using internal vga.

Made an video:

Any ideia?

Thanks

I had to connect 2 GPUs on the left side of the 16x (when looking directly at the MB) for it to work when I connected between 8-12 GPUs. When all 13 GPUs were connected it worked flawlessly. I usually attach a monitor to the GPU that is on 16x.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
zeef

Activity: 301

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:38:52 PM

Im using internal vga.

Made an video:

Any ideia?

Thanks

I had to connect 2 GPUs on the left side of the 16x (when looking directly at the MB) for it to work when I connected between 8-12 GPUs. When all 13 GPUs were connected it worked flawlessly. I usually attach a monitor to the GPU that is on 16x.

Hi thanks,
But i have 2 gpus connect too in the left side of x16. I tried populate first the black, but is the same..
I will try with other supply when arrive, maybe an lack of potence.. One power supply say 11.8 in breakoutboard and other 12.1v.

But could the gpu atached in the x16 make an diference? i will try test too. Smiley

Sad
Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:38:11 AM

As long as that's name is ASOCK, i think that hardware is good.
I think this motherboard was designed to run with 12 GPUs more, so half AMD and half Nvidia GPUs installed in order to max it out.  At least that's what I can share about my opinion, because we don't have any of this particular unit to test out here.
About some issue come-out, i think that's will be fixed by asrock's technician team.
ant17

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:11:39 PM

As long as that's name is ASOCK, i think that hardware is good.
I think this motherboard was designed to run with 12 GPUs more, so half AMD and half Nvidia GPUs installed in order to max it out.  At least that's what I can share about my opinion, because we don't have any of this particular unit to test out here.
About some issue come-out, i think that's will be fixed by asrock's technician team.
Actually I've been running 13 rx580 in this gpu m/b for a few months, without an issue. I am no expert, and everything worked out of the box. I was terrified by some videos I saw, after having bought the cards, but everything runs smoothly...
rafjoe

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:33:18 PM

With Windows 10 is the instalation simpler as at win 7
sebas1382000

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:26:37 AM

Hi, anyone knows if it is possible to boot from a USB 2.0

It's just plug and play?

I would have to configure something so that no problems?

Thank's for reading my message  Wink
rafjoe

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:32:03 PM

I have patched win 7 and boot with usb its work

I thin its work

ganzocrypt

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:10:38 AM

Hello,

I have this MB with the following configuration:
Asrock H110  pro BTC+
Celeron 2.9 Ghz
8 GB Ram DDR4
120 Gb SSD
Virtual Mem 60 Gb

I installed 5 Zotac 1060 6Gb, 4 Zotac 1070 Ti and 1 Zotac 1080 Ti. I recently added the 1080 and 1 1070 Ti and getting an unstable system with cards crashing.
Until I had 5 1060 and 3 1070 ti everything worked fine and as soon as I added the 1070 and 1080 things got flaky.

I am on the latest nVidia driver and the latest Windows 10 update.

Mining using z-enemy 1.11 (cuda 9.1) miner on X16r.

I tried to underclock the cards to see if it helped but no luck as cards crash anyway.

Any suggestions beside moving to a Linux OS ?

Thx
SavageMine

Activity: 59
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:49:30 AM

Hello,

Asrock H110  pro BTC+
Celeron 2.9 Ghz
8 GB Ram DDR4
120 Gb SSD
Virtual Mem 60 Gb

I installed 5 Zotac 1060 6Gb, 4 Zotac 1070 Ti and 1 Zotac 1080 Ti. I recently added the 1080 and 1 1070 Ti and getting an unstable system with cards crashing.
Until I had 5 1060 and 3 1070 ti everything worked fine and as soon as I added the 1070 and 1080 things got flaky.

I tried to underclock the cards to see if it helped but no luck as cards crash anyway.

Thx

What's your power situation look like? Sounds like power if the only thing you've done is add GPUs to an existing, working system.
nathan_tek

Activity: 248
Merit: 27

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:00:25 AM

Hello,

Asrock H110  pro BTC+
Celeron 2.9 Ghz
8 GB Ram DDR4
120 Gb SSD
Virtual Mem 60 Gb

Thx

What's your power situation look like? Sounds like power if the only thing you've done is add GPUs to an existing, working system.
It's a power problem for sure. If you could tell us which psu you are using and how you connected your gpus, we can help you better ;-)

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
ganzocrypt

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:21:22 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 11:45:00 AM by ganzocrypt

Hello,

Asrock H110  pro BTC+
Celeron 2.9 Ghz
8 GB Ram DDR4
120 Gb SSD
Virtual Mem 60 Gb

Thx

It's a power problem for sure. If you could tell us which psu you are using and how you connected your gpus, we can help you better ;-)

Sorry I forgot, no power issues:
I have 2 1200Watts supply, power load equally distributed pulling 1100W for all cards on the 2 ps.

Beside the OC which I tested various configuration, I set 80% PL on 1060/1070 and 75% PL on the 1080.
I tried setting core and memory OC to 0 or even negative but the random card crash occurs.

Currently one card (1070 crashed) and others are running, not sure until when, will update.

If you have any ideas, like settings in Win 10 or cards settings let me know.
I am waiting for z-enemy to release 1.12 with Cuda 9.2 supports to see if it helps.

One more thing, when a card crash it is no more accessible via OC software even though is visible in the devices list of Win.
So to gain it back I need to restart the system. Is there a way to get it back with the need to restart?

ok just a strange thing: if I try to scan for device changes on the display adapters in the device manager of win 10, it crashes the system !?
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:41:33 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 12:51:54 PM by darkneorus

first of all - check and maybe replace your risers and riser USB cables. I bet that the problem lies there. bad cables and bad risers can cause all kinds of instabilities.

you can also wrap the PCIe x1 riser boards in electrical tape - otherwise they can touch and short each other when they're inside the slots, I've encountered issues caused by these shorts.

and secondly - consider upgrading your power supply. 2400W PSU is a little bit weak to run all these cards. lowering the PL can help, but it will also hurt your hashrate. you can check the voltage under load on the 12V PSU output, it shouldn't drop lower that 11.9-12V.
ganzocrypt

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:52:54 PM

first of all - check and maybe replace your risers and riser USB cables. I bet that the problem lies there. bad cables and bad risers can cause all kinds of instabilities.

you can also wrap the PCIe x1 riser boards in electrical tape - otherwise they can touch and short each other when they're inside the slots, I've encountered issues caused by these shorts.

and secondly - consider upgrading your power supply. 2400W PSU is a little bit weak to run all these cards. lowering the PL can help, but it will also hurt your hashrate. you can check the voltage under load on the 12V PSU output, it shouldn't drop lower that 11.9-12V.

risers and usb are ok as everything was working fine before and new hardware works fine, tape is there.
Power supply is more than enough as I have less than 50% load on each one.

ganzocrypt

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:46:46 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 04:20:15 PM by ganzocrypt

Did you follow this rules?
- max 1 sata riser per single sata cable
- max 2 molex risers per single molex cable

yes! I am pretty careful at distributing power on all cables and connection.

My guess at this stage is that there is a conflict on the bus/drivers attributed to cards but win 10 does not show it.
Maybe using different slots but ASRock does not mention this.

this is why " if I try to scan for device changes on the display adapters in the device manager of win 10, it crashes the system !?"

I mean I can crash the system without mining, just scan for new video adapters

Update: tried a new miner with CUDA 9.2 support, no luck!
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:37:39 PM

have you tried to uninstall your display drivers with DDU?

what's with additional power plugs (2 molex and 1 sata), are they connected to MB? did you insert your x1 riser boards to MB slots one after other, beginning from CPU side and to the bottom, how it's stated in the manual?
I've seen some issues when the risers were connected not one after other but with spaces between them, this MB really doesn't really likes the cases when white and black PCIe slots connections are not "balanced".
ganzocrypt

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:50:46 PM

have you tried to uninstall your display drivers with DDU?

what's with additional power plugs (2 molex and 1 sata), are they connected to MB? did you insert your x1 riser boards to MB slots one after other, beginning from CPU side and to the bottom, how it's stated in the manual?
I've seen some issues when the risers were connected not one after other but with spaces between them, this MB really doesn't really likes the cases when white and black PCIe slots connections are not "balanced".

I have tried all your suggestions.
About the video cards connection are ok as it was working fine with 8 cards. All the slots are populated one after the other.

Do you know software that gives me more details about the bus/cards information?
ganzocrypt

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:33:22 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 09:00:08 PM by ganzocrypt

I am trying this:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/Spn0i0HaZoMeRFcIP6P5Gp9wpwqRpqsX53X1sFYGPx3RF5InOuqKAFSNor4XXoLMd63CP_79SV-wxXh-1CxSa9pWkIx_TdUa8vcc9dlz-Ylcf8e863XJr-nEdXoWaY-3ID2QoGDw=s800

no luck!

I noticed some cards have the same IRQ which should not be the case, anyone check this?
abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2235

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 05:47:33 AM

About the video cards connection are ok as it was working fine with 8 cards. All the slots are populated one after the other.

Do you know software that gives me more details about the bus/cards information?

which PSU you are using,  a single rail or multi-rail ?? If you use multi-rail, make sure the split rail is used ideally with each rail not exceeding the maximum power.
And You should try this. Add another PSU that only use for a motherboard, and I think 350w is more than enough.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ganzocrypt

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:11:46 AM

which PSU you are using,  a single rail or multi-rail ?? If you use multi-rail, make sure the split rail is used ideally with each rail not exceeding the maximum power.
And You should try this. Add another PSU that only use for a motherboard, and I think 350w is more than enough.

I use Kolink Platinum 1200 Watts.
The cards are distributed equally power wise on the 2 PSU around 600 watts each.
So there is no power issue.

As I mentioned before everything was working fine before I add the 1070 and 1080.
If I try to scan for new Adapters in the Display Manager it crash the system, no load applied to cards i.e. no mining, which indicates something is in conflict at the bus I/O level, maybe same IRQ are assigned??

At the bios I have PCIe in auto, I can try to specify Gen1 or Gen2, not sure.

Any other suggestions is appreciated, before I switch to Linux ! Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: