Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:10:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Block Erupter USB  (Read 251683 times)
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:30:09 AM

did they just raised the price to 1.99 ?  Huh
"The price is fixed at 1.99 BTC"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:22:46 AM

did they just raised the price to 1.99 ?  Huh
"The price is fixed at 1.99 BTC"

old info, op has not been updated me thinks
reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:55:38 PM

May I ask what is wrong with wanting to be the *official* US reseller?  This is how channel distribution works, the manufacturer relies on a channel (group of partners, generally arranged by geography) so that they only have to ship to a trusted partner and the trusted partner handles individual sales.  

IMHO, this would be a problem is Kosmo went and purchased 1000 at the .89BTC price and then sold them for 1.5BTC.  But he's been reliable and honorable in all group orders (I research anyone I'm gonna send BTC to, he passed the test).  

Reliable hardware service is something BTC needs.  Right now we're all throwing money at KNC shares and BitFury pre-orders not knowing if the hardware exists / will work.  A lot of people poured money into BFL and they're finally shipping.  Not even gonna touch on Avalon and whatever has happened around batch 2.  And AM seems to have realized that offering hardware at a decent price point for the current dif/share rates makes sense, especially when you can grab all the GPU crowd before they shut down and turn off their BTC operations, or worse move to pump-n-dump coin of the week which only makes a joke of the ideal behind BTC.

But if I know I can reliably order hardware from someone I've ordered from before, I'm happy.  No pissing BTC into the wind hoping magical hashing boxes show up.  

BTW- Full disclosure, ordered 10 erupters from Kosmo that are arriving today, ordered 15 from Eleuthria @ BTCGuild (simply a question of who had or would have inventory).  I trust both of these folks with how much coin I've thrown their way, so I'd be happy to see either or both of them have some exclusive deal so we can order AM hardware in the US with greater reliability.  I've got nothing against the Chinese despite seeing that their country happens to have the manufacturing capacity to make or break BTC right now, but I'd much rather order from the US and have my item shipped from the US than deal with some of the customs issues I've read about recently.
Ira H. Fuchs

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 01:36:19 PM

"Ira H. Fuchs" is a bot. See his nonsensical posting history. Avoid replying to his posts.

good morning sir, So do you have any questions? There seems to be a considerable amount of confusion on this board. We are actually looking for designers and engineers who have innovative skills to contribute to the bitcoin project..Ira
atariguy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:38:30 PM

May I ask what is wrong with wanting to be the *official* US reseller?  This is how channel distribution works, the manufacturer relies on a channel (group of partners, generally arranged by geography) so that they only have to ship to a trusted partner and the trusted partner handles individual sales.  

IMHO, this would be a problem is Kosmo went and purchased 1000 at the .89BTC price and then sold them for 1.5BTC.  But he's been reliable and honorable in all group orders (I research anyone I'm gonna send BTC to, he passed the test).  

Reliable hardware service is something BTC needs.  Right now we're all throwing money at KNC shares and BitFury pre-orders not knowing if the hardware exists / will work.  A lot of people poured money into BFL and they're finally shipping.  Not even gonna touch on Avalon and whatever has happened around batch 2.  And AM seems to have realized that offering hardware at a decent price point for the current dif/share rates makes sense, especially when you can grab all the GPU crowd before they shut down and turn off their BTC operations, or worse move to pump-n-dump coin of the week which only makes a joke of the ideal behind BTC.

But if I know I can reliably order hardware from someone I've ordered from before, I'm happy.  No pissing BTC into the wind hoping magical hashing boxes show up.  

BTW- Full disclosure, ordered 10 erupters from Kosmo that are arriving today, ordered 15 from Eleuthria @ BTCGuild (simply a question of who had or would have inventory).  I trust both of these folks with how much coin I've thrown their way, so I'd be happy to see either or both of them have some exclusive deal so we can order AM hardware in the US with greater reliability.  I've got nothing against the Chinese despite seeing that their country happens to have the manufacturing capacity to make or break BTC right now, but I'd much rather order from the US and have my item shipped from the US than deal with some of the customs issues I've read about recently.

What would be really great is if he just sent a few hundred thousand of them to Amazon to sell for him.  Grin
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:59:33 PM

What would be really great is if he just sent a few hundred thousand of them to Amazon to sell for him.  Grin
if Amazon accepted btc, he would have.  Grin
atariguy

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:20:39 PM

if Amazon accepted btc, he would have.  Grin

Is there a reason only BTC is accepted for them? Just the principle? With BTC being so volatile, I'd think cash would actually be preferable if you're not adjusting the price in BTC to the market...
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:29:45 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 07:40:22 PM by Trongersoll

Someone is already trying to sell these on Amazon, for way too much money.  Shocked
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:05:10 PM

One thing people might not realize when you sell on Amazon. You do NOT get your money right away. Amazon pays out in 3 week blocks.
So if he sells 1 Block erupter today he will not get paid till 3 Sundays from today. ACH pushes are every Sunday around 2PM PST.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:10:55 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 08:51:47 PM by Adrian-x

if Amazon accepted btc, he would have.  Grin

Is there a reason only BTC is accepted for them? Just the principle? With BTC being so volatile, I'd think cash would actually be preferable if you're not adjusting the price in BTC to the market...
I would agree, but then again "cash" is harder to move around and well you have the regulatory banking industry to deal with.  Given FC pays dividends in XBT, so accepting cash complicates the bookkeeping and dividends.

Moreover, FC has to convert the XBT to RMB to pay expenses, so  it is good that he has to sell some, and well the rest of the market gets access to that.

So in conclusion its good for the XBT economy that it works this way.  

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
atariguy

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:35:57 PM

One thing people might not realize when you sell on Amazon. You do NOT get your money right away. Amazon pays out in 3 week blocks.
So if he sells 1 Block erupter today he will not get paid till 3 Sundays from today. ACH pushes are every Sunday around 2PM PST.

Not sure where you get that from - Amazon pays me weekly or on demand, my choice, and that includes all shipped orders at that point. I just wish they didn't take 20%. At least it's better than the 30% they take on Android apps (which they do delay payment on by a month).
atariguy

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:38:45 PM

I would agree, but then again "cash" is harder to move around and well you have the regulatory banking industry to deal with.  Given FC pays dividends in XBT, so accepting cash complicates the bookkeeping and dividends.

Moreover, FC have to convert the XBY to RMB to pay expenses, so  it is good that he has to sell some, and well the rest of the market gets access to that.

So in conclusion its good for the XBT economy that it works this way.  

Well, at least the advantage to the buyer is that they've gotten a whole lot cheaper in the last week...
gacbmmml

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 03:17:50 PM

Someone is already trying to sell these on Amazon, for way too much money.  Shocked
You can buy them on Amazon for $150 USD. You can buy them on BTCGuild for 1 BTC (~95$). So it's only a 50% upcharge to pay with USD.
Benny1985

Activity: 391

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:39:31 PM

Has Friedcat replied to anyone about further USB sales?

I PMed him about 5 days ago about buying more. He replied with an address to send the coinage to for purchase. I sent the coins to him, but haven't heard from him since I sent (on the 11th). According to the blockchain, he hasn't redeemed them, either.

Does anyone know what's up? I've E-mailed him / PMed him about this, and no response. This has me rather worried if not aggravated, because I was hoping to get them soon.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:48:37 PM

Eligius is now offering Block Erupter Sapphire USB miner collectables for sale in the new Products section.
All units come with Eligius branding (USB device info), and tested against DOA.
The price of 640 TBC (1.05 BTC) already includes US continental shipping.
These are fulfilled through CanaryInTheMine and currently only available in the USA.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:33:41 AM

Eligius is now offering Block Erupter Sapphire USB miner collectables for sale in the new Products section.
These are fulfilled through CanaryInTheMine and currently only available in the USA.
First orders have already shipped out  Grin
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:27:08 AM

First orders have already shipped out  Grin
+1
finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:28:20 AM

Has Friedcat replied to anyone about further USB sales?

I PMed him about 5 days ago about buying more. He replied with an address to send the coinage to for purchase. I sent the coins to him, but haven't heard from him since I sent (on the 11th). According to the blockchain, he hasn't redeemed them, either.

Does anyone know what's up? I've E-mailed him / PMed him about this, and no response. This has me rather worried if not aggravated, because I was hoping to get them soon.
I know that I had a similar experience, and he finally replied after a few days with a tracking number and I actually received them the next day from that.  overall process after sending him the BTC was right at 7 days.

p.s. - you wont see the BTC "redeemed" until it is time for the dividend pmt (Wed)
sinner

Activity: 615

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 11:57:20 AM

saw something on r/bitcoin that these are going for .6BTC now? is that correct? where can u buy them?
Boelens

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:08:35 PM

saw something on r/bitcoin that these are going for .6BTC now? is that correct? where can u buy them?

I've heard someone say that in August they'll go for 0.6BTC, unsure though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: