Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:50:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Block Erupter USB  (Read 251683 times)
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1361

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:54:19 PM

, but I'm more than willing to assume you'll lose a lot of US BTC users and adopters if they think BTC is more or less owned by a Chinese company.   

Hang on a minute. AM is a Chinese company? I thought it was a USA based company in mainland USA, but with chinese fabs?

If they ship from china then sctrach all my predicitions because if these USB miners are not sitting in a warehouse in the USA or Europe then they will take a month just to reach the wholesalers even if they ship them today!

I'm now positive not more than a handful of these will be live mining 1st week of June.

BTW, where is AM listed? A USA stock eschange? Small Caps? I just curious if they are paying dividends right now? Because if they are not I would not touch the stock with a bargepole. If BTC/USD price tanks their shares will be toast!

M

Not officially listed anywhere, 3 passthroughs exist , paying dividends every Wednesday, if price tanks not much will happen. IPO at 10$USD per BTC for over 100.000 USD$ , initial IPO-Price 0.1 BTC/Share, initial IPO-Price was paid back completely through dividends after in late march. 18 Th deployed and actively mining.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:58:14 PM

, but I'm more than willing to assume you'll lose a lot of US BTC users and adopters if they think BTC is more or less owned by a Chinese company.   

Hang on a minute. AM is a Chinese company? I thought it was a USA based company in mainland USA, but with chinese fabs?

If they ship from china then sctrach all my predicitions because if these USB miners are not sitting in a warehouse in the USA or Europe then they will take a month just to reach the wholesalers even if they ship them today!

I'm now positive not more than a handful of these will be live mining 1st week of June.

BTW, where is AM listed? A USA stock eschange? Small Caps? I just curious if they are paying dividends right now? Because if they are not I would not touch the stock with a bargepole. If BTC/USD price tanks their shares will be toast!

M

Not officially listed anywhere, 3 passthroughs exist , paying dividends every Wednesday, if price tanks not much will happen. IPO at 10$USD per BTC for over 100.000 USD$ , initial IPO-Price 0.1 BTC/Share, initial IPO-Price was paid back completely through dividends after in late march. 18 Th deployed and actively mining.

Current hashrates here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkPdXsQFT-vIdHRVUjQ5Ql9BQWR6OENLMkhyUktUblE#gid=7

There is plans to up the hashrate to 262TH/s in the next 2-3 months, and this has held true so far. We were at 7-8TH not long ago.  Grin
markyminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:59:56 PM

So how do you sell you shares if they are not listed on any exchange? Privately via forums?  And how do you know what price to pay if you are buying them? Bid/ask spread must be huge!

M

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1361

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:02:57 PM

So how do you sell you shares if they are not listed on any exchange? Privately via forums?  And how do you know what price to pay if you are buying them? Bid/ask spread must be huge!

M

privately or : https://bitfunder.com/asset/G.ASICMINER-PT or https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT or https://bitfunder.com/asset/TAT.ASICMINER.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
markyminer

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:03:38 PM

M

Current hashrates here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkPdXsQFT-vIdHRVUjQ5Ql9BQWR6OENLMkhyUktUblE#gid=7

There is plans to up the hashrate to 262TH/s in the next 2-3 months, and this has held true so far. We were at 7-8TH not long ago.  Grin

And you have people here quing up to pay 2BTC for a 300m/h machine when the seller is openly telling them that they plan to more than quadruple the current network hash rate over the next 2-3 months.

Man there are some stupid people here?

M

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:31:02 PM

Not stupid.... Uninformed of the realities.   The smart money would be to buy AM shares with those two BTC while they are currently down. I'm not that smart though.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:36:03 PM

Longer ROI, some people are just okay with it!, Especially those who don't pay for electricity  Roll Eyes, Besides some just want one as souvenir. I know if I could I would buy one just to show the people "Yup, I invested in the awesome people who made this"

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:46:59 PM

Thanks for posting these links. I did not have the foresight to get involved in the AM IPO or get involved with the Bitcoin stock-market at all.

If I understand correctly, if I go to Bitfunder.com and buy 100 shares of G.ASICMINER-PT, I will then own 100 shares stored at Bitfunder, and they will pay me the dividends in my account that I can then withdraw to my wallet ?
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:47:50 PM

Not stupid.... Uninformed of the realities.   The smart money would be to buy AM shares with those two BTC while they are currently down. I'm not that smart though.

I'd have bought AM shares if they were really for sale, but they're not. You don't get a contract directly with AM any more, or at least not last time I checked. You need to trust a couple extra "layers".

If difficulty is going up so much, you're better off getting some coins at this price.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
markyminer

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:58:15 PM

Longer ROI, some people are just okay with it!, Especially those who don't pay for electricity  Roll Eyes, Besides some just want one as souvenir. I know if I could I would buy one just to show the people "Yup, I invested in the awesome people who made this"

You will never make an ROI unless BTC rises to $200 in the next few months or $1000 in the next few years!

forcast says in 3 years time network difficulty will be over 1000 million (10 million today) an this USB miner will earn less than 0.0001 btc a day.

M

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:03:38 PM

I'd have bought AM shares if they were really for sale, but they're not. You don't get a contract directly with AM any more, or at least not last time I checked. You need to trust a couple extra "layers".
you can buy shares through auctions in this forum.  They are a direct shares.  But, I don't see the point of direct shares, and typically, bitfunder is .1-.3 btc cheaper per share than direct shares.  They all get the same dividends, and I have no reason not to trust the PTs.

Additionally, you can convert PT shares to direct shares, if you want.

reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:35:10 PM

Point proven.  We're going to 4x the network, meaning our 300 stick is effectively a 75 stick in all reality.  And at 1.99BTC, what a steal!

Time to theorize, a bit.

This also means AM, with that deployment, would blow through the 51% wall, BTC would be insecure, and we should all jump ship before these ambitious upstarts take over.  And there is no "but competitors will be bringing X to market" argument since nobody has proven the ability to deploy anything that counters the hardware that AM will presumably be sitting on.  Which effectively means AM can and/or will selectively maintain an absurd lead mining (not hardware production, but mining) for as long as they please or until a competitor proves its worth.  Still meaning that, much like the folks on BTCGuild, we're currently all on AM's network.  And they're just getting rich off this sh*t. Cheesy
velacreations

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:58:42 PM

Still meaning that, much like the folks on BTCGuild, we're currently all on AM's network.  And they're just getting rich off this sh*t. Cheesy
which means that now is a good time to buy shares...

markyminer

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:57:51 PM

Still meaning that, much like the folks on BTCGuild, we're currently all on AM's network.  And they're just getting rich off this sh*t. Cheesy
which means that now is a good time to buy shares...

If I was a shareholder I would want to know why the powers that be @ AM are mining in the BTCguild pool paying (wasting) a 7.5% fee, when they they have enough T/H power to mine solo and keep all fees and block rewards for shareholders.

Surely giving away 7.5% of profits and mining "fees" to a third party is crazy?

M

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
reactor

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:03:54 PM

They mine PPLNS, 1.5% fee and averages higher payout than PPS.  They're smart capitalists. Smiley
HowGudAmI

Activity: 294

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:08:58 PM

They mine PPLNS, 1.5% fee and averages higher payout than PPS.  They're smart capitalists. Smiley

So their pool gives them more BTC than they would otherwise gain mining solo?

How is this in the pools interest?

(Not fully read up on mining so forgive if the question is dumb)

Smiley
reactor

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:15:58 PM

Solo mining is just dumb luck, pooled mining ensures you get paid.  Joy of PPS, no matter how many blocks the pool finds you get paid, but it is riskier (hence hefty fees).  PPLNS means you get paid based on your shares / total shares of found blocks combined value, but since BTCGuild usually does well PPLNS has been a long-term good bet.

Solo has a good chance of finding blocks (for AM, anyway, since they are bigger than most pools), but for investment sakes a pool somewhat guarantees the income.  Plus they seem to have the best luck on BTCGuild (I know I do, next to Bitparking), so they're basically using BTCGuild as a stratum PPLNS server for their mining operation. Smiley
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:19:27 PM

Aren't you concerned that people will wake up to the reality of the situation and cause Bitcoin to collapse and be replaced?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:42:33 PM

...since BTCGuild usually does well PPLNS has been a long-term good bet... they're basically using BTCGuild as a stratum PPLNS server for their mining operation. Smiley

So are saying we should all switch to BTCGuild and mine PPLNS because it's the best game in town ?
velacreations

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:43:30 PM

If I was a shareholder I would want to know why the powers that be @ AM are mining in the BTCguild pool paying (wasting) a 7.5% fee, when they they have enough T/H power to mine solo and keep all fees and block rewards for shareholders.

Surely giving away 7.5% of profits and mining "fees" to a third party is crazy?

Now that they have so much TH, the plan is to go solo in the next few weeks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: