Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252987 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitrain

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:53:14 AM

For how long it will be possible to redeem XEL?

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

████████████████████████ PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM ████████████████████████
█████████████ Getting lost in the sea of cryptocurrencies? Choose Playkey token! █████████████
Website | BitcoinTalk | Slack | Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Reddit | Telegram

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vladimir21

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:11:17 AM

Who're these devs and why should we trust them?

Also a question, what's the expected market cap during release?
Zggdrasil

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:14:49 AM

any testnet elastic? the faucet is dry  Cry

http://elasticexplorer.org/faucet/

If you still need XEL on TestNet, pm with your address and I will send some, so you can test.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:16:43 AM

The devs are listed in OP - read it first.
They devoted more a year of their time for development, and were given (almost) nothing for their work, so I think you can trust them.
Also, the devs have no control over any funds in this project - it's completely voluntary work, and anyone can get involved or leave.
vladimir21

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:22:08 AM

They devoted more a year of their time for development, and were given (almost) nothing for their work, so I think you can trust them.
Also, the devs have no control over any funds in this project - it's completely voluntary work, and anyone can get involved or leave.

it doesn't give any proper information. Oh well i just keep this project in sight looks interesting and has potential. But it looks like the devs are some unknowns, would like to hear what the expected market cap will be during release.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:26:37 AM

it doesn't give any proper information. Oh well i just keep this project in sight looks interesting and has potential. But it looks like the devs are some unknowns, would like to hear what the expected market cap will be during release.

i would rather have 1 of the "unknown" devs than 100 of the pseudo advisor ones
Zggdrasil

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:30:59 AM

There will be no MarketCap during release until we reach any exchanges, that may not be available right after release.
Total coins supply 100 Millions, at 1000 sats that would be 1000 BTC (as example) after count yourself, I don't think anyone know what the price will be at the moment, market will decide later.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:33:45 AM

There will be no MarketCap during release until we reach any exchanges, that may not be available right after release.
Total coins supply 100 Millions, at 1000 sats that would be 1000 BTC (as example) after count yourself, I don't think anyone know what the price will be at the moment, market will decide later.

there will always some kind of mean price. Its just simpler with exchanges
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:53:24 AM

About the unknown devs:
One dev who occasionally works on elastic found the biggest bug during the NXT bug hunt program. His name is EK.

Cheesy

And there r more of that kind... who cares who they r in rl.
ImI (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:08:16 AM

General advise: Keep it civil. Especially at launchday.  Wink
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:14:25 AM

sad to see that obvious trolling posts are preferred here above those of true supporters.
I will not post where I am not welcomed.
clivemy

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:23:50 AM

sad to see that obvious trolling posts are preferred here above those of true supporters.
@mr.coinzy - We're a good, respectful community here, of which you are a very active part.  IMI is just asking that we continue in that manner when dealing with such things as trolling, especially on launch day.

Of course, humour is the best way to deal with trolls.  ;-)
Sly21C

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:29:55 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread, and am a very recent participant in the cryptocurrency space.

I have one question, what is the difference between Elastic and Sonm? Since they both of them are projects that aim to give a decentralized super computer network?

Thanks
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:30:54 AM

@mr.coinzy - We're a good, respectful community here, of which you are a very active part.  IMI is just asking that we continue in that manner when dealing with such things as trolling, especially on launch day.

Of course, humour is the best way to deal with trolls.  ;-)

I am usually very respectful as you probably know,  but it is so obvious that some ill  intent people post stuff here to try torattle /annoy / pisss off our devs so they decide to bail,  that I couldn't stay silent.
I see how sensitive EK and the rest of the devs are and it is these trolling statements that create bad vibes in our wonderful community.
Zggdrasil

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:34:43 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread, and am a very recent participant in the cryptocurrency space.

I have one question, what is the difference between Elastic and Sonm? Since they both of them are projects that aim to give a decentralized super computer network?

Thanks

SONM is a paper-project at the moment, while Elastic have already own PL (programming language) and real use case demonstration, my 2 xels.
Luke2939

Activity: 224

Building Wealth through AI and the power of the bl

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:39:51 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks

SONM is a paper-project at the moment, while Elastic have already own PL (programming language) and real use case demonstration, my 2 xels.

I heard SONM released some Alpha version and some dude in France ran Quake on it or something. Check their twitter account. And I think we are seeing a lot of competition building on this space from Golem, iExec RLC and all. It is exciting to see who is going to take the lead.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO    Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Sly21C

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:47:47 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Thanks for the response. Sonm have raised $30 mln so far I think, it will be very interesting to see which project will be more successful between Elastic and Sonm. I'll be following Elastic very closely.
Zggdrasil

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:48:59 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks

I heard SONM released some Alpha version and some dude in France ran Quake on it or something. Check their twitter account. And I think we are seeing a lot of competition building on this space from Golem, iExec RLC and all. It is exciting to see who is going to take the lead.

And Golem had some rendering example on Testnet, thx about hint, will try to find it.
michaelwang33

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:59:18 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks

yes he was running quake 3, a few people joined in. sonm is more than a paper project. although they could do with a better team to handle pr stuff

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:09:30 PM

710 BTC is too little for this project, developers should have another one, or it's NOT fair for developers, if developers stop to do development, price will drop to Zero.

Likelihood of developers stopping increases proportionally with all this annoying fund talk.

Other than that: I do not want to play any role in anything that goes beyond coding, but from what I read occasionally I would really suggest to improve the quality of the communication which goes outside of the project. If I didn't know better, I think I would get a pretty bad image of Elastic quickly.

Just a suggestion from someone who observes  Wink

EK lots of people are ready to market this coin, I have been educating people in bitcoin meetups for a long time here in Amsterdam about it but we would need some help from the team for convincing arguments because the technical details are not really widely known even in this forum. There was a paper that is a bit outdated comparing it to gridcoin and golem but a new one should be written as a basis for solid arguments.

As an example, elastic can run parralel code where other projects run the same code on all nodes in ethereum? Is this a valid argument? Also ElasticPL that is C like is a big argument and I am using it too.

Also it's more generic use as the others that are more focused in rendering etc.

Can someone make a list of the most important differentiation points here so we can use them on tweets or reddit etc?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: